Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

I hate this episode, all of it is just awful for me. The Apu plot is quite obviously tacked on and it comes off pretty badly. Unlike others, I don't find the story with Bart's spray painting interesting or funny either. One of the worst of Season 23 for me.
    "Trying is the first step to failure" - Homer Simpson
    Simpsons: Best Episode/Worst Episode Per Season
    1:Life On The Fast Lane/The Telltale Head2:One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Homer VS. Lisa and The 18th Commandment 3:Homer At The Bat/The Otto Show 4:Marge VS. The Monorail/Selma's Choice 5: Cape Feare/Homer and Apu 6:Who Shot Mr.Burns (Part 1)/Bart's Girlfriend 7:Homer The Smithers/ The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular 8: Homer VS. The EIghteenth Amendment/Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9: The Cartridge Family/All Singing, All Dancing 10:The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace/Homer Simpson in "Kidney Trouble" 11:Missionary: Impossible/It's A Mad Mad Mad Marge 12: Hungry, Hungry Homer/The Great Money Caper 13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/Brawl In The Family 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Break My Wife, Please 15: Simple Simpson/Bart Mangled Banner 16: Thank God It's Doomsday/On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister 17: Girls Just Wanna Have Sums/Marge and Homer Turn A Couple Play 18: Marge Gamer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Dial 'N' for Nerder/Papa Don't Leech 20: Eeny Teeny Maya Moe/The Burns and The Bees 21: The Bob Next Door/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer The Father/Elementary School Musical 23: How I Wet Your Mother/Treehouse of Horror XXII 24: The Saga of Carl/Moonshine River 25:Brick Like Me/The Kid is Alright

Blog Entries

There's not much to say about this episode, I remember getting really bored when I last watched it.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    Well, it kinda sucks if I sat through this shit-episode for nothing. @pkkao?
    I haven't seen it yet. Will get back to you when I do eventually.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is the episode I for some reason thought was in season 6 when I was little. Will it be a delightful trip to nostalgia or will I re-evaluate my opinion and think this episode sucks now? We'll see...

Kiss Kiss, Bang Banglalore 2/10

# Standard couch gag.
    + Lenny doesn't sit near the movie screen because it hurts the eyes. There's more than eyes he's hurting instead.
    + Amusing satire in the informational film the workers are shown.
    + The thermostat they have at home is fake.
    - Slightly ruled by overextending the gag with Homer bringing in someone made of cardboard.
    + Is this the first mention of the show "MacGyver" in forever?
    + It's such a delightful irony that the star of Patty and Selma's favorite show himself hates it.
    - Sorry, I've never seen "Stargate SG-1", so I don't get the jokes.
    + "Even more important news: there's a GIRL in the audience!"
    ++ "It's a kilt! And I am not a girl!" "You are as close as we ever will get!" Geez, talk about desperate nerds.
    - Patty and Selma's intervention with MacGyver is a bit too over-the-top.
    ? So what does "cereal" mean as a economic term?
    - So an animal took Homer's iPhone. I assume this is one of the earliest of very many iPhone-gags.
    + Homer, uuuhm... seduces the cow...
    - He could have said "baby" less times.
    ? "I can't face jail!" "I can." What? Is this a... really subtle lesbian joke or something?
    + A very MacGyver-like escape is shown.
    - So Richard Dead allows himself to be tied up again just because it was exciting? How stupid can you possibly get??
    -- Now the sub-plot is already over and not even half of the episode has passed. That means this was a total fucking waste of time!
    # So we get Mr. Burns rising up from a basket like a snake. Okay...?
    ? "What do you call a moister on your hin?" I don't get it.
    + "Did I say 'uuuhm'?" Yes, Homer. Yes, you did.
    - A new bully which has started following Bart? How is this different from other bullies? Oh wait, we don't even get to see his face and this is just for a five second-gag. I really hate when the Jean-era does this.
    --- Why does the guy Homer have met look and sound like Apu?
    -- So the sub-plot isn't over after all? Okay, forget what I said earlier, I wish it had just ended there, because it's painfully fucking obvious where this is going.
    + "One bacon leaves room for more pancake." Mr. Burns' and Smithers' confused reaction is what makes this joke work.
    + "This man here is a GOD!" Whoa, take it easy now, Mr. Burns.
    + Homer now sees himself as a God just because he won a free soda.
    + Mr. Burns doesn't get he's lying in the water with corpses.
    - Re-used joke from "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming" where there are two rooms with tigers.
    + But there is a nice twist on it in that one of the tigers is named Homer Simpson.
    # Jesus, finally the sub-plot is over!
    + "'He told you so' has a brother. It's called 'Shut the hell up!'"
    ? So a music orchestra boards the boat they were just on? Is this what they call a joke?
    ++ "Treating employees like human beings is MADNESS!" This is a great classic Burns-ism!
    --- We get to see Homer as a God for two minutes and then it's just... over?
    + A place where workers are more desperate according to Burns is... Springfield.
    + Good to see Smithers rock it.

Goddamn it, I really regret re-watching this episode! Bad satire, really awful pacing and a sub-plot which pretty much destroys the recurring theme of Patty and Selma's fascination with MacGyver. Not to mention the pacing was absolutely godawful. The sub-plot and main plot both pretty much went nowhere and because of that we got a very lazy resolutin. But let's face it though, the plot was paper-thin from the very start.
    It also has the very bland season 17-feeling, that even the good jokes barely stick out at all and that it's crammed with a bunch of jokes that are so poor it almost feels like anti-humor. Skip this shit if you really have to buy the upcoming DVD. I thought "See Homer Run" was the most boring episode of the season at first, but nope, they managed to make it even worse. I couldn't even think of much to write about, since this episode was so understuffed with content. If it wasn't for Mr. Burns, this episode could almost have gotten the lowest rating.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 03-06-2016 at 12:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

Is anybody reading these at all anymore??
    Damn you for stealing audience, @pkkao

Blog Entries

Stealing audience? I'm not in this to "win readership" or anything. Sometimes people just don't have much to say about a review. If you look in my review thread, lots of reviews don't garner any discussion.

Yeah, Kiss Kiss Bang Bangalore is a bad season 17 offering. I don't know if I'd rate it that low, but it's definitely not great.

Banned
    Blog Entries

kiss kiss bang bang ?

? "What do you call a moister on your hin?" I don't get it.
    This is a real groaner of a joke. "Hindu" sounds like "Hin Dew". Hin Dew is the moisture you get on your Hin.

I think the 'joke' is in the style of Jimmy Carson's Carnac the Magnificent character.

Your review was good. The episode sucked. The best bits were in the first part of act one.

Blog Entries

"The Simpsons are going to the gutter!" thread is going to the gutter!

Blog Entries

The Blue And The Grey 6/10

? I don't get the joke of the couch gag.
    ? The Crazy Cat Lady meets The Crazy Dog Man. Uuuhm... okay.
    - Lenny and Carl going out with each other's sisters?? What is with the newer episodes very random insertions of incest jokes?
    + Moe is trying to smile.
    + Moe is found crying when Homer for the thousand time opens the door. "Hey, stop open the door!"
    + "Even you let me down, Hitler." Pretty odd person to look up to...
    + The only person who ever may love Moe hangs herself. That's just dark. REALLY FUCKING DARK.
    + "Just 127 more hours." I know this joke was obvious as hell, but damn, if it wasn't clever.
    - "Homie, you always mean to say the nicest things." "Well, it's not easy when you are talking all the time." What the fuck, Homer?
    -- Okay, why are they overusing Chalmers so much all the time?! He's just a superintendent, he isn't supposed to hang out with Skinner like it's his damn friend.
    + Do we really want to know how far Willie can go?
    + Fun fact: Moe used to be a satanist.
    - Oh goody, another joke about how Moe has no friends. Can this gag please just DIE?
    -- Skinner and Chalmers are even going on the possibilites on sharing the same woman. I think this is a creepy "Dead Ringers"-like dimension to their relationship we really didn't needed. AT ALL.
    ++ The barbershop is named "Hairy Shearers" (Get it?).
    --- Please say Julio is the character who will be killed off in "Clown In The Dumps".
    +++ Hahaha, yes! It's about time they made a meta joke about Bart, Lisa and Maggie's hair.
    + "Can't talk now, I'm talking to myself."
    -- Homer is a real asshole for ditching Marge just because she has grey hair.
    -- Holy crap, they are overextending the best joke of the episode by having Lisa panicking and trying to draw fake hair lines of herself.
    -- Oh, so is the subplot over by Homer being Lenny's wingman instead? And why is Moe walking away with his woman when he already found one? I HATE when they randomly ignore continuity like this.
    + "Just imagine she's a Bond-girl." Judi Dench then appears. Ah yes, a stupid joke that actually works because of its stupidity.
    - Okay, this is sort of disturbing. Bart gets angry because Milhouse doesn't think Bart's mom is hot with grey hair, so he violently abuses him.
    + "Grandma had hair like that when she went to sleep in her forever-box." That's the new word of the day. Thanks, Ralph.
    - I usually like Gil, but this was a very odd joke.
    +++ "It says here you pushed Milhouse 50 million times. That's an excessive number of times." I'm even laughing while writing this.
    --- FUCK! Not only does Dr. Pryor for some reason sound exactly like Dr. Hibbert, but he's extremely out-of-character. I was so happy to see him back, and then they just completely ruined it.
    + "So it's true. Your hair commited bluicide." It's a dumb Al Jean-pun, but it works.
    -/+ Very random joke with Patty and Selma's ciggarette smoke causing a plane to crash.
    -- So two women we'll never see again just suddenly know about him? Bitch please.
    + "Go, granny, go!" Jimbo is going to pay for that when Marge goes wicked mad.
    + Marge inadvertadly turns into a witch.
    + Always love to see Raphael get some screen-time.
    -- That was a very wasted appearance of Mr. Burns.
    + Oh, now I get it. Those two random women knew Homer because he's still a wingman. Relieving to see that wasn't out-of-nowhere at least.
    - "True beauty isn't about hair color." Thanks for explaining the very clearly painted out moral.
    - "For a feminist, everything a woman does is empowering." That's kind of a sexist and out-of-character thing for Lisa to say.
    -- Why the hell did Maggie and Gerald kiss each other? WHY THE HELL DID THEY KISS EACH OTHER?!

I know @pkkao loves this episode, but I think it has a lot of noticable flaws. Some gags go flat, we never get to see how it goes for Moe and not for Lenny either. They also unfortunately included Julio (one of the worst characters on the show) and wasted a long-awaited character's screentime (Dr. Pryor). These faults among others are VERY hard to look by, but at least it had some funny lines and had a nice ending (minus Maggie and Gerald kissing each other). For some reason I can't really give it a low rating, it does have some unexpected charm to it.

Blog Entries

The part with the female Moe hanging herself is horrifically dark. I don't like that scene much. I'm fine if they do some daek humor at times, but that just seemed to be a bit too much.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Quote Originally Posted by the wonders of the computer age View Post
    Every episode in that season should have never seen the light of day.
    What? even Holidays of Future Past?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookGal View Post
    *Passed

It's "cool" to dislike that episode now, since it's a modern episode that got such immense praise when it aired. I gave it a 4/5 after it aired, and I stick by that. It's not great, but it's good.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Elliot76

Blog Entries

That episode is overrated. There are other HD episodes that are way better

seriously? nearly three years after it's airing and it's already over rated?

Blog Entries

seriously? nearly three years after it's airing and it's already overrated?
    I thought it was overrated from the very start. I thought it was a decent episode, but when I saw all the love of it, I was completely shocked. It even had a 8.6-rating on imdb!!
    Season 23 is full of many shitty episodes with very few highlights, which is why it's my least favorite season.

I thought it was overrated from the very start. I thought it was a decent episode, but when I saw all the love of it, I was completely shocked. It even had a 8.6-rating on imdb!!
    Season 23 is full of many shitty episodes with very few highlights, which is why it's my least favorite season.
    And yet HOFP is considered one of those highlights

Blog Entries

Keep in mind I'm not speaking on behalf of everyone

Blog Entries

And yet HOFP is considered one of those highlights
    It still is. Like I said, it's a really shitty season.

how about we get another review

Blog Entries

how about we get another review
    I posted one just today. I only review an episode when I feel the urge, since I always do it reluctantly.
    I will avoid some of the bad-slacked episodes of 25 like the pest for a while longer, I'm not ready for all the mediocrity it may offer just yet.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 09-15-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Blog Entries

I know @pkkao loves this episode, but I think it has a lot of noticable flaws.
    I gave it an 8/10. I agree with you that most of it is solid, although it does have some flaws. If I'm not mistaken, Panther gave this a 5/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    The part with the female Moe hanging herself is horrifically dark. I don't like that scene much. I'm fine if they do some daek humor at times, but that just seemed to be a bit too much.
    I liked it. Like you said, it's horrifically daek, but it doesn't affect the rest of the episode, and I thought it was actually kind of funny.

Blog Entries

ech not really. holidays is a weak ep but it is still among the best of them. that's like trying to find gold in a mine o' shit tho

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

Yeah, like OSS said, it was overrated from the start. It's passable, but why an episode that introduces Bart and Lisa's kids, yet fails to give them any character whatsoever, deserves all the praise it gets is completely beyond me.

Blog Entries

I posted one just today. I only review an episode when I feel the urge, since I always do it reluctantly.
    Nobody's making you do them. You're not in my situation, where another person made a thread expecting me to watch and review Futurama episodes. I've got no way out of that.

Blog Entries

Luca$ 2/10

- The Minecraft-couch gag was just stupid "hip" bullshit, but it's relatively inoffensive compared to other (awful) parodies taking up pretty much half of the episode (I'm looking at you, Dangers On A Train!)
    + Moe tries to trick Homer, Lenny and Carl in a contest.
    + The bar guys keeping thinking Moe says "Sauce" instead of "Source", so the news anchor presents "Sexual Congress?".
    + Amusing brief "The Grinch"-parody.
    - A squirrel splashing water in Homer's face was pretty ridiculous.
    -- "Skate! Skate as fast as you man! I'm the principal-man!" Not only was this a really stupid line, but the voice-acting was seriously off.
    -- It doesn't make sense at all to form a sub-plot where Snake hides in Bart's treehouse because he always doesn't really care about getting caught anyway, he just escapes easily as hell, so what's the problem?
    # Okay, that is one freakin' creepy smile.
    - Wiggum wasn't as funny as he usually is.
    --- A new character. Okay. The very first thing we see is him gagging on food and we get to see the food inside his mouth. No thank you.
    -/+ I enjoy Zach Galifianakis' voice acting, but he doesn't do any effort whatsoever to sound like a kid.
    --- Just to CLARIFY that he's a fucking eating machine, he dips hot dogs in milk. Please kill me.
    --- "Aaaaw, he's sweet. What am I doing?!" I was asking the same thing. What are you doing, Lisa? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
    - So Snake just suddenly gives Bart a Playstation 4 and they are now "Best Buds"? This could have needed some development.
    - "Yes, she is. And who are you?" Another case of cringeworthy voice acting from Julie Kavner in the HD-episodes.
    - And even the name "Lucas" is said weird. (Yes, you are damn right, I won't use the "$"!)
    --- Oh, how romantic. Lisa and Lucas are eating food together. TRUE LOVE, AIN'T IT?
    -- Why in the name of fuck are Patty and Selma's eyes so wide?
    -- I didn't see the similarity of Lucas and Homer here at all. At least Homer has a freaking personality.
    + Marge snatches the stuffed pig from Maggie.
    - Maggie making the "Call me?"-motion was oddly dark.
    --- Ugh, more of Lucas' competitive eating.
    + or -? I'm not sure what to say. Lucas eating Lisa was stupid as hell but I have to admit, I laughed at it for some reason.
    --- Bart gets a smartphone. Oh Al Jean, will you ever learn?
    - "Nickerbocker"? HIS LAST NAME IS JAILBIRD!!!
    - "He misses something... Maybe ME!" These divorce-jokes have been done to death by now. A bird is already eating the corpse by this point,
    -- As Milhouse takes off his pants, his voice gets weirder and weirder.
    + "She (Lisa) can smash the salad!" Good suggestion, Homer. How do you smash salad, though?
    -- "You have to act like someone Lisa want to marry!" What the FUCK?
    + Homer is actually right. Marge is acting like a huge dick, and it's refreshing that she is finally in the wrong for once, and not Homer.
    + "I'm sleeping on Flanders' couch tonight. Ours is crap." Not even the couch goes unborrowed from Flanders.
    --- Homer "asking Lisa out for a date" is among the worst moments of the entire series. The incestual double intendres are incredibly uncomfortable and not funny at all. It sounds ironic to say this since I love Family Guy, but this is the fucking Simpsons, for Christ's sake, I didn't have to see Homer asking Lisa out.
    + "Yeah, we've all been there. No need to act like you just invented air conditioning." Haha, Cletus steals this scene
    - So because Snake speaks Swedish, he gets to go free? I have to try this in USA!
    ++ Homer acting coldly to Marge was sooooooo satisfying. Take THAT, bitch-Marge!
    ++ "Marge, please. Control your jealousy. This is your daughter!" Homer steals quite a few lines in this episode.
    - "Excuse me for a moment. A friend from high school." What the fuck is he saying??
    -- Marge sounds VERY raspy on the voice, it's painful to hear.
    --- What a piss-poor resoluion. Not until NOW do we get back to Lucas, and all we get to see is how trying to whistle like a bird.

This has to be one of the MOST emotionless episodes intended to be emotional I've ever seen! There were a lot of odd moments that didn't make sense. Why would Snake get the electric chair when all he has done is stealing? How was he "Best Bud" with Bart when they barely ever hung out? How was him speaking Swedish a legit reason for getting control over Wiggum? A similar gag in a other episode, "Die Bart Die" was much funnier since it instead of ending the plot moved it forward, unlike here. The main plot of course has a lot of issues too. How did Lisa fall in love with somebody who is LITERALLY just a eating machine? VERY literally. And did she actually fall in love with him? All I saw was them eating food. And how can Marge just insult Homer like that in front of his face that she doesn't want Lisa to marry someone like him. And how IS he like him anyway? THEY DON'T HAVE A SIMILAR PERSONALITY AT ALL!!! And did Lisa and Lucas ever get together? Did they break up? WHO KNOWS?! This episode is cloudy as fuck and even worse than I expected. Don't let Al Jean near The Simpsons any more, for crying out loud, I want to kill myself!
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 03-06-2016 at 12:07 PM.

Blog Entries

You didn't memtion the "IKILLYA" joke. I think that's pretty good.

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

@OldSchoolerSimpsons You should watch Coming to Homerica. I've got a feeling you might actually enjoy that episode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    You didn't memtion the "IKILLYA" joke. I think that's pretty good.
    I didn't notice that one. Maybe the terribleness was too overwhelming.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Luca$ was a terrible episode. It had a lot of cringeworthy moments and it's one of the worst season 25 episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Thread Information