Page 12 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons episode matches

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    Lisa Gets an "A" is a season 10 highlight, but there's no way it can compete with Bart Gets an "F". "I tried, I really tried, I really tried this time!" gets me every time.
    Still, you have to admit it's pretty hard to hold back your tears when Marge cooks the laughter and Homer is devastated at it being dead. When I was little, that scene shocked me even more since I was more active in animal rights, even though I'm still a vegetarian.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

I found the Pinchy subplot to be for comedic effect more than anything. Maybe this means I don't have a soul, but I was laughing when Homer was mourning the lobster while eating it.

EDIT: It's kind of like the Snowball subplot of I, (Annoyed Grunt)-Bot in that even though you see a character die and a sad Simpson, it's not trying to be emotional.
    Last edited by pilcrow; 06-19-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Blog Entries

I found the Pinchy subplot to be for comedic effect more than anything. Maybe this means I don't have a soul, but I was laughing when Homer was mourning the lobster while eating it.
    Don't take me wrong, I laughed very hard at that scene, but also found it really sad.

Blog Entries

Bart Gets an "F": 2
    Lisa Gets an "A": 2

Both pretty great episodes but "Bart Gets an F" is a classic.

You know a better match up could have been Bart gets and F vs Barts Dog gets an F

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    Bart Gets an "F": 2

Both pretty great episodes but "Bart Gets an F" is a classic.

You know a better match up could have been Bart gets and F vs Barts Dog gets an F
    That would have been too easy. I like match-ups that are challenging, like the two babysitter-episodes, where I loved both of them really much.

Blog Entries

I'd say for me personally that would be a much harder choice.

Blog Entries

I was considering that for a sec but I found this match-up to be more interesting, and is atleast more on par with each othe with the story.

These episodes are basically the opposites of each other, Bart gets a low grade and feels bad, Lisa gets a good grade and feels bad. Bart Gets an ''F'' is more emotional while Lisa Gets an ''A'' is really funny.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

We can always do Bart Gets an "F" vs. Bart's Dog Gets an "F" next. Someone should also make Bart's Dog Gets an "F" vs. Dog of Death.

the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Someone should also make Bart's Dog Gets an "F" vs. Dog of Death.
    I thought we weren't doing joke matches, though.

Blog Entries

I'd say for me personally that would be a much harder choice.
    Really? That's interesting, people often dismiss Bart's Dog Get an "F" as being one of the least entertaining classic era-episodes.
    Personally I don't agree with them, but I still think Bart Gets an "F" is better. I never knew Martin could be so hilarious!

Blog Entries

It'll get boring if we keep using the same episodes, I'd rather see other interesting match-ups.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

This is a very easy choice for me, as it would be if it was Bart Gets an "F" vs. Bart's Dog Gets an "F."

Bart Gets an "F": 3

Executive Vice President Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bart Gets an F: 4
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bart Gets an F: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bart Gets an F: 6
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Bart Gets an F: 6
    Lisa Gets an "A": 3

Blog Entries

Match #34

Life on the Fast Lane

vs.

The Last Temptation of Homer

Blog Entries

Tough one, but for me, relationship episodes work better when they're done on Marge's side. It probably won't be the popular opinion, but I'll pick Life on the Fast Lane.

Life on the Fast Lane: 1
    The Last Temptation of Homer: 0

Blog Entries

The Last Temptation of Homer: 2

The Last Temptation of Homer: 2
    Financial Panther you added 2 by mistake
    "Trying is the first step to failure" - Homer Simpson
    Simpsons: Best Episode/Worst Episode Per Season
    1:Life On The Fast Lane/The Telltale Head2:One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Homer VS. Lisa and The 18th Commandment 3:Homer At The Bat/The Otto Show 4:Marge VS. The Monorail/Selma's Choice 5: Cape Feare/Homer and Apu 6:Who Shot Mr.Burns (Part 1)/Bart's Girlfriend 7:Homer The Smithers/ The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular 8: Homer VS. The EIghteenth Amendment/Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9: The Cartridge Family/All Singing, All Dancing 10:The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace/Homer Simpson in "Kidney Trouble" 11:Missionary: Impossible/It's A Mad Mad Mad Marge 12: Hungry, Hungry Homer/The Great Money Caper 13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/Brawl In The Family 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Break My Wife, Please 15: Simple Simpson/Bart Mangled Banner 16: Thank God It's Doomsday/On A Clear Day I Can't See My Sister 17: Girls Just Wanna Have Sums/Marge and Homer Turn A Couple Play 18: Marge Gamer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Dial 'N' for Nerder/Papa Don't Leech 20: Eeny Teeny Maya Moe/The Burns and The Bees 21: The Bob Next Door/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer The Father/Elementary School Musical 23: How I Wet Your Mother/Treehouse of Horror XXII 24: The Saga of Carl/Moonshine River 25:Brick Like Me/The Kid is Alright

Blog Entries

Whoopsie-doodle.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

Life on the Fast Lane is good but not really spectacular, and The Last Temptation of Homer is a great episode. They both handled the temptation of an extramarital affair well, but The Last Temptation of Homer manages to be convincing while also hilarious.

The Last Temptation of Homer: 3

Blog Entries

Life on the Fast Lane: 2
    The Last Temptation of Homer: 3

I like "The Last Temptation Of Homer", but I think it's overrated.
    You can't beat the ever-so-great Jaques though, so I'll go with "Life On The Fast Lane".

The Last Temptation of Homer: 4

Blog Entries

Life on the Fast Lane isn't that special, it didn't even make much sense why Marge would go back to Homer. The Last Temptation of Homer is way better and funnier, and Mindy is a much better character than Jaques.

The Last Temptation of Homer: 5

Banned
    Blog Entries

The Last Temptation of Homer: 6

Fast Lane is a great episode but it´s lacking in humor and they didin´t explain poperly why Marge went back to Homer. The Last Temptation Of Homer manages to handle emotion just as well while being hilarious at the same time.

Blog Entries

Match 35: Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie Vs. A Star Is Burns

Banned
    Blog Entries

Itchy&Scratchy: The Movie: 0
    A Star Is Burns: 1

Both terrific episodes but i find A Star Is Burns ever-so-slightly funnier. (It used to be one of my favorite episodes actually)

Blog Entries

Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie: 1

As a movie fan, I find both episodes very fun to watch.
    Nothing wrong with I&S:TM, but I always find it so uncomfortable to watch it almost borders on angst rather than comedy. You can really feel Bart's pain.
    On the other hand, it's still less flawed. Jay Sherman is just a really boring character.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 02-06-2015 at 08:52 PM.

Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie: 2

Thread Information