Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Caught Lars and the Cool Kids today and thought it was really good.

Not sure why I didn't continue after my initial viewing in July, but I'm definitely gonna start again.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

maybe b/c it didn't have any new episodes for three months :>

anyway im super glad i caught up to everything now, can't wait to see how it goes from here. i love how everything in the show feels so meticulously planned out to slowly drag you along, inch by inch, making the big reveals that much more impactful

im so happy for this weeks episode (steven and connie go to roses room to make up a new ending for a book series that they felt ended disappointingly ) even though i am a little pissed that they moved the episodes around for stevenbomb so that we get three more 'stand alone' season 1 holdovers and the ... uncle grandpa ... crossover before diving into the meat of season two proper. though i can't deny this team has a knack for making silly synopses like 'lion won't stop sitting on stevens head' into powerful emotional episodes, so I'm looking forward to anything new they have
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

A World Without Lawyers HerbertMcHoover's Avatar

Great last few episodes.

Heads up: anything with that fry blogger sucks.

It's official. The reveal about Garnet blew my mind and I can't think about anything else and haven't since seeing the episode. I have been all about that all damn weekend it's so stinkin' creative and wonderful. I thought Korrasami had an affect on me but man...

Just gonna loop Garnet's song 4ever now thx
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: deadname

Blog Entries

Rebecca sings a song in the new end credit theme

Blog Entries

Tumblr spoiled the whole garnet fushion thing whch is pretty shitty since I was expecting to get into this show soon and have barely seen an episode of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

Blog Entries

eeh that's honestly why i caught up with the show, seeing all the reactions to that. it's not like they didn't drop serious hints in tons of previous episodes about it, and the episode still is ridiculously amazing even if you know the garnet stuff

Yeah they did drop some hints big and small, the most obvious being (well no point in spoiler tags now ... will add a spoiler note to OP .. but will still spoiler some of this) her design and having two gems...which I had seen and just assumed she was a really powerful Gem without thinking of the lore they were building.

Instead, she's actually a small fusion, and the most humanoid-like compared to the rest. No extra limbs, particular weirdness in design, etc. Stevonnie is humanoid because Connie is human, but they also love each other, so maybe Garnet is "normal" looking and smaller in size because they are in love and in such perfect harmony, balance, and sync. If you go back and see Garnet's comments about how it's not at all difficult for her to fuse, as well as her particular reaction to Steven when he tries to fuse, it's like oshit. 

That really blows that it was spoiled for you, though. I stay off Tumblr completely on new ep days for all my shows but I do often see mass amounts of spoiler gifsets for other shows I may or may not get into. The ep will still be amazing but yeah...building up to that moment was so damn special because of the ride in.

Also it turns out that I have boarded with and played Animal Crossing Wild World with one of the shows composers, surasshu (of aivi & surasshu). I finally got the courage to send him an Ask yesterday if he was that same 'surasshu' I knew years and years ago and he was, and he totally remembered me. So awesome.

Blog Entries

this episode was really cute

Blog Entries

the new episode was great but i really wish it was longer

all i want to do is frolic in the pizza rain some more

Blog Entries

same name! same name!

Blog Entries

Well the Unle Grandpa crossover was bizzare but pretty hilarious.
    Also this new rpg game came out today on iOS, I hear its really good.

Blog Entries

yeah attack the light is really good. well worth the $3 if you have a phone that can run it.

i really didn't like the ug crossover that much, the jokes just fell flat for me most of the time, and im usually a fan of weird meta shit like this

That Uncle Grandpa crossover was sweet! Also, poor Pearl.
    http://www.nohomers.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69580&dateline=1420217955

I didn't hate the crossover. It was the least annoying Uncle Grandpa has been to me in all of the episodes I have watched of that show. I thought the Gems reactions to all the shit going on was great but other than that, the fact that it wasn't canon and so very out there almost seemed to work against it for me a few times, like they were being too OH WOW MAN CRAZY SHIT HAPPENING in a scene or two.

Blog Entries

Steven Bomb 2 this week, new ep evry day, first one was great. Also new intro.

Every single episode of Steven Bomb has been very good.

The first ep, right out of the gate, amazing. The more we see of Pearl, the more she seems like she could be most unhinged of them all with the loss of Rose...because that was the loss of her life. Wonderful emotion, and Steven + Connie are just too great together.

Second ep was fun. I know a lot of people were bored by it, but I don't mind Ronaldo and thought all the tidbits we saw were worthwhile. Once again, Garnet is the baddest ass in all of Beach City with her calm, cool demeanor.

Third ep is incredible. Moves the story forward, introduces something disturbingly fascinating (and shows us the dark side of the show that we know is gonna be more prominent someday), and has some intense Garnet focus. My favorite of the Bomb if not for..

The fourth ep. It's a flashback and heavily features Rose and Young Greg so obviously it's the fucking tits and I love the episode. Greg's reaction to what happens in the beginning = perfect.

Can't wait for tonight's ep.

That last ep, of course it wouldn't be a simple sleep over. Loved it. Need this show back.

Also omg this thing I'm dying (spoilers if you haven't seen Steven Bomb)

http://azula.tk/post/121982774360/iv...o-far-i-havent

This music edit of their dance is so perfect

Pearl a bad bitch

Azarath metrion zinthos! Sweet_Potatoes's Avatar

Caught a couple episodes of this and I love it! The characterization, the emotion, the originality, the animation....it's all great. I plan to start marathoning soon. One of the most refreshing things? Greg isn't a typical animation dad, which makes his character great in and of itself.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Greg is one of my favorite characters on the show but I mean I love basically the entire major main cast.

Greg is SUCH a great character, loves his boy, and you will absolutely love all the things we learn about him and his past.

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

I binge-watched the entire series yesterday. Beforehand, I did watch a couple of episodes of this show, but I always thought despite the action, there was too laid-back of an atmosphere for my taste. But I guess that's why it's so appealing for some people. Even then, I thought the animation for this show was absolutely gorgeous, and just as pretty as Gravity Falls in its own way.

The characters in the show have a realistic touch to them, and I love it. There's really some emotion stuff that comes from these episodes that you don't see a lot in cartoons, especially with the way they're pulled off. I wouldn't say it's that funny of a show, but I'm so invested in the going-ons of these characters that I really want to see more of them.
    So yeah, I guess I have another Cartoon Network show that I love again.

Also, I don't know why I love every single time Connie comes up, especially when she knows how to kick ass with a sword now. She and Steven do make a good team.

Blog Entries

OH MY GOD THE STUFF SHOWN AT COMIC CON

monday can't come soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    Tumblr spoiled the whole garnet fushion thing whch is pretty shitty since I was expecting to get into this show soon and have barely seen an episode of it.
    Tumblr spoiling everything with Steven Universe is pretty common. I suggest unfollowing everybody who posts Steven Universe who doesn't tag spoilers.
    Favorite by season
    1.Krusty Gets Busted 2. Bart Gets An F 3. Lisa's Pony 4. Duffless/Last Exit to Springfiled 5. Homer's Barbershop Quartet 6. And Maggie Makes Three 7. The Curse Of The Flying Hellfish 8.Hurricane Neddy 9 Das Bus 10. Wild Barts Can't Be Broken 11. Saddlesore Galactica 12. HOMR 13. Weekend at Burnsie's. 14. How I Spent My Strummer Vacation. 15. The President Wore Pearls.

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Swoony

Blog Entries

Jesssus that extended theme was beautiful.

Especially Garnets part. I love Garnet.

New ep's out.

Without spoiling, I really think this is the most emotionally mature series I've seen from Cartoon Network in years. For all the humor and action, it really deals with topics about relationships that you don't normally see in western animated shows, especially with this much sincerity.

I agree. I think this article is quite timely as well

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/14/896...-relationships

This show does so much for positive representation and healthy relationships and ideas. A show about ALIENS promotes human concepts like acceptance, consent, understanding, etc better than most shows do.

Gah, Ruby and Sapphire are adorable when they're together and not angry. 

Blog Entries

Yeah, I actually gasped when  Garnet unfused into Ruby and Sapphire.  I love how this show can really make me feel the weight of something like that. I'm usually in tears at least every other episode.
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

lol R&S are me and my husband oh lord

We were both lol'ing last night, this show is just too fucking real w/ the relationship dynamics

Last night's ep was one of my faves but the one before it was great too. Pearl got her MAJOR flaws she needs to work on but I still love her.

Blog Entries

i was not expecting that from the latest episode

it was nice

Thread Information