Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    direct floor engagement friendswithsalad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

fyi, i fucking hate the thing of splitting posts up into multiple quotes because it comes across as obnoxious but i'm quite busy and that is the easiest way to address individual points quickly

Blog Entries

again, i wonder if a ride is the best place for satire that can be easily misinterpreted. and again, i don't know enough about the ride to pass judgement and i hope i made that clear in my posts. if i didn't, well then i hope i've made that clear since that post. my point was never about the specifics of the ride.
    this is kinda disdainful and generally dismissive to theme park culture and the ride itself but I'm going to ignore this aside from one statement: this shit wasn't made strictly for kids in the 60's

it was an observation that you took personally. i mean, using faggot in a discussion about political correctness is fair game to point out.
    "also thank you for using faggot in a discussion about political correctness" is not even up to debate as being a total condescending "tsk tsk tsk" statement. you really need to learn how to word things so you don't sound like kind of a righteous prick. people dislike panther for this kinda crap. don't be like panther.

also I really need sleep so be my friend at least once tonight and don't respond to this post for like, two hours. let shaun or somebody else argue with you. we'll pick it up tomorrow.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hammster View Post
    "You make your points and don't come across as smug, condescending or precocious and that's someone I can get behind in the world of debate." is a personal attack on me.
    How, exactly? I didn't mention you by name, and I didn't intend to either because I'm not the kind of person who would stoop so low, especially towards someone who can ban me in an instant if he so chooses.

I was just saying that somebody who embodies those traits above during a debate would be hard to get behind.I didn't mean you at all, just a hypothetical person, and if you think that you yourself may have those traits then that's your problem, not mine.

I'm sorry if that was misconstrued, but again, not my intention to insult you in the first place.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    How, exactly? I didn't mention you by name, and I didn't intend to either because I'm not the kind of person who would stoop so low, especially towards someone who can ban me in an instant if he so chooses.

I was just saying that somebody who embodies those traits above during a debate would be hard to get behind.I didn't mean you at all, just a hypothetical person, and if you think that you yourself may have those traits then that's your problem, not mine.

I'm sorry if that was misconstrued, but again, not my intention to insult you in the first place.
    hahaha Pops, you cannot claim that statement was not directly aimed at me. that is madness.

Blog Entries

yeaaaaaaahhh I'm the one here on the other end of the argument but @Pops you were definitely talking about hamm.

good thing he can't take back those thumbs

Blog Entries

GO TO BED OR I'LL START ARGUING WITH YOU AGAIN @Ryan

Blog Entries

IT'S A SLOW PROCESS AND THE SUN IS ALREADY RISING WHICH REALLY SUCKS

Kid Moe

Blog Entries

hahaha Pops, you cannot claim that statement was not directly aimed at me. that is madness.
    It wasn't, but I can see why you would think so.

Look, why don't we call a truce? It wasn't really my argument in the first place and I shouldn't have jumped on the bandwagon without anything or anyone to back me up. And if I've genuinely upset you, then I'm sorry.

Blog Entries

it is kinda funny that @Shaunbadia accused me of deciding his opinion before he expressed it when that is exactly what he did to me in this thread.
    I'd just like to point out that the initial post I made in this thread was supposed to be lighthearted, hence the gif of Michigan J. Frog. Didn't think I'd spark such an argument over political correctness
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pops View Post
    It wasn't, but I can see why you would think so.

Look, why don't we call a truce? It wasn't really my argument in the first place and I shouldn't have jumped on the bandwagon. And if I've genuinely upset you, then I'm sorry.
    pops, you worry too much about this kind of thing. i didn't respond to what i deemed a personal attack (and it was, c'mon now) because why should i and how can i? but i'm not genuinely mad with anyone when i have these discussions. atleast, in the long term. i mean, me and ryan always end up kissing and making up. it's a discussion board! it'd be boring if everybody agreed all the time and it didn't get heated occasionally!

it isn't just mine and ryan's argument to have so you shouldn't worry about jumping in.

so i guess yes truce but we weren't really at war? i disagreed with you on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    I'd just like to point out that the initial post I made in this thread was supposed to be lighthearted, hence the gif of Michigan J. Frog. Didn't think I'd spark such an argument over political correctness
    oh i know, it is just a general annoyance that i have about being pigeonholed as having a load of opinions that i don't, y'know.

Blog Entries

Well, isn't this well timed. This is on the front page of imgur, and personally, I think it's quite the commendable way of dealing with such controversies.

Blog Entries

pops, you worry too much about this kind of thing. i didn't respond to what i deemed a personal attack (and it was, c'mon now) because why should i and how can i? but i'm not genuinely mad with anyone when i have these discussions. at least, in the long term. i mean, me and ryan always end up kissing and making up. it's a discussion board! it'd be boring if everybody agreed all the time and it didn't get heated occasionally!

it isn't just mine and ryan's argument to have so you shouldn't worry about jumping in.

so i guess yes truce but we weren't really at war? i disagreed with you on the internet.
    As far the the personal attack thing goes, neither of us will back down so there's no use pursuing it now, is there? That'd be silly.

I still stand by my point that I shouldn't have jumped in, I really lack the gall and brains for debate, as you can plainly see.

Maybe truce was to formal a word, let's just agree that we would never have made each other see eye to eye and this petty quarrel would have gone in a vicious circle. We are completely different people, so any chance on us agreeing on something is rather slim.

OK, I think I've said all I've needed to.

Blog Entries

i waited 2 hours so

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    you really need to learn how to word things so you don't sound like kind of a righteous prick. people dislike panther for this kinda crap. don't be like panther..
    i'm so sick of this being the centre of every debate rather than the actual words i'm saying. i get accused of being dismissive and condescending and whatever and i never fire back on that. i just don't think it is really fair or the right way to conduct a discussion. i'm sure i'm frequently irritating but pretty much everybody on this site is insufferable when you're on the other side of the debate to them. maybe i'm worse than most, i don't think so though (please don't come back at me on this with "others agree" because i know, whatever. we aren't going to agree on that)
    especially on the subject of dismissiveness. i don't want to bring this up because we've dealt with this but did you read the lipz thread? so many people just dismissing the need for the discussion and you had a go at me for being annoyed at that. you can't have it both ways. you can't defend people being dismissive when you agree with them and get annoyed by it when they don't.
    i'm dismissive of people when i think they don't have a good point. just like you are. and just like everybody on this site/world is.

i never think of having a debate with somebody as having personal issues with them. ever. we just disagree on a messageboard and it would be fucking dull if people didn't.

Gonna explode Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

people dislike panther for this kinda crap. don't be like panther.
    Ahhh, so that's it.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Life on the Fast Lane Homer’s Night Out 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy The Simpsons Spin-Off Showcase 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, (Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane 30. Daddicus Finch I Want You (She’s So Heavy) 31. Thanksgiving of Horror Warrin’ Priests (Part Two)

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    The political correctness Daily Mail readers envisage is an almost entirely fictional construct. It is to them what radfems are to the fedora wearing MRA crowd, just a spoilsport preventing them from having their fun mocking minorities and trying to utterly annihilate their culture in the process.
    I'm bringing this back up because to blow my own trumpet I think the way we view political correctness is the crux of this matter. There's no doubt examples like the one @Ryan gave aren't particularly helpful on any level, but I feel people are missing hamm's point that people use these kind of examples to fashion political correctness into a weapon against all it intends to do. Because of the sillier examples, people forget that the right-wing narrative on political correctness is a horrible horrible thing where allegedly weak, overly sensitive liberals are trying to bring down the patriarchy and have a world where blacks/women/gays/insert another minority here aren't allowed to be criticised. It's basically the old MacFarlane defence, and I don't think anyone here would say Family Guy is anything but horrible with its terrible stereotypical and sexist jokes. The kind of people who rally against political correctness loudest effectively want that same freedom to say whatever they want on the mistaken assumption that as long as you're not telling the minority group to go home or stay away from our children or whatever you aren't actually a bigot, just a wacky, out-there individual laid low by namby pamby hand-wringing lefty types.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

also @Irvine is now banned from making news threads
    Not sure if you're serious or not, but that's probably for the best.

I was honestly expecting 2 or 3 "lulz wat an idiot" posts.

Blog Entries

that would have been BORING

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Yes. Yes it would.

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Green Eggs and Ham promotes childhood obesity.

wanna live like Surströmming Elliot76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xaiv View Post
    Green Eggs and Ham promotes childhood obesity.
    In relation to OP source:

post/usertitle
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe it’s just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Xaiv

love how a thread about Dr. Seuss turned into another rape thread.
    I'm starting to think I'm surrounded by thinly veiled sex offenders

Free For All Thread? YOU MEAN A RAPE THREAD
    Simpsons General Discussion Thread? YOU MEAN A D'OHMER THREAD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot73 View Post
    if you can see this, hello
    hi

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    hi

Blog Entries

Shhh they can see that

Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    Shhh they can see that
    now you see me NOW YOU DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Irvine news thread --> hammster and Ryan argument --> invisible ink --> Lounge copy
    Last edited by pilcrow; 05-04-2014 at 01:08 PM.

ban pkkao

You gave away the secret of invisible ink
    Last edited by Elliot76; 05-04-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Blog Entries

What invisible ink?

Thread Information