Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick and Morty

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Well the season finale was pretty good and was a fitting end to the season. We got a little insight into Rick which I liked both plots were interesting too. My only small grip was how the end kinda took the silly route instead of the serious route with Morty doing some emotional thing with getting away from rick but if that had happened I guess the show would be over. Overall a really funny episode that gets a 4 bumped up to a 5 for the rick dance which was just amazing.

Overall this show has so much potential to get even better then it already is, it's a damn good show and is probably one of the best new animated shows in years. Love it.

Also I hope these new characters we met will return as they were pretty cool. And I was expecting some more scenes with Morty and Jessica.

The same person made a model costumes version for Morty, I love how he's wearing his original character's outfit from 'Doc and Mharti' in the first one, the "I my Grandpa" one is really cute and theres also one where he's dressed as Kyle from South Park, haha.
    http://disfiguredstick.tumblr.com/post/82665249926

Blog Entries

A good, fun episode that's not quite as good as the previous episode and has a tad bit too much going on, but it's still highly enjoyable. Really enjoyed all the creativity the writers had in creating these new characters (Abradolf Lincter was the best one) and they were able to tie in some stuff that had been going on all season like Morty & Jessica and of course finding out what "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub" actually means. (and that Rick is likely trying to forget something traumatic) The Titanic stuff was great too, if only for Jerry chastising Beth for stereotyping racists, and revealing that he might have been raped before by a stereotypical rapist. Wow.

Also Birdperson was the best, hooking up with the girl who likes bukkake. "Birdperson can arrange that."

Too bad S2 will have to wait til December or next January. Great series, I look forward to the home video release.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky

Blog Entries

Ha ha, just realized that the Titanic sank April 15th 1912. Great timing.

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam, Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

I hope that post is taken out of context someday.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

Just watched "Ricksy Business". It was fun, though not as strong a finish as I was expecting. It opted to go more in the route of goofy than anything else. Sure, there seemed to be a hint of seriousness when Birdperson was putting things into perspective for Morty and I liked that, but the whole "Clockstoppers" style ending with Rick breaking the fourth wall was... well, it's not that I didn't like it, Hell, if anything it was pretty ballsy to go out on "That's the end of Season 1!" with the implication of their being a second to come (I know it's renewed, but I wonder if Justin and Dan did at the time the lines were recorded) it's just that this episode as a whole felt like a bonus thing that wasn't even planned. Like, "Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind" has more of a season finale feel to it due to the overall tone of how the episode plays out, whereas "Ricksy Business" is just a silly "Let's just fuck around and have some fun" thing. I suppose you could say this episode it closer in tone to "Rixty Minutes" albeit without as much of an emotional pull towards the finish. 4/5 feels about right for this instalment.

BRING ON SEASON 2! GOD THIS IS GONNA BE THE LONGEST FUCKING WAITING PERIOD EVER!
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Funny show. Haven't seen the last two episodes but from the reviews I've been seeing, it seems like Ill be in for a treat.

Okay guys I just saw the pilot and... Adult Swim... you may have brought the greatest goddamn animated show on your network. Of all time. Can't wait to see some more episodes.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Better than Home Movies?

Impossible...

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    Better than Home Movies?

Impossible...
    I didn't think about Home Movies actually. I consider that to be UPN's biological child and AS was a foster parent. Nonetheless, it did actually RAISE the show, so I guess your point stands. I would argue with The Boondocks, but season 3 was lame and I'm concerned about season 4.

Blog Entries

If you guys haven't played it already, I advise you to check out "Rick and Morty's Rushed Licensed Adventure" on the Adult Swim website. It's an episodic game with 3 so far and one more to go from what I can tell.
    http://video.adultswim.com/rick-and-morty/special/

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

Well I FINALLY got around to seeing the pilot. Well, I will be honest that I was expecting a little more substance. I mean, the whole thing was just a bit pointless in the end. I know it's Adult Swim so you have to expect wacky-ness but well, yeah.
    The humour was pretty decent and it did me smile/chuckle a few times.
    I understand it was the Pilot which are normally pretty awful for quite a lot of shows but still from all the good things and hype I've heard (for only 6 episodes) I was expecting a tad more.
    I guess it would just scrape a 4/5. I'll probably watch the second episode tonight.
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe its just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

Blog Entries

There's 11 episodes, Elliot.

And yeah the show really escalates in episode 2.

11!? Sweet.
    And good, good. It definitely has potential but I just hope it doesn't waste it on filler plot and a few good jokes which is the vibe I got from the pilot.
    But hey, there has to be some reason that everyone raves about it.

Well I haven't had too good a past week so I've been trying to make time pass with shows so I ended up watching like 5 of these back-to-back.
    I do now understand what the critical acclaim was about, this show is really, really good.
    The show improves immensely from the pretty weak premier (IMO). Rick is a really great character and the chemistry with Morty works brilliantly too. The humour isn't laugh out loud but it's pretty witty, which I like.

As for negatives, I would say the show feels a bit too formulaic. "Rick or Morty tries something scientific but it goes wrong then Rick needs to fix it. " I know every show like this has a bit of a formula but to me, it's really noticeable in this show.
    Episode 6 had a FLAWLESS ending that was done so devastatingly that it was honestly heart-breaking. I'd like to see more of these "break-the mold" moments throughout the series.

And for the record: "M Night Shaym Aliens" is my favourite episode.

Also, I hate to bring this up because I don't want to be one of those whiners but that rape scene was a bit sketchy... like... it didn't really feel deserved or even fit in well. I'm all for these shows having a dark tinge and trying out new things but gah, felt a bit shock value-esque.

NOT TO LEAVE THIS POST ON A NEGATIVE NOTE: THIS SHOW IS VERY VERY GOOD AND I LOOK FORWARD TO WATCHING THE REST OF IT. IN FACT, I'M GOING TO WATCH ONE NOW.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I remember some people complaining about that scene when it came on. I think it was Justin on Twitter that said it was dark, but needed to finish the episode right.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

morty almost got raped by a giant jellybean

like, it's a jellybean

Blog Entries

They are recording commentary now
    http://instagram.com/p/neTVy8A4EH/

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

Can't stop listening to this

Banned

'badia ya fucking nerd!

Anyway I've just caught up with this show and I'm very impressed. Rick is a great character, Morty is... not as great but serviceable for the dynamic between the two and Jerry is pretty funny. Very witty type of humour which I can definitely see Harmon's imprint into. Best episode was undoubtedly the penultimate episode 'Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind', with all the Rick and Morty clones.

Overall I'd rate this first season as B+/A-, with a lot of potential.

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky

Blog Entries

Gotta love how the Rick and Morty Facebook page shares all of the cool stuff the fans make. They just posted this yesterday.

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky

Just finished Season 1
    I wanna keep this short and sweet:

I know I was a ney-sayer at first and I do think there are a couple of gripes but this show is really, really, REALLY good
    Like... could a first season of a show get any better?
    My favourite moment of the series remains when Rick and Morty had to bury their own dead bodies and Morty went all crazy. The serious overtones really help define this show.

Blog Entries

I also just recently finished season 1 and yeah, this show is pretty good. I didn't think it was comedy genius but its definitely got a lot of wit and sharp writing. The characters for the most part are really great and have all had a chance to shine throughout the first 11 episodes. I love how Rick can be a complete dick a lot of the time but still has moments where we see he still has a heart. At first I thought the drunk slurring and belching would get old fast, but thankfully they toned it down a bit after the first 2 or 3 episodes. I felt that Morty's constant whiny voice would get grating quick but it just got funnier with each episode (I love how he tries to convince Rick to buy him the sex doll). I've also grown quite a fondness for Jerry, the loveable but slow-witted father. I can see him being the focus of many good episodes to come. Even Summer, who at first seemed to just be the typical "teenage girl" character has become quite enjoyable to watch. The only family character I think could be better is Beth who I think just needs to be expanded upon more in later episodes. There's a lot of potential here and I look forward to season 2.
    Season 1: The humble beginnings -- Seasons 2-8: The classic era -- Season 9: The first season where noticeable flaws began to appear -- Season 10: The last decent season -- Season 11: The first BAD season -- Season 12: The last season with episodes worth watching -- Seasons 13-Present: Zombie Simpsons

Blog Entries

Part 4 of Rick and Morty's Rushed Licensed Adventure
    http://games.adultswim.com/rick-and-...line-game.html

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

Well, it's about fucking time!

35. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky

Blog Entries

Doing what I can to keep this thread updated until season 2

37. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

I don't give a fuck!

...will be unbleeped

Blog Entries

I'd have been very disappointed if it wasn't.

40. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Nicky

Blog Entries

There will be a Rick and Morty Panel at Comic Con on Friday 2uly 25th
    http://video.adultswim.com/presents/...omic-con-2014/

Alos a little fun fact. Did you know Mike Chapman did the animation on the "Rick and Morty's Rushed Licensed Adventure" game on adultswim.com?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    Did you know Mike Chapman did the animation on the "Rick and Morty's Rushed Licensed Adventure" game on adultswim.com?
    Nice! Fuckin' Homestar Runner marks all over the place lately.

Thread Information