Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bordertown

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Night View Post
    American Dad only ended up great because MacFarlane stopped running it once Family Guy was revived. He helped run the first season, though, which doesn't hold a candle to the later seasons - and I'm one of the fans who likes that season. When Seth left Mike and Matt in charge, that's when the show really started to shine. I don't think any show Seth runs can actually be good anymore. He has talent, he just chooses to use it in offensive, sickening, hackneyed ways.
    Apparently according to this article, he was the co-showrunner when Mike Barker briefly left (I don't know if he will return, following Mike Barker's firing for the TBS run) but left when Mike returned
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...nd-show-375974

This might be okay, but I can't voice my opinion until the show comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Enal View Post
    Apparently according to this article, he was the co-showrunner when Mike Barker briefly left (I don't know if he will return, following Mike Barker's firing for the TBS run) but left when Mike returned
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...nd-show-375974

This might be okay, but I can't voice my opinion until the show comes out.
    Welcome to the forum by the way, Enal! Hope to see you post more.

On Bordertown, I found out that we can buy the complete series already!

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

man Mark Hentemann is a good artist

they look so life-like!

Santa's Little Helper Bart The Lover's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Startug View Post
    Welcome to the forum by the way, Enal! Hope to see you post more.

On Bordertown, I found out that we can buy the complete series already!

Would definitely buy that
    遠く、遠く、風で舞い上がる雲の上、
    ハヤブサは、空のようサイレント、一人で飛ぶ
    私は彼の孤独な叫びを聞く、
    彼は休むことができないことは、
    私は、空の曲がりくねった道に沿ってあなたと歩く
    私達は私達が愛するものから遠くだし、返すことはできませんことは、
    我々は再び見ることができないことは、私たちの出生国、

とき、私は今まで私の自宅を呼び出すための場所を見つけるのだろうか?
    悲しみは空に鷹のように旋回し、
    ときに私が今まで私の心を話す方法を見つけるだろう、
    知っている人には、一人に何ですか?

Here are some promo pics released today during Fox's presentation:

Minor changes, but they still haven't fixed the biggest problem. Why do all of them look like they're physically retarded and what are they actually STARING at?

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While I'm kind of tired of MacFarlane using the exact same animation style for every new show, only getting worse every time. (American Dad's animation started out good, but is now currently the most stale I've ever seen, almost zero body movement and life and The Cleveland Show's looked lame as fuck), but the animation for this show completely screams out "BORING"! Seriously, with the technology we have today, can we please be less lazy?
    I also hate that he once again uses the family formula. If he's gonna use it another fucking time, why not in a more interesting way? Like, maybe with a adopted kid or two fathers or two mothers instead of the standard one father and one mother? Not to mention it's two families, so what are the chances both of them will be as well-written?
    The family of Family Guy is well developed, American Dad's not flawless, but pretty good and The Cleveland Show's is terrible. I have the feeling both of these families might just leave me thinking "Uuuum... Okay."
    I'm not looking forward to this. I will at MOST give it three episodes. If it still isn't good by then, then I move on and find an other show instead, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be honest though, the animation still has some similarities to his other shows, but that's probably due to Mark Hentemann's involvement.

I'll watch all thirteen episodes out of boredom, but I would have preferred Murder Police nonetheless.

Blog Entries

I'll watch all thirteen episodes out of boredom, but I would have preferred Murder Police nonetheless.
    Agreed. I was way more on board for "Murder Police" than I am for this shit.
    How to remaster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Agreed. I was way more on board for "Murder Police" than I am for this shit.
    It's too bad Fox ended up wasting so much money on Murder Police. They've likely got one episode finished and the rest, well, who knows what? I know there are quite a few titles in the Copyright Catalog, but that's all that is known about it. The fact nothing has been said in the past seven months probably indicates this show will never see the light of day. Even if it was gonna be crap, I would still take a David Goodman project over another Seth MacFarlane show.

Update: Actually I'm wrong! It turns out that Fox copyrighted two episodes on Betacam tapes after all, and these episodes were noted on March 10th. This is my assumption: they actually did make all thirteen episodes as planned. There are thirteen scripts copyrighted. The tapes are being shopped to other networks in hopes that it'll be picked up and syndicated. Not that the show will be picked up, but I'd love to see it anyway.

Blog Entries

The animation style doesn't really look like other macfarlane cartoons. Sure it'll probably be lazily animated and primarily in 3/4 view like seth's cartoons, but the style is completely different. The characters are much uglier and less appealing, all overweight, with skinny arms, hunched over backs, and weirdly far apart eyes with huge noses and wide mouths. It's like they were trying go go for the unattractive, yet charming quality of the Bob's Burgers characters but failed miserably in the process and said "fuck it doesn't matter, we need to get this finished."

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    The animation style doesn't really look like other macfarlane cartoons. Sure it'll probably be lazily animated and primarily in 3/4 view like seth's cartoons, but the style is completely different. The characters are much uglier and less appealing, all overweight, with skinny arms, hunched over backs, and weirdly far apart eyes with huge noses and wide mouths. It's like they were trying go go for the unattractive, yet charming quality of the Bob's Burgers characters but failed miserably in the process and said "fuck it doesn't matter, we need to get this finished."
    I said it before and I'll say it again, it does look like they took a very nervous and excitable Bob's Burgers animator hostage.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Irvine, Swoony

Blog Entries

Well the backgrounds look kinda nice, lets hope the show is at least funny.

It looks like about five different Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon shows that are running right now.

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

It looks like an even cheaper version of rick and morty
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    Well the backgrounds look kinda nice, lets hope the show is at least funny.
    Hell I'll watch the show just for the backgrounds. I don't care what's going on in the foreground.

I noticed that I did predict whoever was animating/drawing the show. It turns out it IS Bento Box Entertainment, known for their work on Bob's Burgers. And then there's Devin "DVO" Roth, a great artist, and it turns out he is indeed drawing for Bordertown.

I swear, Seth must be holding a nervous Bob's animator hostage or something.

That bottle of Excedrin is a dead giveaway right there. I know I would get a headache working in that department.

Wilma Flintstone and Peggy Hill? I remember there being a Flintstones reboot in the works that got shelved; would this happen to be a reference to that? With Seth working on the show, it's no surprise. Then there's "Peggy". I see it being a tribute to a Fox animated series about Texans. I gotta give them props for that considering the show takes place at the border. All in all though, the drawings have improved since its first promotional drawing in November. I'm ready I guess.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

@Dark Homer, hmm I didn't see that coming. Obviously a marketing technique to get people to follow it.

Blog Entries

I don't think casting constitutes a marketing technique

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Monorail View Post
    This is only the beginning. Next thing you know Seth is taking over The Simpsons and starts breeding his oh-so-f***ing hilarious fart, sex, drugs, celebrity, fart, and poop jokes to it
    He already has taken over The Simpsons for a full hour
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

I forgot Matt Groening owns Hank Azaria.

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan, Startug

Wanting to switch seats The Monorail's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This Bordertown looks like even worse than FG or AD!, but Hank Azaria will probably make me watch a couple of episodes. Good to see him working on other things than The Simpsons. I hope Bordertown won't throw his talent down the well, like The Simpsons tends to do.

I just really hope it's not gonna be flash animation

The first 5 or 6 Family Guy seasons are funny, American Dad is good, Cleveland is trash, New Family Guy is horrible. Let's give this one a shot.

When Will Bordertown Air

does anyone know when the new Seth MacFarlane show Bordertown will air, it said it's meant to air in the fall of last year then got delayed to this spring and so far no promos has come up, so does anyone have any news about when this show is supposed to air.

Blog Entries

basically at this point it's probably being shopped to cable

I can't see fox holding on to it for another year, especially with the recent bob's burgers renewal and the "sunday funday" shakeups... and I can't possibly for the life of me forsee THIS being a replacement for simps if it does indeed go on hiatus.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

I don't see the point of Fox airing it, chances are it'll air 6-8 times then it'll never be seen again.

What kind of MacFarlane formula talking animal will this show have?
    Dogs, fish, bears, are already taken... I'm going to guess a Donkey or a chicken?

Thread Information