Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: is it just me or does it seem...

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

is it just me or does it seem...

...like all our best and funniest moments happen in tinychat where they go unrecorded and are only exclusively seen by the dozen or so users who are involved at the time?
    I feel like this is having a negative impact on Board thread quality and quantity.

Thoughts?

direct floor engagement friendswithsalad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

feel like tinychat is definitely having a negative impact on the board at this point and that sucks
    at first, it kinda complimented it well but i dunno
    more effort needed from the tinychat regulars, i feel

Blog Entries

I think it's great when there's a bunch of inside jokes I don't get

Blog Entries

I agree. It's like TinyChat has become a miniature lounge for a select few. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I do find that I've been posting less frequently on NHC due to chatting with the others on TinyChat most of the time now.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

I think it's good that a few things stay in tinychat personally. Really at worst it took over The Lounge's spot for inane discussion so I don't think it's had that much of an impact. People still post around the board.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Not that there's anything wrong with that

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Professional Burger Stealer Krusty Burglar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have to agree with Dobbie. If some of the stuff said in TC got out, oh man.

There's a negative impact, though. Many forums end up dying thanks to chats like TC, and, even though I doubt it could do the same to NHC, it is taking some of the activity away from here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty Burglar View Post
    Have to agree with Dobbie. If some of the stuff said in TC got out, oh man.
    Agreed. It's good to have TinyChat more or less erase itself rather than staying a living reference document like the lounge was for the flashback thread and such.

I do like TC, but I do also hate the inactivity that has happened here. There have been some amazing nights on tinychat that I will never experience again and I don't want to see anything happen to it. I can only hope this forum can stay alive as much as it can.

I will say this in tinychats defence. Board animosity has gone down quite a bit since so many of us use it
    Boarders like Stupid Idiot, Startug, Insomnia, Shaun, who I rarely interacted beyond lounge lunacy became more fleshed out as people during TC than ever before. Also it allows us to be more uncensored since most of what's posted will never be seen again
    I'm not anti-tinychat at all, but I do feel like we have lost something since it became such a daily part of the boarding routine

Blog Entries

Yeah, tinychat CAN compliment the board well but we need to strike a balance and I think we had that balance a bit better in the earlier days of tinychat.

son of a BANG son of a BOOM parklife's Avatar

never been on tinychat before

it's a stitch, you should try it

personally i don't really know why this is even a thing. you have a board right here to talk amongst eachother.

but that's probably cause i don't use tinychat and have no idea what the hell is going on anymore.

Blog Entries

I've been trying to limit myself to only getting on there one time a week (although I've been on more this past week), because I worry about the time commitment involved. Often times when I'm on there, I just go inactive because I end up wanted to watch videos or something in another tab. I mean, like my NHC folks and all, but the constant pounding of TinyChat makes it too routine for me and I run out of things I really want to talk about.

From a boarding perspective, the thing I worry about is that it could make Off Topic too clique-y, which I greatly dislike. I don't think it's devolved to a total "us vs. them" mentality or anything, but I sometimes worry it could make certain situations become too personal in the future.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: hutz

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Sin-mate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

tinychat's gotten kind of boring. whenever i go on it always seems like it's dead, even when there's a lot of people. probably because all you guys do is talk about me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frightened Inmate No. 2 View Post
    tinychat's gotten kind of boring. whenever i go on it always seems like it's dead, even when there's a lot of people. probably because all you guys do is talk about me.
    You can't just stop in once a day. Check in every few hours, see if anyone's on.

4 - 8 EST is our busiest time
    especially if ryan and dobbie are around
    and handsome is always there now

Blog Entries

And yes, Inmate, we are always talking about you and your sick twisted deeds.

not really

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

I've been in Tiny Chat a few times. It was fun, but lately when I can be in one of three things happens: a) in reality I'm too busy and go inactive because of getting other things done, b) I don't talk much because I have no idea what to say, or c) hardly anyone is on. It does seem like it would be more fun if I could put more effort more into it. As to it effecting the board, well if people want that to change then they need to change it. People that don't come in at all could start doing so, or people who do use it could make more of an effort to post here. I've posted in both at the same time, it didn't feel pointless to me.

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dobbie, kes

I post the same as I did before using tinychat. I rarely post on weekends in general because I'm at home and have to be a parent. At work, Im active both in chat and on the board as time permits. I don't think it's affecting the board that much so much as peoples lives are, and if it is...it's only for the people posting in there regularly and not on the board (for whatever reason) so I guess they should be the ones making the change

For the record, old school NHC AIM chats obviously died long before NHC did. So Tinychat would probably just die before this board did. Social media in general already takes away from traditional message boards and this board is not even as inactive as B&R.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

I've never been on tinychat, I just board when I can. If it's active, cool, if it's not, that sucks

Banned
    Blog Entries

I think we should look for another way to broadcast, Tinychat just has horrible chat input and makes Flash Player crash.

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    personally i don't really know why this is even a thing. you have a board right here to talk amongst eachother.
    You should consider that some people may want to chat live to each other and have the ability to go on webcam.

Santa's Little Helper Bart The Lover's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Worse, there aren't that many newcomers who're interested in tinychat
    遠く、遠く、風で舞い上がる雲の上、
    ハヤブサは、空のようサイレント、一人で飛ぶ
    私は彼の孤独な叫びを聞く、
    彼は休むことができないことは、
    私は、空の曲がりくねった道に沿ってあなたと歩く
    私達は私達が愛するものから遠くだし、返すことはできませんことは、
    我々は再び見ることができないことは、私たちの出生国、

とき、私は今まで私の自宅を呼び出すための場所を見つけるのだろうか?
    悲しみは空に鷹のように旋回し、
    ときに私が今まで私の心を話す方法を見つけるだろう、
    知っている人には、一人に何ですか?

what is tinychat really? is it like skype or is voice/webcam mandatory, what's the deal (probably not interested anyway though)
    Even the noblest concerto can be stripped of its beauty and soul

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the novelty wore off for me, i pop in maybe once a week but a lot of the time people are talking about things that i'm not really interested in/ i feel weird casually chatting with people i barely know. but maybe that's my fault for not boarding harder™.

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

doesn't really matter seeing as all the elite have migrated to Tinychat anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Blog Entries

i do find that i get invited in and then can only contribute to about 5% of the conversation
    which i guess is fine but i just feel kinda awkward then

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes, tyler

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

Well I come on occasionally and I'll have some good nights on there but people only start to come on at 9pm in my timezone and on weekdays I need to get some sleep so I'll come off at like 10/11 and that's normally before it's in it's prime.
    The thing I like is it gives the entire board character like you get to actually just chat with people and find out their personalities. There are some people like Shaun and Stupid Idiot who I didn't really know what they were like before going on Tinychat due to them not posting as regular as other members.
    It sucks not being in the loop too with all the dozens of in-jokes born on Tinychat between the mods and the such so I like to go on and just see what's going on with the board. It's nice talking to people with similar interests and just about... stuff, really.
    I'm never really invited but I try to go on when I can or when I see the thread has been bumped or when it's around the 9pm mark.
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe it’s just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

Blog Entries

the only way to fix all these issues is to overthink them all

Thread Information