10 11.49%
  • Other

1 1.15%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite Simpsons Game? [POLL]

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Banned
    Blog Entries

Out of the ones i have played The Simpsons Game. It´s not that great but it´s fun to play when you are bored. I haven´t played Tapped Out much but from what i have played of it, it seems fun too. I tried to download Hit And Run but it didin´t work on my mac and from what i have heard about it i probably prefer the former two anyway.

Blog Entries

The Simpsons Game is the only one I've actually played, so it wins by default.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Simpsons Game, Road Rage, Hit and Run and Tapped Out are the only ones I've played. Would like to try the Skateboard and Wrestling ones. But the rest look pretty awful. Like I can get for nostalgic reasons but as games, they don't look very good.

Blog Entries

they really aren't that good. just did a run through of bart vs. the world and bartman meets radioactive man these last few days, was able to complete both of them. vs. the world is the easiest nes game i feel(although still a pain), with bartman second. still can't get out of the mall in space mutants, probably going to try again later today. fuck space mutants though, i mean all three are pretty bad but space mutants is just the worst. at least the other two games you take more than two hits before you die. all three suffer from the same basic problems, like shitty controls, poor hit detection, and the thing of never knowing of what's below you(though many a nes game suffers from this problem, don't get it).

also bart simpson's escape from camp deadly is a slow and clunky platformer with little fun in it, but i was able to beat it in about 45 minutes last night at work. but it's still garbage. fucking acclaim, holding the simpsons video game rights hostage for all those years.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the answer is obv the forgotten classic text adventure YOU ARE LISA SIMPSON
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Blog Entries

Are we ever gonna see another game? By which I mean Hit & Run and The Game-esque

Al Jeany apologist scully apologist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Surely there will be a sequel at some point. It's such a well-loved game and there's big money in nostalgia.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I sure hope so! Tapped Out is just so frigging boring. I deleted it from my Android.

Blog Entries

Without a doubt, Hit and Run. I have a lot of fond memories playing the game when I was growing up. The Simpsons Game was also pretty good, it's a shame they never made a sequel to it, it might have been even better. I'm also finding Tapped Out to be a lot more fun then I thought it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Scully Apologist View Post
    Surely there will be a sequel at some point. It's such a well-loved game and there's big money in nostalgia.
    I think there are three reasons why a Hit and Run sequel hasn't been made yet:

One is that Hit and Run was published by Vivendi Games, which was later bought by Activison. Since the rights to Simpsons games are now owned by EA, they wouldn't be able to even re-release the game unless they worked out some kind of deal. Two is that the developers if the game, Radical Entertainment, had huge lay-offs because Prototype 2 didn't sell very well, so while their still around, they haven't done anything in years. Three is that now most games based off of licensed properties are apps and iOS games. This is because of a combination of most licensed games usually being considered mediocre, and it being cheaper and easier to just make them IOS games so they can make more money. That's probably why Tapped Out is the only Simpsons game that's been made in years, unless you count Lego Dimensions as technically being a Simpsons game.

Although if they ever make a Hit and Run sequel, I would pre-order that as fast as possible.

Blog Entries

I don't care for about specifically Hit & Run, just another third person game with the characters. Wether it's driving or fighting. But the dream is, well, just a GTA ripoff, but a huge Springfield, online play, and tons of secondary characters to play as. Would be cool to just run around and see other characters also run around and do crazy shit, fight them etc.

2017 EDIT: Umm... I have no idea what I'm trying to say.
    Last edited by Grifty McGrift; 10-20-2017 at 01:01 AM.

I really liked Hit and Run a lot. But I also like The Simpsons Game. And I haven't played Road Rage in years. Probably more than 10 years actually. I remember playing that game a lot when I was little and lots of memories from it.

Junior Camper

Hit and Run. Mainly for the scale and attention of detail that went to to emulate the show. I liked the newest console game too mind.

I found Tapped a pain to play due to all the hurdles you have to go through to actually enjoy it.

You know what game I'd really like to see get given a re-imaging though? Virtual Springfield. Exploring Springfield as it is (in 2D) was fun, but the lack of reason to be there hindered the game. If they remade it with today's technology they could do so much more with it. Bump into characters and help them achieve objectives through puzzles, items etc in a adventure game like manner.

They could also update the game with new content from time to time too.
    Last edited by Tad; 08-16-2016 at 03:31 AM.

I've got to give it to Road Rage. It's partly due to Nostalgia but I also found it really therapeutic to just drive about and be a taxi driver. And all the hilarious character quotes whilst driving

I only have The Simpsons: Tapped Out, so I'll say that is my favorite game. Pretty unique and cool for a mobile game. Wish that there was a Simpsons game for the Wii U and 3DS (also maybe for the Switch, but I'm not sure).

But, I'm planning to own a Gamecube in the future, and if I ever get it, I will definitely get Hit & Run and Road Rage for the system (along with a couple other Gamecube games). So at that time, H&R will be my runner-up favorite, and Road Rage will be in 3rd place.

I do have a Playstation 3, though (got it in the holiday season ten years ago), because I'm planning to get The Simpsons Game for the PS3 in the future, too, which I think is better than the Wii version (which is boring and bland imo (that's why I'm not getting the Wii version), and I still have my original Wii system I got ten years ago).

As for the arcade game, I'm not sure if I'll get it, since the PS3/Xbox Live version is now discontinued (pretty bs imo, since I have a PS3 and I was planning to get the digital version), and if I ever get an arcade cabinet of the game, I might play it, but I never played it before (The cabinet is, however, at Galloping Ghost Arcade, which is our local arcade/video game place in Brookfield, IL, but I live somehow not near there, but a little close. GGA also has a The Simpsons Bowling cabinet. I might get into playing the arcade someday at GGA).

Since I love pinball, I might be getting the two Simpsons pinball machines in the future (both the Pinball Party version and the older 1990/91 version). As for other Simpsons games I didn't mention, I'm not sure.

So, as of now, Tapped Out is my favorite.
    I'm just like Bart!
    I'm Bart, who are you? by The No Homers Club

A 15 year old girl who loves The Simpsons and is also smart, funny, and creative.

Blog Entries

i've only ever played the arcade game, the simpsons game, and tapped out

out of those I'd have to say the arcade game.

Blog Entries

How have you not played Hit & Run

Blog Entries

eh, not much of a gamer and never really have been.

Birthplace of the Flaming Moe Welcome to Moe's's Avatar

I really enjoyed The Simpsons Arcade but I've heard a lot about The Simpsons Game too, although I don't think I've ever played it. Another one I know is quite popular too is The Simpsons Wrestling, I think I tried this a little at some point but don't think I really gave it much of a chance so can't really comment on that.

One I did like, and I think it's quite mixed on the reactions is Virtual Bart, there were certain parts of that I preferred more than others (for example the Tomato throwing and in the water slide) and Krusty's Fun House I'm sure was pretty good too from what I can remember.

Would definitely love to see a new Simpsons game though on the new consoles, it's been a while since we've had a good Simpsons game and the franchise is still big enough so fingers crossed they'll bring one at some point.

'"Uh, Hugh Jass! D'oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass"

tbh the simpsons game is my favorite one but ive never played hit and run so idk
    please kill me

The Simpsons Game and Hit & Run are both fine games - very solid at least - but for some reason, I found myself losing interest in them, putting them down and never picking them up again to finish them. I like a bit of retro gaming whenever I get sick of the current rotation though, so maybe I'll give them another look sometime.

In terms of nostalgia, I go way back to Bart vs The Space Mutants and Bart vs. The World. I had fun with them back in the day, but they are tremendously flawed. Everything James Rolfe said about them in the AVGN episode was absolutely spot on.

I might have to say that Arcade is my favourite, carrying a lot of nostalgia and being a game that still holds up (not unlike the TMNT arcade game). The story is ridiculous and the references/world are pretty limited given how early on in the show's run it was made, but it doesn't make it any less fun.
    A little less Generic than before.

Does anyone remember Krusty's Fun House? I think I only played this briefly but from what I can recall it wasn't too bad, it's been a while though since I've seen it so I dunno.

I do indeed! It was a decent platform puzzle game and fairly well-made, though it didn't feel as exciting or appealing as Mutants or World (despite probably being more technically sound than both of them).

Yeah, it kind of had the Lemmings concept to it didn't it? What was the one where Bart would be collecting the Zzz's, was it Bart's Nightmare?

Edit: Yeah haha, I actually wouldn't mind a SNES again but they're so expensive for the games, they recently released a SNES Mini which looks pretty cool but of course only has so many games, The Simpsons aren't on there though Mario Kart and some of the other Mario's are so it seems a good purchase.

Blog Entries

snes classic is incredibly easy to hack and add game roms to, I have one and have added the four nes simpsons games, and every snes game but bart's nightmare(not sure why I skipped this one, could add it though) to it.

that said all of these Nintendo games are terrible. I played and beat all the nes games a couple years back and they are amongst the most frustrating games to play due to being poorly designed. have virtually no desire to replay them again, but if I do get that wild hair up my ass they are readily available on my modded snes classic
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanne conway View Post
    snes classic is incredibly easy to hack and add game roms to, I have one and have added the four nes simpsons games, and every snes game but bart's nightmare(not sure why I skipped this one, could add it though) to it.
    Oh really, do you mean this here?

Blog Entries

yes, there's tons of tutorials like this one, and it's incredibly simple as long as you have a windows based computer(I use Mac so it was a bit more work)

The problem with the Simpsons games from the 8-bit and 16-bit era is the same one that befalls most licensed games from that time. Obviously the industry as a whole isn't as big as it is now, and developers were still working out quality control and good design techniques, but a lot of licensed games leaned very heavily on the appealing gimmick of the property they were licensing. The game themselves might be mediocre or worse (and they often were), but hey, they had real athletes/wrestlers/celebrities/characters from a TV show or movie!

Like I said, I have a certain amount of nostalgia for Bart vs The Space Mutants and Bart vs The World, but they're extremely clunky to put it kindly. The challenge comes from the awkward controls, bad hitbox detection, and lack of hit points and/or continues combined with long levels. Arcade holds up the best out of the old school games, coming from Konami at a time when they were pretty damn good most of the time.

Blog Entries

I mean there are plenty of examples of Nintendo games based off licensed properties that are good or at least playable, ninja turtles, ducktales, chip n dale, Mickey Mouse, Flintstones, Jetsons, tiny toons, Felix the cat, snoopy, etc, the problem was the developers being shit. most licensed garbage is made by companies like acclaim and ljn, companies famous for making garbage. games by taito or hudson soft or capcom or konami have much better track records.

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Beggs

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanne conway View Post
    yes, there's tons of tutorials like this one, and it's incredibly simple as long as you have a windows based computer(I use Mac so it was a bit more work)
    Ah ok, I'll give that a watch, thank you!!! So many games I'd like on that I'm really considering getting one, is it risky though doing things like this? Like can it break them or make them go faulty? I know with phones you can often jailbreak them but they end up causing loads of problems when you do, however a phone is obviously a bit more technical than a Snes mini so it's probably expected but is it completely safe to do?

So many games I'd want to put on too, The Simpsons one's obviously but Beavis and Butthead was another, Micro Machines, Rocko's Modern Life (which was never released in the UK), Asterix, Tazmania, so many really

Quote Originally Posted by Generic View Post
    The problem with the Simpsons games from the 8-bit and 16-bit era is the same one that befalls most licensed games from that time. Obviously the industry as a whole isn't as big as it is now, and developers were still working out quality control and good design techniques, but a lot of licensed games leaned very heavily on the appealing gimmick of the property they were licensing. The game themselves might be mediocre or worse (and they often were), but hey, they had real athletes/wrestlers/celebrities/characters from a TV show or movie!

Like I said, I have a certain amount of nostalgia for Bart vs The Space Mutants and Bart vs The World, but they're extremely clunky to put it kindly. The challenge comes from the awkward controls, bad hitbox detection, and lack of hit points and/or continues combined with long levels. Arcade holds up the best out of the old school games, coming from Konami at a time when they were pretty damn good most of the time.
    Yeah, I really like Virtual Bart too, there's some parts of that I'm not keen on (The dinosaur one, the pig etc..) but I love the water slide and the tomato throwing is my favourite haha, I hear you about the arcade games though, The Simpsons arcade was awesome!

Blog Entries

not really no, the only thing is when you dump the original kernel from the console you want to save it somewhere safe(every guide you find will tell you this), because that is your fallback. if you do mess something up you can always go back to the original kernel, as long as you keep it.

also you mentioned beavis and butthead but unfortunately the snes version isn't playable on the snes classic. the game runs fine, but there is a one hit kill bug, as soon as either beavis or butthead is hit by an enemy they die. it's speculated that this is an anti piracy measure, and there is currently no patch for it. I was bummed out when I found out about it too.

Thread Information