Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

lisa goes gaga ain't even the worst episode of its portion of season 23

Blog Entries

I'm glad you accepted my request. Sorry for making you suffer, but i did it becuase i like your reviews. I even made my own bad episode thread! That is why.
    and with that...

Can you review your least favorite episode of all time?
    thanks.
    P.S afterwards, you can review your favorite as a present.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Can you review your least favorite episode of all time?
    Which is?
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

i kind of doubt he knows what ur least fav ep is

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulSpookerSnospisEht View Post

Which is?
    I want you to tell me.

Blog Entries

I want you to tell me.
    Treehouse Of Horror XXII?

Blog Entries

why the question mark

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GhoulSpookerSnospisEht View Post

Treehouse Of Horror XXII?
    can you review it?

Blog Entries

can you review it?
    That's another episode so lousy it's fascinating.
    No problem!

Blog Entries

@GhoulSpookerSnospisEht what is ur least fav ep of the simpsons!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    @GhoulSpookerSnospisEht what is ur least fav ep of the simpsons!!!
    Moe Goes From Rags To Riches.

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There are loads of eps worse than that one. Heck, I gave it a 3/5!

Blog Entries

@HANDSOME.S4.COMPLETE.XviD SInce you neither think Lisa Goes Gaga or Moe Goes From Rags To Riches is the worst, I want to hear what your own least favorite is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Fudge View Post
    There are loads of eps worse than that one. Heck, I gave it a 3/5!
    Well, you are fucking nuts!

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Moe Goes from Rags to Riches is really just boring once you get past the idea that a bar rag can talk (which isn't even the craziest thing the show has done...see: jockey elves). The subplot might as well just be a title card saying "filler," and the main plot is just a vanilla retelling of historical events using Simpsons characters. I think a lot of people take this non-canon episode too seriously; come on, Moe's father being a yeti is supposed to be a joke (a bad one, but it's not a canon change).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    Moe Goes from Rags to Riches is really just boring once you get past the idea that a bar rag can talk (which isn't even the craziest thing the show has done...see: jockey elves)
    Sorry, I still think a talking rag is more fucked up.

Blog Entries

It doesn't even affect the plot of episode though. It's as if an off-screen narrator was connecting the scenes. The dulcet tones of Jeremy Irons certainly don't hurt either.

Whatever. I respect your opinion, even if I personally think Moe Goes from Rags to Riches isn't even close to the worst episode out there.

Blog Entries

Jeremy Irons did a great job but the episode itself is fucking laughless and features by far the most fucking pointless and useless b plot ever.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    It doesn't even affect the plot of episode though. It's as if an off-screen narrator was connecting the scenes. The dulcet tones of Jeremy Irons certainly don't hurt either.
    But it doesn't even have a plot! It's just a goddamn rag babbling on about how it wound up at different places! Who cares about a fucking rag? I don't even care about it even if it's voiced by Jeremy Irons! The scenes have almost zero connection aside from a fucking rag in them. I don't mind interesting historical settings, but they are there for almost no fucking reason!
    Sure, I've defended an episode like Kill The Alligator And Run, which is a really messed up episode, but at least it has some actual jokes I laughed at. The only stuff I remember laughing at in this shit was Homer's opening line, Comic Book Guy's Mount Everest joke and the rag repeating "I'm in hell..." when in the laundry machine. Even so, only the first of those jokes is ever worth quoting or citing. The characterization of Moe is horrible too for that matter. I take him being depressed, I can take him being suicidal, but I can't take him being so alone all he has is a fucking bar rag! What the fuck is up with that?!
    No episode can ever get more embarrassing about Moe Goes From Rags To Riches.
    It wasn't meant at you pkkao, I just explained further why I hate the episode so much.

Blog Entries

An episode with multiple stories, eh? Let's hope this one doesn't fuck up. (I doubt it won't though)

Four Regrettings And A Funeral 5/10

- The female version of Moe was unsettling.
    # Elf hotel - No dwarfs or Irish. Racist.
    -- Well, now the incredibly pointless Hobbit parody is over.
    + Title gag on Church banderole: Chip Davis - Springfields most beloved character you never saw
    + Apparently Moleman has written a biography called "The Magnificent Bastard"!
    + Bart sets off a prank which ruins someone's legs who took 40 years to heal. Poor guy!
    --- Oh, what a creative revelation: KIZZ music made Bart bad. How... chocking! How... disturbing! No.
    + Kent Brockman reports about a peach parade.
    ? How can Homer read Kent's thoughts?
    + Homer tries desperately not to think about any regrets.
    + A bowling ball has the text "Spare No One". Get it? SPARE no one! A-haha... haha... Cheap joke, but it works.
    --- So now the tablets even are in church? Fuck!
    + Agnes says she has no regrets, but is them reminded she has her son Seymour. Cold.
    + Ned tries to put the money in the collection basket, without success.
    -/+ Another Al Jean-like pun where Homer mistakes lumbar for lumber. Heh. Not sure if I should mildly cringe or force out a smile.
    + Mr. Burns think of Old Jewish Man as "reckless youth".
    + Mr. Burns first fails to find the ring to propose to his love.
    -- Man, why is marriage such a obsession in USA?
    -- That was a very lousy reason for Burns's love to be scared away. Not that the reason itself actually is that bad, but that it was so unoriginal.
    + Mr. Burns has made some shitty drawings.
    ++ I really loved how Stalin was the only one who he drew detailed.
    + I like the depressing bumber stickers on Kent's car.
    + "I'll get right back at you... after this break." The fact that this happened twice made it even funnier. Not too prolonged.
    + Brockman has a pretty rockin' style as young!
    + The only thing I enjoyed with his flashback was the backstory of the tire fire. "Eh, it'll burn out in one hour."
    + "He's gonna visit my sky granny!" That's, uuuhm... dark.
    +/- Montage follows with Homer and the bowling ball. Hit-and-miss jokes.
    + Bart soon regrets his balloon ride.
    ? Not sure what Burns would use his engine for?
    + Ned doesn't approve of Bart's prayer.
    -- Mr. Burns enters back into the bedroom where his love Lyla is. She's dead. Well, that was a fucking waste. And to believe we'll get another story of Burns falling in love this season. What a load of pish-posh!
    --- Mr. Burns decides to keep running the soup kitchen even though he only needed to be good for five minutes. It's certainly unbearable seeing him being so out-of-character.
    + The hobo saying "I ain't eating that." after Burns put his mouth into the soup was amusing.
    + Mr. Wiggum's retarded snipers can't hit the target.
    +/-- Well, about time somebody told Marge she's a fucking idiot. How the fuck did she think Bart turned out who he is by listening to KIZZ music? Well, my mom played Slipknot when I was 4 years old or so, and nothing fucking happened. Fucking moron!
    + Professor Frink presents his plan: firing a gigantic canon ball to shoot at the balloons and make sure Bart comes down to the ground.
    - Why do they have to continue the unfunny running gag with the Apple stocks? Seriously.
    ++ "This is the last time we will kiss up to Apple. We are not even getting paid for this. Well, if that's true, I'm glad you decided to stop this stupid-
    --- Oh wait, I just realized they are still doing the Apple "jokes". Screw you, guys.
    + People bluntly ignore Lisa's price.
    + The retarded snipers won't quit being retarded.
    + "In loving memory of Edna Krabappel"

This was a extremely forgettable episode. None of the so called regrets people had was interesting none of them got a good resolution at all. The worst must have been Marge thinking Bart was raised a hellion by KIZZ music. It was a stupid idea from the very start and all we got at the end was a "Huh, guess I was wrong" type of thing. Well, no shit!
    Kent Brockman's regret was.... We didn't even get a good enough reason why Brockman wanted to stay at Channel 6. The satire of FOX News was also very weak.
    Homer's regret was... Well, what a shitty regret.
    But the one really, really awful thing was Mr. Burns being so out-of-character. It was uncomfortable seeing him be so overly good-willed, worse than his characterization in "A Hunka Hunka Burns In Love", to be honest. (At least that episode was really goddamn funny)
    Nothing much more to add, this was a yawner.
    Hey, you know what regret I have. Watching this episode

Why is people caring about marriage a ---?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMacBeth View Post
    Why is people caring about marriage a ---?
    It was just a jokey comment about how the "Will you marry me?" cliché is used is American shows and movies constantly. In Swedish television/movies, you don't see much of it at all.

It's a thing that's a big deal for some people, as well it should be if you're going to do it. But if you were joking, then okay.

Blog Entries

@pkkao-input, please.

Blog Entries

Does season 23 continue its stride with shitty drivel? It probably does.

The D'oh-cial Network 2.4/10

+ This time the long couch gag was actually kind of funny.
    + Maggie tries to defend herself by saying she does indeed talk, but withdraws.
    + Blue-Haired Lawyer asks everyone to picture Lisa's story in their head as she narrates.
    # It turns out the McBain movie Homer is watching actually is from another car in front of him. But how can he hear the sound?
    - Marge says "Homie" with a incredibly odd voice.
    + The family fools another guy passing by that they are leaving.
    +/- Even though Lenny's appearance is funny, they draw it out for ten seconds too long.
    ? What was that "In Memorian" joke all about?
    - You know, I'm tired of all these constant jokes about Homer being a eating machine. Sure they were almost always there, but the Jean era uses them excessively.
    + Bart polishes himself and... I don't know what it was, but it was amusing.
    + Blue-Haired Lawyer questions Lisa telling exactly everything that happened.
    -- Lisa said she cleaned up the swears, but "damn" was used twice earlier.
    ? Did one of the twins sound like Lisa?? Weird!
    + Marge finally drags Homer out of "Cinnabun".
    --- Oh great, more of Apple...
    + I at least likes Homer's fascination with the tablet being so thin.
    + HA. Liked that dig at Sofia Coppola movies.
    + Homer downloads all of Shakespeare's works only to throw them in the trash bin.
    -- Oh, here we go, a Facebook related plot... (I'm not going to say SpringFace, so FUCK YOU!)
    ? What does "canandro" even mean?
    + Martin is beat up before he can tell Jimbo off.
    + Blue-Haired Lawyer teases Lisa again.
    --- I WON'T... call it... SpringFace. WON'T.
    -- Nelson accidentally reveals the formula for getting friends on FACEBOOK.
    - The Angry Birds reference was cringeworthy.
    ++ Blue-Haired Lawyer calls Lisa's plan "diabolical".
    --- Another freaking Shauna appearance. She doesn't technically appear in person, but I just hate the character.
    -- The Ralph line about how all his friends have birthdays was just unfunny.
    -- Why the hell does someone respectable as Seymour Skinner care about Bart unfriending him on a network?
    -- And of course, Skinner and Chalmers are best friends.
    -- Abraham calling Homer "a alcoholic hippo" was funny at first, but... What the hell? Why did they ruin the joke so much?!
    --- The "Bumblebee Man liking posts" joke was terrible.
    -- Nice "subtle" satire on Facebook, guys. How "smart".
    ? Who is Chieves?
    ? "Ash rapped"? Is it intentional that it almost sounds like "ass raped"?
    + Hans Moleman!!
    + As much as I hate the Apple jokes, AppleCare was pretty amusing. (I don't say Mapple either!)
    --- Very, very, very subtle and sharp satire of how Facebook ruins people's lives.
    + "Mr. Burns received a payment of 35 million dollars even though he didn't do anything."
    --- Very stupid extra bit with the olympics.
    + That short film tribute to Tim Burton(?) was nice, I suppose.
    + Skinner tries to learn the kids the lesson that pranks don't pay, only to have a prank pulled at himself.

The first act was entirely pointless, but forgivably forgettable. After that though, the episode took a turn for the awful. There is a way to satirize Facebook correctly and this show just didn't make it. South Park's "You Have 0 Friends"? Brilliant. This. "Not so much" is a understatement. It was terrible. The digs were way too formulaic and 80 percent or so of the jokes in this episode failed. Just a... disaster. The ending was also so such sentimental bullshit it's shocking. There was a similar bit in "Itchy & Scratchy & Marge", but it made more sense, since people never even wanted to watch Itchy & Scratchy after it was changed too much. After Facebook is deleted, everyone is best fucking friends for whatever reason. Stupid.
    On the other hand, the blue-haired lawyer was hilarious and really saved the episode from being a 99% clusterfuck, so I can't place it in the bottom 10. Still a shitty episode.

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

The guy who walked out of court in shame was Jeeves from the failed search engine Ask Jeeves, which was also referenced in Mobile Homer and Home Away From Homer.

Blog Entries

@D'ohmer This is your least favorite episode of season 23, isn't it? What do you think about it?

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

Blog Entries

Yeah it's really bad. I liked the first act, but it quickly goes downhill after that. Excluding clip shows, I don't think I've seen a lazier episode.

Blog Entries

I agree that Four Regrettings and a Funeral is really forgettable. The idea of several intertwined stories isn't bad, but the plots are barely connected until the end, when they lazily converge.

I thought Burns giving it another 5 minutes for his girlfriend was a nice moment, even if it didn't reach its full potential due to how underdeveloped that plot was.

Thread Information