Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

so that was a good week, all around. i love peridot. i love vidalia.

good to hear that it will finally go back to regular, once a week, episodes starting later in august. i can't deal with everything being a binge-watch
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Blog Entries

also: lion 3: straight to video was nominated for an emmy! cool

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

This Steven Bomb is definitely

facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: deadname

Blog Entries

i have no idea what thread to post this in

edit:

OH MY GOD SOMEONE VOICED IT

oh my fuck

New ep tonight!! Nightmare Hospital

Available on DailyMotion currently, if you are into that.

Blog Entries

"Nightmare Hospital" was amazing.  Gem body-horror is especially compelling: it strikes that perfect balance of terrifying, horrifying, and tragic which makes the genre so interesting.  The development between Connie and her mom was really nice.
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Irrational garbled venting warning, may rectify in future:

CONNIE'S MOTHER IS A DELUSIONAL OVERCONTROLLING MANIAC WITH A PARTIAL DISCONNECT FROM REALITY. Oh my freaking GOD woman, HOW DO YOU NOT RECOGNIZE AN ELDRITCH ABOMINATION WHEN YOU SEE ONE, AND WHY THE HELL DO YOU AT LEAST NOT USE THE SWORD AGAINST THOSE THINGS WHEN THEY'RE TRYING TO KILL YOU, YOUR DAUGHTER AND HER BEST FRIEND.
    I understand you're a highly desensitized doctor who's seen quite some injuries, and are not easily phased by anything gruesome (and also you live in a town with a bunch of super powered gems), but my GOD HOW DO YOU NOT GIVE SOME REACTION TO A THING WITH MULTIPLE MULTI-COLORED ARMS AND NO HEADS WHATSOEVER. And WHY AREN'T YOU WELDING YOUR SWORD THE MOMENT THOSE PATIENTS ARE COMING AT YOU?!? YOU'RE IN A PROFESSION OF PEOPLE WHO ARE DEDICATED IN SAVING LIVES, AND YOU'VE GOT YOUR OWN DAUGHTER AND ANOTHER CHILD WITH YOU. PROTECT THEM, SHOW YOUR GODDAMN MOTHERLY INSTINCTS AND WELD THAT OBVIOUS BLADED WEAPON IN YOUR HANDS.
    And you know that desensitized attitude towards the monster could be kind of a funny quirk for a character IF SHE WERE ACTUALLY LIKABLE IN OTHER RESPECTS. No, you're an AUTHORITARIAN PARANOID TIGER PARENT who thinks the best thing in a child's life is a military style regimen, giving your child UTTERLY NO FREE TIME TO ACT HER AGE all while forcing her into MENTALITY OF ACHIEVING FOR THE SATISFACTION ADULTS RATHER THAN THE SELF. YOU THINK THIS IS CARING FOR A CHILD WHEN IN FACT YOU'RE JUST TURNING HER INTO SOME KIND OF YES-WOMAN WITH BARELY ANY SENSE OF INDEPENDENCE, AND YOU'RE ONLY PREPPING HER FOR DISASTER ONCE SHE MANAGES TO LEAVE YOUR HOUSE TO START HER OWN LIFE. Oh wait, no, YOU'RE PROBABLY GOING TO MOVE OUT TO WHERE SHE'S GOING TO COLLEGE SO YOU CAN MANAGE HER LIFE THERE LIKE SHE'S STILL IN GRADE SCHOOL. And considering that she's getting off so easy in this episode, I WOULDN'T BE THAT SURPRISED.
    Granted I'm no massive expert in child psychology, butI can't imagine what would happen if Steven wasn't around, because YOU'RE PROBABLY PART OF THE REASON WHY YOUR DAUGHTER WAS SO ANTISOCIAL AND TIMID BEFORE HE CAME ALONG. MAYBE Connie can come to her senses as she grows up and can manage to take control of her own life once she leaves her parents, but for all we know SHE COULD'VE GROWN UP TO BE JUST AS INSANE AS YOU ARE, AND SHE'LL REPEAT THE SAME KIND OF FUCKED UP PARENTING TO HER OWN KIDS IF SHE EVEN HAS ANY. AND SHE'LL DO IT BECAUSE SHE'LL THINK THIS IS HOW A MOTHER SHOULD TREAT HER OWN CHILD WHEN IN FACT SHE'S JUST GOING TO DESTROY THEM.

YOU. ARE. AN. ABUSIVE PARENT. I HATE YOU, SHAME ON YOU, GO TAKE GODDAMN PARENTING CLASSES YOU STUPID FUCKING GAAAAAAARGHGasGASDKAIUPHPUITVHWQJV FQGFB UUSOJHF NBHUNYHJFNBJVHU HJNBV 

EDIT:

Okay, I watched it again, and I'll admit it the first time I watched it I paused right before the ending when  Connie and her mother made up, so I got a little more pissed than expected. Connie's mother was more tolerable by the end, but before that I just detested her so much. I've known parents like her in real life, and I REALLY don't like seeing what they do to their own kids. Though at least in this one it ends with a happy ending.
    Some things did get more clearer during the second watch. I found Connie's mother actually does acknowledge the gem mutants as being stuff of nightmares, but I STILL can't get over how she never even tries to use that sword. THAT GEM MUTANT GRABBED HER OWN DAUGHTER AND SHE DOES NOTHING TO HELP HER. AND SHE'S GOT A FREAKING SWORD IN HER HAND.
    So, no, not a big fan of that character.

The rest of the episode was good though. I love seeing Connie in the show again, especially since she's been absence through the previous Steven Bomb. It's great seeing her and Steven fighting together for the first time, and I can't wait for their inevitable epic fight scene as a fusion.
    The whole dark hospital setting was cool, though it's not as creepy as the first time these gem mutants showed up in the show. The very off reactions by Connie's mother might've contributed to that, but then again maybe they never intended this episode to be that creepy.

Last edited by Suomynona; 09-10-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Great episode. Scary to see the  corrupted gem shard mutations  getting set loose out in the open now.

My husband was very quick to point out that one of them looks like William Birkin from RE2.

Sadie's story in the prev ep wasn't exactly fresh but still played out sweetly. A lot of it thanks to Steven's performance, oh man. Greatest kid.

As for the latest ep... just

Blog Entries

Loved Steven's line "Aw, you're like an angry little slice of pie!"

Also Steven and Amethyst's exchange:
    Amethyst: It's been long enough that we can joke about it, right?
    Steven: ...It's been like an hour.

The only thing I didn't like was the way the Gems blew Steven off when he tried to tell them that Peridot was trying to warn him about something. Even if they were sure she was lying just like the rest of the Gems they've fought and just couldn't bear to listen to it, they still could have explained that to him in a kinder way.

I am wondering if the "Cluster" Peridot warned of is made up of those Gem-shards from the rebellion?

Peridot is adorable and this show is killing me.

Not only was it a cute little adventure for Steven and her, we learned a looooot about that Cluster, wow.

Now I am wondering  if we'll ever see the Cluster in its full glory because, well, the planet needs to kinda explode in order for us to see the final form. 

Well this is just beyond fucking frustrating

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/steven-...ed-controversy

Bullying someone into suicide attempts because she drew fanart "wrong" and it's "problematic" that she did so and boy do I fucking hate that word more than ever.

This poisonous group of the fandom really just threw the entire message of Steven Universe out the window with this. This is why I really cannot stand when people go for aggression because they're "tired" of dealing with shit.

Quote Originally Posted by cujodog View Post
    Well this is just beyond fucking frustrating

http://www.dailydot.com/geek/steven-...ed-controversy

Bullying someone into suicide attempts because she drew fanart "wrong" and it's "problematic" that she did so and boy do I fucking hate that word more than ever.

This poisonous group of the fandom really just threw the entire message of Steven Universe out the window with this. This is why I really cannot stand when people go for aggression because they're "tired" of dealing with shit.
    The Steven Universe on Tumblr has been trashy for quite some time. If you draw the main characters in a certain way, the fandom will dox the artist and send the artist death threats. Example drawing Rose skinny or Amethyst white even though she's purple skinned. There's also the fact that the gem bodies are just a illusion and they change shape and form. The fandom is just a disease pit of nasty SJWs, and I'm not surprised that his crap has just happened. I hope that the girl is okay though and is recovering.
    Favorite by season
    1.Krusty Gets Busted 2. Bart Gets An F 3. Lisa's Pony 4. Duffless/Last Exit to Springfiled 5. Homer's Barbershop Quartet 6. And Maggie Makes Three 7. The Curse Of The Flying Hellfish 8.Hurricane Neddy 9 Das Bus 10. Wild Barts Can't Be Broken 11. Saddlesore Galactica 12. HOMR 13. Weekend at Burnsie's. 14. How I Spent My Strummer Vacation. 15. The President Wore Pearls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    The Steven Universe on Tumblr has been trashy for quite some time. If you draw the main characters in a certain way, the fandom will dox the artist and send the artist death threats. Example drawing Rose skinny or Amethyst white even though she's purple skinned. There's also the fact that the gem bodies are just a illusion and they change shape and form. The fandom is just a disease pit of nasty SJWs, and I'm not surprised that his crap has just happened. I hope that the girl is okay though and is recovering.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by a straight guy View Post
    lmao
    I'm not too sure what's so hilarious about a girl being bullied into suicide by shitty people ?

Blog Entries

if your explanation for this is nothing more than 'lol guess those CRAZY TUMBLR SJW'S are at it again huh' then you don't know anything about this

Blog Entries

sjw is a poisonous, nonsensical and ill-informed phrase anyway but can we stop just fucking ascribing it to any goddamn people? these people aren't "sjws", they're lunatics and bullies and though they may have good intentions they have expressed them extraordinarily poorly and lumping them in with people who are actually justifiably attempting to act towards social justice in a responsible manner is fucking stupid and goddamn am i sick of hearing people say sjw in general, way to cop out. sigh anyway.

this is awful, and even though it does seem like in some areas the artists has some lacking sensitivity, i hope she's okay and can move on and keep making art. if her art does indeed depict "racism/stereotyping, transmisogyny/transphobia, apologism, incest, pedophilia, fatphobia, and ableism", then that's an issue and it should absolutely be criticized and handled responsibly to not let it be perpetuated, but ruthlessly antagonizing someone to the point of suicide attempt is absolutely not the answer. i dunno if something like drawing a black character white is racism. is the opposite problematic? is having like a black version of a character who was white a problem? maybe it isn't that black-and-white, but i'd say fanart should be free to express so long as it's not being actively harmful. things like pedophillia would obviously be harmful, but drawing a fat character skinny, i'm not entirely sure it's absolutely fatphobic, although it is a baffling change tbh if that isn't the case. alot of this seems like radical conjecture all-in-all, alot of jumping the gun. again, fine intentions for sure but the absolute worst way to carry them out and perhaps not coming from the most well-grounded foundation in the first place.

Blog Entries

this sure is a complicated issue involving a lot of crappy, overvexed people on both sides who happen to use the website tumblr

don't watch the show but wow... all-around messed up stuff. pretty sure cartoon network is pissed off that the show's crew even got involved, but can you blame them? it's fucked up to make entertainment that inadvertantly creates a situation that causes someone to attempt suicide. if I had a show and that happened, I probably would either leave the industry or feel compelled to say something. those are the ones I actually feel for the most here.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pkaosboo View Post
    i dunno if something like drawing a black character white is racism. is the opposite problematic? is having like a black version of a character who was white a problem? maybe it isn't that black-and-white, but i'd say fanart should be free to express so long as it's not being actively harmful. things like pedophillia would obviously be harmful, but drawing a fat character skinny, i'm not entirely sure it's absolutely fatphobic, although it is a baffling change tbh if that isn't the case.
    (Agree with the rest your post for the most part.)

The thing you have to remember is many groups are still struggling for recognition, against erasure. So if in your art you draw a black character white, you need to ask yourself why. Why you feel this is appropriate when for so long white was deemed the default in entertainment. When you take an established queer character and ship them with a character of a gender they're not attracted to, you need to understand why that's inappropriate and offensive.

Blog Entries

tbh im more outraged that the show has gone into hiatus once again, and in the middle of a story arch

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

I am absolutely in LOVE LOVE LOVE with this show. I am still working on season 2, but it's been great. Everything from the characters to the main story to the messages, the animation, writing, everything is spectacular. I do wish I'd tuned in awhile back when I heard the theme song and thought it sounded catchy. I'm really glad Amber posted the "What can I do for you?" video on her FB....that's what got me hooked. Hoping it lasts for awhile.

Steven Bomb starts on Jan. 4

“The Answer”– Garnet finally tells Steven the story of how she came to be a Crystal Gem.
    “Steven’s Birthday” – Steven has a birthday party out at the barn, and decides he has some growing up to do.
    “It Could’ve Been Great” The Gems take a trip to the moon.
    “Message Received” – Steven has doubts about believing in everyone.
    “Log Date 7 15 2”– Steven sneaks a listen to a friend’s audio diary.

Blog Entries

New episodes all this week!!! Im super excited for it!!!

Gotta remember to pretty much stay off social media though, just to be safe from spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

The answer was a cute episode. It went in a very different route than I expected, which is good. So many answers in regarads to Ruby and Sahhire's relationship as well as the roles of gems and such, but again this raises more questions. God damn this show has such an interesting universe

I love Garnet's first form! It's very pastel and bright. I love how awkward and strange her design is, with red and blue mashed together in various places. It was also funny seeing Garnet intimidated by Pearl, which is something I thought we'd never see. 

Welp The Answer was amazing and adorable. Learned a shitload in 11 minutes about characters, lore...just so much.

I love the fact that  Garnet gets right up in Steven's face and wakes him up at exactly midnight just to tell him this story. 

THE GREAT DIAMOND AUTHORITY

This show. Is nuts.

Also Peridot

Blog Entries

this is really great and i hope the show has some semblance of a regular schedule again ever :/

Blog Entries

great batch of episodes that cemented the fact that peridot is in fact best gem

PERIDACTYL

Thread Information