Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Simpsons vs South Park

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Good Morning, Captain NoDeerForAMonth's Avatar

The Simpsons vs South Park

@Kaine had a great idea and he let me do it

It's basically "The Simpsons vs Futurama" except replace The Simpsons with South Park, replace Futurama with The Simpsons, and then reverse the order.

Pygmolian: 0
    Tom's Rinoplasty:

Blog Entries

kaine didn't come up with it and he certainly didn't copyright it (hell, he didn't even make the thread). either way this could be a great thread, especially since the futurama one is basically dead now. south park and the simpsons have pretty comparable classic eras so this one could turn out even better.

at any rate, pygmolian is one of the best of season 11 (faint praise i know) but tom's rhinoplasty is far superior to me. it's pretty fun to watch the boys strive over the lesbian teacher as well as wendy getting pissed off. mr. garrison's plastic surgery subplot is arguably just as strong and i giggle pretty hard every time i think of mr. garrison's voice coming from david hasselhoff's face. one of the better early episodes for sure.

Tom's Rhinoplasty: 1

Blog Entries

I was thinking of the SImpsons VS South Park idea earlier, but never considered if it would be a good thread. Still I think it'll be pretty fun to be comparing episodes from both shows

As Handsome said, Pygmolian is one of the better season 11 episodes, which isn't saying much trough. Tom's Rinoplasty is a brilliant South Park classic, with the only ''real'' wacky part that they actually launch the substitute teacher in a rocket to the sun. Better not f*ck with Wendy Testaburger...

Overall, Rhinoplasty was way funnier and I really liked both plots with Garrison and the teacher. I guess the huge difference with The Simpsons and South Park, is tht while the Simpsons have better writing, South Park has the humor I really love.

Tom's Rhinoplasty: 2
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Pygmoelian is probably in Season 11's Top 5 and while it might lack the big laughs of Tom's Rhinoplasty it does have its share of jokes which are for the most part pretty solid. Also Tom's Rhinoplasty isn't really my favorite of season 1. I think I'd go with Pygmoelian.

(The problem is I haven't seen a lot of South Park episode since around the time they aired so I can't really judge them on how they hold up)

Pygmolian: 1
    Tom's Rhinoplasty: 2

Blog Entries

if I'm not mistaken, Tom's Rhinoplasty is the very first SP episode that was written solely by Trey Parker. It shows.

Pygmolian: 1
    Tom's Rhinoplasty: 3

Simpsons: 0
    South Park: 1

Bart's Comet:
    Volcano:

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Volcano is definitely one of the better episodes of Season 1, introducing Jimbo and Ned, the ''It's coming right at us'' line, Scuzzlebutt, and managing to not be as crude or rude as the show has been beforehand, but Bart's Comet is simply a lot better and polished, with a lot more funny moments and a much more interesting plot.

Bart's Comet: 1
    Volcano: 0
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

They are both brilliant classics, but I'll have to give this one to The Simpsons. Bart's Comet is one of the best of their season, and a true gem to the series. Volcano is also great, but I found the plot more lacking.

Bart's Comet: 2

Comeon need more votes

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bart's Comet: 3
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Bart's Comet: 4

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Damn, my two favourite shows facing off. Bart's Comet wins here though, Volcano isn't really a favourite of mine.
    Bart's Comet: 5

Banned

Bart's Comet: 6

Blog Entries

I've never seen Volcano, so Bart's Comet wins by default.

Bart's Comet: 7
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

Blog Entries

no brainer

Bart's Comet: 8

Blog Entries

Bart's Comet is the obvious winner, bring on the next match already

Simpsons: 1

Crepes of Wrath: 0
    Starvin Marvin: 0

Blog Entries

Crepes of Wrath: 0
    Starvin Marvin: 1

Crepes of Wrath: 1

Banned

The Crepes of Wrath: 2

Blog Entries

yeah starvin marvin is a lot funnier. crepes is pretty boring really.

The Crepes of Wrath: 2
    Starvin Marvin: 2

Blog Entries

The Crepes of Wrath: 3
    Starvin Marvin: 2

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Never really cared for CoF. Starvin Marvin was just funnier.

The Crepes of Wrath: 3
    Starvin Marvin: 3

Blog Entries

I was never really a fan of Starvin Marvin, never liked that character. The Crepes of Wrath has a more intriguing story imo, and was pretty funny aswell.

The Crepes of Wrath: 4

The Crepes of Wrath: 5

Season 25: Homerland 2/5, Treehouse of horror XXIV 3/5, Four regrettings and a funeral 3/5, Yolo 3/5, Labor Pains 4/5

Nature's Cruelest Mistake Infinity183's Avatar

A pretty tough call. Starvin' Marvin' is much funnier and easily one the better episodes from South Park's first season. However, Crepes of Wrath is still pretty entertaining and rounds out the occasional funny joke with actual heart, something which South Park lacks due to its primary focus on humor. I'll give this one to Starvin' Marvin' by a small margin.

The Crepes of Wrath: 5
    Starvin Marvin: 4
    My favorite and least favorite episodes from each season:
    S1 - Krusty Gets Busted / The Call of the Simpsons S2 - Lisa's Substitute / The War of the Simpsons S3 - Homer at the Bat / Dog of Death S4 - Marge vs. the Monorail / Whacking Day S5 - Marge on the Lam / Bart Gets an Elephant S6 - Who Shot Mr. Burns?: Part 1 / Another Simpsons Clip Show S7 - Bart on the Road / Homerpalooza S8 - You Only Move Twice / The Twisted World of Marge Simpson S9 - The Joy of Sect / All Singing, All Dancing S10 - Simpsons Bible Stories / Sunday, Cruddy Sunday S11 - Treehouse of Horror X / It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge S12 - Trilogy of Error / Tennis the Menace S13 - Half-Decent Proposal / The Sweetest Apu S14 - Moe Baby Blues / Brake My Wife, Please S15 - The Way We Weren't / Bart-Mangled Banner S16 - Sleeping with the Enemy / Thank God, It's Doomsday S17 - The Girl Who Slept Too Little / Homer's Paternity Coot S18 - 24 Minutes / The Boys of Bummer S19 - Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind / Treehouse of Horror XVIII S20 - Gone, Maggie Gone / Dangerous Curves S21 - O Brother, Where Bart Thou? / The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed S22 - Homer the Father / The Fool Monty S23 - The Book Job / Politically Inept, with Homer Simpson S24 - The Saga of Carl / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing

Banned

The Crepes of Wrath: 6
    Starvin Marvin: 4

Simpsons: 2

Summer of 4ft 2: 0
    Summer Sucks: 0

Blog Entries

I find Summer Sucks one of the more blander episode of classic South Park, with only a little humor. Summer of 4ft 2 has a much better story, maybe a little weak on the jokes.

Summer of 4ft 2: 1

Banned

Summer of 4ft 2: 2

Thread Information