Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
    jammy dogder advisory board jim's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Oh, I'm not gonna pass fingernail inspection tonight". What the... What???
    ok, I've never seen this episode and I don't know the context....but this sounds racist

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snowpit View Post
    Why haven't they fired Carolyn Omine yet?!?!
    Probably because people would want Tim Long or John Frink fired first.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

@Snowpit

For your sakes let's just hope the team up episode between bob and lassen doesn't happen

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

this is like one of the only carolyn omine episodes I actually enjoyed, why must you dump on things I love
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noodlesoup View Post
    this is like one of the only carolyn omine episodes I actually enjoyed, why must you dump on things I love
    Bwahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

excuse me while I wipe the scorn from my eye

Blog Entries

Blazed and Confused is a pretty mediocre episode. Lassen is pretty cool and really the only thing I remember liking.

Blog Entries

The Kids Are All Fight 5.5/10

+ Couch gag was kinda amusing. It wasn't a quick, snappy one but not too lengthy either.
    # The Sunshine Boys: a band Chief Wiggum joined when The Be Sharps turned him down.
    + Indecent Snowman Building: Coal Boobs - Carrot Wang
    # There are a few more of these sight gags.
    ? I don't get the deer joke.
    -- The story of this episode is pretty stupid, since it already had been established Bart was jealous of all the attention Lisa got. Why am I even watching this?
    - There is a poke at how many Planet Of The Apes movies have been made, but it wasn't that funny to be honest.
    + "Goodnight Moon? Goodnight Bart!"
    - There is a poor attempt at fan service with the scary clown which traumatized Bart.
    + "Starfish head!" Haven't heard that one before.
    + The first... strangling... ever. set to Space Odyssey music.
    + Even sleep won't stop Bart and Lisa from fighting.
    + "Answers! That's your answer for everything!"
    + The child psychologist Homer and Marge sees invokes the "trust excercise", where you first shut your eyes... and discover she's gone. Amusing, I guess.
    + Flanders speak of his "misbehaving" kids, who want to tuck themselves in. How horrible!
    Don't get fooled by the plusses, folks. These are only slightly funny jokes.
    - Uuuuh... What have they done with the "Hello, Joe" character????
    - Your wife's bladder is almost exploding, and Flanders criticizes her for "foul" language? Okay, now they're really stepping overboard with his character.
    + Bart and Lisa try to wake the "Hello, Joe" character up, but instead her neck snaps.
    + Homer is in maniacal laughter over someone else having to watch their kids.
    + I suppose it's pretty amusing too how, uuuuhm...
    God, who am I kidding? This episode is BORING!
    Sigh...
    Oh well, guess I gotta finish this no matter what.
    -- "What's her problem?" The fuck with that off Jimbo voice!!
    -- You know what? His voice is off in the entire scene.
    + "With my Barts and your smarts, we make a good team!"
    - If their kids go missing, they should call her Maggie... So, that means that, uuuuuh... No, this joke doesn't work.
    + Marge in vain ask for Selma's help. "I sense... that it's your husband's fault!" Well, what did she after all expect from a chain-smoking scumbag?
    + Homer shows up with a MISSING - PARENTS NOT HORRIBLE text, only for him to immediately call his friends "losers".
    # Lenny says he, Carl and Barney made a pie, even though it looks much more like a pizza. Not to mention the topping they used was cheese.
    - Lisa as a young kid is characterized differently than she has been before. Honestly she's not different enough from he 8-year-old self, which is pretty annoying.
    + Homer enters Social Service and tells them they left them with a weird next door. "Tell me everything." Probably the only joke I actually laughed at so far.
    - With the Seinfeld music, I thought at first they would parody the show. But nope.
    --- Marge used to have a room where she grew her weed. This is fucking retarded. Probably one of the worst (and least logical) character revelations they've had.

Despite being one of the most unnecessary episodes ever made, it... Okay, screw it, let's break down the stupidity of the plot at first.
    Would Marge and Homer really not have noticed all the fighting by Bart and Lisa? Okay that Marge didn't see those photos, but that she not once, not one single little time would have seen them having a twist is ludicrous. And like I mentioned earlier, it had been established as simple jealousy of all attention Lisa got from Bart's side. What more is there to it? Why do they insist on coming up with a plot that supposedly is going to reveal how they started fighting. Sure they are shown fighting, but the plot specifically said "Homer finds an old film strip, which prompts the story of Bart and Lisa's sibling rivalry to be told". I don't know about you, but they sure as hell didn't give me what they promised. There is nothing new here, it's literally the same old stuff. In fact, I sometimes felt like I was watching some half-assed clone of Lisa's First Word!
    So, where was I? Oh yeah. Despite being one of the most unnecessary episodes ever made, it wasn't a terrible one. A mediocre (which means mildly bad from my point of view) episode, but not one with an outrageously stupid plot or number of bad jokes enough to enrage me for years to come. I mostly just slightly chuckled at some jokes, with one good. And the bad jokes pretty much weren't too bad... with one exception. That Marge would have grown weed is just... ugh. Are the writers trying to make Marge a stoner or something? First she drinks the drug tea again (even though she was told the first time it was "flavored") and now we find out she grew weed in soon-to-become Maggie's room. Christ.
    Anyway, this episode ain't no Lisa's First Word or And Maggie Makes Three. Hell, it's not even Lisa's Sax.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-22-2016 at 04:10 AM.

Blog Entries

I found this episode extremly pointless ; I mean having 8 year old girls getting trouble because of their political choices... This is something I would expect to see in a Seth McFerlane's show, but not the Simpsons. Terrible episode.

Anyway, good review, Snowpit.

Blog Entries

@Dundee, you're thinking of The Kid is All Right. This is a review of The Kids Are All Fight. Damn those similar sounding, easily confusable titles.

Anyway, this flashback episode was pointless and no reason to exist. I cannot remember any jokes, it's so forgettable.

Blog Entries

The Daughter Also Rises 3.5/10

+ Lightly smirked at the 500th episode couch gag, where it turns out it was only the 499th.
    + Good enough Itchy & Scratchy cartoon. For once it's not a parody of something.
    # Milhouse's nose looks weird at 02:19-23.
    ½- Meh Mythbusters parody, not not enough for a full minus.
    ½+ Milhouse saying "Well, at least I'm cool now."
    + There is a joke with Homer reading the Valentine's Day card in its head, but it's actually Marge doing it beside him. This is an unoriginal joke, but I chuckled at Homer replying "Thanks for reading it to me".
    +½ Homer bragging that he doesn't have to spend time with his wife with someone saying "Lucky bastard" in front of his date was pretty funny.
    # Game title: Aunts Vs. Zombies
    +½- The montage with Homer and Bart is having fun. The only downside is that I'm tired of montages!
    + Marge is overly worried someone is accidentally putting the wrong tint of dressing into another dressing.
    -- Ugh, another forced love plot with Lisa and a generic boy.
    ++ Frink forced to leave his date just to help Marge out sorting out the food was pretty hilarious.
    - The boy is annoying with his pretentiousness. Haven't she already met someone like this before? It's getting repetitive.
    + Luigi being glad over Lisa complimenting his resturant was funny.
    + Moe offers pasta, but wants payment for it.
    + Bart and Milhouse tests a new myth: if pressing EA on the candy machine, you get electrocuted. Nothing happens.
    - The satire on candy cigarettes felt forced.
    + Lisa switches view which results on French romantic music playing at first, then rap music with something chaotic happening. This joke is hard to explain in words, but I thought it was clever.
    # Stanky??
    - "Maybe we can try something harder for the lady." "Such is the life of the juice boxier." Juice boxie- The fuck?
    ½+/- Half-amusing drug joke, but I'm freakin' tired of Otto being so one-note.
    --- Oh for Christ's sake! I'm sick of these episodes where Lisa and Marge are terrible at bonding with each other! They used to have lots of fun in the early days, what happened? Let me predict: Marge will turn into a horrible person, but still be forgiven for it. SIGH.
    + Milhouse on the experiment: "Now my beauty will also be on the outside!"
    --- The terrible thin love story continues and we get another montage. This episode is quickly becoming worse.
    - Eeeew, there is an orgasm joke with Bart and Homer. It was funny the first time because you saw Bart was really just swinging, but only hearing Homer's voice makes me... uncomfortable.
    + The boy is still irritating, but him saying "I didn't know Lisa had a sister" to Marge made me chuckle.
    --- Uuuuuuh... Marge is telling Lisa, IN FRONT of her boy, that she doesn't want her spending time with him so much. Damn, Marge. You are really sinking low in this episode.
    ? I don't get the "Ech" joke with Old Jewish Man (What's his real name, by the way?).
    + "I don't like to babble on, but I like Babylon!"
    - Disney joke was weak.
    ++ Abraham's entire calendar consists of waiting for death.
    - I'm getting kinda tired of the myth subplot now. However, it's at least less cringey than the main one.
    - Groundskeeper Willie is not actually from Edinburgh. I also didn't find this last myth interesting.
    + The only thing I like about this subplot is Abraham being such useless help to Lisa. I find it sort of sweet.
    + The cops think there are gunshots, but it's really just Abe's bones.
    + Creepy (but funny) joke with Cletus: "I don't normally approve of outbreeding, but you two seem nice."
    --- All right, can somebody tell me what the goddamn problem is with Lisa having a date? Marge is acting horrendously against her!
    -- Lisa's reason for not kissing the boy is ridiculous and unfunny.
    --- Aaaaaw, Lisa and Marge are bonding... Oh wait, fuck you.
    ½- "I've heard if a fat guy stops moving, he floats!" MYTH CRACKED shows up. Meh.

The main plot is yet another Lisa-has-a-crush blaséity and the subplot is not really that funny. That doesn't equal in an enjoyble or even as much as an okay watch. There were jokes that hit, but MANY that also didn't. The worst weakness of this episode is... Marge. Why am I not surprised?! In every one of these episodes where Marge is worried she and Lisa will slip apart, she acting like a complete utter douchebag! Why? WHY??? I can't believe how bad she is here, much worse than the maligned She Used To Be My Girl. Just because she wants to keep Lisa all to herself (Doesn't she have any friends or anything? Hell, even Homer's got a few pals!), she tries to stop Lisa hanging out more with the boy. I'm calling him "boy" because I don't remember his name and is a shitty character. By the way, how they fall in love is awful. Lisa is bored, finds a not-so-bored boy and BOOM!, they are a couple. It's offensively lazy writing and shows that there's no care put into emotion and characters. The resolution is a shit spill. The only reason, I repeat... the ONLY REASON Lisa and Marge are fine again is because Lisa discovered he wasn't the right one. 'Cause let's face it, Marge did not come over just to apologize. She sees the relationship slipping and is thinking "Good, good... She's MINE again, moahahahahaha!".
    Throw this son of a prick episode in a dumpster.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-22-2016 at 04:07 AM.

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Really dislike this episode as well. So can you do Halloween of Horror next?

Blog Entries

Maybe. I still have a lot of "old" episodes to catch up with though.

honestly it feels like all the Marge and Lisa bonding moments feel so shoe-horned in nowadays

Blog Entries

I decided to re-watch this episode so I can finally write a proper review of it.

At Long Last Leave 2/10

-- Normally I skip the cloud gags because of how little I care about them, but this is one worth mentioning. "The most meaningless milestone ever"? Well, no kidding! They are not even making a joke here.
    + The couch gag compilation is a nice touch.
    + News headline: PEKING, DUCK!
    -/+ The banter between Lisa and Homer is not very funny, but Homer's line "Then you have a serious reading problem" made me smirk.
    - "Don't do your farting now!" The hell?
    - Meh gag with all the flour eaten up, with Homer trying to eat a poisonous substance even when mistaking it for it.
    + Bart bounces a ball against Homer's head the whole time, and still Homer hasn't stopped him even after an hour. Mildly amusing.
    + Bart's splendid idea of what do at an empty school: "I can write anything I want on the chalkboard!"
    - His utterance of "Ay Carumba!" sadly feels very shoehorned.
    ½- The joke with the, uuh, club or whatever... is one to shrug at. It's not awful or so, I just don't find it funny.
    - Moe is acting like an ass to Marge, which doesn't make an iota of sense.
    --- The Simpsons Movie 2, hello to you. Not to mention the plot is absolutely idiotic. In The Simpsons Movie there was at least some kind of justification why they hunted the family down. Here the entire town wants to throw them out just because they don't like them. Not only that, but several people have barely, if at all, shown any comtempt towards them. So why does EVERYBODY want them banished?!
    - Another classic joke with Maggie being a vicious killer.
    --- Now it only gets worse. See, what I like about the early episodes is that some people liked the family, some didn't. They weren't the huge monsters who ruined everything. It seems pretty fucking unlikely that two regular middle-class people have cost the whole town so fucking much (See? Not even the whole family is included in the slideshow!)
    + Text beside of picture depicting Lisa saving a whale: NOT EXPENSIVE, BUT PRETTY ANNOYING
    --- Because Marge doesn't hate her family she's the worst of them? Oh my fucking God, this is fucking idiotic.
    + Ned tried to protest. Is hit by a log.
    --- Did Homer's two best friends just show happiness over Homer being shoved out?!
    - Homer has weather superpowers.
    + The Shelbyville radio encourages people to shoot the family instead of reasoning with it.
    - For some reason I really don't like Marge suddenly looking at Homer with an angry face when blaming himself.
    - Overused plot device times 1000: a stranger suddenly stops the car, then helps the family out.
    - Poor copy of the The Thompsons joke.
    -½ Homer watches a fox.. which is an allegory for FOX! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    - Lisa being happy over the fresh air makes no sense since the parody intro indicated the air wasn't fresh.
    - Maggie is falling into a bad crowd and fights with a clan of dangerous babies... That is so... hilarious...
    -- The guest appearance of Julian Assange is godawful. It feels like it was pulled right out of the ass, and his voice acting is HORRENDOUS.
    -- Homer: "I'm not wearing any underwear." The only thing you are wearing is your thick layer of stupidity!
    - Chief Wiggum, uhhh... lends his gun out to who he thinks is Mr. Burns. Even for him, this is pretty fucking dumb.
    ½+ Homer and Marge bonding is cute enough, but by this point I'm so bored by this episode that I just... don't... care.
    + "Cancel their subscription to the opera!" "But we hate opera." "Then get them an subscription to the opera!" This is the first decent joke in what feels like forever.
    -- Homer tells the whole town they are jerks, and they are shocked. How the hell can they be shocked?!
    + I'll admit, I actually like the Jerk Off spray joke.
    - Now they have left town again and we are back at (insert FOX announcer voice) The Outlands. I could care less.
    --- And here we have the stupidest plot twist ever. Lenny and Carl suddenly come over to the Simpsons' new place even though they were IN FAVOR of Homer along with his family being thrown out.
    # Skinner is left behind, and it seems like there's a parody of something I don't know about. I have no comment.
    --- No... NO. WHAT... THE... FUCK?! Everyone is coming over at the place now, even the mayor. Apparently, the town is falling apart when the family, WHO ALL OF THEM WANTED BANISHED, are not there. Just what the goddamn fuck!
    --- Banner: Thanks for 500 shows. All we ask is that you go out and get some fresh air before logging on the internet and saying how much this sucked.
    FUCK. YOU.

Embarrassingly bad milestone! I already hated it the first time around, but it's even worse than I remembered! Everyone in the town are INSANELY unlikeable, probably at some of their worst ever. And I just don't fucking buy that the entire town hate them so much they are banished. It turns the whole legacy of this show into a cAs they then move to the outlands, nothing interesting happens. NOTHING. It's SO. FUCKING. BO-R-ING. What the hell was up with that Julie Assange appearance? Then again, I shouldn't be surprised since the show more and more frequently have guest stars popping up from nowhere. Oh, and the jokes in the episode? There are almost none. At least not a whole lot of funny ones, for example the goddamn "I'm not wearing any underwear" joke. What the FUCK is so funny about that? Find a single little person who would laugh. I fucking challenge you. But if there's anything worse than the jokes, it's the RIDICULOUS turns in the plot. Because the writers have no goddamn ounce of creativity, the Simpsons move to a shitty little village doing nothing. Speaking of it, where the hell did all the people go? What was the point with establishing it as an independent civilization when they (along with Julian Assange, for some reason, as well as some hardass) are alone there? If there actually are other people, I sure don't saw any signs of it. They might as well have moved to a fucking forest! Later on, everyone who hated them suddenly can't make it on their own just because a family moved out?! WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THAT?!?! I haven't mentioned the worst yet though. Ooooooh noooooo.
    At... the end... there is a little text... from Al Jean & co.
    You know what they are telling us?
    To fuck off for actually realizing this episode sucks.

Talk about sinking low!
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-22-2016 at 04:05 AM.

See this is why the episode should have ended with the whole town writing on the blackboard saying

WE WILL NOT THROW OUT THE SIMPSONS AGAIN NO MATTER HOW WORSE THINGS GET

Blog Entries

@pkkao @Alias Fakename Thoughts?

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ComicBookGal View Post
    honestly it feels like all the Marge and Lisa bonding moments feel so shoe-horned in nowadays
    It feels like they're trying to overcompensate for the absence of high quality Marge-Lisa episodes during the classic era.

They had many memorable moments (bonding over the patchwork quilt in Bart's Dog Gets an F, I'm talking about you), but no episodes that define their relationship the way Lisa has with both Homer and Bart.

So, upon recognizing this rather uncharted territory to mine with the family after some 500 episodes, they throw together these slapdash episodes built from every mother-daughter trope and conflict in sitcoms and then sabotage them with terrible pacing and artificial characterizations that betray the characters.

Almost every one-shot character introduced in an HD era Lisa-centric episode has been one-dimensional garbage... from Tumi to Nick to Harper to Lucas to Isabel to those Wiccan kids (did they even have any names - who cares they were all the same person). The one exception that they bothered to give a damn about was The Great Raymondo... and, surprise, it's the one episode people fondly remember. (Well, okay... people also remember Lady Gaga... but not for good reasons.)

My hope is that Jeff Martin can somehow jump in and deliver an episode that's actually well-realized when How Lisa Got Her Marge Back airs next year. Two decades ago this guy brought us A Streetcar Named Marge and Lisa the Beauty Queen. He did, at one time, truly understand these characters and it's my hope that he wouldn't head a script for the first time since the Season 5 premiere just to let the writers' room monopolize it with jokes at the expense of the plot, characterizations and pacing.

If he can't do it, I'm not sure that anyone short of Vitti coming back can.
    SEASON 30 RANKINGS
    Bart's Not Dead - 2.5/5 / Heartbreak Hotel - 1.5/5 / My Way or the Highway to Heaven - 3/5
    THOH XXIX = Intrusion of the Pod-Y Switchers - 1.5/5 / Multiplisaty - 2.5/5 / Geriatric Park - 2/5
    Baby You Can't Drive My Car - 2/5 / From Russia Without Love - 3.5/5 / Werking Mom - 3/5
    Krusty the Clown - 4/5 / Daddicus Finch - 5/5 / 'Tis the 30th Season - 2/5 / Mad About the Toy - 1.5/5
    The Girl on the Bus - 2/5 / I'm Dancing as Fat as I Can - 4.5/5 / The Clown Stays in the Picture - 1.5/5
    101 Mitigations - 3/5 / I Want You (She's So Heavy) - 1/5 / E My Sports - 3.5/5
    Bart vs. Itchy & Scratchy - 4.5/5 / Girl's in the Band - 4/5 / I'm Just a Girl Who Can't Say D'oh - 1/5
    D'oh Canada - 2.5/5 / Woo-hoo Dunnit? - 3.5/5 / Crystal Blue-Haired Persuasion - 1.5/5

well if they haven't appeared in the show a second time then they probably would have shown up in the comics (I haven't read them all because the collections only come out annually and the children's hospital book market only happens three times a year)

Blog Entries

I still enjoy reading those reviews.

Anyway, OSS, you should do a recap of all your reviews on the first page to make the navigation in this thread way more easier.

Season 19:
    Dial "N" For Nerder: 9.2/10

Season 23:
    Moe Goes From Rags to Riches: 1/10

Or something like that.

Also can I do a request? I want you to review "How I Wet Your Mother" if it's not already done. Some HD greatness is welcome at this point in this thread .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsgiving View Post
    Thoughts?
    I really don't want to read FUCK this FUCKING FUCK FUCK episode but thanks for the offer

Blog Entries

Lisa Simpson, This Isn't Your Life 3/10

# Lance Murdock appears in the couch gag.
    + Good little Itchy & Scratchy short.
    + "No child of mine will go without anything! Ever! Except quality healthcare!"
    # Moe admits to his date Selma he's afraid to be seen with her. Wow. Mean.
    ++ Homer is so desperate to get Maggie a particular Happy Little Elves toy that he keeps buying more and more gallons of gas, so much that the car is overfilled with it. And in the end, he never gets that stinkin' toy. I'm not gonna lie, I thought this was hilarious!
    + Marge about her changed childhood place: "That food bank used to be a regular bank!"
    # Yeah, The Simpsons sure are a strange family... They go into the house of a mentally insane woman just so Marge can visit her old childhood home!
    - Bart is so bored that he spurts out to her that he just wants to go sit in the car. The old Bart would have tried to have fun anyway and trash the place.
    - Bart is being a prank show-off. Meh. He just tries too hard nowadays.
    --- More ruination of Nelson's character. You know what he did when Bart made him bleed his blood the first time? HE KNOCKED THE SHIT OUT OF HIM. Now? He starts crying and yelling after his mom. What the hell happened?
    -- Chalmers come yelling at Skinner again, now for interacting with students. Okaaay...? That's kinda weird, but not the problem here. They try to make this incredibly forced meta joke with how Skinner is always the target. He then goes on to say that the reason he doesn't yell at Willie is because he likes him. This is not true. Willie has been picked on for as long as I remember, Chalmers has definitely not been on his side either.
    -- Lisa looks through Marge's scrapbook and finds out Homer is the reason Marge failed at her grades in highschool. Okay, maybe that's true, but to go up to him and actually say "You ruined my mom's life" is pretty fucking insane. This represents exactly what I hate about modern Lisa, she always yells at everyone without ever taking a look at herself. Reflecting over how... ANNOYING AND UNTHOUGHTFUL... she can be.
    + "Just pick out a dead end and chill out till you die.
    --- Bart has become an involuntary bully by accidentally hitting Nelson in different ways? This is the stupidest subplot ever.
    # I recognize this from @pkkao's Modern Simpsons Quotes series! "That's odd, she just threw her saxophone out the window."
    -- Anyway, it's is a terrible, terrible joke.
    --- Oh God, another Lisa Vs. Marge story. Man, I freakin' hate these! Now Marge is angry because she thinks Lisa sees her as retarded.
    --- As if I didn't think Lisa was unlikeable enough, Marge completely overreacts just because she doesn't want to be a housewife.
    + Lisa getting a lunchbag saying Contents: Lunch while Bart get I Love You was pretty funny though.
    + Willie slips on the wet floor and tries to scream the pain away.
    --- Fuck this cringeworthy subplot between Bart and Nelson. It just doesn't make any sense, why would Bart for the first time ever suddenly hurt him by accident every time? How can none of those have been intentional? And if it apparently is so easy to defeat Nelson, why didn't he do it before?!
    - Buddha is not a God Lisa, you clod.
    + Marge and Lisa seem to have overcome their differences in a way which isn't shitty. All's well?
    + The family is not allowed to celebrate Lisa's spot at Cloisters Academy, so they have do it off school grounds. Homer driving back in only to ask when the school starts was strangely amusing.
    -- Seriously, how many times how Lisa now been accepted into a luxurious school or course? Gettin' pretty repetitive.
    --- Wow, could the subplot get any shittier? Now it suddenly becomes a retread of Bart The General, not to mention that Marge saying "Huh, I never took Nelson for the bullying type" and then repeatedly thinking it's Milhouse who's the bully is so unusually idiotic of her that it only could make sense if it had been Homer who said it instead.
    -- Also, if Bart is such a goddamn superman now anyway, who can beat down Nelson with an ease... then why is he even scared of him?
    --- Okay, subplot over... by Nelson weakening for a compliment from Bart. Oh. Is that it? Welly, welly, welly... What a load of crap.
    --- Jean has... a shot at an okayish emotional moment (it's too sappy though), but guess what he does? He ruins it by having Lisa quietly sigh when giving Marge a hug. "Goddamn it, now I'll turn out a nervous wreck like mom!". That a happy ending, right... Yeah... Really happy... :|
    -- Marge about Bart and Nelson: "I'm so glad you two are friends again!" Uuuuuh, what?
    + Amusing moment with Rafael stealing cash from the counter after asking if someone passing by took the money.

How did this episode get so good reviews? It's terrible.
    The main plot is very boring and is another Marge Vs. Lisa story which we seriously have been overfed with and are always poorly written. Neither Lisa nor Marge are well-characterized. Lisa comes off as very unsympathetic and self-centered while Marge is overly anxious and insecure. Marge used to be a jolly and positive person, why does the Jean era have to constantly depict her as a woman with an extreme middle age crisis??? The ending with Lisa sighing when hugging Marge makes me angry. It shows that even after seeing her poor mother work her ass off just so she could get into a fansy-pansy school... she's annoyed. What??? Do you have any idea how lucky you are?! You have a family who loves you, get great grades at school and even musically talented. This little (but really important detail) destroys what could have been just a standard forced Jean era sappy moment... by making it utterly shitastic.
    The subplot ain't any better. In fact, I think it's even worse than the mainplot. At least the first plot had an idea which could have worked if not attempted by a crappy writer like Joel H. Cohen (God, I'm starting to hate him just as much as Tim Long). But this right here, is a disaster from the start. Not only do they give the dumbest reason ever for making Bart the new school bully, but it also turns into a shitty-ass rehash of Bart The General, with even that thought bubble popping up beside Bart. "Hey folks, remember that classic episode from season 1 you all loved? Let's demolish it by this half-assed we-don't-give-a-fuck-rehash!" What were they thinking? Nelson stops punching Bart literally just because his punches are complimented. Am I supposed to believe this is how Nelson actually would act like?

Man, and I actually watched it because I figured it might be one of the better ones. Not even close.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-22-2016 at 04:03 AM.

Blog Entries

woohoo Actual Modern Simpsons Quotes shoutout

Blog Entries

Lots of triple-minuses and only gets a 3/10. fascinating

Blog Entries

It was the subplot which made the episode really fall apart. The main plot was mostly just freakin' boring as hell.
    Also, 3/10 is a horrendous grade, what's the problem?

Blog Entries

Did you review Pay Pal? I suggest this because the HD era Marge/Lisa stories are so brilliantly written that you want to review them all.

Blog Entries

No. I saw it on TV once though. I loved every minute of it...

Blog Entries

Lisa Simpson, This Isn't Your Life is also a total rehash of Lisa the Simpson. So yeah, the plot has already worked in a much superior episode and is not done by a crappy writer.

Blog Entries

Holy crap, I didn't even realize that!

I think Lisa The Simpson is flawed (due to its terrible ending), but I'd watch it 1000 times over this awful episode.

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Telso

yes Marge has become somewhat of an idiot since about season 16ish and when you think about it Bart's friendship with Nelson has been on and off

Thread Information