Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Can you review Lisa The Drama Queen now?
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creep View Post
    Can you review Lisa The Drama Queen now?
    Sure, but not now, I felt exhausted reviewing The Man Who Came To Be Dinner earlier. There was so much to note down it's insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

When will you review the episode?

Blog Entries

Lisa The Drama Queen 7/10

+ Last episode with the traditional opening!
    + Comic Book Guy selling a couch gag set was amusing.
    + Also the last episode with SD-animation. Nowhere near as good as season 1-10's animation, but at least not as awful as the current look.
    + "When you're older, you'll miss these fun activities." Oh Homer, you sneaky lying son of a bitch!
    - They couldn't bring George Takei to play the kung fu teacher? Not a big deal, just a shame.
    + The kids learn kung fu before Comic Book Guy even learns them.
    + "Just paint the damn fruit." I like how Lisa wasn't able to get the "right" tan of orange.
    + Juliet's drawing looks... uuuuhm... nice?
    + "I suppose you'd like to teach this class!" "Yes, I would." I always like the jokes where somebody's sarcasm doesn't work on Lisa.
    + That cruel teacher was pretty funny. I wish they had brought her back for more episodes, because she sure as hell at least is better than Shauna.
    - Let's bring iPods to the table again! But at least it isn't so over-exploitative this time. I don't like how they don't follow continuity though, since a few episodes before showed Lisa getting a lot of bills when using her iPod.
    - Ugh, that singing. Yeardley Smith can get the tone right sometimes, but not here.
    + I hear ya, Willie. I don't want to listen to it either.
    + "Weeeelcome!" That voice sure didn't sound normal.
    - For some reason I don't think the music to the montage fits.
    +/- "We could have been murderers." "Could have been. If we didn't have kids." I don't know if this is darkly comic or just very out-of-place. Why would Homer want to be a murderer?
    + Homer points at Marge with a corn cob!
    ++ Marge's little "Woohoo" was cute.
    + "You heard me say that, didn't you?" "I did." "We're still cool, right?" "We are." "My best friend is so cool." That was cute too.

Before I go over to the next act, I just have to comment a little. I had forgotten the first act to this episode wasn't that bad. The flaws are very minor and it has some small funny moments as well. It must have been just the later half that annoyed me.

+ Marge repeats her advice, only to have Homer say it too.
    + "Okay honey, if you are cool with it, you said it too."
    + Sight gag: YO! GURT
    + I usually don't like the wimpy Nelson in the newer episode, but since this wasn't a blunt "Nelson's mom is a whore" joke or him not being able to bully someone, this was good.
    + "If you'd like to show me to bathroom, I could pretend to wash my hands."
    ++ Juliet's dad listening to James Horner is the best joke so far. I have no idea why I find it so funny.
    + Homer uses her dad as a doctor.
    + A girafftopus? Well, it's original, for sure!
    + The twonicorn pukes out a rainbow. "I didn't know I could do that." is what got me.
    -- You know how I said before the iPod didn't get too much exposure? Never mind.
    +/- Poor Marge!
    - Skinner stalks his students' Facebook pages? Creepy...
    + Homer refuses to understand Principal Skinner is talking about Lisa.
    - This is where the episode starts going downhill, I think. Sure Lisa is becoming a little crazy, but she can't just deny her the right to see her only friend.
    + "Bart Simpson, age 10." How the hell did he get in that tree, though?
    +++ The origin to Groundskeeper Willie's name is one of the best origin stories ever.
    + The animation when Lisa and Juliet is cycling over a bridge looks pretty nice.
    + Lenny delivers it again. As always.
    + Okay, now Marge being worried about her spending time with Lisa seems justified this time. I thought she didn't have a good enough reason at first.
    + Homer wonders if he has to wear a tie just to go to Lisa and Juliet's secret place.
    + Finally the bullies are being freakin' bullies.
    - Oh great, Kearney goes soft...
    + I found it amusing how he turned into a dragon in his world though...
    + ... and the twist where Kearney's ass is being kicked himself when he thought he was the one kicking ass.
    -/+ "Cuckoo." I find it surprising how Lisa isn't more sad, but at the same time, it makes sense that she basically just looks at Juliet as a nuthead now.
    + Homer unsuccessfully tries to write his own fantasy novel.
    + Cool outro song.

Was I watching the same episode? This wasn't so bad at all! The cringeworthy moments were very few, not to mention it seems like I had forgotten about all the humor. Juliet is not so bad of a character and it's kind of charming how they build up their own fantasy world together. Hell, I don't think any of the acts were even that weak! I was irritated at Marge first, but her being so worried was rightly justified and the actual friendship didn't seem so unlikely and was barely even bothered with them becoming best friends so quickly. I have misjudged this episode a whole lot and while it isn't really a great episode, it's one of the better from season 20 and the low IMDB rating it has seems a bit mystified. I think my instant hatred for it at first just had to do with me not being so fond of the fantasy genre.
    From shit to decent is a pretty damn big step, isn't it?
    @D'ohADeerAFemaleDeer, I can see now why you like this episode.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-22-2016 at 04:35 AM.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

can your next review be Pranks & Greens? I'd give that episode a 3/10, only because it followed a plot and Ralph on the slide, which was the only moment that actually made me laugh.

also, if you get the time, can you review a guilty pleasure of mine, ATFTTBWNDA? I love that episode so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

Oh, and maybe Homerazzi too, which is also a guilty pleasure of mine.

Yeah Lisa the Drama Queen is not terrible at all. a nice cap off of the traditional animation before HD came along so I don't see why it's considered sh*tty and unseen oh right I forgot it was the lowest rated episode for a time

kind of makes me miss the simpsons channel website

Blog Entries

Glad you reviewed it!
    On the first post of the thread, you said you would review She Used To Be My Girl because of Marge's poor characterization.
    Will you review it soon?

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

@Snospitmmer SimpEhtson, how about Mobile Homer?

Blog Entries

For a while I'll review more episodes I haven't yet seen, since there's so much to catch up with. My next episode will be the highly controversial Days Of Future Future

Any suggestions are always welcome though. She Used To Be My Girl will be my first review of an old episode when I get back to them.

Blog Entries

Do these:

Boy Meets Curl
    Lost Verizon
    Treehouse of Horror XIV

I'd recommend Lisa Simpson, This Isn't Your Life and The Winter of His Content, both of which I really like.

Blog Entries

Days Of Future Future 1/10

# Neutral about the couch gag.
    + Homer neighs like a horse after Marge says horses only live 30 years. You know, the expression "healthy as a horse".
    -- Wait, he died?!
    + Moe Szyslak: Normal person
    --- And now he is cloned! What the fuck is going on???
    + Okay, I have to admit I smiled at Bart's "That man sure loved potato salad."
    ---/+
    So they cloned Homer multiple times, he died multiple times and now we cut to him dying AGAIN! I'm three freakin' minutes in and this is already one of the stupidest damn episodes of the show! It's also a rehash of "Send In The Clones", only that we now supposedly should believe this is CANON! This is fucking retarded!!! The only reason I gave it one plus is because I was so amusingly shocked at how mindnumbingly dumb it all is. And I can only assume it will get even dumber...
    -/+ Homer is revived as a icon on a computer. It's still retarded, but it made me chuckle.
    + "Let me just say this once: NAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!! I'm good."
    - Oh... They actually kept him as a computer screen icon.
    + Bart's kids chase computer Homer around the house.
    -- What the hell, Lisa and Milhouse are married. She doesn't even like Milhouse, for Christ's sake! And neither does she now!
    --- Marge throws Homer out and even throws Bart out even though he hasn't done anything. (Yes, I know that's the joke, but I fucking hate it)
    + Homer fails to strangle Bart for real.
    - Bart's ex-girlfriend has married an alien. You know, the H. R. Giger type. MOVIE REFERENCE, I SHOULD LAUGH!!! Nah.
    - Jenda tells Bart to take care of himself, then suddenly is unnecessarily rude. Whatever, didn't like her anyway.
    + Bart looks for his dad's advice, but he's lagging.
    - Another lame-ass joke about Nelson's mom. How many of these have they made now? Come on, it was only funny like two times.
    + The zombie thinks Milhouse is racist against zombies, only to still bite him.
    --- Julio appears. Wonderful.
    -- ... and says Bart has a beard stuck to his shoe. Okay... Beards are unusual to step on? That's what the joke is?
    + Bart finally, finally skates again.
    + Sight gag: Give yourself a present, escape from the past. Hehe, I get it.
    --- Bart is having sex in front of his father, who finds it hot. :gfto: This is literally the creepiest thing I've seen on the show ever!
    -- Bart da ladies man. They literally can't stray any further from his characterization.
    ? Am I the only one who didn't get the Miss Hoover joke? Also, I'm probably the only one who doesn't find it disturbing he had sex with her. Anyone has fantasized about having sex with their teacher, haven't they? Plus, it wasn't Miss Krabappel at least, so it's not as odd.
    + It turns out Krusty and his clowns was involved in the sex with Bart. This has to be one of the more explicit episodes they've made.
    --- Lisa suddenly likes Milhouse now when he's a zombie. Hm. All right. Let me just ask her something: Fucking idiot? Hell, she is even turned by him as a zombie!
    + Milhouse is cooking the bullies' brains. I liked how their hairstyle and Jimbo's cap were on the brains.
    # "The Real Housewives Of Venus" feels more like a Futurama joke.
    -- Jenda decides after ONE sentence that she wants to date Bart. That's some lazy writing there. "Wow, you've really grown. We should have dinner some time." It feels like I'm watching fucking Birdemic, only not unintentionally hilarious.
    + Barney finally appears!
    --- Skinner is dating his mother's corpse. Necrophilia and incest at the same time. Way to go, writers.
    + Squeaky-voiced teen is still... squeaky-voiced. Hey wait, he isn't even a teen now!
    -- One lousy date and it's like "Bart, we should totally have sex right now!" Come on!!
    +/- Amusing moment was ruined by overexplaining the Terminator reference.
    + Santa's Little Helper is depressed about his deformed body.
    + I still really like Abraham. He might get boring episodes, but he's still mostly intact himself.
    --- Milhouse being a zombie is so alluring she doesn't care about his health. How the hell can Milhouse love someone like that?
    + The dinosaurs are goin' rollerskating!
    --- Lisa, what in the blue-green-yellow-orange-purple fuck is the matter with you? I still don't understand HOW you think zombie-Milhouse is sexy!!!
    +/- Marge joins Homer in the video game. Romantic? I dunno!
    -- Homer eats up Marge and now she's dead.
    + "I can't tell if that was love, suicide or a really bad video game."
    --- Lisa is disappointed Milhouse is normal again. But WHY THE FUCK DID YOU MARRY HIM THEN, YOU STUPID CUNT?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!
    --- Jenda winds up with Jerry again... for no reason.
    ---/++ The new robot Homer looks like something out of my nightmares. I gave it three minus because: this is just insanely depressing and two plus because: the design of how looks inspiringly scary. He looks scarier than anything out of any Treehouse Of Horror segment, what the fuck?!
    --- One more proof of how sexy Lisa finds a zombified Milhouse.
    -- Oh, how cool, a relevant Mad Men reference. Thank you for this.

Holy fucking shit. I thought this was going to be the only HD season where I at least didn't have a 1/10 episode, but I was proven wrong. This is even more fucked up than What To Expect When Bart's Expecting, since that one at least can somewhat be taken as non-canon. It opens with Homer being cloned a zillion times, which is CANON, Lisa and Milhouse are married, which is CANON, Bart is a fucking sex machine, which is... well, it's not entirely canon, but it's still dumb. But you know what else is canon? Marge having a robot Homer scaring the shit out of me!
    The characterization in this episode was so unimaginably off that even D'ohmer reacted to it. Lisa wouldn't be married to Milhouse or turned on by him as a zombie, Bart wouldn't be the guy who lots of women would have sex with, Marge wouldn't be someone who is attracted to a psychotic-looking Homer robot and Skinner wouldn't go so far that he even dates his mother, as a corpse in fact. Oh, and why the hell did they have to treat us with Bart having passionate sex in front of his FATHER, and why the helling fuck would Homer be TURNED ON by it??!!
    Holy motherfucking shit, it's crazy how horrible this episode was. I want to rip out my eyes and give it to a dog! FUCKING COCKSUCKING FUCK, WHAT THE FUCK WAS I WATCHING?!
    This is not only my new least favorite of the season, but it's even in my bottom 3. In fact, it's not only that, but also even worse than Lisa Goes Gaga, how the hell that now even was possible. At least Lisa Goes Gaga didn't have Lisa being a fucking zombiephile!!!!!
    UUUUUUUUUUUUGH. GODDAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-22-2016 at 04:32 AM.

you know when I think about it Pranksta rap did bomb in the ratings, and it was another one of those "Shut up Lisa" moments

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookGal View Post
    you know when I think about it Pranksta rap did bomb in the ratings, and it was another one of those "Shut up Lisa" moments
    What're you talking about, I reviewed Days Of Future Future?

Quote Originally Posted by Snospitmmer SimpEhtson View Post

What're you talking about, I reviewed Days Of Future Future?
    yeah I know but the thread is about reviewing Sh*tty and unseen episodes and Pranksta Rap bombed in the ratings. Because I remember looking at the old simpsons channel site and there was an article that said "Pranksta Rap BOMBS in ratings"

Thought I do admit for a flashforward episode Days of Future Future was kind of dumb. I mean that Simpsons Generations fic would sound like a way better flash forward than DoFF

When he says "unseen" he means episodes he hasn't seen himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ofhf View Post
    When he says "unseen" he means episodes he hasn't seen himself.
    oh so I guess he must have seen it then

Blog Entries

Are the other episodes in your bottom 3 Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Moe Goes From Rags To Riches?
    You also mention your Bottom 10 episodes a lot. What are they?

Blog Entries

Copy paste your Barts New Friend review here, in case people miss it.

Blog Entries

wouldn't want to miss an exciting OSS simps review

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I guarantee the sole reason you came into this thread was because you saw an opportunity to be an asshole. He's actually pretty good at reviewing, and he sticks with it, unlike somebody else *coughseason9cough*.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU MARRY HIM THEN, YOU STUPID CUNT?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

yep gr8 reviews

Blog Entries

why do people actually like these long-ass +/- reviews. theyre so bloated and unless you know the episode by heart you wont know the context of half the things theyre talking about. if i read the last paragraph i learn all i need to know so why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    I guarantee the sole reason you came into this thread was because you saw an opportunity to be an asshole. He's actually pretty good at reviewing, and he sticks with it.
    we are looking at the same thread, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamtasm View Post

Blog Entries

I try my best to write detailed plot summaries as I go along with those (which is probably why mine are so long), but they are a pain to read unless you have the episode playing beside it or you know the episode really well. I've always put more effort into that last paragraph over the bulk of the review because I know the majority of people skip over the detailed stuff anyway.

And yeah, OSS's reviews are tough to read because most of it is just him yelling and swearing at things he dislikes.

Blog Entries

that's mainly why i stopped viewing the review threads because they're sort of a pain to read and to write (for me anyway) and i did try to revive the SUGGEST GOOD HD ERA EPS thread with a new one but nobody commented on it so RIP that

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I know the majority of people skip over the detailed stuff anyway.
    What makes you so sure of that? I never do that.

Blog Entries

One person doesn't count as the majority. Few people ever comment on the detailed part of my reviews (as opposed to the blurbs I write afterward).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    And yeah, OSS's reviews are tough to read because most of it is just him yelling and swearing at things he dislikes.
    Well, Bart's New Friend is one of my calmer reviews, but in general, if I really don't like something, I really want to express how much I don't like it.

Thread Information