Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bojack Horseman

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

I just watched the trailer....no, just no. The voices were so simple they don't really sound like the actors are acting, none of it was funny, that cat was so ugly she was difficult to look at, and the different species "joke".....every other example in existence is much more clever than that.

Blog Entries

Well none of the actors doing the voices are voice actors so that probably explains the subpar performances.

Oh boy this is gonna be a great train wreck. Welp... I always said I wanted to do an animated show with perfection and far superior quality to anything anyone has seen in the past decade, but it looks like that dream may be given up. Nobody wants to fund a good idea anymore. I'm going to give Netflix a l'il pitch, tell them I have a show about a dysfunctional family whose mom and dad are strict religious Conservatives, beat their kids on a daily basis (I said beat, not discipline/spank here), and every Sunday they drown their sins by drinking so much vodka that the husband and wife cannot tell distinction between the spouse and kids. An awful mess, I bring you "The Righteous", an adult animated show based on awful, unlovable people. Oh yeah and swearing too! That's cool!

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Wanting to switch seats The Monorail's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Animated adult show with talking animals and crappy animation, oh, we've never had those! I shouldn't judge it without seeing any longer material of the show, but still, why Netflix, why Will Arnett, why Aaron Paul?

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    Oh boy this is gonna be a great train wreck. Welp... I always said I wanted to do an animated show with perfection and far superior quality to anything anyone has seen in the past decade, but it looks like that dream may be given up. Nobody wants to fund a good idea anymore. I'm going to give Netflix a l'il pitch, tell them I have a show about a dysfunctional family whose mom and dad are strict religious Conservatives, beat their kids on a daily basis (I said beat, not discipline/spank here), and every Sunday they drown their sins by drinking so much vodka that the husband and wife cannot tell distinction between the spouse and kids. An awful mess, I bring you "The Righteous", an adult animated show based on awful, unlovable people. Oh yeah and swearing too! That's cool!
    :/

Quote Originally Posted by AEG View Post
    :/
    You've made a great first impression. Being the nice guy here though, I'll simply correct you on that to tell you that we try not to make cheap posts like that. Welcome to NHC mate.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

So Aaron Paul posted this on his instagram the other day and i'm a little confused by it. Why is Bojack wearing a real life Aaron Paul shirt? It's a little weird for the style of the show, and I don't understand the context of it. It looks like it could have been just photoshopped in the picture but I honestly have no idea.

http://instagram.com/p/o2NJF6uIAU/

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    So Aaron Paul posted this on his instagram the other day and i'm a little confused by it. Why is Bojack wearing a real life Aaron Paul shirt? It's a little weird for the style of the show, and I don't understand the context of it. It looks like it could have been just photoshopped in the picture but I honestly have no idea.

Paul was forced to do it or he wouldn't get paid for stupid advertising. They hired a former South Park animator to do the crappy photoshop job. Anyway, Paul thought it was stupid, animator hated it, and the abominator who made this show 'gasmed for hours. And hours.

Blog Entries

Seems legit.

Blog Entries

Probably just a silly meta gag but it's possible that it was edited to feature Aaron Paul's picture simply for the purposes of viral marketing (I'd imagine he wasn't just posting that to Instagram because he felt like it).
    How to remaster

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug, Swoony

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

I didn't find the trailer to be horrible. I mean it wasn't good, and there wasn't anything really funny or memorable, but at least there was nothing particularly terrible that made me cringe in despair and immediately turn it off. Some of the jokes were kinda lame but I expected far worse given the reactions here. It seems fairly low-key, almost similar in vibe to The Life And Times Of Tim, just with this weird slant where some of the characters are half-animal/half-human for some reason? And like why does the horse guy have like human type hands? Really baffling aesthetic choices here.

Maybe I'll give an episode a shot if I'm browsing through Netflix a few months down the line and I come across it, it seems harmless enough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Probably just a silly meta gag but it's possible that it was edited to feature Aaron Paul's picture simply for the purposes of viral marketing (I'd imagine he wasn't just posting that to Instagram because he felt like it).
    That seems likely.

It kinda sucks that advertising is effecting social media sites like instagram now. You can't really go anywhere without seeing an ad anymore. It's kind of ridiculous.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

I would also like to say something about hiring non-voice actors to do voice work.

When you do that, it's best to write their part with THEIR abilities in mind.

This just seems like somebody created a bunch of random characters and said "let's get celebrities! I don't care who, just get famous people."
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug, Swoony

Blog Entries

I think design wise they might have taken inspiration from Jesse Pinkman in mind and got Aaron Paul mostly trying to imitate Jesse Pinkman in cartoon form or something. They were probably trying to typecast him and didn't really care if this role wasn't for him or if he could voice act or not.

Otherwise I don't think they really cared much. I guess Will Arnet's voice fits for the bigshot character who doesn't really give a fuck. He has this harshness to his voice and he can do sarcasm pretty well.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

I honestly don't think Aaron Paul's character looks THAT much like him. It could very well be a coincidence (like Archer's mother resembling her voice actress, Jessica Walter, was).

They might have envisioned a Jesse-type character and decided to bring Aaron on to be clever or something.

Either that or somebody REALLY sucks at caricatures.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Well I never said it looked exactly like him, but It looks inspired off him anyway to me. He has the whole disheveled thing going on with the baggy gangster clothes. Sure it might be coincidence but what are the odds he plays this 20 something average guy character who dresses in a style very similar to that of Jesse in seasons 1-2 with Aaron Paul playing him? To me it just looks like a really badly drawn version of him. I don't know anything about the personality of the character or anything, but he looks like a bad Jesse ripoff or something, design wise.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Sure it might be coincidence but what are the odds he plays this 20 something average guy character who dresses in a style very similar to that of Jesse in seasons 1-2 with Aaron Paul playing him?
    Well, what I was getting at with my Archer comment was that Jessica Walter voiced a character on Archer that looks and sounds very similar to her Arrested Development character.

The creator himself said in an AV Club interview that the resemblance was completely coincidental, and that she was actually modeled off of an actress he knew in Atlanta (and designed before the characters were cast).

I highly doubt that it was a coincidence this time around, but I wouldn't exactly rule it out. But I definitely think they intended for this character to be a horrible Jesse rip-off.

Blog Entries

Yeah it seems like they just really phoned it in there. Would have been interesting to see Aaron play someone who looks or acts nothing that is like or inspired by Jesse Pinkman, which isn't much to ask for considering the endless possibilities of animation.

I dislike the design of all the characters so far actually. They're just all so ugly and not in a charming or interesting way (like in Bob's Burgers). It just seems lazily done.

Aarons voice seems very odd for voice acting. Like it just felt weird to hear his voice coming out of an animated character, and I almost had to adjust myself for a second to recognize it was him, despite being told so by the screen.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Yeah I don't know if it's suited for voice acting either.

Does his voice sound off or is it just me? Like is he doing a voice or anything or is it just his normal voice? Maybe it was just the reading of that one line in the trailer that seemed weird. It threw me off too.

Yeah I think it was both the line and the way he delivered that line, as it was definitely weird. But I also think just his voice in general is a little weird for animation. I dunno, when I hear him speak in that certain tone of his I immediately think Jesse Pinkman, and it's hard to reconcile that voice as the voice of an animated character. Perhaps they knew this, and that's why they made his character kinda Jesse Pinkman-ish?

Blog Entries

Yeah he has a raspy and somewhat deep voice which is hot, but I don't think that exactly translates well to animation. It's definitely not cartoony or over the top at all.

I still think it would have been funny/awesome if Paul had played that crazy meth head obsessed with accounting in AD's "Ad-ventures in Hayleysitting" episode. I mean yeah, Charlie Day was pretty great in the role and more or less the perfect person to play it if you can't get Paul, but I think that would have been a lot of fun to see Paul there as an obvious shout-out to BB and Jesse. They've had Cranston on the show quite a few times as well, so it wouldn't have been unheard of.

Blog Entries

That would have been funny, especially with the whole Breaking Bad homage.

Yeah, always felt like it would have been hilarious if he showed up in that role. Sure it's obvious, but it would be nothing more than a fun shout-out/nod to a brilliant show, almost like an alternate universe animated version of Jesse Pinkman. Charlie Day was pretty awesome though so it worked out…and they did their own little meta-reference there by giving him the Philadelphia Flyers jersey, which was obviously a shout-out to him being on It's Always Sunny.

Blog Entries

Wtf they're on the cover of the rolling stone magazine.

http://instagram.com/p/pdUIljOILX/

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Oh, Rolling Stone.

Blog Entries

Also, they have an instagram profile...

http://instagram.com/bojackhorseman

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Well, anybody can make those, so that's no surprise.

Blog Entries

Yeah but it's clearly there to advertise the show, like the family guy one. It isn't fan made.

Thread Information