Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: General DVD discussion.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

the current sets are just re packaged Mike Judge collections, with the 2011 revival season and movie thrown in. The Mike Judge collections only have episodes that Judge approved of releasing, so there are many episodes missing, especially from earlier in the shows run. Also there are many edits and scenes missing, Judge attributes this to the master tapes being edited by MTV due to complaints, so much so that Judge believes the original unedited episodes may no longer exist(aside from various fan recordings which are available on the internet). Also only select music videos are included, and they aren't interwoven in the episodes like they were when they aired on TV, they are more or less "special features".

the 2011 revival season is unedited though and is presented exactly as it aired. I bought the set because it was 25 bucks at Walmart, seemed like a good enough deal despite a lot of content missing from it.
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    Aren't the Beavis & Butthead DVDs missing a lot of material?
    Kind of, I'm not sure how many episodes aren't on the DVD's but across these DVD's there is a lot so I think the majority is there. Of course the music video's aren't on between the episodes (I actually prefer this as I felt they broke up the episodes too much but they were perfect for MTV) and there is a few music video extra's but in regards to the actual cartoons, there's loads and they're awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by brad little View Post
    the current sets are just re packaged Mike Judge collections, with the 2011 revival season and movie thrown in. The Mike Judge collections only have episodes that Judge approved of releasing, so there are many episodes missing, especially from earlier in the shows run. Also there are many edits and scenes missing, Judge attributes this to the master tapes being edited by MTV due to complaints, so much so that Judge believes the original unedited episodes may no longer exist(aside from various fan recordings which are available on the internet). Also only select music videos are included, and they aren't interwoven in the episodes like they were when they aired on TV, they are more or less "special features".

the 2011 revival season is unedited though and is presented exactly as it aired. I bought the set because it was 25 bucks at Walmart, seemed like a good enough deal despite a lot of content missing from it.
    Pretty much, as I say I'm not sure how many are missing but there is a lot across these DVD's. One thing though, after the gold one I linked above they released another DVD which has been very misleading to a lot of people, it's this one here which is basically the gold box set I linked with the addition of the 2011 series included also (plus the movie which is in both). This isn't the complete collection at all as the title says, it's the Mike Judge Collections that were released previously just with the 2011 series added, this has mislead a lot of people so I wouldn't really go for this.

Brad pretty much nailed it anyway, the 2011 series is exactly as he mentioned too and is spot on, it's actually a really good series. I was concerned about this being released as I wasn't really sure if the show would be how it once was but they really did it so well, they even animated the couch scene's like the old animation and it never lost any of it's magic throughout the show.

However this one here, it's NOT the complete collection as the title implies, just basically the Mike Judge Collections & movie with the addition of the 2011 series discs:

It's best to get the gold box set I mentioned and then the 2011 series separately as it's much better packaging too.

Edit. This review pretty much explains it: https://www.amazon.com/Beavis-Butt-H.../dp/B01N6BLTHY

As others have pointed out the title is deceiving. It is the "complete collection" not a complete series. Basically it contains the previous three volumes of the Mike Judge collections put out years ago, the season that aired on MTV2 back in 2011, as well as the movie Beavis and Butthead do America. It does not have every episode all in broadcast order.

Back before South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, and the spate of current "adult" cartoons, there was Beavis and Butthead. It was basically a show that followed two teenage slackers who were extremely dumb, with ambition to do nothing more than eat nachos, watch TV and join the local delinquent's gang. During their exploits, they managed to terrorize neighbors, classmates, teachers and the general public alike. The show started from a short animation done by Mike Judge, the director of Office Space and the creator of King of the Hill. He did many of the voices on the show as well as coming up with a lot of the content, especially during the music video segments, much of which he ad-libbed. You definitely need a certain type of sense of humor to enjoy the show. Yes, it is very stupid and juvenile humor, and you have to like that kind of humor to enjoy the show. When it comes to the two main characters, it does not pretend to be anything deeper than that. Many times, however, there would be a deeper "meaning" or message behind the jokes, about anything from the state of youth in America at the time, gender discrimination, political correctness etc. It is one of those shows that people either loved or hated with not much of a middle ground.

For each of the original Mike Judge Collections (which comprised of volumes 1-3), they are split into two discs, one for the cartoons and one with videos and extras. Because of licensing and copyright issues they could not play the shows as they aired on TV with the music videos in the show. So they removed the video clips and included the ones they could get a license for on the second disc. It results in an imperfect viewing of the show, but the best we are likely to ever get on DVD. The newer season does have the videos as well as clips of the various MTV reality shows that they are commenting (mostly ripping on) in the shows themselves. Ultimately the show is great, the DVD release is pretty mediocre. It could be a lot better had MTV paid for the rights to all the music videos so they could have put out a complete series with all the episodes as they aired. If they would have done that, this would easily be a 5 star collection. Because it is not that, it is ultimately just okay. The extras in the first three collections include a making of featurette split into 3 parts, some of the various specials they did (like the MTV Thanksgiving Special, the Snoop Dogg special intros for one of the Marathons etc. The last season extras included a Q&A at comic-con between Johnny Knoxville and Mike Judge, more clips of them ripping on Jersey Shore and some promos. The extras are very good, but there is no new material for this collection.
    Only thing is, I feel the show is better without the music video's breaking it up like it did on TV (which was great for MTV but it's nice to watch the show without the interruptions), also in the gold box set I linked above, each set is split between 3 discs, not 2, so you get the 2 discs of episodes and then a bonus disc 3 in each one. A total of 10 discs. For example: Vol. 1 Disc 1, 2 and 3, Vol. 2 Disc 1, 2 and 3, Vol. 3 Disc 1, 2 and 3, then the movie
    Last edited by Welcome to Moe's; 06-18-2018 at 08:36 AM.

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

I guess I'll chime in here as well. Already mentioned that in regards to The Simpsons I own Seasons 1 through 5, 10 through 17, the movie and Christmas 2.

In regards to other FOX shows, I own all the volume/season sets of Family Guy plus The Freakin' Sweet Collection, Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story, the Star Wars trilogy in a 3-disc set and Parental Terms of Endearment, the 2012 rereleases of Futurama volumes one and two (might get the remainder of the FOX run eventually; never seen anything from Comedy Central), volumes one through eight of American Dad! (with no plans on getting the Amazon MOD releases due to their lack of bonus features like deleted scenes and commentaries which are the only real reason why I bother owning volumes seven and eight) and Seasons 1 & 2 of The Cleveland Show.

In regards to other shows I have the complete series sets of Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Hey Arnold! (plus the first movie), The Wild Thornberrys (plus the movie), Cowboy Bebop (plus the movie), Danny Phantom, both Avatar shows, Black Lagoon and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: TBD An Irish Goodbye: TBD Stompe le Monde: TBD

Always late to the party Whyyoubig's Avatar

Ok, I guess I’ll post my DVD collection here as well. I’ll list the shows, what I have from them, and what I plan to get from them in the future.
    The Simpsons: Season 1-13, 15-18, and 20 on DVD and Season 14 and the movie on Blu-Ray.
    Family Guy: Every volume/season set, plus The Freakin’ Sweet Collection, The Untold Story, Blue Harvest, and Partial Terms of Endearment. The other two Star Wars specials are low priority but I’ll get around to buying them eventually.
    Futurama: Volumes 1-4 (2012 rereleases), Bender’s Big Score, The Beast With a Billion Backs on DVD and Bender’s Game, Into the Wild Green Yonder and volumes 5-8 on Blu-Ray.
    King of the Hill: Just season 1 right now, but eventually I’ll buy up to season 6. After that they become more expensive and apparently lack special features so no plans for them.
    American Dad: Just volume 1 right now but eventually I’ll get around to buying up to volume 8. After that it’s just the MOD releases with no special features and that are really expensive so no plans to get them.
    South Park: Just seasons 1-5 on DVD
    Rick and Morty: Season 1-3 on Blu-Ray. My copy of season 3 is the steelbook edition.
    Complete Series sets: I have the complete series of Daria on DVD and Avatar: The Last Airbender on Blu-Ray, and I’ve also pre-ordered the Gravity Falls complete series Blu-Ray.
    Last edited by Whyyoubig; 07-05-2018 at 06:36 PM.
    Favorite/least favorite by season (not counting clip shows)
    Season 1: Life on the Fast Lane/Some Enchanted Evening Season 2: Bart the Daredevil/Old Money Season 3: Bart the Lover/Dog of Death Season 4: Last Exit to Springfield/Marge in Chains Season 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets an Elephant Season 6: Homer the Great/Fear of Flying Season 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza Season 8: You Only Move Twice/Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(D’oh)cious Season 9: The City of New York Vs Homer Simpson/Lisa the Skeptic Season 10: Lisa Gets an A/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble Season 11: Behind the Laughter/It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge Season 12: Trilogy of Error/Homer Vs Dignity Season 13: I Am Furious (Yellow)/The Frying Game Season 14: Moe Baby Blues/Barting Over Season 15: Simple Simpson/Bart-Mangled Banner Season 16: Don’t Fear the Roofer/On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister Season 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/Bonfire of the Manatees Season 18: 24 Minutes/The Boys of Bummer Season 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/That 90’s Show Season 20: Gone Maggie Gone/In the Name of the Grandfather Season 21: The Bob Next Door/The Greatest Story Ever D’ohed Season 22: Angry Dad: The Movie/Elementary School Musical Season 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Lisa Goes Gaga Season 24: I haven’t seen this season Season 25: Brick Like Me/Days of Future Future Season 26: Simpsorama/The Musk Who Fell to Earth Season 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man’s Dream Season 28: 22 For 30/Kamp Krustier Season 29: Gone Boy/The Old Blue Mayor She Ain’t What She Used to Be Season 30: TBD when 11 episodes have aired/TBD when 11 episodes have aired

I'm not sure if I've responded to this extensively however I will do so now. I have literally tons of DVD's, I couldn't name them all however I will go through one's that I have that are alongside The Simpsons.

The Simpsons
    Seasons 1 - 18
    Bart Wars
    Dark Secrets
    Greatest Hits
    Go To Hollywood
    Too Hot For TV
    Against The World
    Heaven and Hell
    Get Set Doh
    Sex, Lies & Simpsons
    Simpsons.Com
    Crime and Punishment
    Murder Mysteries
    Raiders of the lost Fridge
    Viva Los Simpsons
    Last Temptation of Homer
    Film Festival
    Backstage Pass
    Treehouse of Horrors
    Risky Business
    Christmas with The Simpsons
    Gone Wild
    Christmas 2
    Around the World
    Kiss and Tell
    Simpsons Movie (I also have this on Blu Ray and special edition with Homer plush).

Beavis and Butthead
    Mike Judge Collection (Gold package)
    Most Wanted
    Do America (2 different versions)
    Vol. 4 (2011 Series)

Family Guy
    Freakin' Party Pack (season 1 - 6)
    Seasons 7 - 10 (10 has a T-Shirt with it)
    Stewie Griffin Story
    Blue Harvest
    Happy Freakin' Christmas

Futurama - Volume 3 (3 discs)

South Park
    South Park Movie
    Imagination land
    Christmas in South Park
    Season 13

American Dad
    Season 1
    Volume 2
    Volume 3

King of the Hill
    Seasons 1 - 5

Ren and Stimpy
    Seasons 1 and 2

Flintstones
    Season 1

Rocko's Modern Life
    Complete Series
    Volumes 1 - 4

The collected adventures of Asterix (has all the animated films which are awesome)

Also, if you guys want a really great film, I recommend a film called Bone Dry, this film is awesome and is really intense, it's gripping, keeps you intrigued and the twist at the end is so good! It's a really underrated film however it's really brilliant and loads of people I know have watched this and all really liked it, it's such a hidden gem.

If you can get this, please do, it's awesome! You can probably pick it up for next to nothing on Amazon and eBay but I do sincerely recommend you guys get a copy of this film, it's so good! (It's out in US and other regions as well as UK)

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wReTcSe96U (if not showing below click this link)

Honestly, it's really good

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome to Moe's View Post
    The Simpsons
    Seasons 1 - 18
    Do you have season 20 even though it lacks commentary and other special features?

No, that's the only one I haven't got. I don't think it's officially released in the UK as you have to get it on import on Amazon for our region but I wanted to wait for the actual releases to come, plus like you say it doesn't have any features etc... the only think I really like about it is the artwork.

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

It's not looking good for the DVDs:
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1020847393300856833

No news at this time about the season 19 DVD, and Jean uses the hashtag #stilltrying

Had they planned to continue the yearly releases, they would be in production on season 19 by this point. The tweet leads me to think work has not started on 19 yet and Jean is still pushing to have it happen.

What I do not understand is why don't they just go the MOD route which several FOX shows have done, including American Dad. This would mean the animated menus and fancy packaging would be scrapped, but we would get the episodes on home video and they could still include bonus features like commentary and deleted scenes. We're hitting the seasons that are less popular, sure, but they are likely to sell more than stuff like Raising Hope (a FOX MOD release). I've also read that FOX will professionally press discs if pre-orders are strong enough, so those fearing DVD-R would not have to deal with that.
    UP AND ATOM!

That's a shame, but fingers crossed there's still hope.
    A little less Generic than before.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zim999

It's not looking good for the DVDs:
    https://twitter.com/AlJean/status/1020847393300856833

No news at this time about the season 19 DVD, and Jean uses the hashtag #stilltrying

Had they planned to continue the yearly releases, they would be in production on season 19 by this point. The tweet leads me to think work has not started on 19 yet and Jean is still pushing to have it happen.

What I do not understand is why don't they just go the MOD route which several FOX shows have done, including American Dad. This would mean the animated menus and fancy packaging would be scrapped, but we would get the episodes on home video and they could still include bonus features like commentary and deleted scenes. We're hitting the seasons that are less popular, sure, but they are likely to sell more than stuff like Raising Hope (a FOX MOD release). I've also read that FOX will professionally press discs if pre-orders are strong enough, so those fearing DVD-R would not have to deal with that.

Well hopefully Disney will be much better than Fox when it comes to this who have been very difficult about this. It's pretty obvious the DVD's are highly wanted as we know how season 18 was brought back in the first place and it was doing well in sales (at least in the UK it was high up on the pre order list on Amazon and same with sales too during the time of it's release), it's such a pain how they are so difficult about it because they know it's hard for people, specially outside the US to see the new seasons unless they have a subscription TV service (which not everyone has) and even when they do they have to catch them on TV at the time. Unless you're in the US you can't access Simpsons World but even then fans in the US want the DVD's too (I know if I was in the US I wouldn't be happy with just having Simpsons World that's for sure).

Al Jean tries so hard and does so well to get things done for fans, he's very passionate and cares about the show and it's fans but it must be like banging his head against a brick wall sometimes.

Disney is pretty bad with DVDs. The Muppet Show went unfinished after season 3, Muppets Tonight and the recent ABC version is not on DVD. Disney Afternoon shows largely went unfinished, with most seeing 1-3 seasons max before being cancelled.

Then again, it seems to depend on the studio. Marvel and Lucasfilm are pretty good with their home video stuff, as is Pixar. The question is how will Disney let Fox Home Entertainment function after the merger?

DREAM HEADLINE: Disney Forces 20th Century Fox and Lucasfilm to release simpsons seasons 19-30 on DVD and Blu-Ray, unaltered Original Star Wars Films on Blu-Ray and 4K.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Did the DVDs really sell that badly for Fox to pull the plug on them in the first place? Also, if S18 really sold well why not continue from there instead of making it difficult (is it all because of the Simpsons World app)?

Either way, I hope there will be change for the better with Disney being in charge of Fox.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 07-23-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Disney is pretty bad with DVDs. The Muppet Show went unfinished after season 3, Muppets Tonight and the recent ABC version is not on DVD. Disney Afternoon shows largely went unfinished, with most seeing 1-3 seasons max before being cancelled.

Then again, it seems to depend on the studio. Marvel and Lucasfilm are pretty good with their home video stuff, as is Pixar. The question is how will Disney let Fox Home Entertainment function after the merger?
    Yeah, credit due where credit is due as Disney have really done well with those franchises and getting things out there for the fans, they also tend to let the people involved before they bought into it keep the same control over things too which is great, we're not going to see The Simpsons become Disneyfied or anything that's for sure, it's mainly a money thing for them and investing in anything they can to keep them on top, which often means putting out lots of things with the likeness on. It's clear how much The Simpsons DVD's are cried out for so hopefully Disney will know this and capitalise on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Were the DVD's really sell that badly for Fox to pull the plug on them in the first place? Also, if S18 really sold well why not continue from there instead of making it difficult (is it all because of the Simpsons World app)?

Either way, I hope there will be change for the better with Disney being in charge of Fox.
    I don't really know but to be honest I think it was just that they couldn't be bothered with it really, they make enough money from The Simpsons they don't need DVD's to top up their income and with the manufacturing costs they probably thought they couldn't be bothered. The Simpsons DVD's have always sold well on release and been the DVD charts on various stores and Amazon etc.. (at least here in the UK anyway) so I honestly think it's just a lot of work for them they don't really want to do, or will do when they can be bothered.

I mean, look how often they released the DVD's in the first place, they were quite behind considering how many seasons they were and releasing one a year or something they were always playing catch up, I know that The Simpsons team really care about their international fans but these kinda things aren't in their hands, it's down to Fox to invest in it and continue it but they don't seem to be bothered or are at least laid back on it at best. They get what they need from The Simpsons but yeah, I hope Disney do too and as mentioned above, they seem to have a better vibe around them for putting out what the fans want etc... so hopefully they will continue the DVD's.

So many questions though because as Disney have bought them out, are they buying out the back catalogue of The Simpsons with this or do these still belong to Fox until the takeover (we're still seeing the Fox logo on the new episodes right?) so it all depends on the Disney deal and those seasons. We know Disney have acquired the likeness to The Simpsons as part of the deal (IE can use their images on products etc..) but have they bought the catalogue of episodes with this too, I'm not so sure? If they have, we're in good hands, if not then Fox are the one's that will be the problem, unless of course they see this as a case of making the last money they can from The Simpsons as obviously it'll be a huge dip for them no longer owning the rights to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome to Moe's View Post
    The Simpsons DVD's have always sold well on release and been the DVD charts on various stores and Amazon etc.. (at least here in the UK anyway) so I honestly think it's just a lot of work for them they don't really want to do, or will do when they can be bothered.
    TVShowsOnDVD.com (which has since shut down, so I can't pull the link) had an article when the DVDs ended citing that season 17s sale figures were very impressive and were numbers that most studios would love to have. There are shows that continue to see home releases that are nowhere near the numbers the later Simpsons seasons had.

I strongly suspect it was a contract stipulation with Simpsons World and FX. Notice that as soon as Simpsons World started, the DVDs stopped. I suspect the stipulation on the contract ended and Jean had to convince FOX to continue the DVDs. Again, my issue is that they seem to put a fair bit of money into the presentation which could make the budget vs sales figures (I suspect they want the classic era sales numbers) look not as impressive as they would like. I still think they should lower costs and go with a standard DVD case and slipcover, static menus and the usual features. I love the presentation of the packaging, but if that is the reason for the DVDs ending then I would say trim costs in that area.

Yeah, it's not surprising, as I say I know they did well in the UK so I'm sure they did elsewhere too just as much, it's just I happened to see the UK success of it due to being here, I do honestly think it's down to the whole less production costs more money when they try to do things digital or with these new idea's but that's not good cause a lot of people, dare I say the majority don't want digital, specially with a TV show, it's not quite as bad for music cause it's a 3 minute song on your phone or whatever but with TV shows it's a bit different, we have extra's, watch them longer and more, on our TV, binge watching and also to actually own them to watch as and when we want not if a service decided to have them on or not, they probably just thought the fan base is so huge they'll buy into the digital thing but I dunno, well we saw the demand for season 18 so that says it all and no doubt season 19 will get the same if they don't release this anyway (even more so knowing people loved season 18 and it was a success), it must be very frustrating for the writers and people on the show at The Simpsons.

You'#re probably right about the contract thing too, again, probably part of the whole idea and to cut down on production costs. Yeah I hear you with the presentation thing too, all the fancy boxes and limited heads etc.. (which I wasn't a fan of) would all have hiked these production costs up, menu's and things are fine because they're done from a template and the extra's just go onto the DVD (the team seem to love doing the commentary too) but that said the DVD's still sell loads and are successful so even if they continued the normal box type art it's not like it's a bad thing, they're making a ton of money and have got a ton of money but the limited edition one's I do feel was a waste. I hear you though completely and it makes a lot of sense so I agree completely, specially if it is like you say something that was affecting the profit, I'm just not sure it is (but I get how it would make a difference).

Al Jean has pushed for these so hard time and time again and it looks like he's having to do it again, you've got to admire and respect him for doing this as he does really try and he did manage to do well previously (along with the fans of course) though hopefully we'll get the season 19 DVD release soon still, either that or Disney will pick up on it and Fox can just do their own thing.

I strongly suspect it was a contract stipulation with Simpsons World and FX. Notice that as soon as Simpsons World started, the DVDs stopped. I suspect the stipulation on the contract ended and Jean had to convince FOX to continue the DVDs. Again, my issue is that they seem to put a fair bit of money into the presentation which could make the budget vs sales figures (I suspect they want the classic era sales numbers) look not as impressive as they would like. I still think they should lower costs and go with a standard DVD case and slipcover, static menus and the usual features. I love the presentation of the packaging, but if that is the reason for the DVDs ending then I would say trim costs in that area.
    Seems quite likely. I agree, too. If it's something superficial like fancy packaging and menus, I don't mind them saving time and money in that department, and focusing on getting out the show and bonus features. That's what I really care about, after all.

Seasons 17+ of The Simpsons sell more copies than shows that continue to churn DVDs out, including some of FOX's own releases, so I see no reason why they would stop. That's what is so confusing about all of this.

Seasons 17+ of The Simpsons sell more copies than shows that continue to churn DVDs out, including some of FOX's own releases, so I see no reason why they would stop. That's what is so confusing about all of this.
    That shows there's still hope for the Simpsons DVDs.
    Simpsons Tapped Out name: Zim999777

If they never did a season 19 DVD even with good sales on season 18, that’d be pretty disappointing. I mean, since I collected all the currently available releases, I’m now annoyed by that gap between 18 and 20 and IT MUST BE FILLED!

Like I say, I think it's just effort, they make enough money off The Simpsons they probably see it as quite a job to get the DVD's done and released however they could either now want to get as much as they can while they've still got the rights to the show or they might feel like "Well they're going to Disney now they can do it", I've no idea but there's no doubt the DVD's are still successful for them so it's stupid really, they'll just get bombarded again with petitions until they release it if they announce that they're not (which is probably why they don't say anything).

Quote Originally Posted by Whyyoubig View Post
    If they never did a season 19 DVD even with good sales on season 18, that’d be pretty disappointing. I mean, since I collected all the currently available releases, I’m now annoyed by that gap between 18 and 20 and IT MUST BE FILLED!
    Yeah, all of them need to be released but that's a lot of catching up to do, specially with the break between season 17 and 18. There is the thing for people outside of the US too who rely on these DVD's because we have no access to Simpsons World or anything (cause Fox won't let us) although even if Simpsons World was available I still wouldn't want that, it doesn't feel like you're buying anything with things like that and it seems more like a rental thing, I want to be able to have the DVD's for as long as I can and to be able to watch them easily when I can as the later seasons that aren't released on DVD, it's hard for me to see unless I catch them on TV at the time and even then I can only watch it while it's on.

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Zim999

The thing is, different subsidiaries of FOX do different things, so FOX Television produces the show while FOX Home Entertainment handles home video. The act of developing the DVD does not take away from any other aspect of making the show (aside from getting a bunch of old men together for a commentary). So I don't buy the notion that it's too much effort. FOX Home Entertainment is enough of a well oiled machine that spitting out a season DVD is easy. In fact, they often rely on external companies to do the MOD DVD stuff. A family friend has a high level job with a MOD DVD company that does work for FOX, including American Dad.

Anyway, should FOX drop the DVDs, there are companies like Shout! that scoop up licenses to do the authoring and distribution work. Shout! recently did Gravity Falls complete series blu-ray for Disney and in the past picked up the slack for MadTV and released a few more seasons.

Like that old TVShowsOnDVD article I keep bringing up mentioned, most DVD companies would kill for the numbers The Simpsons saw even in later years.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually, commentaries shouldn’t even be much of a reason anymore, apparently they’re now starting on the Season 22 commentaries according to this tweet.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Well either way they've been pretty laid back on them for a long time, then they stopped them, brought them back and can't even give fans an update which they have been constantly asked about. I got this mail personally.

Many thanks for your email, we do not have an email for the general public which is why we provide the address.
    You would need to contact them directly with your request.

The Simpsons
    P.O. Box 900
    Beverly Hills
    CA 90210
    USA

Kind regards,

Julia

FOX
    No one seems to be able to really get an answer even if they have any plans, which is a shame. Hopefully Disney will take over and put these out but we'll have to see.

The fact that the DVDs came back at all gives me hope for their future. 19 should at least be made to fill that gap. I sadly haven't contributed to the cause and bought my season 18 yet. I sneaked a look at the menus and box art for it though and wow is it good. Beyond S15 I don't know what the inside art and menus look like though.

You should get them, they're great! They sold well anyway but it's important they get the support they can from every Simpsons fans on the planet really, well while Fox are on anyway as hopefully as mentioned before Disney will do a much better job, though will see

"The Ned-Liest Catch" happened to be shown on Foxtel the other day, and I caught the end of it while channel surfing. I was reminded of the gag over the credits where Marge talks about the contest being over if you're watching it in re-runs or on DVD, which only served as a reminder that some seven years later, there is no Season 22 DVD on which to watch it.

Professional Teleporter Mícheál's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I saw this earlier. It suggests that there could be another release of the Simpsons movie on DVD. So possibly some new artwork for it.

https://screenrant.com/disney-fox-mo...se-merger/amp/
    "I may or may not die young. I haven't decided yet."

Quote Originally Posted by Mícheál View Post
    I saw this earlier. It suggests that there could be another release of the Simpsons movie on DVD. So possibly some new artwork for it.

https://screenrant.com/disney-fox-mo...se-merger/amp/
    I don't see anything mentioning that in the article you linked.

I see them suggesting The Simpsons would appear on the Disney streaming service which would actually mean they wouldn't want to release DVDs so that the streaming service has content worth subscribing for.

They HAVE continue of the DVDs.
    I just tried to re-tape an episode and it was ruined by a narrating woman telling the watchers what they are doing.
    I'm soooooo anger right now!!!!!!
    The Simpsons are the ONLY REASON I keep a cable box.
    Last edited by Zim999; 09-09-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Thread Information