Page 1 of 86 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 26 Information Thread

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Season 26 Information Thread

Season 26 Information Thread

The following information regards The Simpsons Season 26 (2014-2015)

Updates:
    5/11: New episode title "Barthood"
    5/10: Directors for all announced Season 27 episodes
    5/7: Kristen Bell and David Copperfield will guest star in Friend with Benefit
    5/7: Writers for Lisa With An "S," Halloween of Horror, Friend With Benefit,
    5/5: Writer for Treehouse of Horror XXVI

Thanks to Simpsons Forever! for providing the template for this thread.

Regards to 6F01, biffwestwood, Blobulle, Dark Homer, Gran2, jbauer, lionelhutz123, McClure, MDB, Nameless, OttoMann14, qwerasdf, SimpsonArgentina, simpsonsbart, That Don Guy, WeaselStomper, Matty, 20thCenturyBox, and everyone else who contributes over the next year, helping to keep this thread topped up with the latest information.

The information below is as accurate as when last updated, but could change at any time, so make sure you check this post regularly and we’ll keep it updated with all the latest news concerning the 26th Season.

Loose Ends
    • Entering this season the series has aired 552 of 574 ordered episodes (Entertainment Weekly)
    • Season 26 is Al Jean's fourteenth consecutive season as Executive Producer. Combined with his two years as EP for seasons 3 & 4, he has executive produced over half of the episodes of the show.

Aired Episodes

September 28, 2014: Clown in the Dumps (SABF20)
    October 5, 2014: The Wreck of the Relationship (SABF17)
    October 12, 2014: Super Franchise Me (SABF19)
    October 19, 2014: Treehouse of Horror XXV (SABF21)
    November 2, 2014: Opposites A-Frack
    November 9, 2014: Simpsorama
    November 16, 2014: Blazed and Confused
    November 16, 2014: Covercraft
    December 7, 2014: I Won't Be Home For Christmas
    January 4, 2015: The Man Who Came To Be Dinner
    January 11, 2015: Bart's New Friend
    January 25, 2015: The Musk Who Fell To Earth
    February 8, 2015: Walking Big and Tall
    February 15, 2015: My Fare Lady
    March 1, 2015: The Princess Guide
    March 8, 2015: Sky Police
    March 14, 2015: Waiting for Duffman
    April 19, 2015: Peeping Mom
    April 26, 2015: The Kids Are All Fight
    May 3, 2015: Let's Go Fly A Coot
    May 10, 2015: Bull*E
    May 16, 2015: Mathlete's Feat

Upcoming Episodes

TABF16 - Mathlete's Feat- May 17, 2015
    • Season finale.
    • "Lisa and other kids on the Springfield Elementary Mathlympics Team compete against Waverly Hills Elementary... Springfield has a natural genius... who uses ancient techniques to compute geometric figures... [and] helps the Mathletes."(simpsonsmath.com)
    • Rick & Morty crossover couch gag. (Bubble Blabber, Al Jean via Twitter)
    • When a modernized Springfield Elementary has a technical meltdown, Lisa transforms it into a Waldorf school. Meanwhile, Groundskeeper Willie becomes the coach of the mathletes. (Spoiler TV)

Next Season

TABF14 - Every Man's Dream
    • Season 27 premiere
    • Homer is diagnosed with narcolepsy, but instead of returning home with his prescription medication, he returns home drunk. He and Marge visit a marriage counselor and have a trial separation, during which Homer begins dating a 20-something pharmacist named Candace (voiced by Lena Dunham).(Hollywood Reporter)
    • Allison Williams, Zosia Mamet, and Jemima Kirke play Candace’s friends, who are not sold on the new man in her life. Says Jean: "They’re asking her the question that anybody normally would: 'Why Homer?,' fulfilling the role that Patty and Selma have played on the show all these years." In addition, radio talk show host Laura Ingraham plays a therapist who finds no hope in Homer and Marge's marriage. (Entertainment Weekly
    • Written by J. Stewart Burns (Entertainment Weekly)
    • Directed by Matthew Nastuk. (Al Jean via Twitter)

TABF17 - 'Cue Detective

TABF18 - Treehouse of Horror XXVI

TABF19 - Puffless (Instagram)

TABF20 - Lisa with an 'S' (Instagram)

TABF21 - Friend with Benefit
    • Written by Rob LaZebnik. (Al Jean via Twitter)
    • Kristen Bell will play a very wealthy, semi-spoiled friend of Lisa. In an episode titled “Friend With Benefit,” which is slated to air early next season, Lisa makes a new pal at school named Harper (Bell), whose internet billionaire father becomes buddies with a different Simpson: Homer. Soon, though, Lisa becomes worried that Harper is a little too entitled. “She’s a great friend… if you do everything she says,” Simpsons executive producer Al Jean tells EW. Additionally, David Copperfield has a small role in the episode. (Entertainment Weekly)
    • Directed by Matthew Faughnan. (Al Jean via Twitter)

TABF22 - Halloween of Horror (Twitter)

VABF01 - Paths of Glory (Al Jean via Twitter, Al Jean via Twitter)

VABF02 - Barthood (Simpsons Wiki)

Resources
    The Copyright Office Catalog - Titles of upcoming episodes will show up here when they are copyrighted.
    Fox Flash - Fox's official resource for press releases and promotional images.
    Many people who work on the show can be found on Twitter. Here's a list of some, but be aware as sources of new info their mileage varies greatly:

James L. Brooks
    J Stewart Burns (not active)
    John Frink
    Stephanie Gillis
    Al Jean
    Brian Kelley
    Jon Kern
    Rob LaZebnik
    Chris Ledesma
    Tim Long
    Jeff Martin
    David Mirkin
    Carolyn Omine
    Michael Price
    Mike Scully
    Matt Selman
    David Silverman
    Jeff Westbrook
    Marc Wilmore
    Jon Vitti

Warning: Bad Media Sources!
    Because of consistently false information that these sources have provided in the past, please do not take information from IMDB, TV.com, The Sun/The Star (UK), or Wikipedia seriously. Likewise, fake episode titles/plots and other false information posted will be ignored by the thread starter and the moderators in charge of maintaining this post. Thanks in advance.

Or, if you are still catching up with the previous season, see:
    Season 25 Information Thread
    Last edited by Matty; 05-11-2015 at 10:30 AM.

Blog Entries

To help keep this thread focused and free of bloat, posts that don't pertain to Season 26 information will be moved to this thread.

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

I've remarked that, in the latest THOHs, Bart physically "turns" into someone else:

THOH XXII: He turns into his avatar self.
    THOH XXIII: He turns into Bartie Ziff, his alternative timeline self.
    THOH XXIV: His head is grafted on Lisa's shoulder, and he manages at a certain point to control her body.

It's quite possible that he physically "turns" into someone else in the new THOH. And, it's quite possible that, in this THOH or a future THOH, he transfers his mind into another body...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    The hilarious adventures continue this fall, when KRUSTY (Castellaneta) plans to retire;
    If this is in the season premiere, then I think that  Krusty will be the one that dies.  I mean, it makes sense. Think of all the evidence we've got: the episode is called "Clown in The Dumps", Krusty will be retiring, Al Jean has said that the character dieing will do so in a "comedic way", and above all else, Krusty has a freakin' pacemaker. How do people keep overlooking that?

You guys can keep thinking that Rabbi Krustofski is the one that's gonna die, but I think I'm on to something here.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

He also said the character wasn't iconic so I doubt it will be Krusty.

Al Jean said they will trick us about the character's death. Maybe it's already started, and maybe the title is tricking us too!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    Al Jean said they will trick us about the character's death.
    Where did he say this?

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

I have a really weird feeling that this season is just going to be REALLY wacky and I don't know why...
    I hope it's on par with Season 25 at the MINIMUM
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe it’s just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Upcoming Episodes
    SABF20 - Clown in the Dumps - September, 2014(Al Jean Twitter)
    • Jean teased that an established Simpsons character is on their way to the great beyond. “We’re working on a script where a character will pass away,” he confirmed. “I’ll give a clue: The actor who plays the character won an Emmy for playing that character. I won’t say who it is.” (Comic Book Resources) Hank Azaria confirms the character to be killed off is not one of his. The episode set to air as Season 26 premiere. (Entertainment Weekly)
    • You can speculate about this episode here: 'Simpsons' plots to kill off another character ... but who?

SABF16 - Simpsorama (Imgur)
    • There will be a Futurama crossover episode. The plot will revolve around bad boys Bender and Bart: “Bender has to come back from the future to kill Bart because there’s something that Bart does now that makes the future really, really, really bad,” says Al Jean. The crossover episode was penned by Simpsons co-executive producer J. Stewart Burns, who has also written for Futurama. It is slated to air on Fox as either the season 25 finale in May 2014 or as the season 26 premiere in fall 2014. (InsideTV Entertainment Weekly)
    • Jean says the episode will air in the fall, but it won't be the season premiere because that's the big death episode ... unless they're one in the same??? (Give Me My Remote)
    • You can discuss this episode here: Simpsons/Futurama Crossover on The Simpsons (2014)

SABF21 - Treehouse of Horror XXV
    • David Silverman teases involvement on Treehouse of Horror XXV, working on opening.(David Silverman Twitter) (David Silverman Twitter)
    • “[Next season]‘s Halloween [episode], we have a segment that is inspired by the movie, THE OTHERS, where it turns out the ghosts of the Tracey Ullman’s SIMPSONS are haunting the Simpsons’ house,” Jean teased. “That was a really great segment to do. And we have a few characters from the very distant past.” (Give Me My Remote)
    • Kubrick inspired parody to come. (Al Jean via Twitter)

RABF15 - The Man Who Came To Be Dinner - January, 2015 (Al Jean Twitter)
    • "We're going to be visiting Kang and Kodos' home planet," teases executive producer Al Jean, who cowrote the episode. "This is the first time we've used the aliens not for a Halloween episode. It will be really funny to see where they live and what they do." And how does America's favorite yellow family get looped into the insanity? "They go to an amusement park where the lines for the rides are terrible, except for this one rocket called Journey to Your Future." Far out! Directed by David Silverman. (TV Guide, David Silverman/Twitter)
    • The Simpsons board the wrong ride on a trip to “Dizzneeland” and are transported through the galaxy to Kang and Kodos’ home planet, where the inhabitants try to eat Homer in a giant fondue. (premiere-dates-for-so-you-think-you-can-dance-masterchef-more/177782/]TVLine)
    These are the only episodes I know for sure I will watch.
    "The Wreck Of The Relationship"? That just sounds like... I mean, really? REALLY??? Another fucking marriage crisis episode?! WE'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THAT BULLSHIT!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creep View Post
    Other weird dreams I had
    - I was going to see a Rush concert, and the opening act was Bill Cosby

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Space camp

I hesitate to point out that we don't actually know what "The Wreck of the Relationship" is about...
    Season 30 Ratings
    Bart's Not Dead C- Heartbreak Hotel ​D My Way or the Highway to Heaven ​D- Treehouse of Horror XXIX ​C- Baby You Can't Drive My Car ​B+ From Russia Without Love ​B- Werking Mom ​C Krusty the Clown ​B

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I hesitate to point out that we don't actually know what "The Wreck of the Relationship" is about...
    Any other theories?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    Where did he say this?
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/11/si...haracter-dies/

And "relationship" also means "kinship"...

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

I'm baaaack! Patches O'houlihan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only 'ship' worth a damn is friendship.
    Well, ya'know if you stay positive and forget about trivial things like "proper characterization," "Satire," and "emotional depth" watching new Simpsons episodes can be a seemingly enjoyable lie.

I tried watching a new episode the Simpsons, but I realized the show hit a new low, like a brand new, underground parking structure of sadness.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Technically, this is Season 26 information, but it doesn't deal with specific Season 26 episodes, so feel free to move it to the Too Hot thread.

There will be only one baseball pre-emption on Fox this year; October 26 (World Series Game 4). The League Championship Series that would normally be on Fox will be on Fox Sports 1 starting this year.

On the other hand, here is the list of Fox's NFL football doubleheader days:
    September 7 and 28
    October 12 and 19
    November 9 and 16
    December 7, 14, and 28
    Okay, NFL doubleheader games rarely run past 8 PM Eastern, but it does happen, so program your DVRs accordingly. (I do tend to post warnings to the The Simpsons Archive page on Facebook, and I think Fox has a "warning service" on Twitter; however, last year there was a Sunday where the game ended 15 minutes early but the talking heads on the postgame show talked for something like 20.)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Patches O'houlihan View Post
    The only 'ship' worth a damn is friendship.
    Lisa Simpson disagrees.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

Simpsorama will be the first episode to air in November.
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Technically, this is Season 26 information, but it doesn't deal with specific Season 26 episodes, so feel free to move it to the Too Hot thread.

There will be only one baseball pre-emption on Fox this year; October 26 (World Series Game 4). The League Championship Series that would normally be on Fox will be on Fox Sports 1 starting this year.

On the other hand, here is the list of Fox's NFL football doubleheader days:
    September 7 and 28
    October 12 and 19
    November 9 and 16
    December 7, 14, and 28
    Okay, NFL doubleheader games rarely run past 8 PM Eastern, but it does happen, so program your DVRs accordingly. (I do tend to post warnings to the The Simpsons Archive page on Facebook, and I think Fox has a "warning service" on Twitter; however, last year there was a Sunday where the game ended 15 minutes early but the talking heads on the postgame show talked for something like 20.)
    With the FOX network post season baseball schedule only having the World Series games, if a game is rained out, it is less likely to screw around with the FOX schedule especially if it is a game before the World Series.

An event similar to 9/11 that causes flight delays/cancellations could still happen but lets hope not for the safety of everyone.

Blog Entries

Does that really need to be said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot73 View Post
    I have a really weird feeling that this season is just going to be REALLY wacky and I don't know why...
    I hope it's on par with Season 25 at the MINIMUM
    After seeing how crazy many episodes in Season 25 were, I imagine season 26 is going to be insane.
    Season 1: The humble beginnings -- Seasons 2-8: The classic era -- Season 9: The first season where noticeable flaws began to appear -- Season 10: The last decent season -- Season 11: The first BAD season -- Season 12: The last season with episodes worth watching -- Seasons 13-Present: Zombie Simpsons

Blog Entries

Scully era 2.0 incoming? Just without Scully being the actual showrunner

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yeah, seems we are in for a era that will make the Scully-era or even *gulp* season 24 look like classic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by biffwestwood View Post
    An event similar to 9/11 that causes flight delays/cancellations could still happen but lets hope not for the safety of everyone.
    Why hasn't this been included in the main post?
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

I'm fine with Season 26 being absolutely insane. At worst, the risks would fail badly, which has already happened many times, so it's not that big a deal. At best, the risks will pay off and we will get interesting, memorable, entertaining episodes (relatively).

Blog Entries

In terms of the HD era, I don't think season 25 was any wackier than the other seasons; if anything, it was more down-to-earth than the other seasons. (Season 21 is definitely the wackiest HD season, with crazy episodes like The Great Wife Hope and Stealing First Base...most of which were executed badly) I'm okay with several episodes per season to be wackier for the sake of humor, but I really don't want a second Scully era, especially if the jokes are going to be subpar.

Blog Entries

One upcoming episode is named "Blazed And Confused". Another drug episode, it seems? Not that there have been that many at all, the only one I know about so far is "Weekend At Burnsie's" (GREAT episode by the way).

Blog Entries

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

We already had much of that information but big football lead eh? Might it be the NFC Championship Game then...or a playoff game at any rate. Those always seem to have the highest ratings for the season so expect that episode to break 10 million.

Santa's Little Helper Bart The Lover's Avatar
    Blog Entries

EDNA REPLACED?

NOOOOO!!!!

NED FINALLY HAS THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE AND WERE JUST GONNA SEE EDNA NODDING OR STARING AT THE DISTANCE!!!???
    遠く、遠く、風で舞い上がる雲の上、
    ハヤブサは、空のようサイレント、一人で飛ぶ
    私は彼の孤独な叫びを聞く、
    彼は休むことができないことは、
    私は、空の曲がりくねった道に沿ってあなたと歩く
    私達は私達が愛するものから遠くだし、返すことはできませんことは、
    我々は再び見ることができないことは、私たちの出生国、

とき、私は今まで私の自宅を呼び出すための場所を見つけるのだろうか?
    悲しみは空に鷹のように旋回し、
    ときに私が今まで私の心を話す方法を見つけるだろう、
    知っている人には、一人に何ですか?

Glad to see David Hyde Pierce is back, I really hope he will be returning as Cecil.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bart The Lover View Post
    EDNA REPLACED?

NOOOOO!!!!

NED FINALLY HAS THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE AND WERE JUST GONNA SEE EDNA NODDING OR STARING AT THE DISTANCE!!!???
    she died dude

Thread Information