Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons character matches

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

I didn't even vote for my own match before... but I think it would've been Maggie. How can you vote against a baby that cute ?

This match... well, both Ralph and Wiggum had a lot of great moments in the classic era, but are now dreadfull in the modern era. I'll still give it to Ralph, his one episode where he fell in love with Lisa is just too great.

Ralph: 3
    Chief: 4
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Next up I'd say we should finally do a Guest Star vs. Guest Star but we need quite a few more votes for Ralph vs. Chief
    Favorite/Least Favorite episodes by season Season 1:Bart the Genius/ There's No Disgrace Like Home Season 2:Bart Gets an F/The War of the Simpsons[/COLOR] Season 3: Saturdays of Thunder/When Flanders Failed Season 4: A Streetcar Named Marge/Whacking Day Season 5: Homer's Barbershop Quartet/Lady Bouvier's Lover Season 6: Who Shot Mr. Burns?(part 1)/Another Simpsons Clip Show Season 7: Team Homer/Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Helfish" Season 8: Homer's Enemy/The Simpsons Spinoff Showcase Season 9: King of the Hill/The Principal and the Pauper Season 10: Bart the Mother/They Saved Lisa's Brain Season 11: Behind the Laughter/Eight Misbehavin' Season 12: Hungry Hungry Homer/Pokey Mom Season 13: I am Furious(Yellow) /Homer the Moe Season 14: I'm Spelling As Fast As I Can/Helter Shelter Season 15: 'Tis The Fifteenth Season/The President Wore Pearls Season 16: A Star is Torn/Treehouse of Horror XV Season 17: Marge's Song Poisoning/The Italian Bob Season 18: Marge Gamer/Moe 'N' A Lisa Season 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Papa Don't Leech Season 20: No Loan Again, Naturally/In The Name Of The Grandfather Season 21: O Brother, Where Bart Thou?/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed Season 22: 500 Keys/The Fool Monty Season 23: Politically Inept With Homer Simpson/The Man in the Blue Flannel Pants Season 24: Gorgeous Grampa/Homer Goes to Prep School Season 25: Steal This Episode/Days of Future Future Season 26:

Blog Entries

Need a few more votes, keep 'm coming!

Chief: 5

Ralph can be funny, never really liked him as a character though.
    "Trying is the first step to failure" - Homer Simpson
    Simpsons: Best Episode/Worst Episode Per Season
    1:Life On The Fast Lane/The Telltale Head2:One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Homer VS. Lisa and The 18th Commandment 3:Homer At The Bat/The Otto Show 4:Marge VS. The Monorail/Selma's Choice 5: Cape Feare/Homer and Apu 6:Who Shot Mr.Burns (Part 1)/Bart's Girlfriend 7:Homer The Smithers/ The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular 8: Homer VS. The EIghteenth Amendment/Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9: The Cartridge Family/All Singing, All Dancing 10:The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace/Homer Simpson in "Kidney Trouble" 11:Missionary: Impossible/It's A Mad Mad Mad Marge 12: Hungry, Hungry Homer/The Great Money Caper 13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/Brawl In The Family 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Break My Wife, Please 15: Simple Simpson/Bart Mangled Banner 16: Thank God It's Doomsday/On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister 17: Girls Just Wanna Have Sums/Marge and Homer Turn A Couple Play 18: Marge Gamer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Dial 'N' for Nerder/Papa Don't Leech 20: Eeny Teeny Maya Moe/The Burns and The Bees 21: The Bob Next Door/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer The Father/Elementary School Musical 23: How I Wet Your Mother/Treehouse of Horror XXII 24: The Saga of Carl/Moonshine River 25:Brick Like Me/The Kid is Alright

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Chief: 6
    Ralph is funny, but Chief is my favourite character except maybe Milhouse.

Chief: 7

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, that's enough. We need a new match now.
    I took @Joe Simpson's advice and put against two guest stars.

Match 34: Lady Gaga Vs. Justin Bieber

Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

No offense, i hate this matchup, but hey, it's just because it reminds me of one of the worst episodes ever

Lady Gaga: 1
    Justin Bieber: 0

Lady Gaga: 2
    Justin Bieber: 0

@OldSchoolerSimpsons I was thinking more along the lines of Alec Baldwin vs. Kim Bassinger haha, but this is alright

Blog Entries

Justin Bieber's apperance was fairly inoffensive compared to Gaga's. He was just used for a quick joke, and we even got a funny warning disclaimer before it. Gaga's appearance is utterly cringeworthy.

Lady Gaga: 2
    Justin Bieber: 1

Blog Entries

This matchup... its like voting which of Satans children you like more.

Its a little hard to vote since Gaga has her own asskissing episode while Bieber only appeared for a pointless 10 seconds. I guess I'll go with Gaga since the writers atleast tried to do something with her, whille Bieber was only whining. I did like that warning though. In real life I hate Bieber more then Gaga anyway.

Lady Gaga: 3
    Justin Bieber: 1

Blog Entries

I couldn't care less about Justin Bieber's quick 10-second cameo. Lady Gaga's ass-kissing spectacular is terrible.

Justin Bieber: 2

Blog Entries

The episode Bieber was in was actually pretty good, and he was barely in it. I don't have any problems with Bieber or Gaga in the first place, but they just did the Gaga episode poorly.

Justin Bieber: 3
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    The episode Bieber was in was actually pretty good
    Holy smokes, Panther.
    Seek help.

Blog Entries

The Fabulous Faker Boy is more boring than anything. At least it tries to be a little more than a tired "Bart gets a girlfriend" plot. The Justin Bieber cameo is so insignificant to the plot that I couldn't care less about it.

Blog Entries

Get the votes coming

Blog Entries

The previous match is taking too long, but is still at a tie. You can still vote for the previous match if you haven't done it yet!

Match #35

Jacques vs. Ben

Jacques: 0
    Ben: 0

Funnily enough, when I searched ''Ben Simpsons'' on the internet all I got was the bear called ''Gentle Ben'' from Homer Badman.

Blog Entries

Interesting match. Ben is one of my favorite characters from the HD era, but it's hard to beat Jacques. As good as Dangers on a Train is, it can't beat the near-top 20 Life on the Fast Lane.

Jacques: 1

Blog Entries

Dangers On A Train is a yawn, not to mention Jacques is a funnier character.

Jacques: 2

Blog Entries

I think its a pretty close match for me, need to think about my vote. I hope people will look at the actual character, and to not only vote because one character is in a classic episode and the other in a HD episode.

Blog Entries

Jacques is a great, funny and good written character, who was a serious threat to Homer of taking away Marge. Ben's characterisation is also pretty good, his voice does really fit him but I liked Jacques voice acting better. I'll give this one to Jacques.

Jacques: 3

Blog Entries

Ben was all right, but he didn't really have any unique qualities to him. Jacques was a French ladies' mam with...panache.

Jacques: 4

Blog Entries

Jacques: 5

I don't remember Ben

Jacques: 6

Jacques: 6

Blog Entries

Mindy or Lurleen