Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Worst continuity errors

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

In season 24's final episode Dangers On A Train, Homer and Marge were celebrating their 10th anniversary. But in season 9's final episode, they celebrated their 11th...
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

Blog Entries

Alzheimer's is setting in.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

A pretty blatant one is that in very early episodes Smithers skin colour is brown but since then he has always had yellow skin. Also some characters have had different hair colours with no reason as to why.

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Smithers had an extreme suntan.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Kid Moe

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

I don't undertsand why Otto spanks Bart in The mook, the chef, the wife and her Homer. Bart is Otto's closest friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuchanezzar View Post
    does that 90's show count?
    Yes.

Supposedly, Homer lost his hair from each instance he found out Marge was pregnant. But in one episode, he lost his hair as a teen, because he wouldn't stop brushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by simpsonsbart View Post
    I don't undertsand why Otto spanks Bart in The mook, the chef, the wife and her Homer. Bart is Otto's closest friend.
    Because he stole the bus and ruined his chance with Metallica.
    Remember kids, Kariba is cool!

You have to know that Otto doesn't believe in spanking.

Santa's Little Helper Bart The Lover's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In the episode where Homer builds a dog house. the notepad Homer draws the blueprint on, changes from having content on it to being blank so he can draw on it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SchmatisfiedHomer View Post
    That mouse pulled out that cat's windpipe and played it like a bagpipe, but in the next scene, the cat was breathing comfortably.
    Just like in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by pkkao View Post
    I'd reply but I've reached my quota of daily Kid Moe thumbs.

Edit: damn it

That connection seems to have not been touched for many, many episodes before that point.

In 'Bart's Comet', When Flanders is singing on top of that hill, the town come walking up. For a second, Apu goes 'Michael Jackson' and has yellow skin (or white skin). I know this is probably just an animation error but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Lenzar View Post
    In 'Lisa's Pony', a character who looks like Ralph comes out with the line 'Yes, but what man can tame her?'. Clearly that is this kid instead, because there's no way Ralph is going to be that smart. It's probably also this kid that thinks Barney-Krusty 'still looks funny, but not ha-ha funny.'
    A number of earlier ones (like Smithers's skin color, and Carl having Lenny's voice, etc.) can be chalked up to the show still figuring itself out. This one is definitely Ralph (still under development,) unless there are two kids that look the same with the last name of Wiggum (which Lisa calls out as she throws his mail to him.)

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

interesting list, but at the end of the 7th isn't the writer basically saying it's not that OOC?

Good Morning, Captain NoDeerForAMonth's Avatar

In grandpa and his grumblin grand grandson or whatever he mentions he fought with a man with the last name skinner assumed to be seymours father because of the simular appearences and last name.

In principal in the pauper it turns out seymour is not a skinner

Wanting to switch seats The Monorail's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Didn't simpsonsbart say in the first page that Skinner ones don't count since the judge declared that Armin Tamzarian will legally have Seymour Skinner's name, past and mother?

Blog Entries

the worst skinner one, for me, is the one in Boy Meets Curl when it shows Agnes pregnant with him, and him being responsible while still in the womb for her messing up.

Wanting to switch seats The Monorail's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah. That doesn't even make any sense, why would a pregnant woman do pole vault, which by the way wasn't even olympic event yet in Helsinki 1952 Olympics (women's pole vault)

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark Jones View Post
    the worst skinner one, for me, is the one in Boy Meets Curl when it shows Agnes pregnant with him, and him being responsible while still in the womb for her messing up.
    That one hadn't even registered with me. Yeah, that's gotta be one of the worst.
    Current Season Rankings: 6 > 3 > 8 > 4 > 7 > 10 > 5 > 2 > 9 > 11 > 13 > 1 > 12 > 15 > 24 > 14 > 20 > 22 > 17 > 19 > 23 > 18 > 21 > 16

Blog Entries

boy meets curl is one of my least favorite episodes and that moment always jumped out to me as 'worse' than any other skinner continuity error

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbo Gabbo Gabbo View Post
    Also this. There are two Ralphs.
    They've drawn the purple haired girl twice too. How stupid.
    About milk, remember that this word has several meanings...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bart The Lover View Post
    In the episode where Homer builds a dog house. the notepad Homer draws the blueprint on, changes from having content on it to being blank so he can draw on it.
    he erased it

lyrics 2 my song in username lolcats's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Monorail View Post
    Yeah. That doesn't even make any sense, why would a pregnant woman do pole vault, which by the way wasn't even olympic event yet in Helsinki 1952 Olympics (women's pole vault)
    no, it's because she was supposed to be pregnant with the real skinner, not armin, but it still shows that it was armin.
    A N G E R- Destroying innocent people since 2013. (Semi-retired, so he only destroys people whenever he's on vacation)

Favorite Episode - The Front
    Favorite Character - Hans Moleman
    Favorite Season - 7

Favorite Quote - "Ah, kiss my dishrag!"
    Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dobbie

Otto spanked Bart in Season 18. Bart and Otto aren't enemies nowadays, they're still friends.

Release the hounds... Sinister Burns's Avatar

@Dark Homer already destroyed a lot of these: It's not an error if it was deliberate. Trying to establish a layout of Springfield is just begging for taunts of "NERRRRRRRD!"; the Simpsons' and Flanders' houses being next to each other must be about the only thing that's stayed consistent.

True continuity errors are things like clothes or props changing colour mid-scene.

Blog Entries

I found this list with a lot of continuity errors:

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/List_...t_continuities

Blog Entries

I've found another one about how Homer loses his hair.

In one episode, it showed that Homer lost his hair when he ripped it off every time he heard that Marge is pregnant. And in yet another episode, he lost his hair because of some experimental shampoo or something.

So which one is it?

Stupid like a fox Perfectly Cromulent's Avatar

Marge happily goes on a plane when Lisa wins the Readers Digest competition to Washington in Season 3's "Mr Lisa goes to Washington" but then we have the whole "Fear of Flying" episode in Season 6 where Marge needs therapy to get on a plane....

Blog Entries

In one of the HD season episodes, Homer says he's 39 years old. But Marge is 34, and they once said that they're the same age. Its hard to believe that Homer is 5 years older then Marge, or that they have aged 5 years in the show while the kids are still the exact same age.

The age thing is really annoying in cartoons

Thread Information