Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Steven Universe

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Escapism felt a little slow but I was fine to visit with the watermelons again for a little awhile. Their culture continues to grow and thrive, it seems. Though the second point about the song, yeah that got me a little. I knew the song was coming and I suppose wasn't too disappointed with its usage but couldn't help have that feeling of "oh, that was it." But then that fuzzface shows up And even though it was so very brief and she didn't even talk, it was nice to check in with Bismuth.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar

Change Your Mind might be the show's best episode to date

Change Your Mind was absolutely nuts and I probably audibly yelled about 5 times and died twice. Steven has come such a long way since the days of Cookie Cat and Together Breakfast. So much happened, some of it feeling like it was a bit crammed in or tacked on there by the end (thinking of the reunion on the beach).

But uh wow so that uh...wrapped up a lot!!!!!!!! But not everything and so those naggling little things I thought we were getting more expansion on are not dealt with (also no fusion of a certain two that I need to see fused). I wonder what content will be in the theatrical movie? And what the future of the show is in general, really.

@kupomog, Actually, the movie is a made for TV one and not theatrical.

As for what I thought of Change your Mind, if this episode started off the same way Ocean Gem/Mirror Gem did where it was originally written as the series finale, I would've been satisfied as it ties up as much loose ends as it could in a rather conclusive way, but they leave enough open on the chance that they can come back.

Here are some of my observations and thoughts I had while watching:
    * Peridot's new form is more or less how I pictured it being (and she finally has her star!), the visor was a nice surprise though.
    * Amethyst's new outfit clicked with me right away in contrast to her last form which took quite awhile to adjust to which was mainly due to how her white shirt stood out like a sore thumb.
    * Pearl's jacket just screams 80's so much that I love it! Feels like a throwback to when she wore legwarmers.
    * Garnet's new visor will take some getting used to and was the only element of the Gems' new forms that didn't click with me right away.
    * When White.... Basically  lobotomized Yellow & Blue I went "That's how she fucked Pink Pearl's brain!". 
    * White's face as she's about to  pull Steven's gem out  is serious Nightmare Fuel!
    * I was on the edge of my seat after White  pulled Steven's gem out as I thought we were gonna come back to him looking a lot more horrific without it * Steven  dancing with Pink Steven  stuck me as though it was animated or boarded by Rebecca Sugar knowing that she previously did the same for two scenes in earlier episodes because she had a specific vision for how she wanted the scene to play out. I've since discovered that it was indeed animated internally, but by former Disney animator James Baxter who's accomplishments include being the supervising animator of Belle, Rafiki and Quasimodo.
    * I felt it made sense to have Bismuth, Lapis and Peridot separated from the final confrontation. It was important to have the ones that Steven's the closest to with him. And while he does have close relationships with those three, they feel more like extended family than his main one.
    * At first I thought  the corrupted Gems looked weird as they were being uncorrupted while still retaining some of their corrupted features. But then I saw Jasper and figured it'll likely be a slow process before they're all fully reformed. And maybe a direction the show could go in from here is having the next season around the now uncorrupted Gems adjusting to being back to their normal selves (Jasper's VA Kimberly Brooks even jokingly asked Rebecca awhile back when she was going to get her redemption arc). 
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: TBD Stompe le Monde: TBD Mom Sauce: TBD

Blog Entries

Yeah Change Your Mind was great. Definitely a top 10 episode. Wrapped a lot of plot threads up really well.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Here's some behind the scenes tidbits regarding Change Your Mind that I thought would be worth sharing, one of which confirming my assumption that at one time it would've been the series finale:

* Steven  dancing with Pink Steven  was originally an idea for Giant Woman as a way of establishing the concept of fusion.
    * As mentioned above, this episode at one time would've been the series finale much like how Mirror & Ocean Gem started out. This was due to them fighting tooth and nail in order to keep  Ruby & Sapphire kissing in Reunited  with one of the agreements in order to keep that scene being that the show would be cancelled if fans didn't respond positively to it. With that risk looming over them during production, this is why they wrap up as many loose ends as possible, mainly within the last few minutes, and possibly why we get to see Steven  fuse with the rest of the Crystal Gems .
    * The episode's title song wasn't even intended to be included in the show. It was written by Rebecca Sugar as a way of venting her frustrations while trying to convince CN to keep  Ruby & Sapphire's kiss in Reunited .

Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar

I think the fact that the previously corrupted gems haven't completely gone back to their original appearance is a nice touch. It's like how mental illness never really goes away from a person.

It is interesting a little. But who deals with the education in Simpsons at all? Do you know?

Thread Information