Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Okay, I watched that video.

Gem Glow is much better, but this was pretty good, too. Now I'm off to watch Laser Light Cannon.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Laser Light Cannon was a fantastic episode until it became the only thing they ever replayed for a long while.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

The show's been renewed for season 2 and will have 26 half hours (52 11 minute segments) and season 1 will also have 26 half hours. So damn already this show is guaranteed to be on for like another 2 or 3 years.

Part 5
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VETg...evGnR_7Aq8t9KQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5TY...evGnR_7Aq8t9KQ
    Last edited by Insomnia; 07-26-2014 at 10:37 PM.

Rebecca Sugar took part in an AMA

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment..._universe_and/

New ep was really good, too. Nicki Minaj doesn't bother me at all.

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

kinda disappointed by the lack of discussion for this show and how far back I had to go to find this easily one of my top animated shows to watch right now next to Korra and Gravity Falls. Has anyone seen the latest yet? Because it was kind of a big'un

Blog Entries

I love the show and yeah the newest episode was pretty great, Stevens mom is really being built up as this very important powerful gem so I kinda think we'll see her in the show sometime (other then in flashbacks or videos). Also I think the other gems are hiding something from Steven, Lapis told him not to trust them and now they apparently watch while he sleeps?

This show is definitely up there as one of the shows I look forward to watching every week the most, I love everything about it, the art, characters, story and especially the music.

Blog Entries

They're been very careful and quiet with any developments towards Rose's character so it definitely felt like one of the show's highest emotional points. Steven's relationship with the gems is executed so well in each episode and how it's almost a different type of sisterly relationship with each one. I don't know if the gems are hiding something from him so much as they just don't feel as if he's prepared to know the full details as to what their lives entail.....yet. Given that their taking him on missions is still a recent development shows they still value his childhood and are apprehensive to give him his full training as a crystal gem for the time being. I think the thing with Pearl watching Steven sleep was meant as more of a comedic thing, but also ties into Pearl's fascination with humanity and the ways in which their bodies work. Also it's pretty clear she's always been the most protective of Steven to great extents so watching him sleep wouldn't be TOO far flung.

So glad someone else on here watches. I can't really think of a single thing I dislike about this show, except maybe its habit of making me cry sometimes which is hardly a bad thing. Just watching each Gem's personal reaction to anything happening onscreen is practically a treat.

The latest ep, for whatever reason, hasn't yet gone up on OnDemand for us so I've been waiting to see it. Love dem emotional eps, though, so I'm sure it'll be as great as it was hyped to be.

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Blake, Mira

Blog Entries

I love the distinction in each one of the gems, both their expressions and their body gestures. Pearl will always be my favorite but the show does an amazing job at making all 3 of them super fun and endearing to watch. Also still waiting for that Pearl/Garnet fusion which I think has been hinted at as coming in the near future.

Kupo, I don't have cable where I live so i've just streamed all of them through here which posts them pretty shortly after they air but if you want to wait for OnDemand to see it on the big tv screen just be forwarned it's definitely gonna be a tearjerker! So far I think it's in the top tier of emotional episodes for me with Monster Buddies

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

I have been waiting for Pearl/Garnet, too! I was surprised that we got the triple fusion before that combo.

Pearl is my fave as well but just by a smidge since it's so hard to deny cool as fuqq Garnet and hilarious troublemaker Amethyst. Their facial expressions, their choice of words, it's all just perfect and so very special to each Gem.

And thanks for the link!!

Best kids show currently airing, easily.

I'm sort of bummed out -- I had my suspicions that Lion was a male Gem that lost his way and forgot whom he was, but turns out hes some sort of door / portal?
    I will admit its getting interesting.

I'm looking forward to more Gem fusions. I was also expecting the Pearl + Garnet + Amethyst for a season final.
    EA's debt list : Father Sean - Shary Bobbins - Chirpy Boy & Bart Junior - Kang Topiary- Blocko Store
    Will not accept barter in the form of 'donut' currency.

Lion 3 was great. That video, I'm so glad they did that. I feel like any other show would just tease and tease but they jump right into their characters' stories and don't shy away from just giving you reveals like that.

And bless this show for embracing the big girls

Blog Entries

I also loved how emotional Sadie was having seen it too and understood its significance watching it with Steven. This series has always done an amazing job with even the secondary characters and giving them a real sense of empathy.

also just found out Rose was voiced by Susan Egan who was Megara in Hercules and Lin in Spirted Away. Can't believe I didn't pick up on it sooner but I guess we've only really heard snippets of her before now

also, alas it seems like no new episode this week.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Lars' reaction to finding Steven and Sadie was hilariously well done given the emotional scene just before. The thing I love about Sadie and Lars is that they're friends for Steven but also like more siblings in his extended family as this show has gone on. I love the way Steven rushes to see Sadie to watch this video and she's totally into whatever it is he needs to find out. And her phone call at the very end, so sweet.

THE FEELS!

YOU GUYS

The latest eps are must-see

Blog Entries

That entire ep felt like a weird fucking dream

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Space camp

Blog Entries

I'm so glad to see this thread, I didn't know if anyone else on here was into SU. I just got into the show last month and I've been trying to catch up since. I just love everything about it. It's absolutely beautiful, the characters are great, I love that there's a show with lots of amazing female leads that isn't pigeonholed into being a "girl show" because this stuff is important for girls *and* boys. I also love how, despite being action packed, there's a narcotic gentleness that runs through it.
    a soul for disguise

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Blog Entries

god i've got to see more then one steven universe episode every 3 months

that was amazing
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

Last week's episode is in my top three so far. The characterizations are amazing. Truly an unsung gem in CN's lineup today.

Blog Entries

god i wish there was 5 new episodes of steven universe every week

this is incredible

Blog Entries

Today's episode was amazin, as well as Monday's episode about Rose and Pearl. Also the song in today's ep was fucking awesome.
    I also hear the show has been renewed for a third season, according to Rob Sugar on YouTube.

Blog Entries

this has gone completely under my radar. from all the reactions in this thread i'm gonna have to try this show out

Blog Entries

If you do give it some time, it takes a bit for it to get into its groove. But once it does you get some great character and emotion outta it. Also a pretty awesome story arc.

Blog Entries

Full extended version of Stronger then You! Even better!
    https://soundcloud.com/aivisura/stev...u-feat-estelle
    Seriously amazing ps I don't rememebr how to embed soundcloud players here anymore
    edit: now it's on YouTube
    Last edited by Insomnia; 03-12-2015 at 10:50 PM.

Blog Entries

was planning to watch this series sometime this year, the constant praise (and my sister waking me up singing the theme song) has kept it in my head. might watch after i finish korra (five eps to go!)

Blog Entries

yeah the first 4 episodes are kinda mediocre and there's a couple of duds here and there but it really picks up

I find Steven offputting early on in the series but once I got into it, I loved basically everything about the show. The second ep alone was already pretty damn bad ass to me and then in a few eps you get fun eps like Tiger Millionaire that ease you in and gear you up for the serious Gem mythology and lore to bleed in slowly. You come to really love how much care Rebecca Sugar and everyone actually put into the show. Really impressed by the work of all the VAs, as well.

I still have to catch up on this week's episodes but I did see the first two days worth of new stuff. Insane. Pearl, holy shit. You kinda figure her to act like that but the intensity of it all and how it causes her to act was great to watch. I'm desperately wanting to see the two parter Ive been told about.

And I sing the theme song to my kid all the time so that's cute about your sis, @mutilated_lips

Also fuck yes korra please post your thoughts in the Korra thread later. I love your reviews and mini reviews in showdowns, always look forward to them.

36. Thumbs Up To This Post by: foose

Yep Jail Break is my favorite episode I love Garnet so much I think I'm going to die of happiness at that whole episode

38. Thumbs Up To This Post by: deadname

Thread Information