View Poll Results: Can you keep yourself steady?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I act like always, then slooooooowly builds it on

12 17.91%
  • I don't say shit

15 22.39%
  • I say shit, but not shit that makes her/him interested in me

4 5.97%
  • I act maybe a little shaky, but he/she doesn't notice it too much

8 11.94%
  • I act odder than usual, but while it's a bit prevalent, it isn't too serious

6 8.96%
  • I act very strange at moments, but without wrecking it

5 7.46%
  • He/she DOES notice I act odd very clearly, but he/she likes me enough to forgive it

2 2.99%
  • I show I like the person more than as a friend, and hope he/she isn't scared away

5 7.46%
  • I BEG he/she will be together with me, but still don't try to force him/her

1 1.49%
  • I try to DEMAND from him/her to be together with me

3 4.48%
  • You know those creepy stalker shows from TLC?

6 8.96%
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you act when you have a crush on someone?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
    Man, who would've thought you could look forward to Wednesday more than Friday?
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 08-26-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

I don't get crushes very often, but when I do I just get really nervous and often feel dumb and unworthy of that person's attention. I'll even act extra shy and awkward around them because I am always afraid what they think of me and I just feel dumb mostly...I'll never go up to them or ask them out or anything because honestly I have no clue how to do any of that stuff without looking like an idiot. Usually just assume they're taken or want nothing to do with me either since I feel like i'm never worthy of anyone's attention (let alone a male that i'm attracted to). Even so, the though of any guy ever being interested in me just seems foreign and impossible to me to comprehend. I feel like i'll forever be alone because of this never ending cycle of self pity and social awkwardness. I know nobody will ever approach me either and it still baffles me how anybody ever gets together because I feel like it's impossible for me to ever meet anyone let alone make new friends or anything close to something romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

Sometimes, on the occasions that a guy has liked me back, I've actually flirted with him under the pretense that we may start dating....then once I have him, I decide I'm not interested anymore and let him down. Shitty I know, but I don't fell compelled to go beyond that point.

Blog Entries

I've decided that I should take it a little cool. If I ask her too many times if she wants to do something, she'll grow tired of hearing it and not want to. I shouldn't pressure her.
    One thing I've noticed is that I try so desperately to make her laugh that I use VERY dry humor. It's starting to feel more and more painful and I wish I just could think up easier ways of getting the conversation going.
    Otherwise, I'm fine. I'm glad I even get to speak with her without any issue and I'm always happy to be around her. All I need is patience.
    However, should I ask her if we can keep contact when it's the last lesson and fall break arrives, or should I take it even easier and just TRY REALLY FUCKING HARD waiting till school starts again?
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 10-08-2014 at 08:59 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Plain and simple, if she isn't interested in you, there isn't really anything you can do to make her like you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The User Formerly Known as "N" View Post
    Plain and simple, if she isn't interested in you, there isn't really anything you can do to make her like you.
    What?
    I didn't say she wasn't interested in me. I don't know what she thinks about me yet. I said I was fine with the situation as it is.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulSpookerSnospisEht View Post

What?
    I didn't say she wasn't interested in me. I don't know what she thinks about me yet. I said I was fine with the situation as it is.
    I didn't directly mean you. I was just saying generally.

Blog Entries

Oh.
    But anyway...
    If you have a suggestion as for what I should do when it comes the last question, that would be GREAT...

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Banned
    Blog Entries

Oh my god, OSS! That person wears glasses and braces (braces as in suspenders)! Bet you must really like him huh...

Blog Entries

Yeah, yeah, very amusing.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Wanting to switch seats The Monorail's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be honest I haven't really had any serious crushes, but if there is a girl I like I just try to be more confident and funnier than usual. Which has not been successful considering that my stats are this: girls I like(d) who like(d) me - 0, girls I don't/didn't like who like(d) me - 2, girls banged - 0.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulSpookerSnospisEht View Post
    I've decided that I should take it a little cool. If I ask her too many times if she wants to do something, she'll grow tired of hearing it and not want to. I shouldn't pressure her.
    One thing I've noticed is that I try so desperately to make her laugh that I use VERY dry humor. It's starting to feel more and more painful and I wish I just could think up easier ways of getting the conversation going.
    Otherwise, I'm fine. I'm glad I even get to speak with her without any issue and I'm always happy to be around her. All I need is patience.
    However, should I ask her if we can keep contact when it's the last lesson and fall break arrives, or should I take it even easier and just TRY REALLY FUCKING HARD waiting till school starts again?
    Have you ever done anything together then, or is she always busy, later etc?

If yes and you have done something together and she seemed to enjoy your company, then i see no harm in asking to keep in contact.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Have you ever done anything together then, or is she always busy, later etc?

If yes and you have done something together and she seemed to enjoy your company, then I see no harm in asking to keep in contact.
    We've only seen each other at math and she seems to enjoy my company, but she has always said "We'll talk about it later" or "We'll see". I think it just is that she still doesn't know me that well yet and is unsure.

Just add her on a social network or something.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Sweet, I met her today coincidentally while on my short break before another lesson.
    We only talked for a few minutes, but it was still worth it. Apparently she studies latin, by the way
    I also saw her later walking down the stairs, but she was probably just going to begin a lesson and I didn't want to seem like I had been following her (even though I wouldn't have), so I skipped. But I still got to talk with her!

Blog Entries

I had math, so I once again saw her. Delightful as usual! Even better when I also saw her afterwards going somewhere. I just looked at her and smiled, so she smiled back and said "Hi" with her lips. (She didn't really speak, I just knew what she said)
    Still wondering if I should ask her to keep in touch or not, though. It's a math test next week and that day, I don't think there will be time where we can talk with each other, since there also will be a fall break the following week after that.

Blog Entries

@pkkao R & R my tale of my crush with + & -, that shit. Just for fun.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 02-10-2018 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Ugh, CRINGE

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

A source of fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think he wants to do that.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pilcrow, Ryan, Sam

Blog Entries

THREAD TITLE: How do you act when you have a crush on someone?
    THREAD CONTENTS: OSS recounting his life story. only a few people tell how they act when they have a crush on someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

I do in my heart want this to go well for OSS. But from the little tidbits he's been telling us I just don't see that happening.

Blog Entries

I tend to act skiddish if I'm near someone I like, which is bad, because I get clumsy when I'm like that. More often than not, I end up unintentionally making myself look like an idiot in front of them.

I try to simultaneously avoid and be in the visual path of the crush in question at all times.

So far, it appears that the first part of that little attention-seeking tango works better than the second.
    "Please do not offer my god a peanut." -Apu

Favorite episode: "Homer the Heretic"

Blog Entries

Is it time to ask her phone number or propose an actual date, OSS? You don't want to be stuck at 'hey wanna go do something sometimes' for the rest of the year

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old painty-can Ned View Post
    I do in my heart want this to go well for OSS. But from the little tidbits he's been telling us I just don't see that happening.
    You say so?
    :/

Blog Entries

I need the girl I like to break up with her damn boyfriend already. She likes talking to me, and when I'm out in the hall waiting for class, she always sits by me. So maaaaaybe there's a chance.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrupt Panther View Post
    I need the girl I like to break up with her damn boyfriend already.
    well what? do they not like each other?

Blog Entries

I don't know. It's just that most of this country has this crazy idea that you can only be in one relationship at a time.

Banned
    Blog Entries

So you're saying that people should openly have affairs with other people and their partners are expected to forgive them and just deal with it every time? Huh

There's a kind of trust you have if you're in a relationship, and finding out that your partner is having an affair would completely break that trust.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrupt Panther View Post
    I don't know. It's just that most of this country has this crazy idea that you can only be in one relationship at a time.

Thread Information