Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: gamers are shit

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I honestly have no idea who that guy is and never watched his vids. But I hear about him all the time in regards to GG and it's almost never anything I like/agree with so he is now a clod to me.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah i've made an active effort to avoid TB because all I know about him is he's the leader of the GG neckbeard losers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Blog Entries

I sort of had heard the name TotalBiscuit here and there long before all this GamerGate stuff (Can't even use "GG" as an abbreviation myself because I just think of Game Grumps) but from what I understand he's a PC Gaming critic, so I guess he just... reviews games? I've never seen one of his videos so I don't know if they're supposed to be funny or anything but he seems to go by "The Cynical Brit" as a subheading to the TotalBiscuit moniker, so one would imagine he probably made a bit of a persona for himself ragging on crappy games like so many other YouTubers before and after him.

Actually, y'know what? I'm looking through his YT video list and I'm trying to find something reasonably short to see what his stuff is like. The shortest vids I can see are around the 15 minute mark, so I'm gonna try this Rambo one. I don't need to know much about the source material because I know what the Rambo movies are and it's probably about as short as we're gonna get here. Let's go!

Okay, so... I don't think he's meant to be funny. Which, y'know, correct me if I'm wrong on that, but it didn't feel like he was trying to make jokes or anything. It was just 16 minutes of him repeating the same grievances over and over and ripping into a crummy game, which, y'know, cool, not every critic has to be a comedian, but the whole thing just felt kinda strained and dull. Like, about 6 minutes in I was kinda feeling like he had said all there was to really say. Not the sorta thing I'd go out of my way to watch again, personally.
    How to remaster

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

this is separate from tb being a big old tool but why are all videogames youtube personalities "cynical" or "angry" or "grumps"?

ANGRY GAMER
    FURIOUS GAMER

why are games making y'all so angry?

the protagonist of reality Two Guys, a Girl, and a kat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Because they're forced to play almost exclusively shitty games for the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamtasm View Post

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hamm View Post
    this is separate from tb being a big old tool but why are all videogames youtube personalities "cynical" or "angry" or "grumps"?

ANGRY GAMER
    FURIOUS GAMER

why are games making y'all so angry?
    i'm guessing this is a joke but the reason is because of the popularity of the AVGN. when AVGN first started out the joke was that he got enraged over these simple stupid 8-bit platformers, and when he got big a ton of other people emulated his "FUCK THIS GAME RAHGHREAHGTS" style of videos, and some of THOSE people got really big too, which leads to people copying THEM, and that's why the "angry reviewing" genre is easily the most popular and oversaturated one on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

It's more fun to review bad games than it is to review good ones--I'll admit to liking AVGN videos where he reviews terrible games that I'd never play. Negativity is often more entertaining than positivity.
    Get woke, go broke

Blog Entries

here's an idea for any budding youtubers: please stop doing that

Blog Entries

i want to watch a fun person talk over a videogame and not an angry cynical bore

The only "angry" cynical reviewer (he's definitely more cynical/critical than anything) I pay attention to anymore is Yahtzee in Zero Punctuation precisely because his vids are fun to me and he seems to actually like, know what he is talking about though he can be over-critical w/ stuff I like. He does the vids with simple animations (usually white figures and props on a yellow background) and the rapid-fire speech but he speaks clearly. He is a comedy writer so his vids try to make you laugh even if you totally disagree. I love Tomb Raider but every time he rips into it I crack up. He's often down on Nintendo but I usually see exactly where he is coming from. And he at least definitely has games he totally loves and makes videos for them so it's not all just shit games he talks about. I also respect the fact that he actually did try and succeed at making several games of his own. His Chzo Mythos isn't perfect but a nice surprise. But I definitely over this particular style of YouTuber.

Actually, I wonder what Yahtzee thinks of all this GG crap...

EDIT: Ah, going the "neutral" route but so far not super pleased with some stuff I'm seeing.

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Let me just say, the original era of Game Grumps wasn't really "angry". Sure, there were moments of insanity but those were few and far in between. The original Game Grumps were two guys on a couch playing games and shooting the shit. I just wanted to specify that. But I agree with the sentiment of "angry" being a trend. It kind of objectifies the entire process because what if they really like a game? Will they drop their "angry" charade and sing its praises or just pick a bad game to shit on?

Blog Entries

what do you mean 'original'? game grumps is still just two dudes at a couch playing games and having fun conversations. it's still the most fun gaming series to watch on youtube because they're usually not going 'fuck this game' they're just having fun. it's a bit like a podcast with something going on in the background. if anything the jon era was more angry. danny's much more contained than him

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I only say "original" because I can't stomach Game Grumps in its current state but that's a discussion for a whole other thread.

Blog Entries

Gamegrumps, is still pretty great. Maybe not as consistently hilarious as the Jon era but it's still great.
    Too many people wrote of Danny and Ross right away without giving them a chance, even then they are both better than Arin imo.

But let's not turn this into a gamegrumps thread.

Blog Entries

speaking of TB's poor relationship with other youtubers:

your fave word, koops!

seems like the yogscasts are goodies then.

Blog Entries

has pewdiepie declared his stance yet

Blog Entries

also

God and he spelled it babby

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by handsome View Post
    if anything the jon era was more angry. danny's much more contained than him
    Agreed. Jon own his own show, scripted though it may be, is much more capable of reeling himself in than he was on Game Grumps with Arin constantly yelling shit beside him. Danny's always managed to keep himself fairly mellow even when Arin's having a fit about something. Like, rarely doe he ever seem to join in on the yelling. He just laughs at Arin getting irrationally pissed off at whatever they're playing. Also, he's a good storyteller. That's what makes current GG feel more like a podcast (At least when it's just Arin and Danny. Personally I find Ross, Barry and Suzy pretty dull). Danny has unloaded so many great stories about his Jewish upbringing and botched sexual conquests that it just makes for great listening. It's less about watching them play a game sometimes and more about listening to someone with a great personality giving you little insights into their life.

Also, in terms of reviewers the only person I really watch is Caddicarus. Even when he really fucking hates something he manages to say something half decent about it before giving it the slaughter. Plus, he really goes more in-depth with his analysis of things than you'd expect of someone who's show is supposed to be comedic. (Also, he does a lot of PS1 games so it's just nice to see a video pop up and be like "Oh, Crash Team Racing!", "Aw, nice. Croc!" or "Holy fuck, Vib-Ribbon!?").

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

god this keeps happening why the fuck

http://comicsalliance.com/honey-badg...-calgary-expo/
    there really was one way to be and this is not it, we think

It's all about ethics in panel discussion

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: box elder

ugh i really hope that if women had all the power they'd be just as terrible as men, because i hate to think that one of my chromosomes makes me inherently shitty

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

I swore I wouldn't post here again but:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    ugh i really hope that if women had all the power they'd be just as terrible as men, because i hate to think that one of my chromosomes makes me inherently shitty
    Had we discovered effective, female-controlled, birth control when humans were first forming societies, we would probably have formed egalitarian societies instead of patriarchies. There are a few societies, currently, which are indeed egalitarian, and we've even had evidence of matriarchal societies which which still skewed closer to egalitarian than any of the patriarchal societies we've seen.

Boys and girls are treated differently from the time they are infants, it's really hard to undo all that.
    🔮Marianne Williamson 2020🔮

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by box elder View Post
    Everyone is more than capable of being an asshole, regardless of their gender, so yeah, if the shoe was on the other foot, it'd probably be the same. Of course, the problem in the first place is that all the power is on one side, rather than equally spread between both. It's not like the solution is every man in the industry stepping down and allowing a member of the opposite sex to take their spot (Which is what some retards seem to act like when the subject of women in games or feminism is so much as even mentioned in passing), it's allowing more women to get their foot in the door of the industry they want to be a part of so that things can eventually be evened out.

Blog Entries

Last edited by The Spruce Moose; 11-17-2015 at 03:15 PM.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

that photo has been circulating my school
    I keep telling kids it ain't real but they don't care
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

wrong link?

Blog Entries

Fuck's saked. Fixed.

Wow...that really goes to show you how absurd this thing is at this point. Does anyone actually even care about GamerGate anymore? Can't believe these people are still at it.

Thread Information