Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

It's just TBA.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

In five months, I've gone from being pretty meh on this show to writing my final paper in grad school about SU's portrayal of disability and interdependence.

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suomynona View Post
    When's the next episode coming up? I know the next one was supposed to air a week ago, but for some reason they pushed it back.
    it's TBA but somehow this higher quality version leaked too

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

I just watched the leak. Thanks for the link btw.

Dang, this show really nails a lot of issues we don't usually see in Western cartoons. There's more teasing about  Rose's past history  that doesn't get too fulfilled in the end, though it does progress Steven's character a bit further. Still, it makes me even more itching for answers.
    With all these 'quiet' episodes in a row, I'm really gearing up for something explosive at the end of the season.

Social media pages for the show held a poll yesterday on whether or not to release an official soundtrack.

Guess how quickly we all voted YAY ?

Steven Universe Is Finally Getting an Official Soundtrack Release

--

Outside of that, I was very fortunate to meet Zach Callison and Deedee Magno-Hall over the weekend. Wasn't able to go to the proper SU panel because it was late Friday night and I had other plans, but I did go to Deedee's panel. She played ukulele for us while singing the extended SU theme song. Entire audience joined in and it ended with her young son's help.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSrKlH9D...n-by=kudoshido

I had no idea Deedee's husband was from here originally; apparently she's in Hawaii often. That's really cool to know

I'll probably post pics later in the pics thread. I gotta give a shoutout to every person at the convention who brought up Pearl's secret rap career, because fuck yes. Very cool that mkatwood is now working for CN based on all that meme success.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

^Holy shit, that's awesome. If ever there was a show to deserve an OST release. It's SU.

"Rocknaldo" sure was an episode. Admittedly some funny moments here and there, mainly to be found in Steven's reactions to the stuff Ronaldo was handing out at the start ("THEY HATE MEN!?"/"Don't say rock people. It's offensive") but it still wasn't without the drawbacks of Ronaldo's character that make episodes focusing on him a pain to sit through. The ending scene with him and Steven discussing Rose was nice though.

"Tiger Philanthropist" was a pleasant surprise. Figured the "Special Move" at the start was gonna be a fusion when they locked hands but I suppose that would've given away who they were (On that note, Sadie's "It IS him, right?" got a good laugh out of me). Lars being a complete mark that buys into the kayfabe of wrestling is probably one of the most amusing things about him and that whole conversation he had with Steven about not being impressed with Tiger's comeback might be one of my favorite interactions of the series. Appreciated the fact that they had them end their wrestling career the way a lot of wrestlers typically believe you should go out. Not on top, but on your back looking up at the lights. This might be the sequel nobody asked for but I'm glad they did it.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

YEEEEEEEEE.

I really, really enjoyed Lion 4. Definitely one of the best episodes of the season. The real star for me was the score, which was haunting and evocative. Sometimes I forget how good the music on this show can be.

Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar

Dang, that trailer though. Now, I'm pretty hyped for the next Stevenbomb.
    Simpsons Season 30 Ratings: Bart's Not Dead: 3/5(B-) Heartbreak Hotel: N/A My Way or the Highway to Heaven: 3.5/5(B) THOH XXIX: 2.5/5(C+) Baby You Can't Drive My Car: 3.25/5(B/B-) From Russia with Love: 4/5(B+) Werking Mom: 3.5/5(B) Krusty the Clown: 3.5/5(B) Daddicus Finch: 5/5(A) Mad About the Toy: 3.5/5(B)

Next Stevenbomb being released online through CN's app before it airs again. At least they're actually warning us that it's gonna happen this time.

Also more new episodes starting May 31st. No synopsis on any of them yet but one of them is called Lars' Head and my instant reaction to that title was

Season 5 looks "average" from those titles like Lars' Head so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleberries View Post
    Season 5 looks "average" from those titles like Lars' Head so far.
    I dunno, The Trial sounds a little intriguing. But honestly with how disappointing the show's been lately, it really could go either way by being good or bad.

Lars' Head is the only one so far where I'm like "No! Just NO!" remembering how awful and cringe worthy The New Lars was. *Shudders*

Blog Entries

y'all using episode titles to judge the show that brought you RISING TIDES CRASHING SKIES as a ronaldo ep

Quote Originally Posted by peyrin View Post
    y'all using episode titles to judge the show that brought you RISING TIDES CRASHING SKIES as a ronaldo ep
    I'd probably judge it a little better if they were to give us a brief synopsis.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: TBD An Irish Goodbye: TBD Stompe le Monde: TBD

Blog Entries

Seems to focus a lot on the Beach City folks. I don't mind it but they tend to be the weakest episodes overall.

But the preview is obviously very plot-heavy so we'll see. I haven't even watched any episode from Rocknaldo and beyond as this series was starting to feel a bit slow paced to me. I still blame the awkward and sparse air times for that.

Hopefully, they step up their game for the Beach City episodes because for some reason, lately, the Beach City episodes have been inferior to the ones in previous seasons.

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleberries View Post
    Hopefully, they step up their game for the Beach City episodes because for some reason, lately, the Beach City episodes have been inferior to the ones in previous seasons.
    I think the reason for that is that since we now have the arc with Homeworld which is constantly put on hold for extensive periods of time, the Beach City episodes which were passable back in Season 1 or heck even as late as early Season 2 don't have as much relevance anymore. That said, I honestly do like a good portion of the Beach City residents (Sadie, Cool Kids, Mayor Dewey and Vidalia) but weirdly not whenever they have episodes focused on them.

Previews and images have already started coming out for the next few episodes. Only saw the ones for Doug Out and The Good Lars and am intentionally avoiding the ones for the other two.

I'll be watching Doug Out for curiosity's sake since this will be the first time Connie's dad has appeared on-screen in over two years. If it weren't for the fact that all the episodes will be released online simultaneously, I was honestly planning on skipping The Good Lars. While it at least looks like it'll be better than The New Lars and appears to want to try and branch off of the typical formula that makes Lars' episodes tedious and pointless (Lars is a jerk, learns not to be a jerk, only to forget the lesson he just learned the next time he's given a major appearance), it also looks like yet another episode this season that'll be 11 minutes of nothing exciting and my tolerance for these episodes with the likes of Lars or Ronaldo as the central focus has decreased a lot ever since Rocknaldo.

Just got done watching all the episodes that I had yet to see from this event (which are on YouTube so I'd recommend seeing them there) and... the entire thing pretty much played out exactly as I thought it would.

Doug Out was alright but nothing special. The Good Lars... It's at least better than The New Lars and probably the best Lars episode to date (which isn't saying much since the bar for those episodes are already pretty low) because it doesn't go the route of the typical formulaic Lars episodes (or rather, it doesn't get the chance to)... But it's yet another episode this season that's 11 minutes of nothing worthwhile so I'd just skip it if you haven't already seen it.

And lastly, the final two episodes are pretty much the only ones that I'll actually remember by the time they air proper next week. The reveal for why the threat in these two episodes (and also to an extent the first two as they kinda tie-in, but very loosely) is happening actually did get me so I'll give them props there. Too bad that they wasted too much time this season getting to this point though by the fact that only now do we have our first major threat since Jasper's corruption arc ended. Personally, I would've cut at least five episodes (including The Good Lars) from this season and moved Lion 4 to happening before Room for Ruby (though personally I would've cut that one too). Pretty disappointing season overall, but the overall is still good so I'm sticking with it.

Blog Entries

The second and third were my favorites of those gags.

I'm from Canada, eh. People think I'm slooooow.

What's a good entry point episode for this show?
    please watch my duck cartoon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFA9fBhIeR8

Blog Entries

just start at the beginning, they're only 10 minutes each. if they get boring someone made this condensed order that skips most of the slice-of-life episodes:

Cheeseburger Backpack
    Laser Light Cannon
    Bubble Buddies
    Steven’s Lion
    Giant Woman
    Steven the Sword Fighter
    Lion 2: The Movie
    An Indirect Kiss
    Mirror Gem
    Ocean Gem

I'd personally also skip Cheeseburger Backpack.

Not a bad episode, but the animation in it is too cringe worthy (and this is from somebody who doesn't give a shit most times when the show's animation varies between episodes).

Blog Entries

Caught up with Tiger Philanthropist and Room for Ruby. Both were...adequate. Philanthropist wasn't anything amazing, but the Steven-Amethyst dynamic having another episode is always a plus. Decent ending, albeit a bit bland overall.

Room for Ruby was fine. Some more insight on how Lapis sees the world around her as well as her situation. Found the fake acting by Navy to be particularly annoying. As always, Peridot is the star of the show when she appears.

As the show goes on, the episodes seem more and more disconnected. I don't even know how to explain it, but it feels like a different show whenever they do release episodes. Probably rusty mind as I haven't rewatched any episodes yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
    As the show goes on, the episodes seem more and more disconnected. I don't even know how to explain it, but it feels like a different show whenever they do release episodes. Probably rusty mind as I haven't rewatched any episodes yet.
    Yeah, the episodes that focus more on the Beach City residents feel less and less relevant nowadays as opposed to Season 1 because it now all pales when compared to the overall Homeworld plot which continues to be put on hold.

I'm from Canada, eh. People think I'm slooooow.

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to checking these out.

I watched the whole Stevenbomb yesterday (except for Lion 4, which I already watched). Doug Out and The Good Lars were okay(which instantly makes The Good Lars the best Lars episode so far). However, Are You My Dad? And I Am My Mom were pretty good and the ending of the latter was kinda intense and a pretty big moment. Aquamarine was a great villain. I liked how Aquamarine looks innocent and young but is really villainous. Topaz was uh.....just there. I also liked how the Beach City episodes were relevant to the Homeworld plot in this Stevenbomb through foreshadowing though it's mostly through silhouettes (no pun intended). Also, the soundtrack in this Stevenbomb was pretty good as usual but the tracks played were a step up from the usual stuff. The music built up suspense and mystery so kudos there. Also the ending of I Am My Mom means season 5 could possibly start in Homeworld. Overall, season 4 was uneven, with some pretty good episodes and some bad/dull episodes. It's probably the weakest season SU has turned out so far.

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

My biggest problem with Season 4 was that they just wasted too much time getting to where we are now. I would've cut at least five episodes out entirely including The Good Lars (which yeah, is the best Lars episode so far only because it doesn't get the chance to fall prey to all the same trappings as his previous episodes).

Speaking of which, am I the only one annoyed by how  Lars had to be the one that was left behind on the spaceship with Steven? Not even The Good Lars could make me feel for him so I'm already imagining Stuck Together being a complete chore and I'm still cringing over how there's gonna be an episode called Lars' Head... 

EDIT: A preview and images for Stuck Together have already leaked! And just looking at them further reinsures my belief of the episode being another 11 minutes of nothing worthwhile. Hell, I very well just might go ahead and skip it anyways even if it's airing the same night as The Trial!
    Last edited by John95; 05-07-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Thread Information