Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Speculate & Preview: Treehouse of Horror XXIV (airing 10/6/2013)

Confused as to why the Treehouse of Horror episode is on on the 6th October. It would make more sense to have the following episode on the 3rd November as the Halloween episode.

bad times deceased Two Guys, a Girl, and a Christmas kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chappy1988 View Post
    Confused as to why the Treehouse of Horror episode is on on the 6th October. It would make more sense to have the following episode on the 3rd November as the Halloween episode.
    Or the classic date of December 8th.

Blog Entries

Speculate & Preview: Treehouse of Horror XXIV (airing 10/6/2013)

Synopsis:
    • Written by Jeff Westbrook and Directed by Rob Oliver(Chris Ledesma/Twitter, Matthew Schofield/Twitter)
    • The opener of the 24th annual “Treehouse of Horror” is from Guillermo del Toro and features monsters and classic characters from horror films throughout history. In “Oh The Places You’ll D’oh,” the first of three spine-tingling stories, Homer rides around Springfield wreaking havoc as “The Fat in The Hat” in a rhyming Dr. Seuss-ian tale. In “Dead and Shoulders,” Bart is beheaded during a kite accident, his head is attached to Lisa’s body and they must live together as one. The final terrifying tale, “Freaks no Geeks,” features Mr. Burns’ traveling circus, The Burnsum and Bailey Circus, which has stopped in Springfieldland in the 1930s. Trapeze artist Marge and Strong Man Homer are performers and things go awry when circus freak Moe starts to make advances towards Marge. (Fox Flash)

Promos:
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    THOH XXIV's full promo:
    Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    I guess... We'll see an older Maggie in a sort of Maggie in wonderland?

Maybe it's this Freaks parody (I can see a bit Moe).

Maybe this The cat in the hat's parody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Preview, speculate, and anticipate away! Maybe even liveblog...?? Anything can happen in this magical thread!!!

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

Sounds like a good episode actually, I haven't been impressed with the past few TOHs (contrary to some peoples thoughts I understand) but they seem to have put a lot of effort into this one. Fingers crossed.
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe it’s just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

Blog Entries

I usually like the THOHs and these all sound decent. Cautiously optimistic

Junior Camper

It will probably suck but who knows

looks ok though can't wait

Blog Entries

I don't think much of Al Jeans THOH, even Mike Scully made much better ones. Last years THOH was mediocre, hopefully this one will be good.
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

With Rob Oliver at the helm, this episode will at least look great even if the writing underwhelms.
    I'm cautiously optimistic.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Nintendo Dance Party! ManiacalRoboKiller's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only decent THOH in the HD era was XX and even then it wasn't THAT great. So given the info we have now and promos we seen this could be the best THOH in the HD era (which isn't saying much).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Flimpson's Dracula View Post
    Like Seth MacFarlane's addiction to creating terrible new shows, Matt Groening has a problem with concluding a show. He needs therapy.

Blog Entries

Cautiously optimistic as all of these stories actually sound like plausible concepts for a THOH ep

I'm looking forward to this one, but "Dead and Shoulders" both sounds and seems an awful lot like Futurama's "Put Your Head On My Shoulders" (and wasn't Mr. Burns' head attached to one of Homer's shoulders in THOH II?). It already feels kinda rehashed, but maybe they can put a fresh spin on it somehow.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

vs. Radioactive Man Captain Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I'm looking forward to this one, but "Dead and Shoulders" both sounds and seems an awful lot like Futurama's "Put Your Head On My Shoulders" (and wasn't Mr. Burns' head attached to one of Homer's shoulders in THOH II?). It already feels kinda rehashed, but maybe they can put a fresh spin on it somehow.
    I'm at least happy that it's a new dynamic. We've already (briefly) seen boss and employee with Homer and Burns, exes (Futurama), and this episode will explore siblings. It actually reminds me a bit of "Bart vs. Lisa vs. the Third Grade", in which they're field trip buddies. Or "My Sister, My Sitter" where Lisa is forced to drag an unconscious Bart around.

I actually would have enjoyed a sequel to the "Treehouse of Horror II" segment, where they let an episode play out with Burns attached to Homer's body. But that would probably be way too meta and called out as a more blatant rip-off.
    UP AND ATOM!

Zombies Rise from the Sea

Well at least they're back to doing Halloweeny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    I actually would have enjoyed a sequel to the "Treehouse of Horror II" segment, where they let an episode play out with Burns attached to Homer's body. But that would probably be way too meta and called out as a more blatant rip-off.
    When I think of it, it could be pretty fun if they referenced the THOH II event involving Mr. Burns' head in the segment.

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

I have a feeling I'm going to hate the Cat in the Hat segment. I guess it depends how much they emphasize the violence over the cartoonishness of it. And the other two don't sound like they have very much potential. I guess I'm in the minority here who is quite pessimistic about this episode.

I totally forgot about the Cat in the Hat story! They really aren't playing it up, which might be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    When I think of it, it could be pretty fun if they referenced the THOH II event involving Mr. Burns' head in the segment.
    They should; it feels like this is going to be a full length version of that moment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chappy1988 View Post
    why would it make sense to have it after halloween?

In my Halloween tradition, the season kicks off October 1st. So I'm very happy to have a THOH airing before Halloween. Looking at the wiki, I-X aired the week of or on Halloween which I recall was awesome. But then FOX stopped giving a shit and XI-XIX aired the week after. Didn't really feel right. After that, aside from XXI they've managed to air in October. I'd love a special Thursday airing this year, but it would never happen.

I hope the THOH will be a good one this year
    My Simpsons Season 26 Ratings/Reviews:
    Clown in the Dumps : 1/5 / The Wreck of the Relationship : 3,5/5 / Super Franchise Me : 3/5 / Simpson Horror Show XXV : 2,75/5

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Squid View Post
    In my Halloween tradition, the season kicks off October 1st. So I'm very happy to have a THOH airing before Halloween. Looking at the wiki, I-X aired the week of or on Halloween which I recall was awesome. But then FOX stopped giving a shit and XI-XIX aired the week after. Didn't really feel right. After that, aside from XXI they've managed to air in October. I'd love a special Thursday airing this year, but it would never happen.
    If they were smart it would happen.
    "Oh no... we have to pre-empt Glee for a week. Anything but that!"

CG Rigger/Freelance Designer Robotics's Avatar
    Blog Entries

From what I see for far, the promotions are convincing. At least it appears to be that they're bringing back a good sense of "Halloween-y" into their episode. I'd probably say that they definitely haven't picked the ideal literature reference of using "Cat in the Hat" as a THOH segment.
    But until then, we shall not know...

it would just make sense to have it closer to the occasion, so Halloween would still be fresh in the memory rather than 3 weeks before it and no-one is thinking about it.

A lot of us agreed the last Treehouse of Horror was okay to pretty good... this Treehouse of Horror really looks like it's going back to its roots, making fun of classic horror material, themes, and characteristics (not making fun of modern horror), even better.

Blog Entries

I honestly just want a Treehouse of Horror episode that's actually scary/creepy. Like THOH VI, with the Nightmare on Elm Street parody. That one still gives me goosebumps to this day. To top it off, it's one of my favorite THOH segments.

Also, the chalkboard gag for this one is  "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" . But, that's from Wikipedia, so take it with a grain of salt.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

29. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Maybe the segment that'll be remotely scary is "Freaks no Geeks"...

Junior Camper

I'm glad the Cat in the Hat segment isn't just another "Let's laugh at monster Homer on a rampage because he's fat and dumb" thing but Cat in the Hat does bring to me the memory of that awful Mike Myers film.

The last segment with Moe hitting on Marge reminds me of that Moe's Tavern musical segment from a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post

Del Toro's segment seems to indeed be the same concept as THOH IX's opening. Looks like it might be crazy fun, though.
    Last years Treehouse of Horror was good... I hope this years Treehouse of Horror is great. This episode seems to take more on a classical horror root than the usual modern horror root previous Treehouse of Horror made fun of.

There's a new Simpsons-focused Animation Domination trailer up on FOX's YouTube site. Figured I'd link you guys up.

Lisa seems to be taking this whole "brother's head stitched onto her shoulder" thing in stride.
    You'd think she'd be upset about the situation or at least feel something in her nerve endings as her second head is getting strangled but I suppose not.

Thread Information