Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk baseball (fuck the Cardinals)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Who's watching the playoffs? I want a Royals-Cardinals World Series, since my mom lives near Kansas City and my dad lives near St. Louis. My primary residence changed from my dad's to my mom's, but I'm a Cardinal fanatic 'til I die. You can bet I'd be flaunting my Cardinal wear in school.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Personally, I don't really care who wins, considering my favorite team is the Yanks. But...

If I had to pick a match-up, I'd like to see Kansas City v. the Cards.

Banned
    Blog Entries

im hoping for a bills vs liverpool grey cup.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty Burglar View Post
    Personally, I don't really care who wins, considering my favorite team is the Yanks. But...

If I had to pick a match-up, I'd like to see Kansas City v. the Cards.
    I have no problem with the Yankees. Everybody hates them because they have more money and can spend it on high-caliber players, but to me they're just another team.

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

fuck the yankees
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

A's and Giants. All there is to it

I've been going to A's games since I was a toddler. I'm not a huge baseball fan or anything, but I like going to A's and Giants games...and A's vs. Giants, well, that's just too exciting
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Opening day tomorrow! M's actually look good this year. But who can ever tell with them.

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

MLB Network is love. MLB Network is life.

Blog Entries

It was already opening day. Everyone else lags behind the Cardinals!

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really wish baseball was broadcast in Australia.

I support the Angels but I have to watch all their games on catch up
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

the blue jays are doing pretty good so far. kevin pillar has been insane on defense. this catch he made last week was unbelievable:

since the nhl playoffs started i've pretty much just been watching the condensed games at like 4am. huge 13 to 6 win tonight against the orioles, but the best part was when it got a little crazy.

bautista was getting thrown at earlier in baltimore. now here at home they threw behind him again. few pitches later he cranks one out of the park, flips the bat and none of the orioles liked that. lots of yelling back and forth as he rounded the bases. and during the commercial break there was quite a bit of jawing between adam jones and bautista. nice to see some hate between the two teams.

I saw a sportscaster on tv before game 2 or 3 showing off some commemorative blue jays cans (coke maybe?) have you got your next 20 year fridge dwellers yet?

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zach

haha, not yet. just been getting newspapers so far.

Game five tomorrow! It's going to be a good one for sure!
    But by God, I miss hearing Buck Martinez calling the games. You feel me, fellow Canadians?

Astros bullpen blew ANOTHER game. It's just frustrating watching a crumble like that. I've had a couple bad days with my fav teams just collapsing (Seahawks and Astros). It's great that The Astros even made the playoffs because no one was expecting it until the next couple years, but now that they're here it's frustrating to watch them blow it.

Quote Originally Posted by iambobdole1 View Post
    But by God, I miss hearing Buck Martinez calling the games. You feel me, fellow Canadians?
    yeah buck and pat are kings. i've mostly been turning the sound off of the tv broadcasts and just listening to jerry and joe on the fan590.

Not a Jays fan at all but it would be heartbreaking to see them blow it at home.

Also couldn't stop laughing when Larry King left game one of the Dodgers/Mets series before it was over.

Blog Entries

i like the dodgers and should be rooting for them, but i kinda want to see the cubbies win it all. so im jumping on the bandwagon temporarily and rooting for the cubs.

Blog Entries

until they lose at which point i'll go back to rooting for the dodgers

That is all, big balls shown by this team coming back from 0-2 down and one of the craziest innings of recent memory. Add this one to the Carter and Alomar home runs.
    I'm just like Bart!
    I'm Bart, who are you? by The No Homers Club

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz123 View Post
    I'm like the dexter of masturbation.

Blog Entries

I don't really follow baseball (very casual Reds/Nationals fan) but I am rooting for the Cubs because of the Back to the Future thing. The story is too good to resist.

(Also, c'mon. They are so due by now.)

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Steve

Blog Entries

still REELING at resident SOCCER thread fool moose condeming this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jimsaw View Post
    I don't really follow baseball (very casual Reds/Nationals fan) but I am rooting for the Cubs because of the Back to the Future thing. The story is too good to resist.

(Also, c'mon. They are so due by now.)
    This. C'mon Cubbies!

The only slightly disappointing part is that the World Series won't actually have happened by October 21st. Also they won't be playing against a "Miami" team -- which is actually impossible since the Miami Marlins are in the same division as the Cubs, but oh well. It would be so fucking awesome if they win regardless. The fact that the Cubs haven't won a WS since 1908 has always been a favorite sports statistic of mine for years. I'll be happy if that fact finally changes.

Blog Entries

haha yea even bob gale was commenting on it going, "holy crap, this is nuts... that was just a joke"

wouldn't it be great if a conspiracy unraveled in later years to show that the MLB just said, "fuck it" and rigged the season to have the cubs win after universal paid them a crapload of money. "well I guess this'll help get people's minds off the steroid scandals"

also @Stevil Dead the second I saw you posted in a sports thread I instantly knew what this was about
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Steve

Get out of this thread you nerds

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: hutz

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ryonian death worm View Post
    also @Stevil Dead the second I saw you posted in a sports thread I instantly knew what this was about
    Haha, I half-expected him to stop by when I mentioned it. Back to the Future is basically the Bat Signal for Steve!

I don't really care that strongly about the Cubs winning, I just generally like seeing the sadsack sports franchises (and their fans) getting a championship. But the level of coincidence involved with the movie thing is fun to root for too.

Yeah, I care about 0.001% about sports in general, but this is really cool and I'd love for them to win purely because of the BTTF tie-in. Plus it is fun to root for such an underdog. 107 years HAS to be the longest championship drought in all of pro sports, right? Can't imagine any other team comes anywhere close.

Thread Information