Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: gamers are shit

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can I donate to Anita Sarkessian out of pure spite please?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Banned
    Blog Entries

you're either a feminist like most good people, or else you're a cunt

take your pick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by c l o n e View Post
    all the feminists i know, male and female, are super rad people

the people who bemoan feminists and call them "feminazis" (seriously?) are people like d'ohmer and 14-year old simpsons fan forum boarders

go figure
    I'm not denying that feminists are generally good people with good intentions, there are just some that give the term "feminist" a bad name. Same with MRAs. For the record, this is why I don't associate myself with either group. I don't have the energy to deal with idiots.

Blog Entries

the people who bemoan feminists and call them "feminazis" (seriously?) are people like d'ohmer and 14-year old simpsons fan forum boarders

go figure
    I'm not denying that feminists are generally good people with good intentions, there are just some that give the term "feminist" a bad name. Same with MRAs. For the record, this is why I don't associate myself with either group. I don't have the energy to deal with idiots.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

man, gamers sure do suck huh

6. Thumbs Up To This Post by: deadname

the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    I don't have the energy to deal with idiots.
    and yet you come to this forum daily
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamtasm View Post

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer, Ryan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by N View Post
    you're either a feminist like most good people, or else you're a cunt

take your pick
    Alright. I believe that men and women should have equal rights. Of course that will never happen because life isn't totally fair, but I think we should try and make both sexes as equal as possible. What does that make me?

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Shaunbadia is going to love that he bumped this thread. he loves these discussions. lives for it.

11. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

Alright. I believe that men and women should have equal rights. Of course that will never happen because life isn't totally fair, but I think we should try and make both sexes as equal as possible. What does that make me?
    That is the actual dictionary definition of feminism I don't know why the hell you'd have a problem with it.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Then you're a feminist.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Spruce Moose View Post
    That is the actual dictionary definition of feminism I don't know why the hell you'd have a problem with it.
    thats not how the internet makes it out to be.

wanna live like common people Elliot76's Avatar

arguments like this are stupid because you end up just trying to further convince the other people on the same side as you and be like "woah we're so right, look at this great point I made" rather than offering new light to the other side and convince them
    forum obviously has different opinions to d'ohmer, mcgann etc. and they probably won't change your mind, you should just take the page 3 advice and "i'm out" this thread
    "Maybe there is no moral. Maybe its just a bunch of stuff that happened."
    - The Simpsons

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

go figure
    Yeah, feminazis is stupid.

N. What the fuck. You are literally saying that you can't think women and men are equal without being a feminist. That is so fucking stupid.

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer, Sam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot74 View Post
    arguments like this are stupid because you end up just trying to further convince the other people on the same side as you and be like "woah we're so right, look at this great point I made" rather than offering new light to the other side and convince them
    forum obviously has different opinions to d'ohmer, mcgann etc. and they probably won't change your mind, you should just take the page 3 advice and "i'm out" this thread
    when i tried to get out of the thread, they kept arguing with me

Blog Entries

feminism
    [fem-uh-niz-uh m] Spell Syllables
    Word Origin
    noun
    the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.

the bear who loves to love c l o n e's Avatar
    Blog Entries

most people agree that the sexes should be equal they just don't realise that it requires challenging deep rooted male privilege that they're sort of used to/immune to so whenever a feminist actually challenges those notions, they think it's just them "crazy deluded feminists" at it again

Wanting to switch seats The Monorail's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What the hell is with internet's obsession with feminism? I bet the people most anti- or pro-feminism don't even know what the word means and the only female they know is their mother. The truth is that everybody who doesn't think that every person regardless of sex, religion, ethnicity, sexuality or other stuff, should have similar rights are wrong and should take the next train to Gofuckyourselvesville.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMcGann View Post
    N. What the fuck. You are literally saying that you can't think women and men are equal without being a feminist. That is so fucking stupid.
    Err, what? I said that everyone should being a feminist, which would obviously mean women and men should have equal rights.

Yes, because feminists are the wonderful truth speakers in a darkened world.

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

Quote Originally Posted by The Monorail View Post
    What the hell is with internet's obsession with feminism? I bet the people most anti- or pro-feminism don't even know what the word means and the only female they know is their mother. The truth is that everybody who doesn't think that every person regardless of sex, religion, ethnicity, sexuality or other stuff, should have similar rights are wrong and should take the next train to Gofuckyourselvesville.
    I agree. I don't agree with many self-identified feminists, however. So I don't identify as one.

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

Blog Entries

I am still baffled by the idea that gamers think their sacred hobby is being threatened because of... some lady who makes youtube videos and a different lady who makes text adventure games

Blog Entries

females arent better than males, males arent better than females

/thread

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

Ugh.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Shaunbadia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hamm View Post
    when i tried to get out of the thread, they kept arguing with me
    If you were really trying to get out of this thread, you would have ignored them.

Quote Originally Posted by hamm View Post
    oh and if you've been following the absolute SHITSTORM that the article refers to, this is fun (and i'm enjoying the comments):
    That video just reminds me that I TOTALLY tried to fuck that Grey Warden when given the option.

Also..."the hero from Fable II who makes good choices" haha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    I am still baffled by the idea that gamers think their sacred hobby is being threatened because of... some lady who makes youtube videos and a different lady who makes text adventure games
    I remember growing up in the days of the original PlayStation, and I never really thought of video games as being a predominantly male or female activity. Like, it just seemed like this fun thing that everyone was into at the time. Kinda helped that I have an older brother and sister who would play too. Maybe it's because I grew up with platforming games like Crash Bandiscoot and Spyro the Dragon for the most part, which felt like fairly gender neutral titles that anyone could enjoy, but even when there was a slightly more female oriented game in the house, like "Spice World" I didn't feel like my gender organs were under fire by some sort of brutal feminist assault (Remember how the Spice Girls were always going on about "Girl Power" back then?) I was just like, "Hey, this game is kinda silly/fun looking and I like the songs". Granted, back then it didn't seem like so many games came off as over the top male power fantasies like "God of War", "Halo" or "Call of Duty". Don't get me wrong, you had stuff like "DOOM" and "Duke Nukem" but there seemed to be much more variety among the most popular titles in terms of tone and accessibility.

It's a little goofy as it's meant to be funny, but this video kinda sums up how over the top it can come off as sometimes.

So when I hear about gamers who feel legitimately threatened by stuff like Anita's videos, I just assume they're too young to know any better (Because picturing a neckbearded manchild getting his nuts in a knot over it would give me a migraine). I mean, it's not like she gets her word out to the same levels that former enemies of the gaming community did in the past like Jack Thompson or Hillary Clinton who were lobbying to have violent games banned all together. If you don't care for the content of her videos, then hey, that's totally fine, I don't very much care for them either, but don't stoop so low as to send her messages calling her a whore and a cunt and that she should kill herself or whatever. That's the sort of shit I expect to hear from a 12 year old who thinks he's being a rebel on Xbox Live, not an adult trying to put forth criticism that they expect to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    Ugh.
    Good to finally get a woman's take on all of this.
    How to remaster

Great post, Shaunbadia.

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Zoe Quinn is a bully who harassed and nearly shut down a feminist charitable game-jam because she thought it was oppressive to woman. She went on a tirade against the Fine Young Capitalists game jam on Twitter, and her online supporters hacked into the group's site and shut down its donation page, and not only did Quinn boasted about it online, but she also told people to fund her own game jam instead. Her game jam hasn't even been organized yet, and thanks to Quinn's other controversy and all the backlash against 'female developer harassment' , there's almost no mention of how Quinn almost ruined a charity group meant to promote female equality in the games industry.
    As much as I dislike all the threats going to her, and as bad as the harassment against women in video games is getting, it doesn't discount from the fact that she's acting like a cunt.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Suomynona View Post
    Zoe Quinn is a bully who harassed and nearly shut down a feminist charitable game-jam because she thought it was oppressive to woman. She went on a tirade against the Fine Young Capitalists game jam on Twitter, and her online supporters hacked into the group's site and shut down its donation page, and not only did Quinn boasted about it online, but she also told people to fund her own game jam instead. Her game jam hasn't even been organized yet.
    As much as I dislike all the threats going to her, and as bad as the harassment against women in video games is getting, it doesn't discount from the fact that she's acting like a cunt.
    can you link me to this story from a reputable source?

39. Thumbs Up To This Post by: deadname

NHC's biggest shitposter Bort Simsin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This article really does give a good opinion about this problem:
    http://tay.kotaku.com/gaming-media-a...ics-1626090876
    It was in kotaku's front page as a"Today's selection of articles from Kotaku's reader-run community" before it got censored.

Thread Information