Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: General DVD discussion.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Good News Everyone!!!!
    I just saw a post from a loyal facebook page saying that Season 19 will be announced on September 30!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1643...vity&ref=notif

Look at the newest post there.
    Simpsons Tapped Out name: Zim999777

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Oh yes!!! I hope that's true, I guess they're wanting that Christmas release but I'm not complaining, as long as it's coming I'm happy, lets get to season 20 and beyond. Be nice for them to catch up but hey, at least they're coming and I hope this does go ahead with some announcement.

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

I hope this is true, how do you know this is true? Where did this guy get this information?

That's what I was thinking @Smarch Weather! but just gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, it makes a lot of sense for them to be doing it now coming up towards Christmas, the last one was a success, it's gonna make them money but will see.

Edit: There's also this, but I don't see no reliable source on that: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...video_releases

There's also this too if it's worth doing: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...s-dvd-releases

Just an update, on the Wikipedia here it's been updated with info about this, again, I see no sources so have no idea how true this is but it now says this.

Featured character:
    Discs: 4
    Episodes: 20
    1.33:1 aspect ratio
    December 4, 2018 December 10, 2018
    Audio Commentary On All Episodes With Writers, Actors and Directors
    Deleted Scenes
    Bonus Episode

On here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...o_releases#DVD

And also here has been updated: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...video_releases

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Well, glad to see there will be no hole between season 20 and the elder seasons anymore.
    It ate EVERYBODY, stupid !

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2.5/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 4/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - 4/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me - 2.5/5 / Bobby, it's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5 / The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 3.5/5 / Frinkcoin - 2/5 / Bart the Bad Guy - 4/5 / Screenless - 3.5/5 / Better Off Ned - 1.5/5 / Highway to Well - TBA / The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - TBA

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zim999 View Post
    Good News Everyone!!!!
    I just saw a post from a loyal facebook page saying that Season 19 will be announced on September 30!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1643...vity&ref=notif

Look at the newest post there.
    Can you take a screenshot of the post?
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Quote Originally Posted by ataeaf View Post
    Can you take a screenshot of the post?
    Sorry, I don't know how to do that.

Blog Entries

What format are you using, @Zim999? If you use a desktop/laptop then press print screen, save it on MS Paint, and upload it to imgur.

Quote Originally Posted by ataeaf View Post
    What format are you using, @Zim999? If you use a desktop/laptop then press print screen, save it on MS Paint, and upload it to imgur.
    Can't you just click the link I posted?

Blog Entries

It gives me a login screen when I click the link.

Blog Entries

its just some yahoo posting with no source, and a bunch of people replying with wikipedia links.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

I'm really excited now. I actually love season 19 for some reason, and ever since I became a fan in 2009, I've wanted a DVD so badly. Here we are 9 years later and it might finally be happening! Also, the DVD gap between 19 and 20 will be filled!

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zim999

The same person has again posted claiming it will be released Dec 4, with a Wikipedia screenshot attached as if that's somehow a form of validation. The funniest part is the R2 and R4 dates they've included are clearly based off when Season 18 was released. Someone shut it down pretty quickly with a Twitter post of Al's saying not this year...
    Last edited by Zeus; Today at 12:00 PM. Reason: to fuck with you

Aw I thought that was legit for a moment.

Blog Entries

Al Jean teased on twitter that there will be an upcoming announcement on tomorrow's panel at SDCC. Many think it will be for a second Simpsons movie but me thinks it could be the season 19 dvd. I guess we'll see tomorrow.

Blog Entries

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety...203274456/amp/

I was right! Season 19 will be released on DVD on December 3rd.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

That's awesome! I wonder what "collectible Homer Simpson packaging" means given seasons 11-18 have been secondary characters. Maybe they realized they don't sell as well with Fat Tony on the cover art?

Really hoping they continue, as season 20's current DVD sucks.

Update, found this on Twitter:

Edit 2:

Press release:

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment proudly presents THE SIMPSONS THE COMPLETE NINETEENTH SEASON – bringing the citizens of Springfield, (state currently unknown) to DVD December 3. This release features numerous classics and comes loaded with bonus features including full audio commentary accompanying every episode, providing a peek behind the curtain to learn more about the residents of 742 Evergreen Terrace.

As the season following the historic debut of The Simpsons Movie (in 2D!), THE SIMPSONS THE COMPLETE NINETEENTH SEASON includes a number of beloved episodes such as the Sideshow Bob focused adventure “Funeral for a Fiend,” the WGA-nominated “Homer of Seville,” and the Emmy-winning “Eternal Moonshine of the Simpsons Mind.” Guest stars from the season include returning fan favorites Kelsey Grammer as the aforementioned Sideshow Bob, David Hyde Pierce as his brother Cecil Terwilliger and Glenn Close as Mona Simpson, as well as Stephen Colbert, Matt Dillon, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jack Black, “Weird Al” Yankovic and MORE!

THE SIMPSONS THE COMPLETE NINETEENTH SEASON DVD BONUS FEATURES

Audio Commentaries on All 20 Episodes
    Introduction By Matt Groening
    Special Language Feature
    Thank You

http://nothingbutgeek.com/2019/07/th...son-announced/
    UP AND ATOM!

Hot damn I'm so happy!

We did it!

My only concerns are the "Thank You" featurette (thank you for what? thank you and goodbye to DVDs and hello to Disney+?) and the cover art (is Homer driving off into the sunset?)

Banned

What about the deleted scenes? Has it been confirmed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by kwijibo View Post
    What about the deleted scenes? Has it been confirmed yet?
    Maybe the season was so perfect they didn't have to delete anything?

---

I really hope the DVD releases continue, and again I don't know why they would cancel it again. The people buying these sets will not be getting Disney+ in the absence of future seasons on DVD, and I don't think The Simpsons will be the draw of the streaming service. MCU and Star Wars original series will. I personally will be subscribing and not for The Simpsons.

The fact that these sets retail for $49.99, $30 more than digital purchases of full seasons, and still manage to sell incredibly well (according to that TV Shows on DVD article, where Simpsons sales numbers exceeded most TV on DVD releases and studios would kill to have those numbers for their titles) should give Disney and FOX incentive to continue these releases. They for sure have a built-in amount of consumers who are committed to buying EVERY season on DVD, so they have confirmed sales. The thing Disney needs to do is maintain a schedule so they don't lose these committed buyers.

I'll also say again, the fact that Bob's Burgers, American Dad and Family Guy are getting regular DVD releases, albeit as manufacture on-demand, and The Simpsons keeps stopping and starting, is ridiculous. The Simpsons should be releasing regularly and the ONLY reason is streaming greed. However I still am unconvinced that DVD sales eat into streaming numbers.

I just hope blu-rays haven't been completely abandoned. I don't see much point in releasing the HD seasons on crummy 480p DVD quality.
    Get woke, go broke

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsy View Post
    I just hope blu-rays haven't been completely abandoned. I don't see much point in releasing the HD seasons on crummy 480p DVD quality.
    Sadly, Disney seems to be okay with HD shows getting DVD only releases just like FOX was before the buyout.

Created a Season 19 thread. Go there

The renewed discussion of DVDs prompted me to buy Season 20 on blu-ray. I noticed prices have gone up, but I managed to find a copy for $15 on ebay. I also saw season 29 and season 30 "For Your Consideration" Emmy screener DVDs, and picked up the season 30 one which has Bart's Not Dead and Krusty the Clown. Mainly picked it up for the art.

Blog Entries

Nice, I didn't know they had original art for those

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    Nice, I didn't know they had original art for those
    Yeah, I managed to find season 29:

And 28:

Also, The Simpsons Guy had its own FYC release:

Inside art appears to be little movie poster style designs for the included episodes:

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Maybe the season was so perfect they didn't have to delete anything?
    Yeah... maybe?

But seriously, even if there are some deleted scenes, you'd think they include them, right? I mean, one of the main reasons I get these boxsets is so that I can see some scenes that were cut out of some episodes (like, from season 5 or 6 for example). Every season had deleted scenes as one of the special features since the boxset for season 4 came out so I think there's a possibility that the season 19 boxset would have them (although Fox hadn't announced it yet). What do you think?

Thread Information