View Poll Results: Can you keep yourself steady?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I act like always, then slooooooowly builds it on

12 17.91%
  • I don't say shit

15 22.39%
  • I say shit, but not shit that makes her/him interested in me

4 5.97%
  • I act maybe a little shaky, but he/she doesn't notice it too much

8 11.94%
  • I act odder than usual, but while it's a bit prevalent, it isn't too serious

6 8.96%
  • I act very strange at moments, but without wrecking it

5 7.46%
  • He/she DOES notice I act odd very clearly, but he/she likes me enough to forgive it

2 2.99%
  • I show I like the person more than as a friend, and hope he/she isn't scared away

5 7.46%
  • I BEG he/she will be together with me, but still don't try to force him/her

1 1.49%
  • I try to DEMAND from him/her to be together with me

3 4.48%
  • You know those creepy stalker shows from TLC?

6 8.96%
Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 2267

Thread: How do you act when you have a crush on someone?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

I've never really planned a first date at a concert, but I've done the going to a concert alone and meeting a girl thing. Which is close enough. And a really fun evening. I'd say go for it if you're into the band as well.

Blog Entries

It can't go any worse than taking a first date to, say, the movies.

I think it's a good start, but you should also have time to interact, maybe at a dinner or something.

Al Jeany apologist skully the poltergeist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

One of the best first dates I've had was at the cinema actually. The girl I was with kept kissing/sucking on my fingers throughout the movie... fuck that sounds weird. Was incredibly intense, the fact we couldn't talk massively added to it. I guess we did go for a fancy meal after though. And then jumped in a taxi back to mine.

God I miss that excitement. Think I'm still madly in love to tell the truth.

I bet the whole carcrash is chronicled in this thread haha

Moral of the story - movies can work for a first date. You just need something planned for after. Another plus is it gives you something to talk about so there's only a limited amount of first date awkwardness.
    Last edited by skully the poltergeist; 05-25-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Blog Entries

@Matty, when you met that girl at the concert, how did the fact that you went to the concert alone go over? I always feel like if I went to something alone then any girl I meet would wonder where my friends were, why I was alone and think that I am some weirdo loner creep to be avoided.

@Apologist, about the finger sucking first date, how much interaction had you had with her before the date? Like, did you already know her for a while or what?

I guess what makes a good first date could depend on how much you already know the person beforehand. There's a big difference between a first date with someone you just met and a first date with someone you have been going to school with for a year, for example.

Personally I have found that a movie first date isn't great. You spend most of the time in silence watching the movie. It's not bad but you don't really progress much. A concert could be better, but again I think it has more to do with the time before and after the concert/movie.

Al Jeany apologist skully the poltergeist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I knew her a little bit before but only from nights out. And she was an unusually intense/passionate person.

Point still stands though, movie can be good provided its not all that you do. But a concert is probably a better shout !

I went on a semi-date to the movies to watch Deadpool. Yeah it was kinda weird not being able to interact. Strangest part though was when she asked me the meaning of an innuendo in the movie and I had to explain a dick joke. We went to steak and shake afterwards and never went out again. She's a good friend but I know we wouldn't work. That was a few months ago.

Now I have two crushes. One lives a few states away from me and I haven't seen her in several years, although we occasionally keep in touch. The other crush is the one I went to formal with and I still haven't asked her out. I'm not really focused on it anymore, but if we're still single and on friendly terms next semester, I'll ask her out then. This summer is going to suck.

Joe Swanson ©tormented OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You can't just ask her now or somewhere this summer instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

I haven't seen her in person since school has been out and I don't know her enough to ask her out over the phone or message her. I've commented on her posts a few times but she lives two hours away. Not to mention, I'm getting really busy and don't know when I can get time to do anything now.

Blog Entries

@SuitOfDrugs last time I went alone I actually met a girl who was there by herself as well. It's not as strange as you imagine before you've tried it. Everyone there is excited about seeing the band, so it's pretty easy to start conversations.

I'd say the difference between going to a concert and a movie is that there is still a lot of interaction during a concert. Music/dancing seems like a more personal, maybe more intimate experience.

Blog Entries

Anything goes for a date but try to eat together one side of it or the other. Allows you to connect more. IDK about anyone else, but eating or even ordering in company is quite an intimate experience for me. We found out we both like olives, and it's the little things that build it up.

Oh yeah. Difference between a movie and concert for me is I'd go to a movie alone to be left alone, and a concert alone to meet new people, drink and dance.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Blog Entries

Man, the movie date debate just never gets old, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    Strangest part though was when she asked me the meaning of an innuendo in the movie and I had to explain a dick joke.
    Please expand upon this. I haven't watched it since it came out but I have a hard time imagining Deadpool was subtle enough with a dick joke that it would require explaining.
    How to remaster

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Man, the movie date debate just never gets old, huh?

Please expand upon this. I haven't watched it since it came out but I have a hard time imagining Deadpool was subtle enough with a dick joke that it would require explaining.
    I can't even remember which scene it was, but it was a conversation with Francis right before the transformation of Deadpool. I'm going to go back and try to find it. But yeah I didn't think it was subtle.

Blog Entries

if she didn't get the dick joke, she was not the one
    :gatorpee:

Blog Entries

I've never heard of people going to a concert alone before

Blog Entries

It's a rarity, but seriously why wouldn't you go just because no one else wanted to? I usually pack a camera and chat to some strangers, etc. Sometimes I do know others who are going but don't really care if I catch them or not.

Blog Entries

I dunno, with the two guys I've dated, we went to movies together for our first dates (we had lunch beforehand though). I knew both of these guys as friends before we got together so it wasn't like it was our first time meeting up or anything.

Actually, watching movies with my first bf was really fun, because we'd pick a quiet spot in the theater where there was no other people and just MST3K the whole film, whispering back and forth. We'd do the same at his place watching movies and TV shows. That was actually kind of a sign to me that my second relationship wasn't gonna work out since my second bf had no gift for watching a movie and shit-talking it with me and all of my attempts to establish that with him failed.

...I need someone to mock bad (or even good!) movies with, guys. who will be that man

Blog Entries

I might go, but why I wouldn't go is stuff like, fear, social anxiety. I can feel much more lonely and terrible being out some place alone than being home alone. Going with people, I don't think much about what other people are thinking of me. When I am alone I am more self conscious, and I think that people pay more attention to me than if I wasn't alone. Because, for example, if a couple people walk up near you, you figure those people are with each other, they aren't going to bug you. But if the person is alone, it's like Oh are they going to talk to me or what.

I once told my crush that I like him and his reaction was so weird that I don't think I'll say it again to someone else.

Blog Entries

Hey.

As you all know, I hanged out a lot with a girl I not only had a crush on. I was in love with her. The first time I really, truly felt in love for a long time. I mean, the girl in my math class, I was in love with. That's true. But in love to a point where you not only can't get over it, but you can't imagine you will ever meet anybody else in the whole world who is so alike you on an intellectual level, who you can talk with like with your best friends, maybe even better. Who I think is so much more than just "incredibly beautiful", but is an incredible person on every single level. I just couldn't believe who I met, where had this girl been all my life? But just a few days until we were going to meet again (this Sunday, maybe Saturday), she broke my heart. She took my heart and tore it in half. Before I had any chance to finally confess my feelings (which I decided I would finally do this weekend), she wrote a lengthy message about how she didn't feel the same.

But the most fucked up thing is that I wasn't even the only hopeful one. @handsome_devil, who never thought things would go well with whatever girl I talked about, suddenly believed in me. Believed that if I only confessed my feelings, everything would be okay. But that wasn't the case. In fact, I didn't even do it, she told her side first.

Fuck.

And for those wondering, she won't be in Father In London anymore. I'm terribly sorry. @Matty does both voices.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

well you worded this pretty weirdly. she was the first to say anything about this and it was a whole writeup about how you two aren't compatible? i'm guessing she could tell you liked her (and you must admit it was pretty dang obvious)
    so does she still want to be friends? cuz if so you cutting her out of your projects and stuff isn't gonna make her happy

Blog Entries

I actually still wanted her as part of the project, but she didn't want to.

Blog Entries

wonder what made her finally catch onto your whole Charade!

Blog Entries

that's real tough buddy. hope you're ok oss

Classic Simpsons Guy Evil Monkey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i actually hadn't heard about this person until today. really hope you will be ok after this oss.

Blog Entries

I'm not okay at all right now, but thanks for your concern.

It really is terrible. I planned on having a picnic with her again, since it worked so well last time.

(handsome seems to refer to the poem video, which I never showed her)

Blog Entries

?? i never mentioned that. just pondering aloud what it was that finally made her catch onto your crush

Classic Simpsons Guy Evil Monkey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i can understand why you would be distraught about this, but hopefully you will be able to get over it in time.

Blog Entries

Sorry handsome, I thought you were being jokey for some weird reason.

Life fucking sucks and I hate myself for wasting all this time for nothing. How are you doing with that site, handy?

Blog Entries

it'd be good if you were posting on it

Thread Information