Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Bojack Horseman

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

So I watched the first eight minutes. It's not much to make judgment and even if it wasn't anything special or good really...

OH MY GOD!!! THEY DID IT! They made an animated show that's NOT SHIT!

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    So I watched the first eight minutes. It's not much to make judgment and even if it wasn't anything special or good really...

OH MY GOD!!! THEY DID IT! They made an animated show that's NOT SHIT!

IT'S NOOOOOTTTTT SSSHHHIIITTTT!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

I really wanna make a gif but I can't; my wifi still sucks here at college. :/

I wasn't quite sure I liked it after the first episode, but after seeing the second one this evening, I have to admit it's growing on me. It's definitely an odd concept, but I think they made it work quite well.
    Small criticism: since it's human/animal interactions, any kind of sex reference seems a little too 'rule 34' for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    it sucked fucking shit bananas.

Blog Entries

It's getting really mixed reviews so far. I think that's justified, since my opinion on the show is very mixed aswell.

(I know if Will Arnet and Aaron Paul weren't in this than i'd never have given this show a chance)

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

For some reason they made an interview with Bojack Horseman and the Rolling Stone.

http://www.rollingstone.com/netflix/...ce=twitterfeed

Got sick and binge watched the whole season today. And wow. It really improves after a rough first episode. The jokes land a lot better, the continuing storyline makes it a little unique among other cartoons, and it really is a good show. Good. Not great. But I am looking forward to a second season whenever it comes out.

Blog Entries

It'll probably be out sometime in 2015.

Blog Entries

u only care about this show because of aaron paul right swoony

Blog Entries

@Handsome B. Wonderful I like Will Arnet and Aaron Paul and they're the reason why I started watching the show but I continued watching for other reasons. I won't watch anything with both of those actors (Only ever liked Aaron Paul in Breaking Bad and Will Arnet in Arrested Development and the Lego movie, as the reast of the stuff they've done has been mediocre). I'm giving this show a chance because of them but certainly starpower can't sustain a show on it's own.

DICK MOVE! Comicshow MolemanBob's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I pretty much started watching because I'm big fans of both Will Arnett and Alison Brie and while the voice acting is superb (even from a less experienced voice-actor like Aaron Paul), I stayed for the characters that were given quite a bit of depth throughout the twelve episodes, and the style of humor that really grew on me as the series progressed. I'm glad I started watching and I'm looking forward to the second season.

I actually watched it just because I like to try Netflix originals and because I'm an animation junkie. Paul and Arnett or not would make no difference for my attraction to it.

Blog Entries

Overheard my friends today having a conversation starting with "Have you watched Bojack Horseman" and it then went on into a lot of positive stuff about the show. Think I'll finally give this a shot tomorrow if I can find somewhere other than Netflix that has it available to view (Shouldn't be too hard).
    How to remaster

Its first episode sucks, but it does get better and the characters actually become somewhat third dimensional. Oh and the jokes get better too.

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

Hmm, now that everyone in this thread seems to have at least a mild positive opinion of it, I guess I'll be on the hunt for it tomorrow. I can find old shows online no problem, so it shouldn't be hard to find this.

Watched the entire series, loved it. It's refreshing to have an animated show that's so funny but doesn't have toilet humor or attempt to be offensive.

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I wasn't a huge fan of this, but I was entertained enough to see it through the end of the season. I feel like the jokes aren't particularly strong, and the animal-hybrid world still feels off-putting with the sex stuff, but it's also nice that the show comes across as earnestly believing in its characters. They start placing some pretty heavy dramatic weight on them and it feels mostly genuine (if not particularly touching or whatever). So that's probably the best thing it has going for it right now. Animation and character design is mostly uneven. I do like the original art from the lead artist on her site, but the transition to show form leaves a bit to be desired. Some characters look sort of thrown together and under-designed.

The pilot is pretty lousy. Way too many cutaways and unpleasantness, but after that, BoJack ain't bad.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

The art design of many of the buildings look really bland, whereas a lot of background design has so much design to go with it. Why?

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah i'm on episode 4 of this and it's not that bad actually. the characters are surprisingly three dimensional and some of the jokes have been pretty good.

it's far from great, but this is definitely a step in the right direction for animated shows as a whole. animation would benefit from more serialisation and experimentation, i think.

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

huh

I guess I'll check this shiz out
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i've seen the first four episodes now and i'm liking it. i thought the first episode was kind of weak but it's getting better and better. there are way too many predictable jokes but it's clever and entertaining enough for me to keep watching. the animation is atrocious though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Yeah. No idea why the animation is half-and-half and the pilot really, really sucks. Maybe it was originally pitched for Fox or TBS?

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

I don't think the animation is bad, but the style isn't onto would personally choose.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

the pilot was pretty awful, but like others said it leaps in quality by the third episode, especially the wise rewriting of the show's dynamics. no more cutaways, and definitely no more todd/jesse meta gags. (seriously how strange is it that aaron paul's character is named TODD) this is the kind of show that would be cancelled instantly if it premiered anywhere else but netflix, where the binge-watching is an option.

I really am enjoying the writers actually taking into mind the format that the series is being released as, with various plot threads weaving its way slowly the through the series and characters gaining new dimensions with every episode. sometimes todd is the comic relief, sometimes they actually explore his character, but there never seems to be an episode so far (watched five eps) that refuses to advance the characters and the story. so applause on that. and y'know, the cast is fucking ace so there's that too. I love paul as mr. peanut butter.

I'm looking forward to watching more, shockingly enough. I love how the first three pages of this thread is just an consistent shit fest and then people actually start watching it and finding out it's not half-bad. @Shaunbadia I can't not see you liking this show after the (very) rough pilot.

I'm still shocked that I gave this show shit before watching. I did like some shows before watching too when it turns out to be shit. Maybe its natural.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Hey, I found it terrible judging from the promos, too.

They make the show look like some low budget piece of shit churned out with no effort, all for the novelty of Netflix having an original animated series.

Blog Entries

just finished the rest of it (it's only 12 episodes so fairly easy) and jesus it gets pretty goddamn depressing

the finale is especially sad seeing as it's clearly written in mind to be both a season and a series finale, depending on which way the show went

luckily it got renewed, but you can tell that the second season finale will probably not be a chipper one as well

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    just finished the rest of it (it's only 12 episodes so fairly easy) and jesus it gets pretty goddamn depressing

the finale is especially sad seeing as it's clearly written in mind to be both a season and a series finale, depending on which way the show went

luckily it got renewed, but you can tell that the second season finale will probably not be a chipper one as well
    Hm, really? It seemed a little hopeful to me, but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. BoJack seemed at least quite a bit more content by the end of the episode than he's been in the rest of the show.

Good assessment of them figuring out where to take the show, by the way. If it stayed in the same style as the pilot, I probably wouldn't have finished the season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TriforceBun View Post
    Hm, really? It seemed a little hopeful to me, but maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention. BoJack seemed at least quite a bit more content by the end of the episode than he's been in the rest of the show.
    it was pretty depressing as  bojack succumbs to the fact that he's too self-destructive to have anybody in his life.  keep in mind, there is a second season so that definitely paints a different picture in the context, but I looked at it from the writers' perspective of when they wrote it: uncertain on whether or not it'll be renewed.

or maybe their contract had a second season built in and this was all a silly formality

btw vincent adultman was such a great runner but I hope they drop it by next season because it'll start getting old

Blog Entries

So I'm in the middle of the second episode ("Bojack Hate the Troops") and I just wanted to say that after a rocky start in the pilot that showed some flawed forced humor but great potential to it's universe, that I may very well be hooked as of Bojack calling into MSNBC to rant about dibs on muffins in a grocery store.

Thread Information