2 33.33%

2 33.33%

2 33.33%

0 0%

Thread: R&R Family Guy Season 18 Episode 13 “Rich Old Stewie”

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Junior Camper

R&R Family Guy Season 18 Episode 13 “Rich Old Stewie”

Stewie in the future has to bond with his dying father.

Well, this episode sure as hell left me conflicted. For the most part it was actually pretty good even in spite of the number of gags that seemed to go on forever and I was this close to considering to be the best of the season since Bri-Da. But then... It felt like they found out they were about two minutes short and were forced to come up with every awful thing about the last few minutes starting at the point where everyone was faking it in order to screw Stewie out of his money!

3.5/5, 3 for the poll. Shame, I was this damn close to giving it a 4 until they decided to shoot themselves in the foot with the ending. Oh well, still a better Flash Forward episode than last year's No Weddings and a Funeral which was basically AD!'s answer to Seahorse Seashell Party and actually succeeding in making that episode even WORSE!
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5 Short Cuts: 2/5 Undergrounded: 1.5/5 Rich Old Stewie: 3.5/5 The Movement: .5/5 Baby Stewie: 0/5 Start Me Up: TBD Coma Guy: TBD
    American Dad! Season 16 Ratings - 100 Years a Solid Fool: TBD Downtown: TBD 4/27/20: TBD A Starboy is Born: TBD

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Well, this episode sure as hell left me conflicted. For the most part it was actually pretty good even in spite of the number of gags that seemed to go on forever and I was this close to considering to be the best of the season since Bri-Da. But then... It felt like they found out they were about two minutes short and were forced to come up with every awful thing about the last few minutes starting at the point where everyone was faking it in order to screw Stewie out of his money!

3.5/5, 3 for the poll. Shame, I was this damn close to giving it a 4 until they decided to shoot themselves in the foot with the ending. Oh well, still a better Flash Forward episode than last year's No Weddings and a Funeral which was basically AD!'s answer to Seahorse Seashell Party and actually succeeding in making that episode even WORSE!
    To be honest that was the worst episode of American Dad’s season 16. It was okay just the characters were unlikeable.

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

Other than the ending and the high abundance of overlong gags this episode was actually pretty good
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Scenes From the Class Struggle in Springfield 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: My Mother the Carjacker/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

@orangemo, I honestly thought there was just nothing good about it. From everyone (including Klaus by the end and Jeff basically for being guilty by association) being an asshole to the fact that they did basically ripoff Seahorse Seashell Party but removed the two elements that keep the episode from being 100% irredeemable (the abused character being able to lash out against the family and coming to the realization that they're the "Lightning rod" ), the episode is so bad that it truly sickens me to see people say it's actually a good episode and consider it to be the aforementioned episode "Done right"!

And while I'm not disagreeing on the episode being bad, I wouldn't go as far as to call it the worst episode from that season (so far, there's still two episodes left believe it or not). That honor goes to Mom Sauce!

Junior Camper

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    @orangemo, I honestly thought there was just nothing good about it. From everyone (including Klaus by the end and Jeff basically for being guilty by association) being an asshole to the fact that they did basically ripoff Seahorse Seashell Party but removed the two elements that keep the episode from being 100% irredeemable (the abused character being able to lash out against the family and coming to the realization that they're the "Lightning rod" ), the episode is so bad that it truly sickens me to see people say it's actually a good episode and consider it to be the aforementioned episode "Done right"!

And while I'm not disagreeing on the episode being bad, I wouldn't go as far as to call it the worst episode from that season (so far, there's still two episodes left believe it or not). That honor goes to Mom Sauce!
    Okay to be honest I kinda liked mom sauce, although Steve was kind of a jerk in that episode. Still rather watch Bless the Harts than American Dad.

I was actually enjoying this episode for most of it. There were some good jokes and I thought it was nice that for once, the whole family was on the same side. Then it turns out that everyone was faking Peter's death so they could get Stewie's money. And Stewie turned it around on them, then had an evil smile as he fantasized about Brian's painful death. Feels like a wasted episode.

I don't think they needed to make the whole thing a dream. I can't remember many episodes that spent time focusing on the Griffins' future, so it was interesting to see how that played out. And they didn't need the fake out ending, either. This could have been a more emotional episode if the family got together for Peter's death and subsequent funeral, and Stewie realized that he made a mistake leaving everybody behind when they needed him around. But at the end of the day, it was still one of the better episodes this season. 3/5

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Pin Pal

This was better than Short Cuts. It would have been better if it had been 20 years in the future instead of 50. I did enjoyed seeing the family get together and be there for Peter dying. There were some good jokes. It was doing fine until the family tricked Stewie into getting his money. I wished they hadn't gone down that route. I hope that they do another future episode that doesn't end up like this one. I still give it a 3.3.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: orangemo

Thread Information