Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chozen

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I saw the first episode. It was... Okay. The first two acts were really shitty, and the third was alright, but had it not been for the surprisingly good rap music they made, this could have been just another crappy pilot. I'll download the second episode to catch up before tonight. As for the show, it does have potential and talent, but it feels like the trashy dialogue of Good Vibes (which was made by some of the team on Chozen) and the setup of Unsupervised put together. The show makes me miss Unsupervised a lot more though. It was weak at the beginning, but it got really good towards the end. I feel that Chozen will probably fall into the one-off season of doom and will be forgotten by next year.

3/5

I hear the second episode was worse. Here's to hoping I can survive that headache later today.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well I'd say the 3rd episode was an improvement over the first 2 providing a few more laughs than usual. A 4/5 from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Blog Entries

I watched the 3rd episode, "Beef", earlier. Pretty solid. I'm actually pretty interested in the story arc of Chozen trying to get revenge on Phantasm. Subplot didn't really do anything for me though, bar the ending. 4/5
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Well, looks like people on here have most likely decided to stop watching this, but I watched the fourth episode, "Da Director". It was fairly fucked up and oddly pop-culture reference heavy. Also, Chozen and Tracy both were real cunts in this with little to no reason. I know there's only been 3 episodes before this but it just didn't feel in character based on what we've seen of them thus far. Troy's sub-plot was decent enough, although as I mentioned, fairly fucked up. It was like someone took the American Dad episode with the Mexican whore-house and mashed it up with the Drawn Together episode where Captain Hero finds out he has a giant retard son.

Um... I dunno, 3/5... I... guess?

creative photos what you attached here

Quote Originally Posted by joneswilson View Post
    creative photos what you attached here
    THX

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

I watched one episode and, yeah, I think that's it for me
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Blog Entries

Aw yeah! Chozen's back! Episode 5, "Laced", was fuckin' great! A real step up from the last episode. 5/5

Blog Entries

Well, as with just about everything else lately, I was a little behind on Chozen.

"I'm with the Contraband" was a really fun episode. Seeing everyone working together as a unit as opposed to Chozen doing everything while everyone else points out that he's a dumbass provided a good dynamic as well as substantial use of the core characters. Also good to see the little nods to Chozen wanting revenge on Phantasm even when it's not the main crux of the story. Helps the series feel a little more on point even when the episode isn't doing much to contribute to the arc that the premise of the series sets up. Solid 5/5

" Family Weekend (or How Gary Got His Groove Back)" wasn't as good but still not bad. It was interesting to see Chozen and Tracy's parents. Tracy's story with Brenda felt very familiar and I was expecting it to end on a sour note given how it progressed but they managed to swerve it in a sweet path that didn't feel too contrived. Chozen and Gary's story was the real winner here as they managed to add a more likeable perspective to Chozen as a character. Not to mention having Gary "Roll with it" as Chozen put it rather than just being emotionally distant the whole time was something that you don't see too often with the depiction of strained father/son relationships. Hopefully we'll be seeing Gary and Brenda again in the future. Oh, and this was also the first episode to not feature Ricky, Crisco or Troy, which to be honest wasn't a bad thing. Not that I don't like the characters but I'd rather they be used effectively when they are in an episode rather than just standing around like props that look on at Chozen's idiocy. 4/5

Appears that according to you the show is improving perhaps. I might check it out sometime when I'm bored.

Blog Entries

@Shaunbadia I actually thought the family episode has been the funniest one yet. Hard to imagine Shelby Fero wrote that episode as i follow her on twitter and she is rarely funny on there. But hey I'd be open to her writing more episodes.

Blog Entries

why are you following someone you only rarely find funny?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    why are you following someone you only rarely find funny?
    Her stand-up is okay but I meant her twitter posts are rarely funny.

A lot of funny comedians are rarely funny on social media

Blog Entries

Just watched "Boy's Night". It was a little weaker than the previous 2 episodes but it was interesting at least. Seeing Chozen actually getting a little emotional over Hunter leaving him was nice, as he was a total cunt at the start and it provided a decent counter-balance. Sure, the other people at the gay club were uptight pricks themselves, but Chozen being Chozen, he still managed to come off as the worst of the two sides, mainly because when he teamed up with the unattractive people that weren't even allowed in to begin with, he was still only in it for himself. Crisco and Ricky's subpolt was ok, but I could've done without the awful "Onion pussy" gag. Ricky and the Dominatrix was pretty funny though. 3/5

Also, yet another episode without Troy, and the first episode not to feature Tracy or Jimmy (Unless you count the flashbacks from old episodes near the end, which I don't). Maybe this is the beginning of the show using it's characters as and when needed as opposed to cramming everyone in for the sake of letting you familiarise yourself with them like they seemed to be doing for the first few episodes.

Blog Entries

Just watched "In a Pickle". Damn this was a weird episode from every possible perspective, but I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy it. There was tension here... like, honest to God drama that had me itching to see where they would take things. Suffice it to say, the note it ended on has left me pumped as all fuck for the season finale next week. 5/5

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Just watched "In a Pickle". Damn this was a weird episode from every possible perspective, but I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy it. There was tension here... like, honest to God drama that had me itching to see where they would take things. Suffice it to say, the note it ended on has left me pumped as all fuck for the season finale next week. 5/5
    I wonder why they're ending it early. It was ordered for 13 episodes. Maybe they're gonna give it the Unsupervised treatment.

Blog Entries

@Startug since the show began there's only been 10 episode names actually listed, and they're all in production order with the next episode featuring Chozen finally going head-to-head with Phantasm which given the progression of the arc, seems like a natural note to end the season on. Somehow I can't help but think that if 3 additional episodes were ordered then it either means "Season 2" is a go or that the number was trimmed down from 13 to 10 before they even went into production. The ratings don't seem to be too far off from the first season of "Archer" either. Granted, the show has yet to go over the 1 million mark like "Archer" managed 3 times within the the first season, with the remainder all being below that, but there's really not a whole lot of reason for them to cancel it this early on given the arguably similar start of it's predecessor.

Blog Entries

Bumping this back up (Because a shitload of South Park R&R's are cluttering up the first page of Animated Discussion, also because season finale). "The Battle of Broken Spear" was a fantastic episode. A great way to end the season while leaving me with a hunger for more. They sure as shit better renew this. I'm still not quite over the way it ended. 5/5

I'll keep you updated if it does get renewed, but I have my doubts that it will.

I only saw one episode which I really disliked. Since it's been averaging about a half a million viewers per episode and getting pretty mixed reviews, i'd be surprised if they renewed it

Blog Entries

It's been cancelled, along with the show "Legit".
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/fxxs...zen-cancelled/

Well, at least it went out on a satisfying conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    It's been cancelled, along with the show "Legit".
    http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/fxxs...zen-cancelled/

Well, at least it went out on a satisfying conclusion.
    Didn't get around to watching the whole show, but it's not a surprise.

Blog Entries

Well, it managed more episodes than Allen Gregory...
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Moe View Post
    Well, it managed more episodes than Allen Gregory...
    Let's not compare good shows to Allen Gregory in any way, shape or form.

I would have picked Unsupervised for a second season over Chozen though.

Blog Entries

Real potential squandered. Its because they tried too hard with the pop culture gags i say.

Blog Entries

DVD is out. Contains 3 unaired episodes.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SOGYZHVWNPBVDL

Thread Information