Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I dunno if I'm talking to myself, but I've been meaning to say here for awhile that I liked all four of the episodes that were released on the app on March 23rd which makes it the best offering of multiple episodes in awhile for me (only really liked one episode of Wanted and about half of the episodes there put on the app last November). My rankings for them would be:

The Big Show
    Your Mother and Mine
    Letters to Lars
    Pool Hopping

There will also be two new episodes (Can't Go Back and A Single Pale Rose) airing on Monday (though it's pretty much old news by this point). Just like with Wanted and Stranded, I'll be watching these on a livestream as they're not releasing them on the app beforehand and every time one of these events happens as of late they contain at least one huge bombshell that YouTube (which is where I normally watch the episodes otherwise, mainly if they're released on the app before airing on TV) pretty much ruins within seconds of their airing (such as  Pink Diamond's reveal  in Jungle Moon).
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: TBD
    American Dad! Season 14 Ratings - Santa Schmanta: 0/5 Paranoid_Frandroid: .5/5 Census of the Lambs: 2.5/5 Shell Game: 1/5 The Mural of the Story: 0/5 (You Gotta) Strike for Your Right: 2/5 Klaustastrophe.TV: 1/5 Death by Dinner Party: 0/5 The Never-Ending Stories: 0/5 Railroaded: 0/5 My Purity Ball and Chain: .5/5 OreTron Trail: 0/5 Mean Francine: 3/5 One Woman Swole: TBD

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Apparently a podcast spoiled something big for the show a couple days and now the fans are panicking.

This hasn't been SU's best week at all. Monday's episode got 399,000 viewers! That is a series low right there and you know the people at CN doesn't even care about live TV ratings anymore.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

@fas1997, It was actually so bad in regards to what was ruined that Ian Jones-Quartey (who actually doesn't even work on the show anymore since leaving to work on OK KO!) called this out on his Twitter by going as far as saying it was because of "some careless jerk who doesn't even work in our time zone"!

Luckily, I haven't seen said spoiler yet, nor do I intended to go and snoop it out regardless of how long it will be until we see the episode that contains said spoiler.

Your Neighborhood Average Joe Purpleberries's Avatar

I personally thought Pool Hopping was the best episode out of the new batch. I liked how even Garnet has vulnerabilities and was uncertain about the future. My only real complaint about the episode is that the Crewniverse really needs to have a size chart or something because the characters changing sizes constantly is pretty distracting.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: fas1997

Wow, the new special, in particular, A Single Pale Rose, has completely shattered my expectations. The episode was so good but I'm not sure what to think of that twist.
    Simpsons Season 30 Ratings: Bart's Not Dead: 3/5(B-) Heartbreak Hotel: N/A My Way or the Highway to Heaven: 3.5/5(B) THOH XXIX: 2.5/5(C+) Baby You Can't Drive My Car: 3.25/5(B/B-) From Russia with Love: 4/5(B+) Werking Mom: 3.5/5(B) Krusty the Clown: 3.5/5(B) Daddicus Finch: 5/5(A) Mad About the Toy: 3.5/5(B)

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

I have to confess that I relate a lot to Pearl's feelings of loss for Rose as I myself went through the same thing after losing my best friend nearly three years ago. So watching that scene of her past self crying over the fact that's she's gonna lose her resulted in me suffering the biggest emotional breakdown I've had in quite awhile!

Anyways, great event that I'm glad I decided to watch a livestream of and hopefully the next one will be just as good (and hopefully doesn't take forever to get here).

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

I spent two minutes with my face stuck in a silent scream after that last episode.

Seriously, damn.

@Suomynona, No words could come out of my mouth at all for at least a half-hour afterwards!

And the funny thing is that the twist makes a lot of sense seeing that there was tons of stuff in the show that pointed to it.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

I keep going back to this scene from Sworn to the Sword and how different it's context is now:

Connie: Did Rose make you feel like you were nothing?
    Pearl: Rose made me feel... Like I was everything.

Me:  Because your Diamond actually treated you like you were more than a table .

I adore Pearl more than ever now.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

According to what I believe is a video on CN's YouTube page, they'll be announcing the date for the next episode of the show sometime within the next two weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-akeUlQUjw

New Stevenbomb for the week of July 2nd!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klZADBN-xmE

New promo for next week! This one's a little spoilerific though so watch at your own risk.

I can't wait!

As per usual with the episodes that aren't given an early online release, I caught tonight's episode on a livestream and will do the same for the rest of this week's episode.

As for tonight's episode, I feel like it did a good enough job of addressing the concerns that plenty (myself included) had regarding the fact that  Pink and Rose are the same person like how she rebelled against herself. Last month, I was like "So... You started a rebellion, against yourself....?" whereas now over a month later the episode responds to me (more or less) by saying "Yep, because Pink's sisters gave her no choice". 

What's Your Problem?

So the brief synopsis for this episode hinted that I probably shouldn't go into it expecting much since it was likely to be a breather episode. That said, it's probably gonna turn out to be my least favorite from this Stevenbomb as I thought it was a little boring.

Have watched up to The Question. I liked The Question a lot; it's a good and needed Ruby ep.

The two eps leading up were decent, as well. Getting more info to fill in puzzle pieces of the time line.

What's Your Problem probably is the weakest so far but I appreciated Amethyst's perspective and general presence.

Now We're Only Falling Apart was a good episode and helped to clear up some stuff about Rose. I gotta say that the twist works out so well. It makes a lot of sense within the plot and it makes Rose a flawed and complex character.

What's Your Problem was pretty decent.

The Question was pretty weird but cute with the western stuff. It's nice to finally have a Ruby episode.

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

So, "Reunited". Wedding was a bit cute, but I expected things to be more eventful for a two-parter to be honest. It's just more slice-of-life.

Yep.

Also,  Is this the end game? What stuff do we have left? White Diamond? Lars? Jasper and the other corrupted gems? Homeworld?
    Also, if Blue and Yellow Diamond stop being antagonists, what the hell do the Crystal Gems have facing next? Unless they're actually going to have the final arc be some slice-of-life thing, there's gotta be an even bigger threat even the diamonds themselves are wary of. Maybe it's the very reason why they've been producing gems in the first place?

God fucking damn it, we're going to be waiting another year for the next episode, aren't we? 

Wow, Reunited was pretty insane.

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

RIP Peridot's previous form (9/24/2015 - 7/6/2018) .

Highlights from the Comic-Con panel (would've discussed this sooner, but I've been without internet for the last week and a half):

* They showed the next episode which is called Legs from Here to Homeworld. The episode has since been released on the CN App (though no word on when it'll air on TV) and I've seen it for myself. I'll probably give my thoughts on it later.
    * There will be a DVD release on Aug. 14th called Heart of the Crystal Gems which is all the episodes from the titular arc plus five others that tie into those episodes to some extent (Bismuth, Mindful Education, Storm in the Room, The Trial and A Single Pale Rose). Additionally, one of the episodes included is extended when compared to it's TV counterpart!
    * The show is getting a made for TV movie! The teaser can be found online.
    * Charlene Yi (Ruby) auditioned for Stevonnie.
    * Speaking of Ruby, they'd been planning  her and Sapphire's wedding for a long time. To the point where at one time That Will Be All had them wearing their rings when they locked hands to become Garnet.

* Estelle's VA hero is Cree Summer and DeeDee Magno-Hall views Eric Bauza as an voice acting inspiration.
    * Two of the people who were given a chance to ask questions: The mother of a son with Asperger's who talked about how the two of them connect through this show and a freelance artist whose first professional job was doing the variant cover for an issue of the comics and then doing the entire outline for a later issue!

Time to dust this thread off at long last since the show finally returns on the 17th with it's latest arc being Diamond Days which unlike most of the show's arcs which are aired in a bomb format, this one will be aired over the course of six weeks consisting of the following episodes:

12/17 - Legs from Here to Homeworld
    12/24 - Familiar
    12/31 - Together Alone
    1/7 - Escapism
    1/27 - Steven Universe: Battle of Heart and Mind (HOUR LONG SPECIAL!)

Additionally, it's said that there'll be five new songs during this arc, one of which is likely to be the long teased Escapism which was first released in it's demo form a little more than a year ago.

I dunno about you, but I'm pumped for this arc as it feels like the show is gonna make sure that they round out 2018/enter into 2019 with a bang unlike last year where they rounded out 2017 with the sad pathetic whimper known as Kevin Party.

Not sure if anyone on here is still watching but I am, I just keep being distracted by other things to comment. But before next week I'll say that the last two episodes for 2018 were pretty good.

Familiar was a slight step down from Legs from Here to Homeworld, but much like the latter it did end on a note that left me interested to see what happened next. And of course Together Alone just completely blew Kevin Party out of the water as the final episode of their respective year and was a great way to end a mostly solid year for the series!

Familiar was decent. Got some nice character moments and lore info but it was obviously just a set up for Together Alone which...yikes. It's like The Answer all over again in a good way.

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Familiar and Together Alone were good episodes despite me not being a big fan of where they're taking the plot when it comes to YD and BD. The only real complaint I have for Together Alone is that the role of Connie here feels a bit contrived although it doesn't bother me too much.

I'm glad that the show is finally kicking into high gear though.

Escapism reminded me of Familiar where it's main purpose seemed to be setup for the next episode. In that regard, it was kinda boring but served it's purpose well of leaving me interested to see what happens next (especially since we'll be waiting two weeks for the next one). And it's nice to finally get the episode with the title song after over a year since it's demo was first revealed on the podcast.

I also got a pretty big laugh out of the watermelon bird trying to fly only to splat to the ground due to it's weight.

Escapism was a decent detour. I seem to be in the minority of liking the episode judging from the reactions on r/stevenuniverse.

Shit is about to go down though.

@Purpleberries, A lot of the backlash for this episode seems to be for the following reasons:

1. After the previous episode, this one is basically the definition of A Tough Act to Follow. It being the last episode for two weeks (let alone Battle of the Heart and Mind) also doesn't really help.
    2. The episode had been hyped up for quite awhile for it's title song and all the speculation regarding who'd sing it and where it'd be in the episode. So imagine how upset many were to see it being used at the end of the episode and not being sung in-universe despite the singer being the same person who voices Stevonnie.
    3. A lot of people aren't fond of the Watermelon Stevens. I thought they were perfectly fine in their first two appearances, but this time the novelty of them wore off on me around the halfway point.

Thread Information