View Poll Results: Can you keep yourself steady?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I act like always, then slooooooowly builds it on

12 17.91%
  • I don't say shit

15 22.39%
  • I say shit, but not shit that makes her/him interested in me

4 5.97%
  • I act maybe a little shaky, but he/she doesn't notice it too much

8 11.94%
  • I act odder than usual, but while it's a bit prevalent, it isn't too serious

6 8.96%
  • I act very strange at moments, but without wrecking it

5 7.46%
  • He/she DOES notice I act odd very clearly, but he/she likes me enough to forgive it

2 2.99%
  • I show I like the person more than as a friend, and hope he/she isn't scared away

5 7.46%
  • I BEG he/she will be together with me, but still don't try to force him/her

1 1.49%
  • I try to DEMAND from him/her to be together with me

3 4.48%
  • You know those creepy stalker shows from TLC?

6 8.96%
Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2267

Thread: How do you act when you have a crush on someone?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Joe Swanson ©tormented OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have actually asked a few others if they know her, but no such luck so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

Well then in that case, just sit on the couch for two hours again, take her photo all sneaky-like when she comes around and show it around to people at your school and ask if anybody knows who she is! When you two meet, you'll laugh and reminisce about what you did for love. The story would be so romantic they'll make it into a movie. And I have the perfect title: "One Hour Photo". Nothin creepy 'bout that...
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    take her photo all sneaky-like when she comes around and show it around to people at your school and ask if anybody knows who she is!
    Come on now, I won't go that low.

Blog Entries

Oh thank god we finally found that this basement has a floor.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: jim

Blog Entries

Maybe you can downplay it. If you ask someone if they know her and they do know who she is, maybe SAY to them, once, casually "because I think she's cute". If you're confident saying it to them in a truly offhand manner, they're more likely to tell her casually that someone complimented her than assume you're super into her and warn her to stay away, like they might if you act shifty and embarrassed about asking. Generally if someone comes off like they think what they're doing is wrong, people assume the worst, so I wouldn't ask if I couldn't be cool about it. Tbh if you are confident, letting someone know they're cute can just be a pleasant part of the day that they won't overthink the way you are.

Trust me: I held off telling someone I was interested for so long that I actually managed to make them wonder if I was just odd.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Blog Entries

Yeah I gotta say, the few times I asked someone about her, it felt really embarrassing and I didn't feel confident since I already beforehand thought "It's probably gonna be no". I'm hoping it wasn't too noticeable on my behavior, but I want to try and ask a couple of people again with more confidence this time.

Banned
    Blog Entries

because things have kind of come to a halt with my situation, i'm thinking fuck this, i'm finally gonna get the confidence to go on grindr and find some guys. i've been beating around the bush far too long.

i'd been saying to myself that if things didn't go quite as planned (don't get me wrong things have hardly gone catastrophically bad or anything) i would finally get the confidence to go on grindr, and i'm pretty determined to do that.

feeling optimistic

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

can't believe i'm asking for "romantic" advice on a simpsons fan-forum but here i am cos i don't want to bother anyone irl with this

pretty much my closest friend at uni and i sorta got with each other last week at the end of exams party and we've seen each other the past two days and it's been good and she's really into me but i really only want her as a friend i think. even though it's nice having someone interested in you, 1) we're quite different, interest-wise and personality-wise, 2) we see each other every day cos we're on the same course and in the same societies, plus 3) i really value her friendship cos she's a positive influence on me, so for those 3 reasons i'm having doubts. i don't want this to make things awkward between us and ruin our friendship seeing as we see each other so often anyway.

buuutttt i do get on well with her and we complement each other (she's very giving and sociable while i'm quieter and 'sensible'), and i'm woefully lacking in relationship experience at the age of 21 so part of me is thinking this is just my pessimistic, anxious inexperienced outlook making things worse in my head than they actually are? part of me thinks just go along with it (another part of me thinks this is horribly manipulative). and i look at other people's relationships which seem to be going well and can see clear parallels with my situation. my best friend, who is very similar to me temperamentally (quiet, niche interests), has a girlfriend who's sort of like my friend at uni, very giving, caring, and loving, with little interest-wise in common with him, but they've been together 2 years now and seem very happy. obviously it would be stupid to draw too much from one example where i know very little of the details, but still.

fwiw i'm pretty sure within the next week i'm gunna just say i wanna be friends and leave it at that. but i just wanted somewhere to dump this and if anyone wants to chip in on it they can

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tromboon

Blog Entries

I would tell her that you're really happy right now and you just want to take things slow because you lack experience with relationships. You'd hate to lose her, especially as a friend, by rushing into something and making mistakes.

I think people put way too much emphasis on mutual interests. Two people can be passionate about bowling and French jazz and gardening yet have zero chemistry. I mean sure, you want to know you'll have things you enjoy doing together, but if you think you like someone just because they like the things you like, you're just judging them by how much of yourself you see in them. You have to step outside of yourself when getting to know someone and really see them. (Does that make sense?) It sounds like you're exactly on the right track. People who really click tend to build mutual interests over time anyway. The key is being open to trying new things

Personally, I think you're just great. You're intelligent and empathetic—that you're having so much anxiety about losing her as a friend shows how much you really care about and respect her. It's always scary heading into a new relationship, but I think anyone would be lucky to have you
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Blog Entries

This is what I've been increasingly thinking. Not having (that many) interests in common isn't a huge problem. Who's to say it can't work? I think if two people are a third the same and two thirds the opposite it can complement. At the same time you could be literally the same person but not vain enough to find that attractive.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thank you both @ThatsAPaddlin and @kes i think you're both right. i don't actually find the whole 'lack of mutual interests' thing too much of a big deal but i definitely made it out to be in the last post so i understand your responses completely. funnily enough you talk about chemistry and that's something i've been worrying about because i'm still not sure i'm attracted to her because i still see her more as a friend. but as you say i should take it slow, and to be fair i've already told her that so i think i'll just continue down that path for now and not take any big leaps.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

Yeah, doesn't sound like you feel in love, because you'd know for sure. In which case I wouldn't pursue such a relationship. It can ruin things fast and make it hard to maintain the friendship. If you think you might fall in love eventually, allow yourself the time and space needed for that.

Blog Entries

Yeah I'd say continue having special times with this girl and being "close", but with the acknowledgement of let's not stress, we both would know in that moment if something was right.

Blog Entries

You're a FUNNY GUY, Ryan!

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That couch will be a memory, you will tell this story to your children one day.

Blog Entries

If you feel nervous when you're talking to her later today, just think of the noises your mom and her boyfriend made last night

Blog Entries

Could be you any more of an asshole?

Blog Entries

I could, but I choose not to

Unless you meant that as a request

Blog Entries

Oss please you say like, the weirdest things ever. Of course people will make fun of you.

Blog Entries

obviously OSS needs to take advice from his mom's bf instead of us. at least he knows for a fact that the dude knows what he's doin

Blog Entries

Where did he say that i cant seem to find it

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Huh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rehpotsirhc View Post
    Where did he say that i cant seem to find it
    jesus christ
    :gatorpee:

Blog Entries

..what? Its a simple question, where did he post about him hearing his mum? Saw it on the oss_txt twitter and ryan mentioned it here. Whats the probem

Blog Entries

the lounge

Blog Entries

Yeah thanks... never browse there so how would i know geez

Blog Entries

You didn't hear his mom and her boyfriend from where you live?

Blog Entries

Sweden is a big country, full of ice llamas and Eskimos.

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tromboon

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Is no one else thinking he should probably try talking to her more than 2 or 3 times or however many times you lucked out with the creep couch before asking her out? Seems like you barely know her still.

Thread Information