View Poll Results: Can you keep yourself steady?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • I act like always, then slooooooowly builds it on

12 17.91%
  • I don't say shit

15 22.39%
  • I say shit, but not shit that makes her/him interested in me

4 5.97%
  • I act maybe a little shaky, but he/she doesn't notice it too much

8 11.94%
  • I act odder than usual, but while it's a bit prevalent, it isn't too serious

6 8.96%
  • I act very strange at moments, but without wrecking it

5 7.46%
  • He/she DOES notice I act odd very clearly, but he/she likes me enough to forgive it

2 2.99%
  • I show I like the person more than as a friend, and hope he/she isn't scared away

5 7.46%
  • I BEG he/she will be together with me, but still don't try to force him/her

1 1.49%
  • I try to DEMAND from him/her to be together with me

3 4.48%
  • You know those creepy stalker shows from TLC?

6 8.96%
Page 1 of 76 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you act when you have a crush on someone?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hybrid View

Joe Swanson ©tormented OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How do you act when you have a crush on someone?

I would say I've gotten progressively worse at acting normal when it comes to that. Now with this latest girl I still have hard acting normal, but I at least am toning it down a bit. I don't give overly personal compliments and of course don't ask stupid questions like "What do you think about me?" I also will not even have it on her mind to ask her out until she feels a strong enough connection with me. We haven't even talked for that long yet, and while she thinks I'm nice, I can't be entirely sure what her conception of me is.

Damn it, should have made it a multiple choice-poll.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 09-05-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Banned
    Blog Entries

just be yourself and don't be afraid to go all in and act like homer in that episode the way we were.
    Last edited by dman360; 09-05-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Blog Entries

Aside from an increased interest in being around said person in a general fashion I don't really let on too much, though I might be a little less blunt with someone I like about certain things so as too avoid seeming like an ass.
    How to remaster

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

I pay more attention to them than I would otherwise. I also try to be more accommodating and pleasant, because I want them to ENJOY being around me. I have never actually expected crushes to work out though, so it's more that I make whatever time we spend together worth it every time even if we don't like each other the same way. I never really pushed the "hey, I LIKE you" aspect.

Like, if I can, I try to give them things they want/like based off of minor things they say. Example from my last crush: she liked these particular snacks at the snack shop, but the day she wanted them, she didn't have enough money. I bought them for her and it made her happy so she shared with me. A small moment, but it was nice to have. Another time, she was -- for whatever damn reason -- bummed that none of her friends were hugging her because she liked hugging. So I sat on that thought, and at the end of the day when we said goodbye, I told her "oh wait, I've got something for you" and gave her a hug. Her reaction was the cutest, got really excited like ahhhh my hug!! Obviously, it didn't work out like that between us, but I gained a friend for life which is just as worth it. We had a lot of little adventures after that, like risking our 1 hr break to travel to a far away mall for frozen yogurt bowls.

Harder to do that with guys, though, especially when they tend to spend time in their own circle of friends. Harder for me to connect with them in that particular way. Majority of my friends WERE guys but majority of my crushes were girls.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Hugh Jazz, kes

Blog Entries

In the past, I would tell them right off the bat that I liked them. That never worked too well. Now I just try to use my best social skills and have nice conversations with them, but I have no idea how long I can go before telling them I like them. I often never ended up telling the girls I liked them. So I guess it's the opposite problem from the one I used to have.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

aloof

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: LukeMM95

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hutz View Post
    aloof
    Aren't you also aloof with males, transexuals, animals and Canadians?

um

Blog Entries

God, I feel so trapped now. I understand of course that she can't talk with me all the time (not going to say her name), but I feel SO down when she doesn't. Today she said like two sentences, neither of them even "good night" or anything. I just really hope I'll be able to sleep, because this overwhelms me.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 02-10-2018 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Jesus, I'm a fucking wimp! "Oh no, she didn't say goodnight!" Seriously, what the hell

Don't know what to tell you other than you need to let it not consume you because well...it's a crush. Not saying it invalidates anything because it isn't serious, but based on your opening post, it certainly shouldn't be so serious at this point that you need to lose sleep over it and over-analyze the things she says to you (because that never ends well). Just enjoy the times you DO speak to her and that you actually can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    Don't know what to tell you other than you need to let it not consume you because well...it's a crush. Not saying it invalidates anything because it isn't serious, but based on your opening post, it certainly shouldn't be so serious at this point that you need to lose sleep over it and over-analyze the things she says to you (because that never ends well). Just enjoy the times you DO speak to her and that you actually can.
    You're probably right. It's just that I have developed a bigger insecurity from a couple of failures and now I barely know the meaning of just relaxing and not worrying. It almost feels like every time I write to her, I wonder, no matter what it is, if I fucked up on a part and spooked her away a bit.
    For example, I yesterday (or well, two days ago in Sweden) randomly sat down with her and some friends of her. I barely said a fucking... word. In the end they asked me what in the hell I was doing there (not literally in a rude way, but still) and I just carefully said "I know her a little" (referring to this girl). Fucking shit, I didn't even say her name, that's how weary I was. And when she said "You do?" and chuckled a little, I almost felt empty inside.

Huh well, that's all very awkward. Maybe should've engaged in conversation, or not have sat down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    Huh well, that's all very awkward. Maybe should've engaged in conversation, or not have sat down.
    I didn't know what to say, since I had no real clue how to respond to the subject matter they were talking about. I felt embarrassed, though luckily it didn't seem to affect too much afterwards.

Blog Entries

Obviously I avoid them as much as possible

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

The only crushes I ever had were, in hindsight, people I should not have wasted my time liking anyway. With my ex, I just spent time talking to him and sharing things about myself in the hopes that he would start to like me back. It worked, but not long term. But after that relationship, I would be content to be finished with dating indefinitely, since it's highly unlikely that anyone willing to meet my terms will come along.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Blog Entries

I'm such a nice, non-threatening guy, and it's always been a lot easier for me to make friends with girls rather than boys, but I don't see any girls willing to take that next step with me. They all want the athletic, abusive boys instead.

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Fuck that, I'd just penetrate them in the vagina. :3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
    Fuck that, I'd just penetrate them in the vagina. :3

Blog Entries

Zombies, everybody!
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

For my latest crush, I'm just gonna try to be myself. Also, I got a wing-girl to help me. Yes, I said wing-girl, not wing-man. Don't ask...
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

I've been in a relationship for over three years now, so I'm starting to forget how I would act around girls I wanted to get to like me, but honestly, although sometimes I'd be a little nervous or awkward around them, I also tended to be a bit more jokey/quirky with them, and they seemed to like that and it made me relax at least

So yes, for the most part I would just "be myself", but I also ramped the quirky side of me .
    Get woke, go broke

I may act a little nervous, but I can talk to them and get less nervous as the conversation goes on. I never told my first crush back from 1st grade that I liked her. I want to tell her on facebook, but I don't know how to start it. It just seems weird to tell her there, but we live a few hours from each other so I can't say it in front of her.

Blog Entries

She hasn't spoken to me in two days now. I'm scared.

Blog Entries

I've never actually had a real crush before so I wouldn't know but when I'm around girls I usually try to be cool by acting disinterested and/or quiet. It doesn't work
    Season 1: The humble beginnings -- Seasons 2-8: The classic era -- Season 9: The first season where noticeable flaws began to appear -- Season 10: The last decent season -- Season 11: The first BAD season -- Season 12: The last season with episodes worth watching -- Seasons 13-Present: Zombie Simpsons

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

God, I'm such a worrying pansy sometimes. She just had a busy weekend.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    She hasn't spoken to me in two days now. I'm scared.
    Oh man. It's your downfall if you start overthinking everything. I know it's hard, but you gotta take it easy and not torture yourself like this. Just try to build up your relationship with her whenever you got the change to talk to her, but don't be too clingy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Oh man. It's your downfall if you start overthinking everything. I know it's hard, but you gotta take it easy and not torture yourself like this. Just try to build up your relationship with her whenever you got the chance to talk to her, but don't be too clingy.
    That comment is outdated now, she wrote back to me.
    But you are still right.

Blog Entries

I try not to look at them. We'll speak when necessary, and while I'm excited at the thought I try to find someone else to deal with whatever I wanted so that I don't seem desperate.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yule Blog View Post
    I try not to look at them. We'll speak when necessary, and while I'm excited at the thought I try to find someone else to deal with whatever I wanted so that I don't seem desperate.
    Update: I'll feel like I shouldn't contact them EVEN if I have a very reasonable reason.

Thread Information