Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 727



Thread: gamers are shit



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    i don't know where i am
    Posts
    20,889
    Blog Entries
    126


    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMcGann View Post
    N, men do face discrimination based on their gender, especially in the courts.
    Maybe in divorces for example, I understand that.

  2. #242
    SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,437


    Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    *slinks away before people realise I agree with the dangerous lunatic*
    Who?

  3. #243
    d=(^_^)z kupomog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    37,867


    Quote Originally Posted by hamm View Post
    you surely don't think i've made a single unreasonable post in this thread, @kupomog? like everything i've said is all fairly common sense stuff, no?
    All the ones I read seem very reasonable, yes. I just think it's funny that you have at least x4 the amount of posts I do on this subject and the one post I make towards the tail end automatically made me a bad example along with you because it was in line with what you said.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

  4. #244
    direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,551
    Blog Entries
    42


    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    All the ones I read seem very reasonable, yes. I just think it's funny that you have at least x4 the amount of posts I do on this subject and the one post I make towards the tail end automatically made me a bad example along with you because it was in line with what you said.
    okay cool
    i just sort of resent the idea of being thought of as CRAZY FEMINIST GUY so i'm a bit defensive, i guess

  5. #245
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,509
    Blog Entries
    1


    pipe down man hater
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

  6. #246
    Mobster DoctorMcGann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,817


    Quote Originally Posted by N View Post
    Maybe in divorces for example, I understand that.
    Criminal court also. Recently a woman who raped an eight-year-old over 50 times only got a year in jail.

    But wait, if you agree there's issues with discrimination against men in divorce courts...why'd you say that men are never discriminated against?

  7. #247
    SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,437


    Quote Originally Posted by ofhf View Post
    Who?
    I stand by my "who".

  8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

  9. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    i don't know where i am
    Posts
    20,889
    Blog Entries
    126


    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMcGann View Post
    Criminal court also. Recently a woman who raped an eight-year-old over 50 times only got a year in jail.

    But wait, if you agree there's issues with discrimination against men in divorce courts...why'd you say that men are never discriminated against?
    I meant in my opinion men don't face everyday common discrimination in the same way that women do.

  10. #249
    wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,652


    Imagine living in a world where this thread ended 6 pages ago.
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe its just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons


  11. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    i don't know where i am
    Posts
    20,889
    Blog Entries
    126


    what a sweet world that would be


  12. #251
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,923
    Blog Entries
    14


    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    What is your deal here? I asked you simple questions I want answers to, I find that very reasonable. I didn't even insult you. You dislike me "making light" of male discrimination, when I did not do that, so you assumed that to begin with, and then you assumed WHY I felt that, and then insulted me at least twice in the process directly and indirectly. But in every single thing I wrote in my post, about the harassment of the women and whatnot, that's the only thing you bothered pointing out, telling me my content was unnecessary, that I only think things because of "society" when you are here telling me you "read things about things." Of course I feel the same way about female discrimination and harassment, I live it. My whole initial post was mainly a reaction about the severe harassment and discrimination women face just for BEING women, so of course I'm also curious as to why that is the only thing you cared about in my entire post, especially when you tell me I'm "failing" at being a good example and putting me on the same level as hamm (no offense, hamm) for saying a few sentences about the topic and then switching to the REAL topic.
    Alright, I'm sorry for insulting and offending you. It was just one of the first sentences of your post, so I read it and jumped to the conclusion that you were making light of male discrimination. I've read about some of the issues men face and as a man, they naturally make me angry, and I'm sure you feel the same way when reading/experiencing discrimination against women. Because of this, I can be a bit defensive, and I'm sorry for insulting you. I should have read more of your post to realize that you live discrimination, rather than just assuming you were going by what society tells you.

  13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

  14. #252
    The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    14,417
    Blog Entries
    395


    (Realizes the subject matter has actually zero to do with the thread title)
    What happened here?
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

  15. #253
    Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,010
    Blog Entries
    4


    So do you still want to be banned or is that not a thing?

  16. #254
    done with doing deadname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,430
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post



    Good to finally get a woman's take on all of this.
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think


  17. #255
    done with doing deadname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,430
    Blog Entries
    1


    also im doing this cause i want to destroy gamers forever

    http://itch.io/jam/ruinjam2014

    come join us!

  18. #256
    SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    5,437


    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolerSimpsons View Post
    (Realizes the subject matter has actually zero to do with the thread title)
    What happened here?
    Thread derailment. Happens all the time.

  19. #257
    NHC's biggest shitposter Bort Simsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hell Hole, Mexico
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    2


    i stand by my idea we delete this thread, we shall never mention it again under the penalty of torture.


  20. #258
    done with doing deadname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,430
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Bort Simsin View Post
    i stand by my idea we delete this thread, we shall never mention it again under the penalty of torture.
    you know you can delete your posts if you are embarrassed by them. i don't really like deleting entire threads unless it's extreme illegal activity or just spam


  21. #259
    NHC's biggest shitposter Bort Simsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hell Hole, Mexico
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    2


    its not my posts, the entire thread is cancer and it should be deleted.

  22. #260
    Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,010
    Blog Entries
    4



  23. #261
    NHC's biggest shitposter Bort Simsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hell Hole, Mexico
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by Xaiv View Post
    HOW YOU DARE, MY OPINIONS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT, ILL TELL MY BLOGS ABOUT THIS.
    /s

  24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Monty

  25. #262
    the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    hamilton, on
    Posts
    3,800
    Blog Entries
    103


    Memes have been posted, thread has hit rock bottom, lets just leave now while we can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamtasm View Post

  26. #263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    i don't know where i am
    Posts
    20,889
    Blog Entries
    126


    Why don't we all just be friends



  27. #264
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,509
    Blog Entries
    1


    too many white men there as misandry incarnate I cannot endorse this message

  28. #265
    NHC's biggest shitposter Bort Simsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hell Hole, Mexico
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    2


    Quote Originally Posted by N View Post
    Why don't we all just be friends



    skip to 12 seconds because youtube.


  29. #266
    Comic Book Me Shaunbadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    28,640
    Blog Entries
    1


    Man, this thread has just been an experience and a half. Don't really have much else to say at this point because what else is there to cover? Besides, we've hit the meme stage of the thread which is still somehow rock bottom despite everything else that has transpired.
    How to remaster

  30. #267


    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    What is your deal here? I asked you simple questions I want answers to, I find that very reasonable. I didn't even insult you. You dislike me "making light" of male discrimination, when I did not do that, so you assumed that to begin with, and then you assumed WHY I felt that, and then insulted me at least twice in the process directly and indirectly. But in every single thing I wrote in my post, about the harassment of the women and whatnot, that's the only thing you bothered pointing out, telling me my content was unnecessary, that I only think things because of "society" when you are here telling me you "read things about things." Of course I feel the same way about female discrimination and harassment, I live it. My whole initial post was mainly a reaction about the severe harassment and discrimination women face just for BEING women, so of course I'm also curious as to why that is the only thing you cared about in my entire post, especially when you tell me I'm "failing" at being a good example and putting me on the same level as hamm (no offense, hamm) for saying a few sentences about the topic and then switching to the REAL topic.
    Funny thing is that one of the earliest (and just about only) criticisms of Zoe Quinn, Nathan Grayson, and the whole early media blackout on an actual gaming news site (and not a Youtube personality, twitter, 4chan, reddit, etc) came from a strongly self-identified feminist who very clearly acknowledged the real harassment women get, but wasn't about to deny the significance or facts of the story and the legitimate problems that this exposes within gaming media. This doesn't have to be an either/or thing, as you noted.

    http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/0...rest-articles/
    http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/0...men-in-gaming/

    (she also had some harsh things to say about Patricia and that Cards Against Humanities story too, which is good because that was seriously one of the worst things I had ever seen in gaming media)

    Most curious thing about this story to me is how gamer politics have begun to map themselves onto real politics and real journalistic standards, and the curious alliances and scandals it has encouraged. Adam Baldwin inviting "The InternetAristocrat" to a radio show for some reason, Jenn Frank writing that pro Zoe piece on The Guardian then later getting (effectively) fire because of her own lack of disclosures, Christina Sommers seeing this as a battleground for her own battles of "Equity feminism" vs. "Gender feminism". This has elevated the story in some very weird, bizarre ways. I don't know what impact it's going to have, but I'm curious to see what's left in the rubble.
    Last edited by Channel Surfer; 09-03-2014 at 10:50 PM.

  31. #268
    Breathtaking Nitsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA
    Posts
    3,988


    So...I just read through this whole thread.



    It's official. I have no life. To be honest, I saw this thread being active recently and I thought it was just about video games. Little did I know...
    Get woke, go broke

  32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Monty

  33. #269
    Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A Road to Nowhere
    Posts
    1,640


    So, are we all in agreement that this thread's gone to total shit?

  34. #270


    Seems to me you guys could just make less shitty posts.




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •