Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: PowerPuff Girls Reboot

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Okay, that crossover actually seems pretty funny. Interesting that they've gone for the girls living in another dimension rather than just being like "Oh, Townsville just happens to be a few cities over from Jump City".

Actual reboot still looks like total garbage and the voices seem like they're getting worse as time goes on, especially Buttercup.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Wow, it looks like the crossover is going to bringing back all the stuff that the reboot has neutered, like the violence and the narrator, and that so far it feels like the PPG are closer to the classic era here on someone else's show then in their own reboot.

That's kind of sad, actually.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 06-27-2016 at 10:06 AM.

Blog Entries

they even look more like the original designs. kinda weird

Blog Entries

it's those thick outlines, man. something every ppg character should have.

Blog Entries

They look better with the thick outlines actually.

Anyway, a second season is already in the works.

Also, the head writer for the episode "Horn Sweet Horn" (The one about a horse becoming a unicorn) has stated that the episode was never meant to be a parallel to trans-genders or have any subtext it at all, it was just supposed to be a episode about a horse wanting to be a unicorn. It was the higher-ups who promoted it and claimed/lied that it was about transgenderism.

Blog Entries

Whether that's just the writer's way of trying to dig himself out of a hole or not, fuckin' at the outright admission that there was a blatant attempt at pandering to trans people on CN's part which backfired so hard. Again, a large part of bringing PPG back was to have another crack at that merchandising juggernaut that once was, and it just goes to show that regardless of what the creators are doing, CN is gonna try and push as much as they can to make the it seem like they're being progressive with the show even when they don't have a fucking clue what's going on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
    they even look more like the original designs. kinda weird

Chris Battle, character designer for TTG was also a character designer for the og powerpuffs. they seriously look so much better with thicker outlines, still not perfect though and those voices seem even more unfitting with these crossover designs.

and oof, poor craig. old show gets dug up without his consent and his current show gets cancelled and is now ded

Blog Entries

Well, I watched the crossover, and honestly...it wasn't as bad as I thought it would. Actually, I found it pretty enjoyable at times. It helps that the Powerpuff Girls and Mojo Jojo are basically written more like how they are in the classic series then the reboot. Seriously, if it wasn't for the different voices and the slightly different designs for Bubbles and Buttercup, they could have been the same ones from the classic show. Things that the reboot has downplayed a lot like the narrator and Mojo Jojo have come back with a lot more importance then they've had in a long time. Come to think of it, is this the first time we've seen Mojo's' volcano lair in the reboot? And even the girls and Mojo look better here then in their own show.

It's weird that they basically acknowledge that the Titans are jerks and even outright say they don't care about stopping crime though. Didn't they used to have more episodes about the Titans trying to stop crime back in the earlier seasons? Their even more childish here then the Powerpuffs. Also, Cyborg and Beast Boy are basically brain-dead dumbasses here, but their odd friendship with Mojo was kind of charming. The running gag between Robin and the narrator was pretty funny, and I liked that it had an actual payoff. Most of the jokes were pretty funny too. So yeah, the crossover was better then I had it hoped it would be, and is arguably the best episode of PPG since the reboot. Almost makes wish that the TTG writers would just take over and write PPG from now on.

They managed to make it through the whole thing without one joke about Bubbles and Raven both being (or in Bubbles case, used to be) voiced by Tara Strong. I can't tell if that's really annoying, or if it's really clever.

The scene where the girls actually beat up Mojo was really shocking to me. I mean, it's basically just as violent as it was in the old show (including Mojo getting a tooth knocked out), but still, WTF? They have to neuter the Powerpuff Girls' fighting and violence on their own show, but it's no problem if they do it on someone else's show?

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Crossover was fun, just wish it was much longer. Not sure if they would've done more interactions past just the Titans treating the PPG's like babies with the extra time, but it'd still be nice if just to see more of the PPG characters competently written again.

A few good jokes in there (Mojo's monkey rap, the Narrator being a voice in Robin's head), and like other TV crossovers it could've done a lot more with mixing the two shows, but what the episode did have I enjoyed.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Thread Information