Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Vidya Games Thread: Microsoft/Sony Edition

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Also, I know I've been drooling over the Crash remaster a ton in this thread already but AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Warped looks so fucking pretty!

Seeing the bike levels makes me yearn so badly for a CTR remaster.
    How to remaster

LIS Ep 1: This Action Will Have Consequences
    LIS Ep 2: Boy, That Escalated Quickly!

WTF with all the SHIT going down in Ep 2, wow. Thankfully, I was "successful" by the end of it but uh there appears to be some dark shit happening in this game. Ep 3 got its work cut out.

Dana dancing in her room = cutest thing ever btw
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Damn, didn't know how far in you were but uh... shit's only gonna get darker as it goes.

It's rough in places, but again, it's a blast.

Yeah so far I'm enjoying it. The setting is comfortable, I want to care about the other students. And the lighting drives me nuts with how wonderfully warm it makes me feel. Chloe is a dick, though.

the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

holy shit

Blog Entries

looks awful but i'm totes gonna buy it
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Probably will, too. Doesn't look amazing but I like my platformers.

Jeez those final two choices in Life is Strange suck. I get the feeling only one of these choices is truly canon, too.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: deadname

Blog Entries

Well, Kingdom Hearts III is officially coming out in 2018, and Toy Story is going to be a world in it. Guess it's finally time for me to go and pre-order it as soon as I can.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 07-15-2017 at 09:26 PM.

lol Sora finally has normal sized shoes when he is a toy. The game graphically looks a lot better than it did a few years ago. Delays do wonders.

Game of Thrones by TellTale was free on PSN so I'm playing it on PS4 now. I started it on 360 but it's ridiculous laggy and a struggle to deal with.

It runs insanely smoothly now but there appear to be some issues still...

Yes, this DOES raise an interesting question...

Blog Entries

i got a ps4 finally and i got crash, ratchet and clank, bloodborne, and Every Uncharted Game. ready to catch up on some sony ips

Blog Entries

Speaking of Crash, the notorious "Stormy Ascent" which was cut from Naughty Dog's original game for being too long and difficult (although was still on the disc to be found if you had a gameshark or emulator) has now been remastered and added to the N. Sane Trilogy as free DLC. I've never played this level until last night and wow, as a pretty hardcore Crash player it's definitely a challenge. I got the box gem after 30 lives down the drain. I'm not going to even touch the time trial for it. Just a regular sapphire time relic is 7 minutes. No thanks. But yeah, I think it's cool that Vicarious Visions listened to the fans and included this.

I'm still on the first game since I've only really allowed myself to play when my sister is around. I have a platinum relic on the first 19 levels. "Native Fortress", "Sunset Vista", "Generator Room", etc. proved to take a lot out of me. I'm enjoying this game a lot but I really can't wait to get to Crash 2 already as it's just way more fun and laid back for me.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

can i just say: fuck. the. platinum. relics. spent like a half hour trying to platinum n. sanity beach alone. i don't need dat shit. crash 3 time trials on ps1 were damn hard, but i don't recall they were absolute pixel-perfect precision speedrun hard. doubt i can do all these. imagine being mad enough to platinum stormy ascent. naaah
    Last edited by Sam; 07-26-2017 at 06:41 PM.

Blog Entries

The other day I beat Crash Bandicoot on 102% or whatever amount it is when you collect all the gems. As for the relics, I have like 20 platinums and 5 golds, and I only need to get at least a gold on "The High Road" in order to be awarded the platinum trophy. I'm probably going to try it this weekend, but honestly fuck that level. You basically need to exploit running on the bridge's rope which is a borderline glitch to begin with and an incredibly unreliable one as you need to be pixel perfect just to land on it, let alone walk along it since you still need to adjust yourself slightly on the d-pad as it begins to curve. But yeah, many of those levels were never meant for time trials. I think I scored 24.42 on N. Sanity Beach which I've been working on for fun. I have no idea how someone scored 21 something seconds.

Tips off the top of my head if you want to give it a few more tries. Some obvious stuff that you might already be doing, but maybe something here can help:

- Going in front of the clock and running backwards to start it and immediately going forward shaves a considerable amount of time.
    - If you can spin the first crab into the first aku aku box and 1 second box, then I think that's good. I can't really tell, haha.
    - Tapping x slightly so that he doesn't do a full flip can save time when hopping over those pits.
    - The bouncy arrow box with the 3 second box is a forward-running one jump and done thing. Definitely restart if you couldn't do it fast.
    - The steep stone stairs is best done by jumping on the aku aku box straight onto the time box (no spinning), and the next time box should be jumped on in order to spin and land where those group of boxes are. Basically the less jumping you do when climbing those stairs, the better.
    - Once you get invincibility use the box bridge in the right path by just running across. These boxes load slower than in the original game so you need to walk on the first time box to break it and jump to give the box bridge time to load before running across.
    - I find that using the spin sparing when going uphill can give you a little boost. I also find that spamming the spin button when going in a straight line doesn't necessarily make you go faster. In many instances it slows me down.

I'm satisfied with moving on from the original Crash though. I'll probably start the 2nd game this weekend after I become frustrated with my High Road attempts.

Blog Entries

i ended up being able to platinum n. sanity beach, but it made me go crazy enough to know the platinum relics aren't worth my time. gold ones are fun challenges though, more my speed for that frustrating ass first game

also that spyro code 'easter egg' for warped and activision's ip announcement has basically confirmed to me that that remaster is happening, so pretty hyped to see that eventually come. these would be a little harder to impress me with though, cus i know 2 and 3 in and out and theyr some of my favorite games ever

Blog Entries

New Injustice 2 dlc pack dropped revealing that the next characters are Raiden, Black Manta, and, of all people, Hellboy.

Hellboy in an Injustice game? Sweet. But really, I'm just glad it wasn't Spawn.

Blog Entries

cuphead is a fucking bastard of a game and it's so frustrating and you can tell they designed it to be frustrating but at the same time you have to play it more and get better so you can feel the satisfaction of vanquishing some dumb cartoony boss that has been kicking your ass for the last hour and gjlanteoinfsnenrwuifnibcdsfioewf error file not fucking found

this game is great and so much fun, love this shit

Blog Entries

it is something that requires a break though, might just be me, but I can only handle the frustration to a certain point where I feel I have to do something else. gonna be at this game for a while, not something I can finish in a few days time

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Been stuck on that fucking flower boss for days now and it's just pissing me off. It's cause of that fucking floater above you that you can't shoot until it opens. Gah.

Blog Entries

Welp I finally beat the bastard.

Blog Entries

This is pretty cute

Blog Entries

It's a joycon knock-off lmao. I mean it's neat but it's obvious where they got the idea

Blog Entries

The third DLC pack for Injustice 2 has been announced, featuring the Atom, the Enchantress, and all four members of the Teenage Mutant NInja Turtles.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanne conway View Post
    cuphead is a fucking bastard of a game and it's so frustrating and you can tell they designed it to be frustrating but at the same time you have to play it more and get better so you can feel the satisfaction of vanquishing some dumb cartoony boss that has been kicking your ass for the last hour and gjlanteoinfsnenrwuifnibcdsfioewf error file not fucking found

this game is great and so much fun, love this shit
    I can see what you mean. Many reviewers nevertheless gave the game good to perfect reviews, such as GameSpot.

Blog Entries

don’t know about perfect, but it is a really good game. It’s hard as hell but that’s the main draw really. Well that and the 1930s cartoon style

Blog Entries

Pretty sure I'm not even halfway through. Too hard.

Blog Entries

Well, I have some good news: StudioMDHR has released patch 1.1.3 that has fixed numerous bugs and glitches, including the "Mugman army glitch", and added art improvements and a spooky announcer in the Mausoleum stages. Take a look:

Story

Thread Information