Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: General DVD discussion.

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

General DVD discussion.

Discuss your dvd collections and special editions. Stuff like what dvd in your collection is your favorite, etc.
    For example, my favorite DVD in my collection is my Maggie head packaging of Season 8, mostly because if how hard I searched for it and because how perfectly preserved the packaging from 2006 is, not to mention because Maggie is my favorite character.

Blog Entries

From the S17 DVD thread:

Quote Originally Posted by stanthewarrior View Post
    Do you think they will change the cover art for 20+?
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I don't know. I honestly don't care what the art is, as long as they hurry up and finish releasing the DVDs.
    I would just love a no-extra 1-25 set for about 150 bucks. Also a s25 set like the s20 one would be awesome.
    Yeah, honestly a set with nothing but all the episodes would be awesome.
    Yeah, they have a 1-24 set with simple felt cases for the discs and no extras, but unfortunately it's bootleg. I almost never watch the extras anyway.
    On a side note, the post s10 sets should only cost 20 bucks at the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    Why the fuck would anyone WANT a release with no special features?
    Of course I want the extra features, I just wish they would issue legit copies of all the seasons first so I don't have to keep going to illegal websites to watch the newer episodes. Afterwards, they can get the extra features out.
    That would be a waste of money for everyone.
    Basically. I hope they just release a 1-25 set with the movie and no extras. The extras just aren't worth the awful price.
    I'm sure it would be the same price and no one would even buy it.
    If it was the same price I def wouldn't buy it. The extras mean nothing to me.
    Just thought this belonged here, sorry you two for the notification.

Blog Entries

i have a few seasons of various tv shows{random shit from king of the hill to full house}

the ones i love the most and take care of the most are my breaking bad ones

The ones I take care of the most are my South Park ones. I have all the seasons plus all the extra DVDs/compilations.

Blog Entries

South Park is second most important to me

I have all the regular fold out ones, except I can't seem to find the fold out s13, so I just have the plastic jewel case. Good lord I searched all over for my South Park collection.

Blog Entries

I've only got 14 and 15. I can't seem to find the others

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark Jones View Post
    I've only got 14 and 15. I can't seem to find the others
    I got 1-3 and 7-9 from a store called fye. I got 4.6,10,13,and 14 from Amazon. Season 6 from the Best Buy website. 11-12 from a store on my local Millitary base, and 15-16 from Best Buy.

Blog Entries

There's a place where I can buy used DVDs and I believe they have all of South Park, but I don't like buying used DVDs. I did with one of my Futurama volumes and I wasn't thrilled with it.

I plan to get all of them, possibly excluding season 16.

Hmm, I have this one store where I can get used DVDs, and they take care of that stuff. I got my Maggie DVD from that store, and they still had the original stickers, including the best buy price tag. The only DVD that was sucky quality was my Futurama Volume 1, but some tape fixed it up fine.

Do you have any of the original three Beavis and Butthead volumes? I got it from the used dvd store, best 30 bucks I ever spent.

Blog Entries

I've only watched Beavis and Butthead like twice

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark Jones View Post
    I've only watched Beavis and Butthead like twice
    Yeah, they never show it anymore. But my god, they put like two dozen episodes on one disc, and I watched them on a really long road trip and it was the best thing ever.

You have any of the Simpsons seasons?

Blog Entries

I'll probably watch the whole show someday

I have the first 14

Awesome. I have 1-10, then 14-16, and 20, plus the movie, TOH, and Maggie DVD.

Blog Entries

oh yeah, I kinda impulse bought season 20.

I got s20 and I was like hey this ain't half bad, then I got the season 8 Maggie and I was blown away at how good classic Simps was.

Blog Entries

I vowed not to get season 20 because it was just the episodes and at the time I considered it one of the worst seasons of the show, but then one day out of the blue I bought it. I've watched it exactly one time all the way through.

I bought season 8 the day it came out and a couple days, after having watched every episode, I had determined it was my favorite season of the show{it still is, too}.

Season 8 was my fav till I watched Season 4, then until I watched Season 3. That's my favorite currently.

Oh crap I have to go, my wifi automatically shuts off at eleven.

Blog Entries

Season 8's been my favorite since I got it, and after rewatching the entire classic era 7 is my 2nd. I've watched both of those seasons more than any others

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have 1-14 and 20

1-5 were stupidly hard to find though.

Blog Entries

I have 1-7 currently, planning to get 8-10 for my birthday, then I'm done

I also have a copy of The Simpsons Movie cuz I wanted the commentary

really wish they'd release 1-12 on blu-ray because the dvds look weak on hdtvs. i would buy them regardless of cost.

Blog Entries

Same here. The recent blu-rays have had some old episodes on em and they look so much better on blu.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have Seasons 1-8 and the movie. I bought all of the Seasons at a Walmart and a used video store about a year ago (5 I got years before that), and the movie at a Grocery Outlet.

Not really sure whether or not to bother buying any of the other Seasons. I'll probably get 9 and 10 during the summer, maybe more if my local video store sells them for $15 or less.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by parklife View Post
    really wish they'd release 1-12 on blu-ray because the dvds look weak on hdtvs. i would buy them regardless of cost.
    i watch them on my xbox on a brand-new westinghouse TV and i think they look great. no need for a blu-ray imo

i have 1-10, 12, 14-16, 20 plus the movie, treehouse of horror, kiss and tell, and christmas 2. haven't bought a season set since 10. have to get 11 someday but i'm not in a hurry. the rest i've gotten for christmas each year. i'll probably end up owning the complete series because i get a simpsons DVD every year since 12.

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
    i watch them on my xbox on a brand-new westinghouse TV and i think they look great. no need for a blu-ray imo
    the compression artifacts are pretty apparent on my setup, as are annoying white lines at the edges of the frame and weird exposures in the corners that look like light leaks. this stuff is not even visible on an analog tv, though. and i can live with them for now. blu-ray remasters would just clean up these inherent flaws of the dvd transfers. plus they would make lots of $$$ for fox

I have 1-13 on DVD. Then I have 14-16 and 20 on Blu-ray. 20 was incredibly hard to buy as I knew how god-awful it was.

The hardest one for me to find was the regular season 6 box. I found it at a used dvd store and bought it immediately.

I have the first 6 volumes of Family Guy and the first 14 seasons of South Park. I stopped buying them when Netflix / Steaming came into mainstream. I wouldn't say I have a favorite cause its all junk in the long run.

Probably the most impressive DVD I have is the E.T. Ultimate Gift Boxed Set. It has both versions of the movie, the soundtrack, separate special features disc (including a version of the film you can watch with John Williams playing a the soundtrack live) a hardcover book, and a still from the movie.

Thread Information