Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst continuity errors

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Worst continuity errors

Over the years we have seen many continuity errors, such as SNPP being behind the Simpson house in 'Homer the Great' despite much evidence to the contrary. For me, however, the most recent bad one was in a S24 episode. Moe suddenly knew that it was Bart doing the prank calls, and yet, two episodes later, had forgotten again. Both were bad errors, IMHO.

Blog Entries

The fact that Mrs.Glick has appeared twice since her death in season 23.

Nature's Cruelest Mistake Infinity183's Avatar

In ...And Maggie Makes Three, Homer is quite visibly the Springfield Nuclear Plant's safety inspector, yet up until the events of Homer's Odyssey, he's a technical supervisor. You could suggest that the latter takes place before the flashbacks in the former, but Maggie makes an appearance in Homer's Odyssey, so this would be impossible.
    My favorite and least favorite episodes from each season:
    S1 - Krusty Gets Busted / The Call of the Simpsons S2 - Lisa's Substitute / The War of the Simpsons S3 - Homer at the Bat / Dog of Death S4 - Marge vs. the Monorail / Whacking Day S5 - Marge on the Lam / Bart Gets an Elephant S6 - Who Shot Mr. Burns?: Part 1 / Another Simpsons Clip Show S7 - Bart on the Road / Homerpalooza S8 - You Only Move Twice / The Twisted World of Marge Simpson S9 - The Joy of Sect / All Singing, All Dancing S10 - Simpsons Bible Stories / Sunday, Cruddy Sunday S11 - Treehouse of Horror X / It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Marge S12 - Trilogy of Error / Tennis the Menace S13 - Half-Decent Proposal / The Sweetest Apu S14 - Moe Baby Blues / Brake My Wife, Please S15 - The Way We Weren't / Bart-Mangled Banner S16 - Sleeping with the Enemy / Thank God, It's Doomsday S17 - The Girl Who Slept Too Little / Homer's Paternity Coot S18 - 24 Minutes / The Boys of Bummer S19 - Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind / Treehouse of Horror XVIII S20 - Gone, Maggie Gone / Dangerous Curves S21 - O Brother, Where Bart Thou? / The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed S22 - Homer the Father / The Fool Monty S23 - The Book Job / Politically Inept, with Homer Simpson S24 - The Saga of Carl / Love is a Many-Splintered Thing

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

It was probably Alice's sister. In several épisodes, Otto seems to like pop, modern music and easy listening, but in The mook, the chief, the wife and her Homer, he only likes psychedelic music and songs which are at least hard rock. It was probably someone who impersonated him, it's obliged to be that.

For the fans who founds "errors" about Principal Skinner as the real Skinner, I take the quote said by Snyder in The principal and the pauper:
    "By authority of the city of Springfield I hereby confer upon you the name of Seymour Skinner as well as his past, present, future and mother."

Good Morning, Captain NoDeerForAMonth's Avatar

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes that same rib twice in succession yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we, to believe that this is some sort of a, a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

I know it's a running joke more than a continuity error at this point, but the million different things Grandpa has done in his life always bothered me. Nothing connects.

Blog Entries

There are so many continuity errors... but compared to shows like Spongebob and Family Guy, its actually doing a pretty good job.

This is probably the worst one:

Homer: You're pregnant of Bart? AAAHHHH

*runs past a picture of Lisa...*

Also, in The Way We Weren't and I Married Marge, it was Dr Hibbert who told them that Marge got pregnant of Bart.

In season 22's episode ''The Blue and the Gray'', Marge first discovers that her hair is turning grey. But in the classic era she already knew that she was as grey as a mule when she was 17...
    Episodes rated best and worst from each season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: The Way We Was/Bart's Dog Gets an F 3: Colonel Homer/Dog of Death 4: Marge vs. The Monorail/So It's Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Bart Gets An Elephant 6: Treehouse of Horror V/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Mother Simpson/Homerpalooza 8: You Only Move Twice/The Canine Mutiny 9: Lisa's Sax/The Two Mrs. Nahasapeemapetilons 10: Lisa Gets an A/Sunday Cruddy Sunday 11: Behind The Laughter/Beyond Blunderdome 12: Trilogy of Error/The Computer Wore Menace Shoes 13: I Am Furious Yellow/Homer the Moe 14: The Dad Who Knew Too Little/Large Marge 15: The Way We Weren't/Diatribe of a Mad Housewife 16: Thank God Its Doomsday/Mommie Beerest 17: Marge's Son Poisoning/Bonfire of the Manatees 18: Marge Gamer/Revenge is Best Served Three Times 19: Treehouse of Horror XVIII/That 90's Show 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Coming To Homerica 21: O Brother, Where Bart thou?/The Devil Wears Nada 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fool Monty 23: Holidays of Future Passed/Moe Goes From Rags To Riches 24: Adventures In Baby-Getting/Whiskey Business 25: Brick Like Me/White Christmas Blues 26: Bart's New Friend/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Halloween of Horror/Every Man's Dream 28: There Will Be Buds/Moho House 29: Gone Boy/Throw Grampa from the Dane

There's another one I remember, regarding Marge.

She's allergic to fish only for a visit to a fish restaurant as the secondary plot in one episode (think it's New Kid on the Block?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lenzar View Post
    There's another one I remember, regarding Marge.

She's allergic to fish only for a visit to a fish restaurant as the secondary plot in one episode (think it's New Kid on the Block?)
    "New Kid on the Block" is correct.

However, she begins that line with "But I think I'm allergic to seafood". Maybe she later discovered that the convulsions she went into were from something else and in this episode she was trying to exercise caution until she could discover the true culprit.

Armin Tamzarian.

Also this. There are two Ralphs.

Junior Camper

What about Homer being illiterate? OR What about almost everyone being left handed in Springfield?

Blog Entries

Not sure if this counts, because Bart may not know Homer is sterile. In one of the HD era he wanted to have a little brother, so he tried to make Homer and Marge make one.

Also I find this one kinda ironic... Marge is probably heavily Christian, yet she gets knocked up before marriage.

Speaking of which. In The Simpsons Movie, on their wedding tape it showed them dancing with their relatives around (don't remember if she was pregnant or not). But they are married in a small churh in vegas and in their own house, yet the Simpsons movie gives an entirely different location.

Out of touch old timer Nebuchanezzar's Avatar

does that 90's show count?
    We are trying to archive all of the noteworthy, substantial and important Simpsons related posts/threads on the NHC. This website hosts an enormous library of great observations that ought to be catalogued in a library of online criticism. If you know of any threads that fit this bill PLEASE CONTRIBUTE to the link below.

CLICK HERE

Also of interest:
    My grades and reviews of every episode from seasons 1-7

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbo Gabbo Gabbo View Post
    Also this. There are two Ralphs.
    I'll field this one.

In 'Lisa's Pony', a character who looks like Ralph comes out with the line 'Yes, but what man can tame her?'. Clearly that is this kid instead, because there's no way Ralph is going to be that smart. It's probably also this kid that thinks Barney-Krusty 'still looks funny, but not ha-ha funny.'

Is that supposed to be Eliza between Janey and one of the Ralphs, btw?

Blog Entries

Is that 90's Show even canon? I keep hearing its not

I think so. Fuck it. That's the only attitude you can take towards the canon these days. Just fuck it and go with it.
    Current Season Rankings: 6 > 3 > 8 > 4 > 7 > 10 > 5 > 2 > 9 > 11 > 13 > 1 > 12 > 15 > 24 > 14 > 20 > 22 > 17 > 19 > 23 > 18 > 21 > 16

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Space camp

Tell Us What it Am SchmatisfiedHomer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That mouse pulled out that cat's windpipe and played it like a bagpipe, but in the next scene, the cat was breathing comfortably.
    My Favorite Episodes: Homer's Barbershop Quartet, Itchy and Scratchy Land, Homer and Apu, Burns' Heir, and Rosebud.
    My Least Favorite Episodes: Elementary School Musical, Lisa Goes Gaga, Kill the Alligator and Run, Saddleshore Galactica, and The Ten-Per-Cent Solution.
    "Kids, kids, you tried your best, and you failed miserably. The lesson is...never try." ~Homer Simpson
    "I just think they're neat." ~Marge Simpson on potatoes
    "If anyone needs me, I'll be in my room." ~Lisa Simpson and her "catchphrase"
    "Why did you leave me here when I clearly need medical attention?" ~Bart Simpson on Lisa thinking love can heal him
    "(suck, suck)" Maggie Simpson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    Is that 90's Show even canon? I keep hearing its not
    People usually consider other flashback episodes canon, but not this one. Their reasoning is because this one is a bad episode. Flimsiest reasoning in the book.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

I can't really call it canon because they're students in the freaking 90's.... where they already had kids

Its a bad episode that should've been forgotten anyway

A normal looking Rod and Todd... in Lisa's Sax

What about the Saga of carl carlson & much apu about nothing, Carl is from Iceland, but he just stands still, not even blinking for 11 seconds when mayor Quimby announces he wants to get rid of illegal immigrants? I think he was American then and conveniently changed to Icelander.

Come back, Zinc!! Sniper Squirrel's Avatar

In Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk Smithers gets stung by bees and seems unphazed, but in 22 short films he almost dies by a single bee sting

In Homer's Barbershop Quartet, Santa's Little helper is seen burying the fake Homer head, but they don't get him until Simpsons Roasting

Also in Blood Feud Marge mentions that Bart is allergic to Butterscotch and imitation butterscotch, but in a later episode she mentions cooking Bart's favorite, butterscotch chicken.
    I'm just like Krusty!
    I'm Krusty, who are you? by NoHomers.net

Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughty Nurses 2

Blog Entries

I don't think things count as "errors" if they were made deliberately or intentionally designed to be contradictory

Also in Blood Feud Marge mentions that Bart is allergic to Butterscotch and imitation butterscotch, but in a later episode she mentions cooking Bart's favorite, butterscotch chicken.[/QUOTE]

Bart said he ate some shrimp without having any allergic reactions in "The Frying Game" and gets hit by some shrimp without being harmed in "Mommie Bearest", but in "Please Homer, Don't Hammer Em" he has an allergy to shrimp that is quite serious.

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: zartok-35

Hired Goon
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by biffwestwood View Post
    Bart said he ate some shrimp without having any allergic reactions in "The Frying Game" and gets hit by some shrimp without being harmed in "Mommie Bearest", but in "Please Homer, Don't Hammer Em" he has an allergy to shrimp that is quite serious.
    I thought they should have used cauliflower in Don't Hammer 'Em, since he was allergic to it in The Heartbroke Kid.
    My Simpsons Season Rankings:
    6 > 7 > 3 > 5 > 8 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 9 > 15 > 13 > 14 > 10 > 16 > 12 > 11 > 22 > 21 > 17 > 25 > 24 > 18 > 26 > 20 > 19 > 23

Quote Originally Posted by handsome
    honestly the most burning question i had about you was if you had seen every disney movie so i'm glad that got out of the way first

Blog Entries

The farmhouse Homer grew up in burned down in Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy, but is still standing in E-I-E-I-D'oh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    The farmhouse Homer grew up in burned down in Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy, but is still standing in E-I-E-I-D'oh.
    latter episode took place before the former, crisis averted

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

I think the errors with allergies can be a bit iffy since some allergies can develop later in life, as well as some allergies in children disappearing over time.

The ages of Homer and Marge really bother me for some reason.

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: extra

"Modern Simpsons" defender simpsonsbart's Avatar

In Viva Ned Flanders, Ned states he's 60, but in Hurricane Neddy, there is a video which takes place 30 years ago and Ned is a kid in it.

Thread Information