View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - The X Files

5 41.67%
  • 4/5 - The Springfield Files

6 50.00%
  • 3/5 - ABS

0 0%
  • 2/5 - Where's Cleveland?

1 8.33%
  • 1/5 - They pushed Uncle Teddy for this crap?

0 0%

Thread: R&R Bob's Burgers: "The Frond Files"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

R&R Bob's Burgers: "The Frond Files"

On the March 9th, 2014 episode of Bob's Burgers, Mr. Frond hides the kid's essays for being very offensive towards him.

This episode will be airing at 7:00/6:00, known as the DEATH SLOT. As stated on the Facebook page though, it's only temporary and it'll likely be back at 8:30 this fall during its fifth season.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Really creative episode. Louise and Gene's were the best, Tina's wasn't half bad. The humor mixed well with the stories and I hope that we see another episode like this in the future. 4/5

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Very creative although not in my favorites for the season. I liked all 3 stories equally, a good mix of action, comedy and horror.
    There were about 3 good laughs my favorite being Frond overreacting at the end.
    Best animation on the show so far.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did other trilogy episodes like this in the future.

3.5/5

Blog Entries

Nice that they didn't stick with the "one story per act" format of most Trilogy episodes of cartoons. Enjoyable episode. 4/5.
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Blog Entries

I ddn't care for Gene's stroy too much, but the others were very good. 4/5
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

I'm gonna be a downer and say that this seemed like an episode they had SO much fun making, but I had very little fun watching. Tina's story just felt like drawn out versions of fantasies we've already seen before (like her erotic friend fiction in "Bad Tina"). Gene's obsession with farts and the keyboard have always been one of the very few things in the show I don't find funny or entertaining. And Louise's story was just a generic Terminator parody. I'm already seeing lots of love for this episode, I don't really get it.

I think Family Guy and AD are better shows than Bob's Burgers for extended genre/movie parodies.
    Signature.

Blog Entries

Pretty good episode. It wasn't the funniest epiosde but it was a fun episode.
    3.5/5

500-year-old Mongoose Cow zartok-35's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another winner from the Molyneux sisters. I enjoyed Gene's segment the most; the keyboard jail, Tina's hair, and that surprisingly delightful song about farting.

Blog Entries

I thought this episode was fantastic. A very nice format bender that was thoroughly entertaining to watch not to mention I really adored Louise's punk design.

5/5 and an easy "Into the favourite pile you go".
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

It was decent, but in all honesty if it was up to me, this IS an episode I would nominate for the death slot. Not because it's bad, but because it's abstract and doesn't uphold the typical standards of the show. It's not an episode I would be hoping people tune in to for the first time between other animated comedies when they usually skip it.

Anyway. I felt that the stories dragged on a little too long, much of which could have been demonstrated as a vignette rather than a full short. The animation itself was very creative and pleasing, as well as the character design alterations from Gene's fantasy. The children's stories were perfectly in-character in terms of what they would come up with, but as a writer of pre-teen characters I was able to recognise that there is a reason that plots in the show are normally driven by their behaviour from an external viewpoint, rather than throwing in any ooky first-person episodes. I also found it a little contrived that they would all write a fantasy when asked for an essay.

Frond's motivations were an aspect that I quite enjoyed, and could relate to with my memories of the corrupt and unstable staff at school trying to keep us from dissenting. I also liked that Bob and Linda found the banning of these works to be an overreaction, clearly desensitised to their children's bizarre minds and failing to recognise the few legit reasons that the essays could be considered unacceptable as publicly available examples of the school's output. I really did not find this episode funny, but I think it's good as an examination of the mindset of the characters, including those who only reacted to the stories. I'd give the go-ahead for more episodes like this, but they had better have something to say about the characters' psychology if the episode forfeits strong humour in favour of perspective,

ETA: Goof - Gene's PE shirt flashes to his normal shirt for a moment in Louise's short. It's onscreen long enough to be distracting.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    I thought this episode was fantastic. A very nice format bender that was thoroughly entertaining to watch not to mention I really adored Louise's punk design.

5/5 and an easy "Into the favourite pile you go".
    Ha! I love how Louise's bunny ears actually have earrings on them. Never noticed that before!
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes, Shaunbadia

@Yule Blog, nice avatar change by the way.

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    Ha! I love how Louise's bunny ears actually have earrings on them. Never noticed that before!
    THIS. I love this. I actually still own an emo hoodie with bunny ears with hoop earrings attached, and I can't bear to part with it because it's just kind of awesome.

Thread Information