Page 57 of 122 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 3641

Thread: The Simpsons episode matches

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by handsome View Post
    jeesus give these matches time

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    First episode to 5 or 6 points wins, and someone else posts another match.

Blog Entries

I guess if they're going too fast, just vote for them afterward.

The Twisted World of Marge Simpson: 5 (threw in Kaine and Insanity Pepper's votes)
    Realty Bites: 7

Homer Badman: 7
    Homer the Great: 3

Moe Baby Blues: 3
    Gone Maggie Gone: 0

If anyone knows how to do a Marge episode correctly, it's Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein. The scene in Twisted World where Marge just gives up is really great stuff.

Blog Entries

that's a piss rule that should not be followed tbh

Blog Entries

please suggest a better solution then!

(re: voting for matches after a new one has been posted)

Blog Entries

just let matches last longer than 5 votes tbh

Blog Entries

I don't see why people like Moe Baby Blues so much, it just seems like an okay episode for season 14. Yet it got 1st place on the ''50 best Jean episode'' list. Its not like Moe even tried to save Maggie or anything, he happens to have caught her by accident. It didn't even make much sense how Maggie was shot out of the car. I guess people like it for the Moe/Maggie dynamic and I can see why, but I don't think its as good as people make it out to be. Homer didn't even try to win Maggie back, even if there were occasions where Maggie went for Moe instead of him. Which also makes the ending really stupid. Its a good episode but incredibly overrated.

Gone Maggie Gone is probably the one I like better, mainly because I liked how Lisa had to solve a puzzle with the help of other Springfielders, and even the first act of Homer losing Maggie.

Moe Baby Blues: 3
    Gone Maggie Gone: 1
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Moe Baby Blues: 4

Banned
    Blog Entries

Moe Baby Blues: 5

Both great Jean-era episodes but i find Moe Baby Blues more enjoyable to watch.

Blog Entries

Moe Baby Blues: 6

Match 163 : Homer to the Max vs. Homer the Father
    Homer to the Max : 1
    Homer the Father : 0

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Homer the Father is good for season 22, but come on.

Homer to the Max: 2
    Homer the Father: 0

Blog Entries

Would've picked Gone Maggie Gone. Probably the best HD ep. Simply brilliant in every way.

Homer to the Max: 3
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Homer The Father is one of the most overrated HD episodes ever. The plot just is not very good and the third act brings the episode down even more.
    Homer To The Max doesn't have a great third act either, but it's still less ridiculous than Homer The Father's, and it has some okay satire on environmentalists.
    It's also a funnier episode overall, even though I only think it's a 7.

Homer to the Max: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Homer the Father: 1

Homer The Father is not perfect but it´s still one of the most enjoyable hd-episodes. Homer To The Max is overrated. The first act is good but the rest is meh.

Homer the Father: 2

Max was fine, but Father's more enjoyable.

Blog Entries

Homer to the Max is not that great and the 3rd act compeltely ruins it. The third act in Homer the Father goes a bit overtop aswell but it was done better, and I kinda liked the Homer/Bart dynamic. Its one of the better episodes in the HD era.

Homer the Father: 3

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

I don't see why people always say Homer to the Max's third act is so awful. Yeah, it's not as funny as the first two acts but it's still pretty goid.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

The third act of Homer to the Max is awful (a complete derailment of whatever plot the episode had before and it doesn't make sense. I mean, why do Homer and Marge even go with them or allow themselves to be chained to the trees? And then it just gets even stupider once the cops show up), but so are the first two acts. Homer the Father isn't good, but it's not as bad.

Homer the Father: 4

Blog Entries

In the 3rd act of Homer to the Max the plot isn't even about Homer having another name anymore, its just him and Marge attending a pointless party followed by a pointless protest where Homer goes full cartoony and manages to ''saw'' down every tree. Its a typical Scully-esque 3rd act, where a lot of his episodes suffer from. In Homer the Father they were still continue'ing the plot of Bart paying off his new bike to the Chinese, and how Homer interfered. The ending is still rather silly but not nearly as bad.

Blog Entries

The problem with Homer to the Max's third act isn't humor. After the first two acts, the episode pretty much runs out of ideas for Homer's adventures under a new name, so they throw in a random bit about being chained to the trees. Homer the Father isn't amazing either, especially the whole nuclear secrets bit, but at least most of it makes sense.

Homer the Father: 5

Blog Entries

Homer to the Max: 5

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Homer to the Max: 6

Both of these episodes suffer from a bad third act but apart from that they are both above average for their seasons. I'd say Homer To The Max is funnier overall, but this was a close one.

NO MORE SAGGY DIAPER PAINS!!!
    Blog Entries

Homer to the Max: 7

Blog Entries

Match 164: Little Big Girl vs. Apocalypse Cow

Little Big Girl: 0
    Apocalypse Cow: 1

Little Big Girl: 0
    Apocalypse Cow: 2

Blog Entries

Little Big Girl: 1
    Apocalypse Cow: 2

Blog Entries

Both meh episodes. I never liked Darcy in Little Big Girl, and the main plot feels rather odd for a Simpsons episode for having Bart travel around with a pregnant girl. Atleast Lisa's subplot was fun. Apocalypse Cow is probably better because of the dynamic with Bart and his cow, and Mary Spuckler wasn't annoying yet.

Little Big Girl: 1
    Apocalypse Cow: 3

Blog Entries

i spank it to little big girl more so

Little Big Girl: 2

Blog Entries

Both pretty bad, but...

Little Big Girl: 3

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

Apocalypse Cow is an absolutely horrid episode. Bart's "relationship" with the cow is tediously uninteresting, Lisa is annoying, Mary Spuckler is in it, it features a bunch of lazy redneck jokes, and the third act features what is possibly the most clumsily shoved-in danger of the entire series, which also involves Homer and Marge being both unbelievably stupid (i.e. they think he is going to a "laughter house" even though he is dressed up as a cow). Little Big Girl is vastly superior.

Little Big Girl: 4

Blog Entries

Little Big Girl has a very mediocre scenario, with the absurd way how Bart gets his driving license, the uninteresting main story about Bart being in love with a pregnant teenager, the bland and annoying character that Darcy is, the boring sub story with Lisa, a lot of failed jokes... Apocalypse Cow is not good, but way better than the horrible Little Big Girl.

Little Big Girl: 4
    Apocalypse Cow: 4

Thread Information