Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons episode matches

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

And Maggie Makes Three: 1
    Lisa's First Word: 2

I love And Maggie Makes Three so much. It showcases Homer's caring side really well, which we don't see enough.

Banned
    Blog Entries

And Maggie Makes Three: 1
    Lisa's First Word: 3

I currently rank Lisa´s First Word among my all-time favorites althought And Makes Maggie Makes Three is a classic aswell.

And Maggie Makes Three: 2

AMMT is funnier and the ending gives me a lump in the throat every single time.

Season 6, dude.

And Maggie Makes Three: 3

Love both of these episodes, but the touching ending of AMMT makes it win by a nose.

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And Maggie Makes Three: 4

AMMT is my favourite flashback episode.

Thought I'd make it interesting with two episodes that very few people like. It'll be interesting to see which wins...

Moonshine River: 0
    Love is a Many Splintered Thing: 0

Moonshine River: 1

Both are bad, but even if Moonshine River is boring and stupid and poorly-executed and doesn't get a TARDIS cameo, it's still better than Love is a Many Splintered Thing, which just ruins the characters in it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Moonshine River: 2

Moonshine River is a extremely bad episode but it still dosen´t reach the awfulness of Love Is A Many Splintered Thing. Atleast Moonshine River is for the most part only terribly boring.

Blog Entries

We didn't finish the last match, so I still need one of these to reach 5 points:

Meanwhile...

Love is a Many Splintered Thing: 1

Moonshine River is a completely botched version of The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson, which makes it seem even worse. That's not saying that Love is a Many-Splintered Thing is any good, either. Apocalypse Cow easily beats these two episodes.
    Last edited by pilcrow; 05-30-2014 at 02:23 PM.

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Moonshine River: 3

Although I liked Mary's character design better in the latter.

In a perfect world, I'd be able to add a write-in vote for the far superior and "not written by Tim Long" Apocalypse Cow.
    I actually liked both Bart and Mary in that ep instead of finding them either boring or reprehensible.

I didn't choose that one because I know it's not nearly as despised.

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    We didn't finish the last match, so I still need one of these to reach 5 points:

Meanwhile...

Moonshine River is a completely botched version of The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson, which makes it seem even worse. That's not saying that Love is a Many-Splintered Thing is any good, either.
    Oh, I didn't know there was a specific ending point. Sorry about jumping the gun.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Moonshine River: 4
    Love Is A Many-Splintered Thing: 1

Moonshine River is absolutely awful, but Love Is A Many-Splintered Thing is so bad it almost shares the #1 worst episode with Lisa Goes Gaga.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

We still need several more votes for both of these matches.

A source of fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lisa's First Word: 4

Love is a Many Splintered Thing: 2
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

...And Maggie Makes Three is one of the funniest episodes of the series. It has so many great moments, my favourites being "Aaronson and Zykowski are the two biggest gossips in town" and "This is getting very abstract, but thank you, I do enjoy working at the bowling alley." (That whole scene). The emotion is okay as well. Lisa's First Word isn't nearly as funny, and while it is a pretty good episode, I find it overrated. It's just way too saccharine for my tastes (especially the ending).

And Maggie Makes Three: 5

Moonshine River doesn't stand out to me as a really terrible episode. It's just merely bad (I probably hate Apocalypse Cow even more than it). On the other hand, Love is a Many Splintered Thing is really terrible. Bart acting like Woody Allen (and a cut-out of Woody Allen coming to life) is just one of the dumbest things the show has ever done, and both Bart and Marge have what is possibly their worst characterizations ever (they are contenders, at least).

Moonshine River: 5

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And Maggie Makes Three: 6

I couldn't care less about about the other match
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanity Pepper View Post
    both Bart and Marge have what is possibly their worst characterizations ever (they are contenders, at least).
    This is probably one of Bart's worst episodes, with What To Expect When Bart's Expecting deserving to be mentioned along there as well. Though as horribly characterized as he is, it's Marge who I absolutely can't stand in this episode. I really don't understand AT ALL what Homer had done wrong this time. At this point, she's just getting mad at him for no reason. But to go so far as to throw his son out? Seriously?! He's just suffering tough emotional heartbreak and she is all like "Fuck you, Bart, 'cause... Eh, I don't know, just fuck you!". I also can't fucking BELIEVE how godawful the scene with Bart and Homer at a poolparty with celebrities is. Zero humor I tell you. ZERO HUMOR.
    It's amazing how close it is to being the worst episode ever. I'm almost beginning to hate it even more than "Lisa Goes Gaga", just because of how it betrays The Simpsons and their characters.

Blog Entries

Really hard match between AMMT and LSW, but I think And Maggie Makes Three is only very slightly better. Its the ebst flashback episode there is, and one of my favorites of the show.

And Maggie Makes Three: 7

As for the other match.... ehm...

But yeah I'd vote Moonshine River thanks to Marge's bitchy behaviour in Love is a Many Splintered Thing.

Moonshine River: 6
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

And with that, I'd say both matches are decisively finished.

Blog Entries

Match 9: A Fish Called Selma Vs. The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons

Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 06-01-2014 at 04:30 PM.

Blog Entries

I'll be the oddball here and call out for The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons. A Fish Called Selma is good, but I've always found it quite overrated. Hell, it was even one of those few classic episodes I didn't really like until after a few watches. Troy McClure and the Planet Of The Apes-parody is great, but it otherwise feels a bit weak compared to other episodes in season 7 that are just so much better (Who Shot Mr. Burns? Part Two, Home-Sweet-Home-Diddly-Dum-Doodily and Homer The Smithers for example).
    The other episode though has me totally roaring with laughter every fucking minute each time I see it. It's extremely overlooked and couldn't have done a better job at establishing the Apu-Manjula-relationship. (Which unfortunately took a bad turn later, but worked for a few episodes)

A Fish Called Selma: 0
    The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons: 1
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 06-01-2014 at 05:30 PM.

A Fish Called Selma: 1
    The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons: 1

I really do love them both, but AFCS just takes the cake for me.

A source of fun Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A Fish Called Selma: 1
    The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons: 2

Wow, this was hard. Both of these episodes are underwhelming.

Blog Entries

I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised that the second episode seems to be more liked than I thought.

Blog Entries

A Fish Called Selma: 2

Blog Entries

Kudos for making another really close match, because both of these episodes are so great. The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons is hilarious, but it has a nice story beneath it (not as emotional, but still a nice story). On the other hand, A Fish Called Selma..."Stop the Planet of the Apes, I Want to Get Off." Come on. It also gives Troy McClure the spotlight he deserves. It was a tough choice, but...

A Fish Called Selma: 3

A Fish Called Selma: 4

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A Fish Called Selma: 5
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

A Fish Called Selma is underrated (as most classic-era Selma episodes are), while The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons is just pretty average.

A Fish Called Selma: 6

Thread Information