Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

I'll admit I genuinely like The Great Wife Hope and Clown in the Dumps.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by handy wonder View Post
    what is your confusion
    Well, they're great episodes. IMO.

Blog Entries

and therefore nobody else is allowed to dislike them ever!!!

it's this same shit everday in this section i swear

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's not what I meant at all.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 6/10

+ The couch gag with everything just being text was pretty damn clever.
    + I liked the montage with Bart's monotone life and the music accompanying it.
    + I found it funny how everyone was just sucked out from a black-and-white world with a rainbow.
    ? Sight gag: Is Mila Kunis America's Sexiest Magazine Hater? I don't get it.
    + I found it slightly amusing though how Marge is brushing a toothbrush.
    + "At Mr. Steak they don't get mad at me for spending a lot of money on Mr. Steak!"
    - Okay, that back-and-forth between Homer and Marge just got... weird.
    + "Bart's been raptured! And his crap's been craptured!". I like the creative ways this show uses the word "crap".
    + Moe buys Bart's baby teeth because he doesn't get enough kalcium? Good ol' creepy Moe!
    +/- Homer keeps nagging about how horrible a family vacation is. It's kinda funny, but also gets a little grating.
    # Ship looks cool.
    - Homer is celebrating how their vacation got ruined. Yeah, that's... just annoying.
    + "You won't believe how many towels they gave us... ENOUGH!". Marge enjoying the simple joys of life is always funny.
    - Not-so-interesting introduction video with someone walking around the ship.
    + Sight gag: Bart is reading a schedule on what there will be to do on the ship. The funniest I thought was "Real Life Tetris" and "Norwegian Swearing".
    + "Ocean sex rules! Go to hell, land sex!"
    ? Uuuh... I don't get it. Lisa is happy about two wheelchair bound boys having the hots for her? Okay, whatever.
    +/- Nice animation, but who else is sick to death of all these montages?
    + Wow, that's not a... cynical song number at all...
    ++ The flash-forward to Bart as old was good dark humor, especially with Nelson dying right after.
    --- What the fuck, Bart. You spread a rumor about there being a virus just so you can continue enjoying your time at the boat. I was defending you until this point, but now you are an asshole!
    + Wow, everything is really falling apart. I don't know if it's amusing or just plain sad. Maybe both.
    -- Bart is being an idiot in trying to convince everyone the vacation is still great. Or well, "vacation", as it has now gone to hellsville.
    -- Really Bart, shut the hell up. Nobody's enjoying themselves, and I barely even think you do.
    ++ That virus movie was hilarious!
    --- "I did it for you guys too! Yeah fucking right, Bart. Yeah fucking right.
    --- What, they forgive him that easily despite going through hell? No, I... I don't believe this!
    + That ending was pretty sweet. It made up for it. "Stop thinking about fun, have fun!"

I have mixed feelings about this episode. It started out pretty decent and had several good jokes. On the other hand, Bart is horribly characterized once he spreads the virus rumor. And I do mean very horribly characterized. He's acting like a prick and has no regard for his family's feelings until they find out what he has done. But I've got to say that I appreciate the ending's positive message and while Bart was a problem, I just don't hate this episode. It's a very polarizing one and for a very good reason. I'm somewhere inbetween. I don't think it's fantastic and don't think it's awful. It's just... okay. I've honestly seen a lot, lot worse.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-22-2016 at 04:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Done with life BloodySimpsonChibi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What episode will you be doing next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

On a side note, the Simpsons then ended up on EVERY Continent.

Blog Entries

After calculating, I think I've reviewed... 36 episodes (including those linked).

Holy shit.

Blog Entries

that's a lot of episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    that's a lot of episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Well, considering the method I've used reviewing them... yes.

On the other hand, it's uneven how often I review one. But now I try to do it at least once a month.

NO MORE SAGGY DIAPER PAINS!!!
    Blog Entries

I think it's high time you reviewed See Homer Run, @OSS.

Blog Entries

See Homer Run 6/10

+ Couch gag with Kang and Kodos spying on the "earth family" Simpsons was amusing.
    +/- Homer celebrating Christmas at the wrong time was predictable, but I liked the joke with him also celebrating Father's Day Eve. However, the joke went on for a little too long and I didn't like Lisa saying "Dad, there's no such thing as Father's Day Eve."
    + Marge pointing out for Bart how it's not really a gift from him if he gets money from her only for Bart to Point out it's technically not Marge's money either was pretty good.
    + Homer still being excited for presents was funny too.
    + Chief Wiggum gives ralph money only for him to eat it. He then comes out with a fifty. It doesn't work as well when he gives him a hundred dollar bill to eat...
    ++ Bart sees a Swiss knife that is not to be fucked with. This is one of the episode's best jokes.
    + Shirt: Have a Shrek-tastic Father's Day
    + Sign gag: Do It Yourself, You Lazy Ass
    # The shopkeepers voice sounds like a more flamboyant version of Mr. Smithers.
    + Homer imagining himself as a pirate with his new tool I chuckled at. One of the pirates saying "This is the worst Father's Day ever." was also good dark humor.
    + "Are you feeling heartfelt? Huh? HUH?"
    -- Homer is so ungrateful of his gift that he comes off as a real ass. SHE DREW BEAUTIFUL PICTURES OF YOU TWO BONDING, YOU DICK!
    + Homer blames the magnet for the gift book getting destroyed. Turns out Lisa wrote "Happy Father's Day" on it.
    + "I even won you back after I lost our wedding album in a bar bet." "You WHAT?!"
    + Moe copy-pastes his own face in the wedding album. Just creepy enough to work!
    ++ The bullies fool Milhouse cool kids ride bicycles with their eyes closed. He gets... hit by a train...
    + "Which one of you boys threw Lisa Simpson's backpack through the window?"
    ++ Lisa flips out so much she even throws objects at Principle Skinner, and it's a joy to watch.
    -- DR. PRYOR'S VOICE DOESN'T SOUND LIKE IT SHOULD LIKE!!
    -/+ "Ow! Son of a- Questions? Comments?" and the kids walking over a knocked out Homer were the only jokes I enjoyed with Homer in the salamander suit so far. Peter Griffin as the No-Trash Cougar was funnier.
    + Homer (somehow) manages to pet Lisa with his tail?!
    ++ That massive crash went perfectly well, hehehe...
    - "We were just carpooling, that it!" Okay, since when is Smithers and Largo involved???
    -- The parrots yelling "Recall!" has always been a joke I hated.
    + When Kent Brockman shows a photo of Homer strangling Bart: "Why should we let this election be affected by a photo taken hours ago?!"
    - "Did you just vomit in that suit?" "A little."
    + "That's weird... It's started off as an egg..."
    /- For some reason I Think Milhouse coming on the stage yelling "Wazzuuuuup?" is funny and unfunny at the same time.
    ? Can someone explain the Ben Affleck joke?

I hate to admit this, believe me... but this episode is not as bad as I remembered it. Now, the plot was quite dull for damn sure, but the jokes were for the most time good enough that it's not a bad episode. There were several small moments here and there I liked and even some I found very funny. There are some gags and bits I didn't like though. For example, the "Recall!" parrots is one of those typical Jean era joke you see a lot of. And Homer vomiting in his suit was just gross. I also freaking hated the appearance of Dr. Pryor. His characterization was the same, but the voice was horrid. Since when did he started sounding like that? At least the appearance and voice is still better than in another new episode (Where he was extremely out-of-character, almost acted like Dr. Nick), but that doesn't mean this one was acceptable. And the Smithers+Largo connection is, eeeeh... kinda out of nowhere.
    So yeah, surprisingly this episode's biggest crime is not grander than being unmemorable.
    Shit.
    Don't you dare thumb this up, Alias Fakename.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-22-2016 at 04:12 AM.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

you liked that piece of garbage more than Bull-E? christ you are backwards. what did those mean cans do to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noodlesoup View Post
    you liked that piece of garbage more than Bull-E? christ you are backwards. what did those mean cans do to you?
    6/10 means "Okay", not "I like it".
    Also, how could you like the garbage water which is Bull-E?

Blog Entries

opinions opinions

tbh see homer run had no funny moments compared to bull-e which was the first HD that was genuinely funny that season

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noodlesoup View Post
    which was the first HD that was genuinely funny that season
    all the non-HD's from that season, on the other hand

Okay, since you asked so nicely I won't thumb.

All jokes aside, I probably wouldn't have thumbed it anyway since you were very "meh" on it. Does this mean the running gag will have to be retired though?

AAlso, can you do On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alias Fakename View Post
    , can you do On a Clear Day I Can't See My Sister next?
    Not right now, this was a break from plowing through seasons 22-26. Some other day I might though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAY LENO View Post
    all the non-HD's from that season, on the other hand
    some of them were real knee slappers

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rip OSS's hate of See Homer Run 2013-2015

Blog Entries

It's replaced by See-Homer-Run-is-unmemorable-as-shit.
    And being unmemorable is not a good thing.
    The hate will continue.

Is an episode that is simply unmemorable really worth hate though?

Blog Entries

Well, uuuuhm... Uuuuuh...
    Hey, SHUT UP!

Blog Entries

sick burn

I suppose.

Blog Entries

I'd just like to remind everyone of this classic exchange

Quote Originally Posted by Alias Fakename View Post
    See Homer Run is
    a fantastic episode, yo
    talking to you, Snospitmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowpit View Post

Blog Entries

See Homer Run deserves more hate on this forum.

This forum deserves to have lesser hate in it.

I think I can explain the Ben Affleck joke, see every time he campaigns for a politician (mostly president of the US) they end up losing, because if I remember right he did campaign for John Kerry, I don't remember who he campaigned for in 08 but he did say something on SNL about Campaigning for McCain and a reverse psychology thing likely. I know it doesn't make sense, but that's what I remember from that episode of that SNL he hosted this was back in 08 before the election.

See Homer Run is still one of the better episodes from season 17

Blog Entries

Blazed And Confused 2/10

+ Solid couch gag.
    + The animated lemons remind me of those ol' funny education films season 1 had.
    # They still keep continuity with Springfield Elementary's "no praying" policy.
    + "It seems like some parents didn't like their precious darlings duct taped to the walls..."
    - What the hell is up with Database's voice?
    # Anyone noticed as well at 2:30 that he was blinking veeeeeery weirdly?
    - "Well, it's scary but it doesn't make me pee my pants." Later on, he does. Meh.
    + "Lessen? You mean Less...than?"
    + As expected, Lessen gets pissed. Dafoe's voice is actually pretty creepy.
    -- Horrible, horrible characterization of Nelson though. I mean Jesus, he's just pathetic!
    + Lessen calls Nelson "Smelson".
    - More annoying whining from Nelson right afterwards. God, please just stop.
    + Wow, that haircut looks... awful!
    -- After having laughed at Bart, the dinner scene just becomes really stupid and confusing, with very random sidetrails and godawful jokes.
    + "So trust me... I will come through for you, baby. Not you, Maggie!" Simple joke, but the only one in this scene I even found amusing.
    -- "And I want you to believe me too. Isn't it great how much we agree?" It then shows Marge getting a sad face. I... I can't understand what the fuck is happening...
    - "Heeeeere's Millie!" Uuuuuuh, what the fuck???????
    -- Can't they just retire Nelson? He's so goddamn annoying!!!
    - "I just need to get to sixty percent." So Bart has just been electrified, and Milhouse his friend uses Bart to load his phone?! Isn't that ridiculously out-of-character?
    +/- What started off as an amusing joke when Milhouse says The Hobbit also taught how beautiful the Zeelandian landscape looked, became flat-out stupid when he mentioned his own website where people can read about it. How am I supposed to find this funny???
    + "Mind if I warn up some gulash?" I have no clue why I found it amusing, but I did anyway.
    - Oh, it's called Facelook now? Classic modern Simpsons still stayin' relevant with da kidz...!
    + Okay, that Friday The 13th spoof where the woman Homer's talking with on the line gets murdered was genuinely funny!
    +/- Nelson asks Milhouse to give him his lunchmoney, only for Lassen to rob him. This was funny, but still also inexcusably terrible writing of Nelson.
    --- So they introduce the Blazing Guy stuff by Jack Lassen having it on his Facebook profile? So if they want to humiliate him, why the hell does he have this on his own profile?! Why would he go there at all? This is just... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
    ? "You are starting to look like your dad." "I'm not!" "I was lucky. I look like my mom." What's the joke here??
    - Meh song by Homer. When did he last sing a song which was funny?
    +/- Sign: DON'T SHOOT THE SIGN, IT MAKES US LOOK LIKE HICKS. Homer disregards the message and shoots it anyway, followed by him saying "Homer Simpson, I love you". The last sentence is what I didn't like, it felt unnecessary.
    # The infamous Homer-nose-goes-inward scene! Quite cringeworthy it actually stays like that for a couple seconds.
    + Maggie gets "breastfed" by a statue."
    - "We brought you Cheerios!" Not sure how that makes the joke better, but whatever.
    + Homer Simpson sure knows how to set up a tent!
    + "We got a tent from a guy who just OD'd on drugs! Holy shit, that is dark.
    -- Enough with the filler! Get back to the main plot!!
    - This Blazing Guy stuff is starting to get duller and duller. What have we wasted on this, 4 minutes?
    + There. Finally.
    + "About time! It's the only phone!" Other guy in phone suit shows up. "You don't count!"
    - Marge gets high.
    --- "Oooooh, you Always save me, trombone elephant!" What the hell? Did they just re-use the Barney joke from D'oh-In' In The Wind"?
    --- AND WILL YOU GET TO THE FREAKING REVENGE ALREADY?!
    + Fire Retardant? Sneaky one there!
    # Bart's eyes look super-weird at 16:04.
    + "These kids are gonna ruin the ceremony. It's too bad I'm just an illusion." (Disappears)
    - "I wanted a great camping trip and I got it... YOU GOT LUCKY THIS TIME!" AHAHAHA, THAT HOMER SIMPSON AND HIS HIJINKS! Meh.
    --- Uuuugh... Bart gets his dumb revenge. Does Lassen fight back? Sure, but it's executed in such a retarded way you can do nothing but cringe! The gigantic "guy" falls apart when Homer can't save Bart with his butterfly wings and Lassen gets inprisoned by a horde of peopl. Marge is still high even though her eyes stopped being big... HOW MUCH BULLSHIT DO I HAVE TO TOLERATE?!
    --- The school has never fired a teacher???? How about Ned when he teached? Or Edna Krabappel? I know this show often has continuity errors, but this is really fucking dumb!
    -- "Oh, I'm not gonna pass fingernail inspection tonight". What the... What???
    + AAAAAAAH! SIDESHOW BOB! Great to see him.
    # Y'know, this could have made a good plot. Lassen and Bob teaming up to destroy Bart would have been far better than... THE DUMB DRUG CRAP!

First of all, I'm quite astonished at how insanely unoriginal this plot is. Not only did they already have a bullying teacher, but they had it two seasons ago! Can't they keep track of even a plot they had fucking two years ago? That being mentioned, they don't do the best with it either. Hell, I almost feel ashamed to say that while Black-Eyed, Please wasn't good, they at least followed through with the concept! There was a subplot, but there was just enough to show us what an asshole the teacher was and the torment Lisa went through. Sure she was kinda annoying, but at least they managed to make us slightly root for her. Here on the other hand, it's done so poorly and is so unfocused that there is just no reason to give a shit. We get what, Bart with a new haircut? Show him being seriously humiliated, make us feel sorry for him! In fact, they did such a bad job I was rooting for the teacher instead. Bart was so obnoxious and dull here, holy crap. I almost wanted Lassen to knock the shit out of the little boy instead. And then, guess what, there is a revenge plot introduced in the 9th minute, which makes me think "Oh okay, I guess we will see him preparing the ultimate prank". Sorry folks, but you are mighty fools if you think that's what will happen. 'Cause the "solution" of filling out the time is making tons and tons of drug jokes. Forget the teacher and the revenge, let's have jokes which make me seriously question why there are still fans left!!! The worst is Marge getting high, which is just outrageously forced and boring. Jesus Christ, do they know when something stops being funny? Too bad it was never funny in the first place though. Now, you must wonder what Bart's plan was? He didn't have one. HE DIDN'T HAVE A PLAN! He sees a fire detergent, which gives him a great idea. But why fuck did they make us wait for that big plan only for him to be dumbfounded and not knowing what to do until suddenly sees something. FOR FUCK'S SAKE!
    The ending is also a huge middlefinger to the audience, as they had a better plot back there, which would have been far smarter to use if they weren't braindead monkeys. But alas, they are.
    Why haven't they fired Carolyn Omine yet?!?!
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-22-2016 at 04:12 AM.

Thread Information