Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 727



Thread: gamers are shit



(Users Browsing this Thread: )

  1. #181
    Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,010
    Blog Entries
    4


    Hamm, I was linking the article because you said you interpreted the situation differently; I was just trying to make you see my view on how things are being portrayed.

    I guess to put a pin directly on the issue I have with the entire situation:

    YES, feminists and their supporters are being wrongfully abused and threatened - I don't deny this. However, many feminists and their supporters will not hear the opposing side even coming from the cool-headed people trying to defend their stance. The largely feminist stance I see online takes that if you disagree with them, you're instantly labeled as misogynistic or sexist no matter how rational and calm and fair you are in your argument. Both sides are at fault and I wish we could honestly just have a discussion about the real issues plaguing the video game industry but when the shitheads came in and attacked feminism and made this about feminism, it was a lost cause.

    Please, bear in mind, I am not standing behind anything the previous two posts before me said.


  2. #182
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,489
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by Bort Simsin View Post
    well i give up with this shit so ill just say some words "sjws" usually say.

    WHITE CIS MALE SCUM DIE, IDIOT TROLL STRAWMAN, CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE, IM A "INSERT THING HERE"KIN AND THAT IS EXTREMELY OFFENCIVE SO I CALLED THE COPS, YOU OPPRESIVE PATRIARCH FUCK.
    dont bother replying, i give up with this thread and with this gaming "issue".
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist


  3. #183
    Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,010
    Blog Entries
    4


    Quote Originally Posted by Bort Simsin View Post
    well i give up with this shit so ill just say some words "sjws" usually say.

    WHITE CIS MALE SCUM DIE, IDIOT TROLL STRAWMAN, CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE, IM A "INSERT THING HERE"KIN AND THAT IS EXTREMELY OFFENCIVE SO I CALLED THE COPS, YOU OPPRESIVE PATRIARCH FUCK.
    dont bother replying, i give up with this thread and with this gaming "issue".
    To be clear, your attitude is what's wrong with the entire conversation or - more forthright - why there can't be a conversation.

  4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tromboon

  5. #184
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,923
    Blog Entries
    14


    I love how some feminists get all heated and try to argue with level-headed people who are fair to BOTH sides. #smh


  6. #185
    direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,551
    Blog Entries
    42


    I can't believe I ever defended D'ohmer


  7. #186
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,489
    Blog Entries
    1


    Debating with rational people = the first sign of angry illogical madness


  8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: deadname

  9. #187
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,923
    Blog Entries
    14


    Quote Originally Posted by hamm View Post
    I can't believe I ever defended D'ohmer
    What does this have to do with you defending me in the past?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    Debating with rational people = the first sign of angry illogical madness

    Debating =/= getting your panties in a twist when someone says that there's a dark side to feminism and that some MRAs have good points (or vice versa).

  10. #188
    NHC's biggest shitposter Bort Simsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Hell Hole, Mexico
    Posts
    211
    Blog Entries
    2


    "matriarchy"
    no, just no, go away, never use that term again, its fucking stupid and its pure "MRA" bullshit.
    i do hate both sides of this fucking thread.

    quotes: not really part of that movement, just used by extremist assholes who hate actual equality and only care about their "feels"

  11. #189
    Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,010
    Blog Entries
    4


    D'ohmer, Bort... please for the sake of the argument, just put a sock in it. You're not helping the opposing side to look any better than they already don't.

  12. #190
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,489
    Blog Entries
    1


    Except it's not so much that there aren't stupid feminists it's that people like to pretend that the entire movement is a misandrist over emotional fascist mass because they can't deal with the fact that equality comes with losing some of the privileges a straight cisgender male can take for granted.

  13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: tyler, Xaiv

  14. #191
    d=(^_^)z kupomog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    37,836


    Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    First of all, it's a lot closer than you're making it out to be.
    Not sure how you can possibly say male discrimination is nearly at the same level as female discrimination.

    Second of all, how does that make it wrong for men to fight for their rights as well.
    I didn't say it was wrong. I implied that it's not a balanced argument to make if you're trying to shit on feminism existing.

    If you and Hamm are trying to be good examples of feminists, then you're failing miserably.
    What? Explain what I even did to "fail miserably" at being a feminist? Because the only thing I have to do to be one is exist.
    I haven't even come CLOSE to defending ANYTHING in this thread at the volume any other person in here has, jesus christ.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

  15. #192
    direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,551
    Blog Entries
    42


    not every argument has two sides that are equally right
    in fact, most don't

    because some nutter says climate change isn't happening... that doesn't mean we have to take his stupid opinion as equally valid to pretty much every single scientist
    same with evolution vs creationism and same with feminism vs MRA

    not all opinions are born with equal validity


  16. #193
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,923
    Blog Entries
    14


    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    Not sure how you can possibly say male discrimination is nearly at the same level as female discrimination.
    The only reason you think that is because you're going by what society tells you. My point is still that it was an unnecessary part of your post.

    Quote Originally Posted by hamm View Post
    not every argument has two sides that are equally right
    in fact, most don't

    because some nutter says climate change isn't happening... that doesn't mean we have to take his stupid opinion as equally valid to pretty much every single scientist
    same with evolution vs creationism and same with feminism vs MRA

    not all opinions are born with equal validity
    Alright, I just lost any respect for you that was remaining. BTW, you started this debate.

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMcGann View Post
    Is Zoe Quinn the woman who slept with a bunch of game journalists to get better reviews on her game? I can see why people don't much like her.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamm View Post
    hahaha no but that is what she is accused of, yes
    but don't let facts stand in the way of your anger at women, MRA!
    Seriously? Was it really necessary for you to interpret his post as him attacking women, or to call him something you (somehow) have a pathetic vendetta against?

    I'm out.


  17. #194
    direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,551
    Blog Entries
    42


    why are we going back to the start

  18. #195
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,489
    Blog Entries
    1


    How can you not agree that debates don't always happen between two equally valid viewpoints?

  19. #196
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,489
    Blog Entries
    1


    Yeah there's at least 9,698 other good reasons

  20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

  21. #197
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,923
    Blog Entries
    14


    Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    How can you not agree that debates don't always happen between two equally valid viewpoints?
    Alright, I know I said I was out, but I'll clarify. I was referring to the examples he gave, which was him finding a way to shit all over people who believe in Creationism and MRAs, not the point he made with his post.

    I'm out for real now.

  22. #198
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,489
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    The only reason you think that is because you're going by what society tells you. My point is still that it was an unnecessary part of your post.
    Yeah sure, Western society is super focused on hiding just how hard it is for men over here. Why I bet those sneaky feminists are responsible for the wage gap, low conviction rates for rape and slut shaming just to make a point.
    Last edited by The Spruce Moose; 02-19-2017 at 08:21 AM.


  23. #199
    direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,551
    Blog Entries
    42


    hey! I don't have a problem with creationists! I have a problem with creationists who want it taught in schools as an equally valid alternative to evolution!

  24. #200
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,489
    Blog Entries
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    Alright, I know I said I was out, but I'll clarify. I was referring to the examples he gave, which was him finding a way to shit all over people who believe in Creationism and MRAs, not the point he made with his post.

    I'm out for real now.
    Creationism is bullshit though.

  25. #201
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,362
    Blog Entries
    503


    this is the worst thread i've ever read


  26. #202
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,923
    Blog Entries
    14


    Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    Creationism is bullshit though.
    And I just lost respect for you as well. Go back to Reddit!

  27. #203
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,362
    Blog Entries
    503


    ban @D'ohmer

  28. #204
    direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13,551
    Blog Entries
    42


    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
    this is the worst thread i've ever read
    you gave me thumbs though!!!!

  29. #205
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,923
    Blog Entries
    14


    If I deserve a ban after what I said in this thread, then feel free to ban me. I'd still have no regrets.

  30. #206
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,362
    Blog Entries
    503


    you know what i mean!! the people in the wrong on this thread are so fucking aggravating. and of course d'ohmer had a hand in it

  31. #207
    oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Partying in the burbs
    Posts
    13,489
    Blog Entries
    1


    Come on mods that's a free shot for the sake of the board take it.

  32. #208
    d=(^_^)z kupomog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Mililani, HI
    Posts
    37,836


    Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    The only reason you think that is because you're going by what society tells you. My point is still that it was an unnecessary part of your post.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh what?? I am a female who deals with it on a regular fucking basis and sees others deal with it too. I work in IT for christ's sake, it's PREVALENT in this field. We JUST had a situation where the only two female interns out of the whole IT intern group were given data entry jobs in their time here vs. tech jobs which is what they were here for. I don't need society to tell me what is and isn't happening in my own life and I don't need YOU dictating what is and isn't necessary in my own posts.


  33. #209
    Banned D'ohmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,923
    Blog Entries
    14


    A ban may actually be good for me in the long run. I waste too much of my time and energy arguing with some of the people here.

  34. #210
    Administrator Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    34,362
    Blog Entries
    503


    the ban would be good for everyone on this board because you're an idiot that ruins many good threads




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •