Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: General DVD discussion.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I was lucky enough to know about them beforehand and was ready with some paper disc sleeves, then you can just put then in the accordion folds and still fit everything in the box without anything getting scratched. No idea why anyone thought the packaging they used from 11 onwards was a good idea. There are so many better ways to do eco-friendly packaging and it's almost like it's designed to destroy your disc.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Does anyone know how to tell if a season is the original version or remade online? My season 7 is in poor condition, and disc one won't even play anymore, so I want to rebuy the season, but I don't want the remade 2012 version. I checked local fye stores, but they have the remade one.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Depends on what site you're on. I think Amazon is probably just selling the remade version. Contact one of the other sellers on amazon and ask. Or use eBay where you can just look at the image.

I just bought the fourth season online. I'm excited to see some of these episodes for the first time.

Just re watched all ten classic seasons and the movie on DVD like that time a few years ago when I aggressively shitposted about doing the exact same thing in the Lounge

Blog Entries

I got 2 and 6 used for... 5 bucks total I believe? And I bought 15 and 17 from Walmart, both were like $15 total so it's not that bad. I remember a few years ago they were all $20-25+, so... in fact, the Walmart I got those from also had 13 and 14, and 13 was only like $10. if I had the money I probably would get it.

looking to get all the seasons at some point, if I'm lucky enough to find them used(or cheap). I haven't watched Simpsons in a long time, and it's great going back through the seasons and rewatching to see what jokes still make me laugh.

Blog Entries

my friend borrowed volumes 2 and 3 of futurama from a friend of his, but he's talking about possibly buying them from him because his friend doesn't watch much tv anyway. wouldn't mind getting the whole series at some point, at least the original fox run.

If I want to rewatch an old episode or commentary I usually just go to my local library and rent a DVD or two there.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowstormented View Post
    they're accurate as of the 2015 alien dick census

Blog Entries

Rent? Why?

Because I don't really want to buy an entire DVD to watch one episode.

Blog Entries

u can pretty much buy most of the dvd sets on like ebay for rental prices nowadays

Or go and buy seasons from Target. Because last December I bought season 12 at my local Target brand new in package for $9.99. No joke. And there's seasons 12-16 for that price. And sometimes when I go to Target months at a time and I still the exact same copies of those Simpsons seasons there not being sold.

For me it's free to rent it.

How?

Blog Entries

It's the public library. The same borrowing principles apply for DVDs and CDs.
    Insert signature here

Oh I don't know if any by me have them. I never seen them there.

Blog Entries

Library DVDs tend to be scratched somewhere most of the time. If it's a new DVD there's a lesser chance.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Telso

Yeah I've noticed that too before. Not with Simpsons seasons since my library doesn't have them I don't think.

Blog Entries

yeah, I've noticed that too. I checked out s14 of The Simpsons and there was at least one or two episodes on every disc that would have trouble playing

Blog Entries

I prefer renting from Netflix because the discs aren't scratched -- though they'll get cracked sometimes.

Blog Entries

if I'm using Netflix it's for online streaming. I had the deal where you could rent dvds but I didn't like it much

Blog Entries

I tried watching through my season 20 DVD for the first time since I've never seen most of it but nearly all the episodes are unplayable straight out of the previously-unopened box because of how horribly scratched the discs got just taking them out of the sleeves the first time. Who wants to launch a class-action suit against Fox's home entertainment division?

I have up to season 15 on dvd and have the heads ones as well

I picked up season 12 yesterday. Now I need to decide if I should go with the DVDs or blu rays for the subsequent seasons.

Last time I marathoned my season 7 DVD the last disc would stop about seven minutes into Homerpalooza. I haven't tried it since but I take good care of my DVDs so I don't know how that happened. Wish there was a way to buy just a single disc on a season.

Blog Entries

For some reason, back in the days when Gamestop had a DVD section and Hollywood Videos roamed the Earth, they would let people trade in individual discs from season sets and resell them. If they didn't have their own little digipacks, like the original Futurama or KOTH sets, they'd put them in one of the rental/"this game doesn't have a case anymore" cases. They'd be priced really cheaply and sometimes you'd get lucky and be able to piece together a full season of something for a fraction of what the proper set would cost even used, but usually it wasn't worth bothering with because they were usually pretty messed up. I assume it was people trading in the disc from their set that was damaged or didn't work properly so they could make a quick buck without getting rid of the whole thing. But yeah, I saw a good many Simpsons discs in that context.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Exoskull

Blog Entries

My season 7 DVD kept lagging during the last act of Much Apu About Nothing. Also one specific moment on Don't Fear The Roofer always skipped. It was just about 5 seconds, but still. the DVD was brand new.

Blog Entries

I went to a store yesterday that sells used dvds/video games/etc and they had seasons 1, 3 and 4 there. I didn't have a lot of money on me so I went with 3, got it for $6. only watched a couple episodes so far, but man, I forgot how much I dislike the dvd menus. cool ideas, but it would be nice to skip

Blog Entries

Thank god for the season 5 and up DVD menus.

I have every DVD box set available (1-17 & 20) and am pissed that they pulled the plug on the box sets, especially since sales were good. I can't get SimpsonsWorld because it's not available in my area (outside the U.S.). Whoever does have the rights to stream the episodes here isn't offering them (I can't even find the show on VOD at the moment).

Anyone know any alternatives? I noticed some episodes on Amazon Video - are they downloadable, or are they streamed?

Thread Information