View Poll Results: Is Roger the ultimate Decider?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 Roger is a excellent Decider

5 71.43%
  • 4/5 He's pretty good at deciding, isn't he?

1 14.29%
  • 3/5 Try harder, Roger. You can do it.

0 0%
  • 2/5 You suck as a Decider, Roger! I'll take over!

1 14.29%
  • 1/5 Well, I decide that this episode blows!

0 0%

Thread: R&R - American Dad!: Weiner Of Our Discontent

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post R&R - American Dad!: Weiner Of Our Discontent

Now, I'm not sure if there already is a poll for this one, but I think this episode is just absolutely AMAZING. Extremely funny, very well-written and with a excellent punchline-ending. This has to one my absolute favorite so far.
    But who knows, maybe someone disagree with me? I suspect @MindQuad love it, but you others... Give your views too.
    @1010011010 @Insanity Pepper @pkkao @Wendy Windbag @kupomong @Swoony @Ryan @Dark Homer @Smiling Politely @Startug @ThaSimpsonz

Now I'll guess more people'll tag along!
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 05-09-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

lol yes @Dark Homer give your views on an american dad episode
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

I wanted to share my thought on this episode when I first saw this thread, but unfortunately I haven't seen this episode in the longest time. I'll have to rewatch it and after i'll post my review here.

Blog Entries

Haven't seen the episode, and I don't plan to in the near future either.

pkkao out.

It's actually one of my favorite episodes. The plots seem to come together nicely at the end, and I definitely cracked up throughout and I did love the ending (though the animal death put me off a tiny bit but still made me laugh). I often find myself always wanting to say "I've got BIG STUFF going on" whenever I want to illustrate I have something important to do.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Didn't like it, although I don't like much AD! which makes this somewhat redundant
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

By far one of my favorite episodes. Hilarious, creative, well-written, and excellent performance by Seth. Seeing Roger's real reason for being sent to Earth, and his reaction to this knowledge, showed a different side to him than his usual schtick, which was great. Stan, while funny, was a bit insufferable with his constant laughter and "Oh, look who DECIDED to come to dinner!" I also love Francine chewing Stan out to stand up for Roger, and it was incredibly sweet when Stan gave Roger his epipen (even though it backfired later) and the look he shared with Francine after. One thing I have always loved about them is their willingness to take in and provide love to someone who needed it as much as their own children.

The ending is priceless, one of my favorite endings to an AD episode.

Blog Entries

Hey, how do you edit a poll option? I accidentally wrote "it" instead of "he" as the last word in the 4/5-option.

Blog Entries

It's funny, I used to think Roger was annoying when I hadn't seen much of the show, but now I think he's freakin' great

Curiouser and curiouser MindQuad's Avatar

Hell yeah Rogers great. Funniest cartoon character of all time, imo.

As for this episode, yes, it's amazing. Being the star of the show in many peoples minds, Roger surprisingly doesn't get that many starring episodes (anywhere from 2-6 a season), but the ones he does are almost all killer, and this is no exception (heck, it is in season 4, which is almost flawless). I actually made a top 50 a while ago and one of my biggest blunders was not including this episode, but fuck man, this show has so many goddamn stellar episodes it was a task and a half to do the list as is.

Anyway, yeah, brilliant episode. One of the few episodes that really delves into Rogers past and shows us the reason he was sent to earth in the first place. It's also a great character twist to have him find out that this whole time he was lied to by his species as to what his purpose on earth was, and how finding out the truth completely crushes him. The end when Stan comes to the realization that Roger was only acting out because he wanted to matter and feel important is so well-handled and as @Sunny_Skies said, it was a great bonding moment for them at the end when Stan gave Roger his epi-pen (interesting note: based on the commentary a lot of the writers felt like the epi-pen should have been set up earlier in the story and were concerned it wouldn't work coming out of the blue…I love their commitment to fleshing out stories but in this case it worked fine). And yes the ending is definitely one of the greatest American Dad endings of all time (ha! crawfish cookies!)…it actually reminds me of another favorite ending, the one to "Office Spaceman" when newly left-handed Francine accidentally slices Steves throat.

So yeah, easy 5/5, and you gotta love how the A and B stories come together to be essential to the climax…that's some good writing right there. But now I will say, despite how much I love this episode, it still probably wouldn't be in my top 5 Roger-centric episodes. And really, as for Roger, nothing will ever best "Frannie 911" and "The One That Got Away", two other episodes that go a long way to fleshing Roger out as a real character. But fun note for this episode for any "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia" fans: the CSI:Miami riff joke that ends the episode (before the brilliant end tag) features the voice of Glenn Howerton, and he does that amazing scream. That kinda blew my mind when I first learned that.
    Last edited by MindQuad; 05-11-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

I also love the CSI: Miami joke! Something about the line "Just get your scraper, Darren" always makes me laugh. This is slightly cruel, but I also always laugh at how everyone stares at Stan when he's having his allergic reaction and no one.....you know.....runs to call 911.

Thread Information