Thread: Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey

Did anyone watch this after the new cartoons? It was entertaining, though it made me want to be an animator more than a scientist, some of the imagery was phenomenal. There's a definite demonizing of Catholicism (or maybe just the general attitude of 16th century thought), while at the same time illustrating a Christ-like reverence for Giordano Bruno. Neil DeGrasse Tyson is alright as the host.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I was going to watch it, but it happened to be in the middle of the night for my time zone, so i'll see it today or tomorrow. Seems good.

I enjoyed it, but I was definitely missing Sagan (a given) as well as the Heaven and Hell theme. That theme evokes a mass of emotion in me that sums up how I felt watching the entire Personal Voyage of Cosmos years ago. For A Spacetime Odyssey, it was a good first episode, though, and hey, Alan Silvestri.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

I'm more interested in seeing upcoming episodes. This one has a lot verbatim from the old show and I'd like to hear some more recent developments in the world discussed.

Still pretty good though nothing will ever match Sagan' s gentle tone.

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sagan was an excellent speaker. The way he spoke, his tone, the words he chose to use; he was a big part of what made the original show so charming. NDT's Cosmos is definitely a different beast but that doesn't make it bad. They're honestly two different shows - the original and the reboot INSPIRED by the original. You can tell that the new version was inspired by Carl and the original Cosmos but it takes its own footing and does things its own way. I loved the first episode. The animation was a little weird at first but I really got into by the end. I imagine they took some creative liberties for portraying the story but that's OK. The show is in great hands, I'm very impressed.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Well i watched it now too, really enjoyed it. Nothing new in the first ep for those who are aware about space though. But im definetly watching all that's still to come.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

So the premiere of the new Possible worlds is tomorrow. Anyone gonna watch?
    Simpsons S32 ratings: - "Undercover Burns" - 2/5 - "I, Carumbus" - 4/5 - "Now Museum, Now You Don't" - 2/5 - "Treehouse 31" - 4/5

Bless the Harts S2 ratings: - "Violet's Secret" - 4/5 - "The Last Supper" - 3.5/5 - "My Best Frenda" - 4.5/5 - "Dead Mall" - 3.5/5

Bob's Burgers S11 ratings: - "Dream a Little Bob of Bob" - 3.5/5 - "Worms of In-Rear-ment" - 4/5 - "Copa-Bob-bana" - 4/5 - "Heartbreak Hotel-oween" - 4/5

Family Guy S19 ratings: - "Stewie's First Word" - 1/5 - "The Talented Mr. Stewie" - 3/5 - "Boys & Squirrels" - 1/5 - "Cutawayland" - 3/5

Why game 7, WHY? Return Of The Living Trab's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We still nerd Sagan to come back, and it's not something I've heard off, so it's a no from me.
    My Favorite and Least Favorite from every season.
    U1: Babysitting Maggie/Burp Contest, U2: Space Patrol/The Funeral, U3: The Bart Simpson Show/Bart's Nightmare, S1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Odyssey, S2: Lisa's Substitute/Principal Charming, S3: Saturdays Of Thunder /Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington, S4: Homer The Heretic/Marge In Chains, S5: Deep Space Homer/Sweet Seymour Skinner's Badasssss Song, S6: Lisa's Rival/Another Simpsons Clip Show, S7: Bart Sells His Soul/Scenes From The Class Struggle In Springfield, S8: The Springfield Files/My Sister, My Sitter, S9: The City Of New York vs Homer Simpson/All Singing, All Dancing, S10: Lisa Gets An 'A'/When You Dish Upon A Star, S11: Behind The Laughter/Kill The Alligator And Run, S12: Trilogy Of Error/Simpson Safari, S13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game, S14: Bart vs Lisa vs The 3rd Grade/Helter Shelter, S15: I, (Annoyed Grunt) Bot and The Wandering Juvie/Bart Mangled Banner, S16: Don’t Fear The Roofer/On A Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister, S17: Girls Just Want To Have Sums/Bonfire Of The Manatees, S18: 24 Minutes/Rome-Old and Juli-Eh, S19: The Debarted/All About Lisa, S20: Coming To Homerica/Lisa The Drama Queen, S21: Homer The Whopper/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed, S22: Homer The Father/The Great Simpsina, S23: Holidays Of Future Passed/Treehouse Of Horror XXII and Lisa Goes Gaga, S24: The Saga Of Carl/Love Is A Many Splintered Thing, S25: Steal This Episode/Diggs, S26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell To Earth, S27: Barthood/Friend With Benefit, S28: The Town/The Cad And The Hat, S29: Flanders Ladder/Treehouse Of Horror XXVIII, S30: Baby You Can't Drive My Car/Treehouse Of Horror XXIX, S31: Highway To Well/Warrin' Priests, Both Parts, S32: Treehouse Of Horror XXXI/Now Museum, Now You Don't.

Well, I suppose we could raise Sagan from death.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Thread Information