View Poll Results: Can you keep yourself steady?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I act like always, then slooooooowly builds it on

12 17.91%
  • I don't say shit

15 22.39%
  • I say shit, but not shit that makes her/him interested in me

4 5.97%
  • I act maybe a little shaky, but he/she doesn't notice it too much

8 11.94%
  • I act odder than usual, but while it's a bit prevalent, it isn't too serious

6 8.96%
  • I act very strange at moments, but without wrecking it

5 7.46%
  • He/she DOES notice I act odd very clearly, but he/she likes me enough to forgive it

2 2.99%
  • I show I like the person more than as a friend, and hope he/she isn't scared away

5 7.46%
  • I BEG he/she will be together with me, but still don't try to force him/her

1 1.49%
  • I try to DEMAND from him/her to be together with me

3 4.48%
  • You know those creepy stalker shows from TLC?

6 8.96%
Page 65 of 76 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2267

Thread: How do you act when you have a crush on someone?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

So you're trying to do the right thing, but at no point up until that closing line does it look like you have been trying to do the right thing. It comes off like your disappointment at her not being able to make the date is more important than the reasons she wasn't able to. If that's the impression she's picked up as well, all you can really do is apologise. I lost my father at 17 and maybe that affects my perspective, but if my then-boyfriend had been anything less than patient I'd have dumped his ass because it's too much to be thinking about at such a time. I wouldn't blame her if she feels even less inclined to bother with someone where it's not yet a relationship and she feels she's made no serious commitment. Really, she offered to pay you back. She offered a solution.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Al Jeany apologist skully the poltergeist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noodlesoup View Post
    im confused
    whenever i ask my friends for advice it's never a non biased opinion
    asking here meant i got like six different responses and ive read them all and considered them all
    how does this equate to me not caring about her or the situation?
    It's because you seem more interested in your noodle than her well-being.
    yeet or get yeeted

Blog Entries

Go here if you're not satisfied. The opposite cohort to your friends is likely to be mainly women, which the NHC is not, and we still think what we think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askwomenadvice/

Blog Entries

My turn to rant

So I've been largely steering clear of my 'crush' because its an impossible situation and only ever gets me down. We hadn't chatted in a while but today a got a message from her that literally said 'pay me attention, you're so elusive'. So I caved and decided to chat only to get ignored. She's online and has seen my replies but isn't responding.

This sounds petty af but it's something that's happened a few times. I can deal with being ignored but it's kind of annoying in this context. Was just starting to get her off my mind.

It seems almost intentional at this point. Am I just being cynical?

Blog Entries

Ha, no, unless there's a tonne of backstory I don't know, it sounds like she wants your attention and is playing games. Can't say whether that means she actually likes you, but she's definitely trying to make you crazy. I don't think someone would go to the effort of sending you a message asking for attention if they were just ordinary ignoring you.

If she saw your replies then unless it was by COMPLETE accident she clicked over to it, she's playin' w/ you.

Tell her to ♪quit playing games w/ my
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Glad I'm not just being paranoid.

Haha the big messy backstory is well chronicled in this thread. We dated for like a month and she ended up with another guy who is pre abusive. Maybe that's part of why she acts this way. He nearly beat me up a few weeks back just for having a pint with her.

Can't deal with games. If she wanted to be good mates that would be awesome and tbh I'd even be fine if we drifted apart. Just hate this awkward limbo. Keeps me thinking about her when I know nothing will happen.

Since what I act isn't up there Im just going to say it instead. When I see my crush I act nervous and/or shakey around her.

Blog Entries

i don't know why, but I was thinking about an old coworker of mine, back from the good old days of cart pushing. No, not 'blondie'; someone else. I find that thinking about her is one of the only ways to get me to smile these days. I'm pretty sure, in my mind, I thought I liked 'blondie' because I thought she was cute, but that's about it. I didn't know anything about her. I was using that as a sort of cover because of this other girl, and I just didn't know what to say. This other girl, lets call her... K, I actually know about her, she went to the same high school as me and she was a grade below me. Looking back, I actually enjoyed going into work... when I knew she was there. We'd have conversations, make jokes, and I don't know, I felt like I could be myself around her. I'm really antisocial, particularly around girls, but she was different. Unfortunately, I feel like I blew it with my 'crush' on the other girl coworker, even though it wasn't really a crush. no idea why it took me this long to realize this.

me and K actually hung out outside of work a few times too. we went to go see a movie, by ourselves, and we were literally the only two people in the theater. I haven't seen K since she left the store(since she left and I'd been fired, and I've been moving around since). thinking about sending her a message on facebook but i wouldn't even know where to begin. all i know is, when i think of when i was at my happiest working, it was when I was working with her. just thinking about all the stupid conversations we'd have, or the times we hung out outside of work, is enough to make me smile. I haven't felt this way about a girl in... my life, and it scares the hell out of me because I don't know what to do. at all. any advice?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kes View Post
    Go here if you're not satisfied. The opposite cohort to your friends is likely to be mainly women, which the NHC is not, and we still think what we think.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askwomenadvice/
    Took a look at this the other day when it was posted. First few threads I read were utterly exhausting. Basically just stupid guys asking for advice about love life woes and then getting shouted down.
    How to remaster

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

@walid Just send a message. You've literally got nothing to lose... just keep it chill and ask what she's been up to.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

idk where else to put this i gotta vent (not about me this time)

ok so there's this kid in my grade called mark and a kid called taylah. mark and taylah dated for a bit and broke up, standard stuff. marks cool but can be a real dickhead and taylah is on like 5 different sorts of medication to help with depression and stuff, but she's also really funny.

backstory aside, we found out they broke up like 3 weeks into term 2. we were all like oh why you guys were so good together. turns out old mate mark was making self harm jokes to her when she self harms. i mean this is terrible in and of itself but he didn't seem to care and was quote "glad to break up with her"

since then till like now ive been helping taylah get over him and i finally thought she was. she's been really upset over the whole thing and really missed mark (?!?!) and wanted to get back together with him (?!?!?!?!?)

this morning i got a message from mark asking if he should get back together with her. i was like "werent u glad to dump her?" and hes like "i actually really miss her" and i said back "but you joked about self harm to someone who does it asshat" and he said "i feel really bad about it" and i just said "whatever, as long as you apologise for fucking her over" and hes like "ok cool"

it just sucks that people can be this shitty and get away with it. ugh

in other news with me tho i apologised to ella for being a dickhead about the whole situation and i was sorry for getting mad about it. she said not to worry but i said no u were going through some stuff and i was really out of line to get mad about it and she seemed pleased that i owned up to that.

we had year 10 social last night and this girl emily kept fixing my tie. idk if she likes me but she's cute and if she did i probably wouldnt say no to dating her :^

Blog Entries

My friend wasn't playing games. She sent me some very abstract messages today. Don't think she's well at all. Feel pretty selfish right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    My friend wasn't playing games. She sent me some very abstract messages today. Don't think she's well at all. Feel pretty selfish right now.
    I think she likes you.

Blog Entries

lol. We dated for a month, i'd hope that she likes me to some extent. Seriously though i need to stop being so self-centred, shes a pretty complex person to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Apologist View Post
    Games may not be the right word for this in that case. Convenience, maybe. I hope she's ok, but from experience, people saying PAY ATTENTION and then proceeding to not pay attention and send goofy messages may have other motives than falling in love. I mean by all means talk to her if you feel you can help or support her through whatever is going on, but be aware that this may not lead where you want still. Bouncing back and forth between emotions and feelings isn't healthy for either party.

Honestly I've haven't seen or talked to my girlfriend since school got out.

Blog Entries

some boyfriend you are

Blog Entries

@corndough teach me how to get a girlfriend

I dont have a phone. Well I have a texting app on my kindle fire but she doesn't have a phone either. But luckily I'll see her on Monday when school starts again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    Games may not be the right word for this in that case. Convenience, maybe. I hope she's ok, but from experience, people saying PAY ATTENTION and then proceeding to not pay attention and send goofy messages may have other motives than falling in love. I mean by all means talk to her if you feel you can help or support her through whatever is going on, but be aware that this may not lead where you want still. Bouncing back and forth between emotions and feelings isn't healthy for either party.
    Like i don't want it to lead anywhere really. Things didn't work out and we're not even in the same city anymore. I still care about her though and want to help. Its just very draining and sometimes feels one-sided. I won't hear from her for weeks and then she'll have some crisis and want my support. It's tough. She's such a good person but very self-destructive. I shouldn't take things personally but I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
    @corndough teach me how to get a girlfriend
    I met my girlfriend on a Google Hangouts group my friends at school started. We'd talked and fell in love. We both really love wolves a lot. But the school eventually blocked Hangouts on the school computers. So we emailed each other on the computers at school.

Blog Entries

beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

a story you'll be telling your wolfkin
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

Truly the greatest love story ever told

Thank you. Still better then Twilight.

Blog Entries

twilight has wolves u love it dont lie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noodlesoup View Post
    ok so there's this kid in my grade called mark and a kid called taylah
    Is... is that some sort of Australian bastardisation of the name Taylor?

I hate the movies. But I love wolves and my girlfriend. The reason why I didn't first see her in person is because she's a 9th grader and me a 11th grader when we started talking last December. But shell be a 10th grader this year and me 12th.

Blog Entries

nice mate dating two years younger

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Is... is that some sort of Australian bastardisation of the name Taylor?
    probably man, weve got two kids named taylah in our grade

Thread Information