Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: gamers are shit

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'd rather any gamer to idiots like that. "Present virgin future murderer?" Really?

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

oh and if you've been following the absolute SHITSTORM that the article refers to, this is fun (and i'm enjoying the comments):

Is Zoe Quinn the woman who slept with a bunch of game journalists to get better reviews on her game? I can see why people don't much like her.

Blog Entries

hahaha no but that is what she is accused of, yes
    but don't let facts stand in the way of your anger at women, MRA!

I'm sorry? Anger at women? Huh?

MRA?

Just...what?

I didn't say that, but don't let facts stand in the way of your apparent vendetta against anyone who doesn't particularly love the modern feminist movement.
    Last edited by DoctorMcGann; 09-03-2014 at 07:39 AM.

Blog Entries

men's rights activists (for which you have stated your support of in the past) from 4chan and reddit etc attacked, threatened and doxxed Zoe Quinn because her bitter ex-boyfriend claimed she had an affair with people in order to get better reviews
    the people he accused her of sleeping with were in the videogame media but had never written a review (or even more than a factual news report) about her game "depression quest"

oh and she is a feminist so she is somehow a hypocrite for having sex even though it is none of the internet's business who she has sex with and that isn't what feminism is

Okay, let's go through the many levels of wrong you're demonstrating.

A. I believe that the less crazy MRAs have valid points. Same with less crazy feminists (I.e not people like you.) I am not a part of either group.

B. I'm looking it up and there is zero indication that the rape threats and death threats were from MRAs. I think that's just you assuming again.

I do seem to have been wrong about the sex scandal. I hadn't really researched it previously. Don't see how that equals hatred for women.

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMcGann View Post
    Okay, let's go through the many levels of wrong you're demonstrating.

A. I believe that the less crazy MRAs have valid points. Same with less crazy feminists (I.e not people like you.) I am not a part of either group.
    haha okay, i don't really believe in the existence of "non-crazy MRAs" but fine, whatever
    what feminist points have i been making that you dispute and class as "crazy"

B. I'm looking it up and there is zero indication that the rape threats and death threats were from MRAs. I think that's just you assuming again.

I do seem to have been wrong about the sex scandal. I hadn't really researched it previously. Don't see how that equals hatred for women.
    erm no, they weren't just from MRAs but a good chunk of those guys would describe themselves as MRAs. i've seen people in my twitter timeline arguing with them for the past few weeks. there is an alarming correlation.
    sorry if i immediately snapped at someone expressing incorrect information about a woman who has been threatened, abused and had her families personal info posted everywhere in the past few weeks but maybe you should know about things before you make judgements on them if you don't want people to do that to you?

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: box elder, Sam

You don't think there are reasonable people focused on the issues men have in society? What an odd world you live in.

I agree, I should have researched a little more before asking. Don't see why that earned me woman hating MRA.

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

Blog Entries

erm no, ofcourse i believe there are men's issues. MRAs seem to believe in the equivalence between their plight and feminism which is why i think they're fucking insane.

and that conclusion was based on your post + your post history. which i think is fair, mate. you use terms like SJW, you took an awful stance in the leaks thread and you consider yourself an MRA.

Blog Entries

also, what feminist stances have i taken that you think make me one of the crazy feminists mate

Well, for one, the claim that feminism is still hugely important but MR isn't. I think that neither have any huge issues more important than the other.

And a fair amount of people use SJW for themselves. If you're going to call people MRAs, why is that okay but my calling people SJWs is not?

I really don't think my stance in the leaks thread was that horrible. While the hacker is of course totally to blame, I'd still say it's a bad idea to put nudes online. Not wrong, but a risk for sure. Not blaming J-law or any of the others, just saying it's probably not a great idea.

Where did I say I'm an MRA? Would be silly of me if I did, I'm not even an online activist?

18. Thumbs Up To This Post by: D'ohmer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorMcGann View Post
    Well, for one, the claim that feminism is still hugely important but MR isn't. I think that neither have any huge issues more important than the other.
    hahaha okay
    recent internet events: a huge list of female celebrities intimate photos are leaked on the internet (they're either called sluts or told they shouldn't have taken them in the first place), a female videogames developer gets abused by a pack of angry internet losers because she had sex with several men, lots of female games industry figures leap to her defence and are abused too, male industry figures defend her and are branded white knights and SJWs, Anita Sarkeesian posts another of her videos and gets abused and threatened so much she has to move house and the exact same thing happens regarding anyone who defends her as happened to people who defend Zoe Quinn.

recent real world events: the Kirsten Gillibrand stuff, women have been raped and killed in India on a huge scale, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28963267 etc.

it is harmless for you to keep pretending that there is this false equivalence right now because you're 14. but at some point, you need to grow up and smell the coffee. there are men's issues sure but don't try and pretend they are on the same scale as the shit that plenty of women still have to go through.

And a fair amount of people use SJW for themselves. If you're going to call people MRAs, why is that okay but my calling people SJWs is not?

"social justice warriors" is a sarcastic phrase used to make fun of people who are vocal about women's rights, racism, homophobia and other prejudices. i'd much rather be in the SJW camp that in the anti-SJW camp.

Where did I say I'm an MRA? Would be silly of me if I did, I'm not even an online activist?
    in some thread where we had pretty much this same argument

Well, I'm all broken up about that mans rights

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

I have an internet friend who I saw using the phrase "social justice warrior" once. He's a good guy.

22. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

you can be a good guy and use the phrase "social justice warrior" but, in the moment you're using it, you are being an awful human being who needs hitting across the head with a plank in almost all cases

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Tromboon

Blog Entries

If only we could put mods on our ignore list...

Blog Entries

ha!

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

he hates me

Blog Entries

i got nice guy d'ohmer to say something not nice, you guys

Blog Entries

it was passive aggressive rather than full aggressive though which is a bit disappointing

Blog Entries

I don't hate or even dislike this mod, I'd just rather not read their posts.

Blog Entries

i bet it is Jims

Blog Entries

I wasn't trying to be passive aggressive, I just didn't want to directly attack someone. If I hurt anyone's feelings, I apologize, but some things need to be said.

Blog Entries

you can address me directly if you want, @D'ohmer

Oh, I firmly agree that all those things are bad. However, except for the thing in India, I don't see what can be done about it by feminism.

I thought you said Quinn didn't sleep with all those men?

Can you give me an actual quote of me saying I'm an MRA?

I extend my condolences to Sarkeesian for having to move house. For all that she's pretty terrible, and lord knows what she did with that 150k, that should never happen to anyone.

Blog Entries

No, I didn't. Quinn was accused of sleeping with 5 different games industry men. She won't comment if she has done it or not because, rightly, her sex life is irrelevant. They have had no involvement with writing reviews etc. on her game whether she slept with them or not.

I can't remember the thread and I tried to search for it when I made that post. Even if you didn't say it before (which I believe you did), you've expressed sympathies for them.

Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    I wasn't trying to be passive aggressive, I just didn't want to directly attack someone. If I hurt anyone's feelings, I apologize, but some things need to be said.
    why do you hate me

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hutz View Post
    why do you hate me
    Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmer View Post
    I don't hate or even dislike this mod, I'd just rather not read their posts.

Thread Information