Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bordertown

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Bordertown

FOX has picked up BORDERTOWN, a new animated comedy about two families living in a Southwest desert town on the U.S.-Mexico border, it was announced by Kevin Reilly, Chairman of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company.

From Mark Hentemann and Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy), BORDERTOWN will take a satirical look at the cultural shifts occurring throughout America. Set in a fictitious desert town near the Mexico border, the series centers on the intertwining daily lives of two neighbors: BUD BUCKWALD and ERNESTO GONZALES. Married and a father of three, Bud is a Border Patrol agent who feels threatened by the cultural changes that have transformed his neighborhood. Living next door to Bud is Ernesto, an industrious Mexican immigrant and father of four, who is proud to be making it in America. As Bud and Ernesto’s paths begin to cross, their families become bound by friendship, romance and conflict.

Ugh, we needed another Seth show: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-order/214421/ In positive light, if any can be given, this actually sounds like a good premise, but it can easily go bad.
    Last edited by Startug; 11-08-2013 at 07:39 PM.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

*Sigh*...all right.
    How to remaster

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

2 families this time eh? Really pushing the envelope Seth.

Well, Dan Vebber is a co-executive producer, and the premise sounds somewhat original, but it also looks like it could easily be really awful, especially if they end up doing a lot of Mexican jokes and do the same cartoony/generic/stupid problems Cleveland Show and Modern Family Guy have. Will wait and see.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Sounds promising enough, but with Hentemen and seth who knows?

Blog Entries

Well.... at least the animation style is not just like Family Guy and AD!.

It looks like squidbillies kinda.

Blog Entries

What the fuck? Did they design this show using GoAnimate?

I swear, Seth must be holding a nervous Bob's animator hostage or something.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Telso

Blog Entries

So this time, we get 2 crazy babies and a dog version of Rallo? And all of this in the same animation style as Crash Canyon?!

...oh this is going to be fun.

Blog Entries

Dude....
    There is a chance that The Simpsons might not be on for the 2014-2015 season. So Fox Sundays will just be the "Seth McFarlene Power Hour with Bob"

No, The Simpsons got renewed for season 26. Chances are, it's Family Guy that might die soon.

Blog Entries

Shit, yeah I keep fucking up the years.

Anyways we really don't need more Seth shows, even if it is good.

Blog Entries

The animation looks like shit even from the promotional image. Those character designs are really unappealing.

Also does that one kid's shirt say "Git a boner"?

I don't have high hopes for this.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

It looks scarily similar to this old CollegeHumor parody

Bordertown gets four seasons and a Simpsons crossover.

Blog Entries

Yeah, those designs look really cheaply put together. Also, what ever happened to that show Seth was going to do with a female as the main character?

Blog Entries

This show looks like it was animated on MS Paint. The characters have a similar flatness and lazy "lets rip off seth macfarlane's style and make it look 10x worse" attitude the Crash Canyon and Brickleberry have.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 Indians Killed View Post
    Also, what ever happened to that show Seth was going to do with a female as the main character?
    That turned out to be an April Fool's joke.

I know, right? I mean, how silly of us to think that a WOMAN could be a main character.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't watch that shit

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 Indians Killed View Post
    Yeah, those designs look really cheaply put together. Also, what ever happened to that show Seth was going to do with a female as the main character?
    I'm pretty sure that was all talk, no pitch or anything outside of a talk.

Alex Borstein: Seth, I know that today is stressful for you, but I'd like it if I got to do a new voice role.
    Seth: You said that back when I got rid of Loretta Brown.
    Alex: Yes, but I want something exciting. Lois is getting old for me and I want a new female lead. I know, what about I voice an attractive mom?
    Seth: I like where you're going with this!
    Alex: And this hot mom actually runs the family!
    Seth: *cheering, soon halting to his surprise* Yay... wait what?!
    Alex: Yeah, and she's a single mom, they have a talking pet...
    Seth: Woah woah woah, hold up. Where's the dad?
    Alex: What dad?
    Seth: No, where is he? We can't run a show without a dad.
    Alex: Do we really need the dad? Please. I need to get going for the voice studio, director's being a real hardass today. But pitch the idea Seth. Thanks!
    Seth: Yes... I will be pitching that.
    *Alex leaves and Seth continues to take a forget-me-now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    That turned out to be an April Fool's joke.

I know, right? I mean, how silly of us to think that a WOMAN could be a main character.
    The show would have probably been all menstration and boob jokes anyway. Good riddance.

Blog Entries

That's good tv right there

I would almost rather see a show where the protagonists are the evil Fox crew and Seth is the antagonist. Every episode he invades the offices with a shitty idea.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    I wouldn't watch that shit
    Nor would I. Seth MacFarlane shows are capable of making people despise women as is with awful characters like Donna and Lois. Could you imagine how much of a cunt the main character of a hypothetical female lead show would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    The show would have probably been all menstration and boob jokes anyway. Good riddance.
    I can picture the Halloween special already. It begins with the main character on a date similar to the beginning of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video. She starts doing the whole bit where Michael turns into a werewolf but instead of transforming, she just unleashes an ungodly amount of period blood which spells out the main titles.

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

And I bitched about FG's animation looking lazy....that's a masterpiece compared to this! This doesn't look any more professional than a junior high art class assignment. (No offense to any middle school artists in here.) I also have no interest in watching this. It's going to be nothing but racial and ethnic slurs. This will be an animated version of Dads, just with a different premise that allows for all of the jokes to poke fun at minorities. But it will get multiple seasons simply because MacFarlane's name is on it. I can't believe they cancelled AD, but picked this up. I know I'm judging it before it airs, but I don't see it holding a candle to any of the other shows in the Animation Domination line up.

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: RomanatorX

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

This sounds like a show that has the potential to make a nice but obvious point about how Mexicans are people too and just like normal American families by not drawing attention to the fact that they are Mexican, but if it's anything like Family Guy, it's probably going to be very obvious in trying to make some far less subtle point about immigration by constantly drawing attention to the fact that they are Mexican. And if the animation is any indication, this series wasn't thought out very well, and is probably just some way to milk Seth MacFarlane's name out of as much money as possible until his name becomes a punchline to people who still think Family Guy is a good show.

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I get off of work..... only to learn that Macfarlane has ANOTHER SHOOOWWWW!!!!

SUCK MY BALLS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Blog Entries

Do I really have to go back to my "Seth MacFuckFaceFarlane" persona again? Because I will.. >_>

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam, Santa Shoz

Blog Entries

I feel like I should point out one thing.

Seth basically has stopped working on Family Guy like around season 7 or 8 right? Around when the show got REALLY bad.
    And Seth never really did anything for The Cleveland Show.
    And American Dad is basically done by Mike and what his face
    So maybe if Seth actually works on this show himself very closely maybe just maybe it will actually be good like old family guy.

Just a thought.

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: CMYK

Blog Entries

@Insomnia not really. He still had a huge hand in Ted and that movie sucked ass.

Thread Information